Hyperbolic Mafia - Night 2 - 48 HOURS REMAINING page 6

199 posts

Flag Post

no dj u suck

Flag Post

I’ve noticed one thing. If I’m mafia and am active, I drop a shitload of scumtells. Here are two examples of my terrible mafia play as mafioso, and even I admit those were terrible. I haven’t bothered diving into analyzing helltank’s, yiu’s and lolof’s posts that much but if I find it necessary I will return to them on day 2.

Flag Post

As the first group meeting has the curtains drawn on the discussion, one can only wonder if this intelligent, yet irritating display of ideas will symbolize how later days will progress. Numerous votes have been submitted by the majority of the civilians, only to be changed as the wave of suspicion washes over some other unfortunate soul. As I, the mayor, count the votes from the garishly decorated ballot box, a single bead of sweat appears on my forehead. Simply giddy with excitement, I list the votes.

“For Bluji, a single vote, by our very own Jaskaran2000!”

“For Yiu113, two votes, submitted by none other than Myhome16 and Thelolofdeath!”

“Lastly, and possibly the least, five votes for Thelolofdeath, from Helltank, Yiu113, Bluji, Walfordking, and Zzzip50!”

“How interesting. The first victim is Thelolofdeath! Please make your way to the podium!”

Shaking from head to toe, Mr. Lol slowly makes his way up the tall stairs, thinking only of the death that is surely coming. Halfway up the stairs, he breaks down and runs back, only to be forcibly dragged back up by some masked goons. As they shove him in the wooden chair and fasten his limbs with leather straps, he continues to cry. Then, as I press a ridiculously large red button, a massive stone column falls from the ceiling, completely and utterly destroying his once-quaking body.

As blood and other various bodily substances shower the crowd, I wipe my face with a nearby rag. Small compartments in front of each contestant open up, each containing a single meth pipe, with a small amount of drugs on its right, informing the contestants as to why Mr. Lol was here.

“A master level drug addict. Quite a fitting death, don’t you think? I mean, I’m sure his world of highs and lows came crashing down awfully fast! Ahahaha! Well, if that wasn’t enough, I’m sure there will be a second serving of bloodlust tonight, as we eagerly wait for who I’m sure will be the next victim to commemorate this fine event. And with that, you may all go back to your rooms! Wash up, and have a nice long rest! You’ll need it for tomorrow’s meeting. But if you have other ways to spend your night, do what you will, it will only make the game more exciting!”

And that’s that. The day ends in the lynch of thelolofdeath. Night 1 begins now, and will go on for 48 hours. You have until the end of this limit, being Thursday, June 27th, at 6:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time (GMT – 5). If you wish to use your night actions, please send them in now!

Here is the role of the now-dead, thelolofdeath.

Hyperbolic Mafia

Hello there! Horrible day, right? The sky is black, the once-lush earth is ashy and crumbles at a touch. Maybe you’ll stop being so happy all the time, and let sadness grip you in its cold, undying grasp. The whole world isn’t all sunshine and daisies, okay? Whatever, screw you. You’re a Rehabilitated Meth Head.

Basically, you have no abilities, and you are completely useless to society. Oh, but you’re a great fingerpainter. Got a degree and everything.

Win Condition

Exterminate the bad guys. You know, the mafia. Get rid of ’em. When they are all dead, you win.

Have fun, you waste of space.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tracymirkin123:

As the first group meeting has the curtains drawn on the discussion, one can only wonder if this intelligent, yet irritating display of ideas will symbolize how later days will progress. Numerous votes have been submitted by the majority of the civilians, only to be changed as the wave of suspicion washes over some other unfortunate soul. As I, the mayor, count the votes from the garishly decorated ballot box, a single bead of sweat appears on my forehead. Simply giddy with excitement, I list the votes.

“For Bluji, a single vote, by our very own Jaskaran2000!”

“For Yiu113, two votes, submitted by none other than Myhome16 and Thelolofdeath!”

“Lastly, and possibly the least, five votes for Thelolofdeath, from Helltank, Yiu113, Bluji, Walfordking, and Zzzip50!”

“How anticlimactic. Without a majority of votes, which would have been seven, it seems that no one will be killed today. Sorry for all you freaks out there who were awaiting a death. I’m sure your bloodlust will be satisfied tonight, as we eagerly wait for who I’m sure will be the first victim to commemorate this fine event. And with that, you may all go back to your rooms! If it’s your thing, sleep ’til morning, just make sure not to miss the meeting! But if you have other ideas in mind, do what you will, it will only make the game more exciting!”

And that’s that. The day ends in a no-lynch. Night 1 begins now, and will go on for 48 hours. You have until the end of this limit, being Thursday, June 27th, at 6:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time (GMT – 5). If you wish to use your night actions, please send them in now!

ok i missed this part but

this is stupid

this is basically town no lynch all the way

how the hell does town win

Flag Post

If I did something wrong, I’ll change it. I took majority to mean the majority of total players, if this is wrong alert me now.

Flag Post

I don’t feel like that is a very good idea.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tracymirkin123:

If I did something wrong, I’ll change it. I took majority to mean the majority of total players, if this is wrong alert me now.

Yeah, should be player with most votes,

Flag Post

The post has been fixed.

Flag Post

Generally, if a player ever gets the votes of the majority of total players, he is immediately lynched, no matter how long to the end of the day phase. When the last vote(the hammering vote) is cast, the game goes into Twilight phase, which is the same as the Day phase but no Day abilities may be used and no votes may be cast. The Twilight phase ends when the mod comes, kills off the lynched player and turns it into night.

If the Day’s deadline comes without any player having the majority of votes, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If it is a tie, the player with the most votes FIRST will be lynched. A majority of votes going towards No Lynch, or having no votes at all, will result in a No Lynch.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

Shortened.

Nope. This is if and only if the mod wants to use such a mechanic. Y’know, it’s not very general in games but rather very rare nowadays, and only you seem to use it ;)

Flag Post

It’s the mafiascum rules.

Flag Post

This is Kongregate, not Mafiascum. We’re not the same site.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yiu113:

This is Kongregate, not Mafiascum. We’re not the same site.

I certainly like it better than your rules.

And it makes for a better game.

I don’t care about being different like U.S.A exceptionalism.

I just want what works.

Although I’ve never heard of twilight phase.

Sounds like a cool idea that puts more emphasis on the hammer.

Flag Post

Slowly, the sun rises over the infinite horizon. Slowly, the afficionados congregate in the open plaza in front of the large building made specifically to hold the trials that occur daily. Some, still in their night wear rub their faces with exhaustion being all they can think about. As I pull up in my decked-out vehicle, I beam them a smile, quite opposing to their saddened faces, for they all know what awaits them inside. Pressing a device on my keychain, quite similar to a small remote, the massive steel door to the building raises. As the masses slowly make their way to their voting booths, they can’t help but notice the cloaked figure in the center of the room, supported by a rope. I, on the other hand, make my way to my podium with haste, eager to start the day.

“Hello everyone! I’m sure you’ve all noticed the supposed, ‘white elephant in the room.’ Well, I could strain your brains by continuing to stall, but I’m feeling nice, so how about we speed things up? Lackeys?” Gesturing to some hooded persons in a doorway on the side, the workers walk over to the hanging body, removing it’s cloak, as well as slicing the suspended rope.

Bluji’s face is present on the corpse, though behind multiple stab wounds, it’s pretty hard to tell. At least one sob escapes the room, despite the fact that all of these people have only known each other for a single day. Before the waterworks begin, the same compartment that revealed the meth pipe yesterday opens, this time containing a magnifying glass and a single glass eye.

“Ah, this time a detective. I wonder what exactly he was able to discover before last night’s end. I’m sure it would be able to close some doors of suspicion. It’s such a shame we’ll never know! Ahahaha… What am I doing, let’s get a move on! Start talking, you’ll need to if you want to survive!”

There you go. Bluji has been killed. Day 2 begins now, and will end in 72 hours, at approximately Sunday, June 30th, at 6:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time (GMT – 5). I will remind you that day extensions may be voted for. However, at this time, discussion may begin, and you may start voting.

Here is the role of the now-dead, Bluji.

Hyperbolic Mafia

Hello there! Horrible day, right? The sky is black, the once-lush earth is ashy and crumbles at a touch. Maybe you’ll stop being so happy all the time, and let sadness grip you in its cold, undying grasp. The whole world isn’t all sunshine and daisies, okay? Whatever, screw you. You’re the Gumshoe.

You’ve got notoriously sticky fingers, gallons of black and white paint, and a glass eye reserved for special occasions. You live your days in the shadows, watching the civilians of Ronda. Here are your abilities.

Active

Once a night, you may take a gander at one of the usual suspects. You’ll learn the role description of whoever you investigate. Stay grounded, Flatfoot.

Win Condition

Exterminate the bad guys. You know, the mafia. Get rid of ’em. When they are all dead, you win.
Have fun, you horrible creep.

Flag Post

brings my spirit back to the mortal plane,reassembles my body,takes it back,tests it out,grabs a machine gun,and shoots it everywhere,hitting everyone but somehow not killing ANYONE.
I can’t believe this all happened. I’ve been framed for a crime I did not do… I had to resort to a DeathHeal spell to tell the truth. This is all a lie. People. You must try to stop this.. Get rid of the killers,the framers. End it all and get redemption for all of you. blows a hole in the wall with a fireball spell and walks out Goodbye,all of you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thelolofdeath:

brings my spirit back to the mortal plane,reassembles my body,takes it back,tests it out,grabs a machine gun,and shoots it everywhere,hitting everyone but somehow not killing ANYONE.
I can’t believe this all happened. I’ve been framed for a crime I did not do… I had to resort to a DeathHeal spell to tell the truth. This is all a lie. People. You must try to stop this.. Get rid of the killers,the framers. End it all and get redemption for all of you. blows a hole in the wall with a fireball spell and walks out Goodbye,all of you.

Cool.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

I’ve noticed one thing. If I’m mafia and am active, I drop a shitload of scumtells. Here are two examples of my terrible mafia play as mafioso, and even I admit those were terrible. I haven’t bothered diving into analyzing helltank’s, yiu’s and lolof’s posts that much but if I find it necessary I will return to them on day 2.

Well this was the last thing Bluji said, so the most likely motivation for his death was him, well, being a Gumshoe, even if he wasn’t known to be a Gumshoe. The way I see it, there are three outcomes:

1) Helltank, Yiu, and/or Jask were mafia and upon suspicion being placed on them by Bluji decided to off him before he builds a case against them

2) Helltank, Yiu, Jask, and/or some other town thought Bluji wass suspicious and thus assassinated him in the night.

3) Somebody else killed Bluji in order to draw suspicion on the three mentioned or to prevent Bluji from connecting the dots to them.

Flag Post

Bluji never placed suspicion on yiu or me. He merely said he’d analyse our posts on D2.

Also, I’m not surprised Bluji died, gumshoe or not. It’s SOP to kill the veteran mafia players early-thats why AdeebNafees always gets offed night one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Crash301:

Well this was the last thing Bluji said, so the most likely motivation for his death was him, well, being a Gumshoe, even if he wasn’t known to be a Gumshoe. The way I see it, there are three outcomes:

1) Helltank, Yiu, and/or Jask were mafia and upon suspicion being placed on them by Bluji decided to off him before he builds a case against them

2) Helltank, Yiu, Jask, and/or some other town thought Bluji wass suspicious and thus assassinated him in the night.

3) Somebody else killed Bluji in order to draw suspicion on the three mentioned or to prevent Bluji from connecting the dots to them.

Sorry, I’m not a player, but you just went through just about everybody :/

Flag Post

Fuck you. Seriously. Now you all probably can see why I don’t like being active in mafias, but rather observe.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Crash301:

Ignoring the fact that you pretty much went through every possibility except some idiot with a killing role deciding to rng the night, can you explain why you specifically singled out Helltank, Yiu, and Jaskaran? I feel like you hold them more special than the other players. Can you explain why you think they stand out and specifically what made you think this way?

Flag Post

Seriously? Come on, let’s have some effort. I’ll grant two days extra, and if you guys want, you can still have the day extension vote. Let’s see some discussion.

Flag Post

Because we were the only ones who had any interaction with Bluji, Zzzip? I dunno, you seem pretty wary of Crash for some reason(gut feeling), I think he’s scumhunting. Not really suspicious, not really VI. Mistaken(in my case at least :P) but not evil.

Flag Post

how is that wary, im simply probing further into an interesting topic

but now that i think about it, yeah you were defending bluji, yiu was vote jumping everywhere, and jask had that really weird prediction on bluji and myhome.

wait this reminds me…

jask is being very paranoid this game, and i cant seem to find a reason why.

You may be right with that, but how exactly does this help town? You are lurking, which is not what a townie would do. Not commenting on anything, just a simple statement to show you’re active, but nothing of substance, unlike what townblu would do. [FoS: Bluji]

Funny you should miss Bluji, considering you “analyze” everything so closely. May be a simple slip, or may be scum.
[PoS: Hell]

I don’t have time, but I have read through all posts, I would finally like to state this:

[Unvote: Myhome]; [Vote: Bluji]

Myhome is scum too, but Bluji is more dangerous scum. Either helltank, lol or both of them are scum.

I refuse to consider you’re town because you’re using a half-lurker strategy, unlike how you play as town.

You adopt a half-lurker strategy when playing as mafia, as seen here, here and here

You adopt a strategy of being active when playing as town, as seen here, here and here

I don’t think I’ll be quitting any time soon.

so to summarize everything, jaskaran manages to deduce bluji as a dangerous scum after his first two posts, and then also deduces myhome as slightly less dangerous scum from his one post, then suddenly calls helltank out as a member of scum, for more understandable reasons, but also thelolofdeath for no reason. And then he makes a very confident remark on bluji as The Scum and continues to push bluji to die.

at this moment i am very confused, as i can only imagine three possibilities: jaskaran is amplifying anything insignificant and turning it into a scumtell, jaskaran has some kind of weird information embedded into his pm, or that he is being strangely paranoid than other games and i don’t know how to read that.

and i need to know, and i remember this post of yours:

No, this is not a RNG/joke vote. I won’t be disclosing the reasons for this now, maybe later if I survive N1.

pls disclose this now.

Flag Post

Zzzip, you pointed out Jaskaran’s very suspicious posts…

Actually I didn’t think they were suspicious at first but now that you say it he does look completely paranoid. Uh. It can’t be that he had additional info in his PM because, you know, he marked Bluji as being the ultradangerousscumleaderomfgbbq and Bluji turned out to be Town Cop. I think he’s trying to fake having info in his role PM so he can get Bluji lynched, followed by myhome and me. Guess what? We’re all well-known scumhunters and he might even know that Bluji had a power role.

I think it’s scum trying to pull a fast one, and with no other leads(thelolofdeath does not count as a lead, he just seems crazy VI to me at this point) I’m going to Vote Jaskaran.