Hyperbolic Mafia - Night 2 - 48 HOURS REMAINING

199 posts

Flag Post

This post is reserved for my ever-so humble lock. If I am ninja’d, you shall not play in this game of mine, nor any others for the rest of eternity. You have been warned.

Flag Post

Welcome, to Hyperbolic Mafia!

Your next few days of life will be taking place in the bustling, yet quaint, metropolis of Ronpa. Sustained by a miniscule amount of citizens far below its maximum holding capacity, this city is where you have recently moved to.
You came with the idea that your innovative thoughts and actions would better help the world in a place where you’d be surrounded by people as EXTREME as you. Of course, given that you are completely and utterly worthless, and quite frankly shouldn’t be thinking at all, this was the wrong line of thought. Behind the scenes, you were pushed here, to this secure government facility in order to monitor your behav REDACTED.

Getting back on track here, you’ve always had the worst luck humanly possible. Because of this, you were shunted arrived here just as a series of brutal killings erupted, as if from hellish fissures, carved through the roads by Gaia herself! Ahem, excuse me. The town leader, me, of course, has made the executive decision to hold a series of trials, once per day. These mockeries of modern justice displays of wit and stupidity will determine who dies. Who will emerge victorious? The scumbags that represent evil and sin, or the noble townsmen who stand by all that is good and holy? I’m afraid that’s up to you.

Flag Post

Rules. Ah yes, necessary for any group in order to prevent transformations of humans to uncivilized rats. Here you go.

GENERAL
1.) All official Kongregate rules apply here.
2.) Any and all of the rules mentioned after this point are subject to change by me at any time. I also reserve the right to add, remove, or in any way alter the rules for this game, without notice.
3.) I may not have listed a particular rule in regards to a subject or situation. If you are confused about a point, feel free to PM me about it or post it in the thread.
4.) Breaking or disregarding these rules is grounds for punishment by me, and can range from anything to being replaced from this game to a full-on, permanent ban from all of my future games. So watch yourself.
5.) No one may use text that is hidden, requires visits to other sites, or must be scrolled over to see. Usage of these will result in being replaced.
6.) Treat all fellow competitors with respect. It’s just a game, and in the big picture, a meltdown is only going to make people remember you for your assholish personality instead of your brains.
7.) If you plan on going AFK for more than 1 in-game day and 1 in-game night, please inform me, so I can quickly find a replacement, and so you don’t harm everyone elses gaming experiences.
8.) Editing posts is also outlawed in this mafia. If you wish to “edit” a post, please use EBWOP, or edit by way of double post.

GAME-WISE
1.) All votes must be bolded and be in the format VOTE: “Player Name.”
2.) If the vote looks like a vote, it’ll be counted. Please don’t use purposeful misspellings in order to attempt to fakevote, because it will be counted.
3.) If someone wishes to unvote, they must bold it and use the format UNVOTE: “Player Name.”
4.) All days will last 72 hours. However, if lynch is achieved beforehand, the day will end and the game will enter the night phase. Lynch is achieved by having a majority of players vote for a single player. If this majority hasn’t been reached by the end of three days, it will result as a no-lynch.
5.) Upon death, a player’s role will be revealed, using information quoted from the PM sent to him.
6.) Upon death, a player may make one post containing no information relevant to the game. This post must be completed at the beginning of the next day phase.
7.) If you have a night action and do not wish to use it, I expect a PM stating so as proof of your activeness.
8.) The player list will be reorganized into alphebetical order after the list is confirmed when roles are sent out. Until then, it will remain in chronological order from earliest signatures to the latest.

Flag Post

Notes Essential to Gameplay

• 13 players will be needed for this game.
  • Scene flavor is NOT RELEVANT to gameplay, and only exists for the purpose of spicing up my job.
  • In order for me to guarantee that you have read the bulk of this material, please include at least one palindrome with more than one letter in your post.
  • There will be no Jester, Survivor, or otherwise overly bastard role in this mafia. The subjectivity of this is up to me to decide which roles are bastard and which aren’t.

Sign-up List
1. AdeebNafees
2. Bluji
3. Crash301
4. Djrockstar
5. Gamelover13
6. Helltank
7. Jaskaran2000
8. Minnakht
9. Myhome16
10. Thelolofdeath
11. Walfordking
12. Yiu113
13. Zzzip50

With that said, let’s get ready to RUMBLE!!!

Flag Post

This post will remain unused for now, just in case I need it in the future.

Flag Post

Sign pre-roles.

Hannah.

Flag Post

Sign me up.
Racecar

Flag Post

Fake Story

Why would I want to help the world?I am EVIL.

Actual Story

Wait a minute…the government can’t do that…I’m more powerful then them.

No seriously.If you doubt me,you will be destroyed.If the U.S. military doubts me,they will be destroyed.

I AM RAMPASAURUS REX.I TRAMPLE ALL WHO STAND IN THE WAY TO MY DESTINY.FREEDOM.

Flag Post

Sign at NOON.

Flag Post

Ingsay.

The race car will ride the wind on my level.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sebba:

Fake Story

Why would I want to help the world?I am EVIL.

Actual Story

Wait a minute…the government can’t do that…I’m more powerful then them.

No seriously.If you doubt me,you will be destroyed.If the U.S. military doubts me,they will be destroyed.

I AM RAMPASAURUS REX.I TRAMPLE ALL WHO STAND IN THE WAY TO MY DESTINY.FREEDOM.

if u don’t have time to play pls dont

also sign

Flag Post

Treat all fellow competitors with respect. It’s just a game, and in the big picture, a meltdown is only going to make people remember you for your assholish personality instead of your brains.

B.B..bbb..bbbuutt..but.

Flag Post

I spy with my little eye a mafia worth joining.

(Though I don’t like playing closed setups as much as I enjoy hosting them)

Sign

If this majority hasn’t been reached by the end of three days, it will result as a no-lynch.

Can we vote for DL extensions? 72 hours is a good DL, but you never know.

Plurality isn’t in effect, then? That’s a bit problematic owing to the lack of anti-lurker mechanisms. Ten to one the game will die some time around D2 since most people aren’t willing to pull the weight of their opinions.

Flag Post

as if from hellish fissures,

Oh, come on. Devil never even lived. Either way, I’d like to sign hereby.

Flag Post

Bob

June 16, 2013, 4:00 PM

I was scrolling around on my favourite website, when I suddenly noticed there was a new exciting mafia in the Forum Games Forum. It was called the Hyperbolic Mafia, and I noticed a couple of my friends, like Minnakht, had already signed into the game. I looked at it and thought to sign for it as well. In my sign-up post, I thought I should note that Cult is pretty bastard, so the game mod tracymirkin should not use it unless the cult was nerfed heavily, but the main point was that I was signing to the game.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

I’m using my megasign to sign up for this so MEGASIGN

Flag Post
Originally posted by thelolofdeath:

I’m using my megasign to sign up for this so MEGASIGN

no u suck

Flag Post

I hereby sign to this mafia.
Madam I’m adam.

Flag Post

Yiu113, Sebba, Zzzip, and thelolofdeath, please reread all of the opening posts and then try your luck at signing again. The rest of you have been accepted. As for Jask, whose post is completely useless and simply irritates me, as I have no scroll wheel, I would appreciate it if you removed it.

To Adeeb:

Yes, if need be, players can vote for day extensions, but will require at least a quarter of votes for these. Maximum length for a day is 120 hours or 5 days. And no, plurality is not in effect.

Flag Post

My level of signing is too damn high.

Flag Post

Another mafia spotter on the radar

Must….resist…urg- SIGN

Flag Post

EBWOP: spotted*

Also, it occurs to me that there is no rule against editing posts, unless that counts under General Rule No.5 as editing and deleting text effectively ‘hides’ it. Also, just for clarification’s sake, does General Rule No.5 include Strikethrough text and Small text?

Flag Post

It was included under rule 5, but I added a specific rule on the subject to clarify. And by rule 5, strikethrough is fine with humorous intents, but not if you’re deliberately trying to hide information. And as long is the text can be read without much effort, it’s fine. That size is okay, but no text that you could mistake for a bug on your screen.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tracymirkin123:

Yiu113, Sebba, Zzzip, and thelolofdeath, please reread all of the opening posts and then try your luck at signing again. The rest of you have been accepted. As for Jask, whose post is completely useless and simply irritates me, as I have no scroll wheel, I would appreciate it if you removed it.

To Adeeb:

Yes, if need be, players can vote for day extensions, but will require at least a quarter of votes for these. Maximum length for a day is 120 hours or 5 days. And no, plurality is not in effect.

You should’ve put that in the actual rules- I never

Originally posted by tracymirkin123:

To Adeeb:

I didn’t see that since you put it on the signup post(which I just didn’t read) rather than the rules post. So thus, I sign up with the following question: Do geese see god? Oh,and don’t forget.
h1.MY MEGASIGN.