Tainted Redux - Roleplay Thread [Zombie RP Strategy]

215 posts

Flag Post

“In a dystopian future, you get one chance, and one chance only.”

Flag Post

“We’re stuck here now, in the middle of the night, with a hell load of zombies. I don’t know if I can pull through this, or my group can pull through this. All I know is that we’re giving it our best shot.”

Day 1, 08:00

Flag Post

Merk

I’m sleeping in the toilet to avoid the cold of the winter. A sudden metallic sound. I grunt. Someone must have walked in. Shaking my head, I make to stand but decide to rest for a few more minutes. Wait…

I suddenly register that instead of a tiled floor, I was lying on carpet of some sort. Wait what? I stand up rapidly, taking a glance around in the dark light. My eyes begin to adapt to the darkness of the night, and I begin to focus on objects. Some insects are crawling around in a corner but I just averted my gaze. They were just insects. I had seen a lot worse in my time. Glancing around, I suddenly see other people. Again, I feel confused. Why are we all here in this…place?

My instinct was buzzing like a hornet. I didn’t know about these people, but I’d imagine when they woke up they were going to feel rather mixed up, just like me. I groan again, then slide my hands around the room, my feet following. There! The light switch! It flickers on, and the others begin to wake up.

“So um…do any o’ ya know why we’re here?”, I said, watching them with darting eyes. Several of them had some rather dangerous items with them. Why?, I asked myself, but no answer would come.

Then the memories came flooding back. Ghetto boy. Outcast. Living the streets. And…zombies. Shit. I ran for the windows, stumbling over random objects as I couldn’t see them. Opening the curtains, I took my surroundings in. On the hill, several kilometres away, was a burning fire, and a horde of zombies. Whoever had occupied there had obviously joined this bastard group. They sniffed the air, then looked towards me, directly into my eyes.

“Guys…”

Flag Post

Matthew

I wake up, although I’m pretty tired. With my eyes trying to adjust to the light, I see a lot of people inside. I have a sudden feeling of déja vu for a moment. I think this happened before, I just can’t put a finger on it. But, I assure myself I just fell asleep at work. Then I see a man running over to the window. That’s when I notice I’m not in my hospital.

I look around, and notice a backpack, and a table near it. There, I notice my glasses, genetics kit, blueprints and my trusty breadcutter knife, which I use for practically everything. Most of them are scattered around. Seems like I ran into this, er, whatever the hell this is, and quickly put my belongings on that table. Not sure why, though.

Tumbling to the window, I notice an orange light, (probably a fire, my eyes are not adjusted just yet) and near to that… oh wait… I forgot to put my glasses on… There, now better. I check again. So, there’s a fire, alright, and next to that I notice a horde of zombies. “Well, nothing important” I think to myself, and walk over to the tab- Suddenly, my eyes open wide. Were they really… I run over again, accidentally tripping in another sleeping person and falling down. Climbing back to a standing position, I look again. Yes, there are zombies. Zombies as long as the eye can see. A small group is already leading the group, running towards the city, and more accurately, our shelter.

Suddenly, I think of my family. My sister, parents, and grandparents… All of them I left in Europe, thousands of kilometres away. I communicated with them all the time, having video chats in internet cafés, and talking about what happened to them. Even in this small city, I managed to talk with them via my laptop. They told me that a week from now, the case of my 5 classmates will be officially closed. Then, I can go back to my home country… if I survive this hell of an apocalypse.

Speaking of which… I can’t find my laptop. I think I left it in the hospital. Thankfully, I have made it mandatory there to insert vaccines for every known disease and their mutations, so they’re immune to those. However… if this zombie disease is something else we didn’t recognise, then the zombies are immune to all of those viruses. Meaning we’re square fucked.

Anyway, now we should do something to prevent us from becoming zombies. For starters, I try to wake everyone up inside the shelter. Then I pack my stuff, grab my breadcutter knife and head downstairs.

Flag Post

Danielle

I wake up somewhere. I slowly get up and notice my hair is a mess. I quickly re-arrange them so that they’re not on my face. Then I take a look around, noticing several people around me. A young man was standing nearby and had just asked whether any of us knew why we were here.

“Well… I don’t know why we’re here, I’d much rather at first think where are we”, I say calmly, but in a firm voice. Then I notice he has pulled the curtains aside from the front of the window. I slowly approach him and the window and notice the zombies. At first, I don’t believe my eyes. Then, I realize I had a backpack when everything went dark earlier, so I decide to look around the room for it. I finally find it beneath a sofa that looks pretty ancient to me. Looking at what items the other people seem to have, I feel… useless.

Flag Post

Magnus

I’m kind of glad that I brought my friend here. His fire axe will make a welcome addition to the combined strength of the survivors here. I’m just letting him sleep for the most part. While he does that, I check the basement so see what’s down there. Cobwebs and this one rat whose body is nearly as big as the body of a house cat are the only things down there that don’t need to be there. I can clearly see a small workbench in the basement a few items here and there.

Items on workbench:

-1 Claw hammer
-1 box containing 20 six-inch nails
-1 Vice Grip attached to the workbench

Flag Post

Alex Shipton

Waking up groggily I look around to find myself in an unfamiliar room with a whole bunch of strangers. Who are these people? I slowly stand up and notice a flashlight, as well as some batteries next to where I was sleeping. I quietly pocket them and scan my surroundings. It looks like a shelter of some kind. The lights in the room were pretty dim, making it hard to tell where I truly was. I notice light coming from the window though, and to my surprise I see what looks to be like a large spreading fire with multiple people walking towards our general direction. I hope those aren’t zombies, maybe they’re just tired of running I hope. Though in my mind I know that’s not true.

Turning around I notice that most of the survivors here had a weapon of some sort. I take out my flashlight and turn it on and off a couple of times, almost playing with it. It may not be a weapon but at least it works? I once again put it in my pocket, I hope it’ll be of some use.

Flag Post

Magnus

I clamber back upstairs and see a beam of light disappear. A flashlight, maybe? I look around and see some guy putting one away.

“Where’s your weapon? You won’t survive on a flashlight alone.”

The man is a fool to have not brought a weapon with him. I shouldn’t deny the idea that he might have one concealed though. There’s no point in concealing it however…we all know not to turn on each other…At least that’s what I believe.

Flag Post

Alex Shipton

I pause for a couple of seconds trying to find the right words. “I…don’t have a weapon.” I respond in a monotone voice whilst staring directly at him. Was that really all I could say? And why the heck did it come out so creepy? I look to the right of me and sigh, it’s going to take a while for me to get used to these people. I hope he doesn’t think I’m crazy.

Flag Post

Elena

No, not one of these again…

I sit up, rubbing my face to better adjust my eyes. Everyone here was a complete stranger…no surprise there. Without a clue as to what the actual time is, I check my phone and see that it has more than half of the battery power left. Maybe calling home will shed some light on the situation.

It rings, over and over again, before the line goes dead. I pull the phone away from my ear and it shows there’s no signal. Weird, it was working just fine a second ago. I stand up and put it in my back pocket. Maybe the signal will come back soon, or even better, I’ll receive a phone call from my parents.

Flag Post

Magnus

I look around the room I’m in and notice a wooden table. Nobody seems to be using it so I flip it over and rip one of the table legs off by wiggling it back and forth until the screws come loose.

“Come with me downstairs. I’m going to get your weapon ready.”

I carry the table leg downstairs and set it down on the workbench.

“People should learn not to be so reliant on ready-made close-quarters weapons such as axes and maces and the like. In desperate times, we must learn to use the environment to our advantage. This table leg, for instance, would make a great clubbing weapon but I want to add more to it because a simple clubbing weapon shouldn’t be enough when you have other resources to use on it.”

Flag Post

“Jackson”
I’ve been awake for several minutes now. These people – undoubtedly apocalypse cultists of some kind – seem to have dragged me here, removed my suit, then taken something to give them all amnesia regarding the last few hours for them whilst simultaneously doing the same for me. Weeeell, that won’t help you, cultists. I’ve gotten my suit back on, so you don’t get to see my face. And I am primed in a position where all I need to do to fight back is unwrap my arms from around my legs and leap up, and then I can punch you all to death. And it will be a glorious escape. And then they will be zombie foodstuffs. Ha ha.

Flag Post

Alex Shipton

I hesitantly follow the large man down into the basement. “So, what exactly are you going to do to this table leg?” I ask. Looking around the basement I notice a large scurrying thing in the corner. I jump back. “What the heck is that?” I yell. I take out my flashlight and aim it at the creature. Turns out it’s just a large rat. I put the flashlight back into my pocket and apologize for yelling.

Flag Post

Emily Dodson

I sit up on the couch with Little Miss Suzie hugged tight against my chest. A yawn escapes my mouth as I look around the room. People went down stairs into some dark room, others are sleeping while some other looks in the distance through a window. Strangers, all of them, “Never talk to strangers..” Mommy’s voice rang out in my head, I don’t recognize any of them, I don’t know their motives, what do they want? I scoot backwards, tight in the corner of the couch burying my face into Little Miss Suzie’s yarn like brown hair.

Flag Post

Magnus

“I will see what I can do about the rat when I have the time. In the meantime…”

I grab the box of nails from a shelf above the workbench and turn the bench light on to reveal my workspace. With the box of nails placed on the table and the hammer and table leg ready, it’s time to make this weapon even more useful.

“What good is a club if it can’t very easily pierce and shatter bone? This box contains six-inch nails. I’m going to put a bunch of then into the striking end of the table leg.”

I spend five minutes getting this new weapon ready. During those five minutes, I try to strike up conversation.

“This apocalypse, huh? We all had normal lives before this. What were you doing before all this happened?”

Flag Post

Alex Shipton

“Well, I, uh, owned a small electronics store. It’s a shame I didn’t get to run it for very long. What about you?” My words don’t flow as smoothly as I want them too, and I can tell that the man notices I’m having a hard time talking to him.

Flag Post

Magnus

“I was a coal miner who lived by himself in the mountains. I was also a coal salesman. It was a decent job…trained my upper body to such an extent that I can wield a mining pick with one hand instead of two like normal people would wield it. Working in electronics, huh? So, I guess that means you can handle electronic devices well. That would be useful when the time comes for it.”

I put a few more nails in and look at the weapon I’ve created in the light.

“There…that should make smashing skulls easier for you. The nails go into them to perforate the skull, making it easier to shatter. What’s your name?”

I hand the makeshift mace over to this guy and count how many nails I have left.

Nails: 6

Flag Post

Alex Shipton

“My name, its Alex Shipton.” I grab the makeshift mace and perform a couple of practice swings before pausing for a second. “And yours is?”

Flag Post

Matthew

Well, I manage to wake some people up. Better than nothing. After sharpening the blade of my large knife on the table, I head down, where I notice 2 of the people talking. I let them be, and look around. What catches my eye is that there are 3 cardboard boxes which no one seemed to notice. I carefully open them, using my knife, hoping that the people who lived here at least stacked up some weapons, explosives, or possibly both.

Flag Post

(1 roll per box for “hammock-a”. Dice used: 1d20…Roll 1: 8, Roll 2: 15, Roll 3: 3)

(The first box holds a small roll of duct tape, almost completely used. The second box houses a slightly thick three-foot wooden dowel and some nails. The third box houses a dead roach.)

Magnus

“Magnus Windsor…likely the only one here with actual Viking roots. I can’t wait for the dead to come by. I thirst for battle. Hopefully that weapon will do you some good. Modifying bladed and blunt weapons are what I specialize in but I need constituent parts to modify a weapon. Nails were the constituent part, in this case.”

Flag Post

Alex Shipton

“Well it’s… nice to meet you Magnus.” I stick my hand out for him to shake it. “So you’re a viking?”

Flag Post

“Jackson”
…what, did these cultists erase their memories of being cultists too? More fool them. They’re still screwed if they try to get me, because they’re cultists, and thus evil.
…expect possibly the little girl on the sofa. Maybe she’s a cultist in training… which would mean that she isn’t necessarily fully inducted into their lies yet… or maybe she’s a sacrifice to the zombies to stop them eating the other cultists? Why would they sacrifice a little girl like that? Those monsters! But then again, she might still be a cultist… and a sacrifice! Oh, now I see their twisted game – they’ve made her think she’ll get to join in on their cultistry, but really they’re just going to sacrifice her to their depraved cultist god! Those sick bastards! Well, I won’t let them sacrifice her! With a sudden movement, I jump to my feet, stride across the room to the sofa, and grab the young girl, putting her in a fireman’s lift over my shoulder, thus leaving her relatively safe whilst giving me a free hand to beat the hell out of the cultists if they try to attack me.

Flag Post

Magnus

I shake Alex’s hand and nod.

“In a manner of speaking, yes, I am a Viking. My mother’s side of the family is all of Viking descent. My father was English. My mother was the one who wore the pants in the family. We didn’t really question her unless something was bothering us at the time. Eventually, I had moved out and became a coal miner/salesman. With a bit of help, I managed to get a cabin built in the mountains so that I could easily head over to the mines, work for a few hours, get some coal stored in bags and sell my share of what I mined while keeping some for myself. Things went down, resulting in my departure from the mountains. I ended up here.”

I begin walking upstairs and see some guy in a protective suit, holding a girl.

“What are you doing? The zombies haven’t found this place yet. Put the girl down so you and I can talk because right now, you’re acting very suspicious.”

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Elena

The bickering going on behind me sparks my curiosity, and I turn around to see what’s going on. Apparently, the guy wearing that armor has taken the little girl and is probably planning to go somewhere else with her. They could possibly know each other, but everyone else here is a stranger to one another, so that can’t be it.

“You can’t just take the child if you don’t know her, especially since you have nothing to protect her with. Like he said, put her down, before anyone gets hurt.”