[Sign-Ups] Virtual Reality {Sign-Ups Postponed Until August 15th 2013}

81 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for Locks, Barriers, Walls, and all other types of detaining mechanisms.

[Make sure you read the whole prologue before ‘filling out your application’.]

Prologue Part I – Advertisement
Suppose that in the future, gaming systems had increased in quality to the point where a person didn’t just see the game, hear it, move and the character moved, or any combination of the above, but they quite literally were injected into the base game template, ceasing to exist in real life but for a backup genetic copy, any number of which could then be sent into the game to assist if necessary. Complete loss would eject them back into reality. Of course, to the outer physical world, no time passed at all but in the player’s mind. This technology might be wildly popular in the future, possibly, but the future is now. At least, somewhat. A group of ten of the best young video gamers will be chosen to test this new technology. Over varied games they may go, but the overall experience they had will be the determining factor in if this is mass produced. Will you be one of those first ten, who leads the charge?

Prologue Part II – The Story (Futuristic Background Info)
The applicants were selected, and all tested positive in the final examinations. They bravely went through the pains this would take, including having monitoring chips put in their heads. These would keep track of their statuses, as well as contain advice. Then, through the prototype portal they went, to their respective places. All seemed well…too well. Then, it happened. An overactive day and newly activating magnetic field was all it took, and several components at the nearby electric plant flickered ceaselessly. Traveling down the line, the resounding power surges wrecked the equipment, as well as messing with the monitoring chips. As the reality/VR portal broke, all its data fused. Now, all ten find themselves again together in this newly muddled world. They must wander, fight, and search to find their way out. This raises questions as to what would happen when they got back? They would remain the same, as the researchers agreed amongst themselves. They would have to live with it until a way to ‘cure’ their condition was found.

Flag Post

If you were in the first VR, I will accept your prior application. You will not count towards the ten. First come first serve when it comes to characters, even for the original players. If I don’t think a character has enough depth I’m not accepting the application.

Applicants:

1. (Pigjr1) Brian – Sonic the Hedgehog – Sonic series.
2. (vixenated) Ellie – Lara Croft – Tomb Raider series.
3. (Kipdon) Duncan – Jace Beleren – Magic: The Gathering series.
4. (2Cents) Mark – Gordon Freeman – Half-Life series.
5. (Behemoth542) John – Keeper – Dungeon Keeper 2.
6. (GotterakaThing) Erik – Cpt. Titus – Warhammer 40,000 series.
7. (therealsirmark4) Vinyl – Gaige – Borderlands 2.
8. (Godzillasrabbid) – John P. – Link – Legend of Zelda series.
9. (tilliot) Jonah – John Marston – Red Dead Redemption.
10. (Serefin) – Jake – Bakugan Brawler – Bakugan series.
11. (thedude0) Sam – Talon – League of Legends.
VGW (Return player) 1. (Squidward568) Chris – Faith – Mirror’s Edge
VGW 2. (TailsTheFox12) Nathan – Miles ‘Tails’ Prower – Sonic series.
&c.

Once the data collapse completely takes place, I will re-open the sign-ups. Then late arrivals may join.

Application form:

Name:
Favorite video game character (that is, whichever character you want to play):
Description and location (game) of above character:
Sample abilities of above character:
Other relevant information:

Flag Post

Game Status: Loading, please be patient…

Flag Post

The formalities are out of the way now. So, this is Virtual Reality (Life Two), which I’m just calling Virtual Reality. This RP [not RPG, I tried using stats/levels once and it was a nightmare] was done once before and it faded into oblivion, mostly through my fault. Go ahead and ask any questions you need for clarification.

Flag Post

Reserved for Information.

Flag Post

Hell yes, it is finally out! I loved the original! :D

As I recall, I was Ichigo Kurosaki, from Bleach, and my name was Chris. Is there any chance that I could change my character?

Flag Post

Name: Brian Doheny
Favorite video game character: Sonic the Hedgehog (Great in Brawl)
Description and location (game) of above character: Basically Sonic Games.
This talking blue hedgehog with red shoes is the mascot of Sega Enterprises. He is famous for his quick speed and witty remarks.
Sample abilities of above character: Superspeed

Flag Post
Originally posted by Squidward568:

Hell yes, it is finally out! I loved the original! :D

As I recall, I was Ichigo Kurosaki, from Bleach, and my name was Chris. Is there any chance that I could change my character?

Permitted. Rewrite whichever parts of the form apply.

Originally posted by Pigjr1:

Name: Brian Doheny
Favorite video game character: Sonic the Hedgehog (Great in Brawl)
Description and location (game) of above character: Basically Sonic Games.
This blue hedgehog is the mascot of Sega Enterprises. He is famous for his quick speed and witty remarks.
Sample abilities of above character: Superspeed

Accepted.

Flag Post

I don’t know how I thought of Brian Doheny.

Flag Post

Neither do I, but it works.

Also, while the post-box is open, I will note that I will be part player in addition to being the narrator. That having been said I’ll write up my own character form after either the spaces fill up or a certain amount of time passes.

Flag Post

Okay, I’ve done it.

Name: Chris Crippler.
Favorite video game character (that is, whichever character you want to play): Faith.
Description and location (game) of above character: She is the primary antagonist of Mirror’s Edge. There are lot’s of things that can describe her, but I’d prefer not to explain it and provide a visual aid: http://ayay.co.uk/backgrounds/action_games/mirrors_edge/faith-connors-fighting.jpg
Sample abilities of above character: She is a very skilled melee fighter, being able to disarm and take down skilled guards with ease. She is moderatly good with guns, being able to equip and use most. Her primary skill is her stamina and her free-running ability; she can traverse all environments very easily, and very quickly, being especially skilled on roof’s.
Other relevant information: Faith’s parents were protestors, and she was very good at her illegal profession, being a ‘runner’. Chris is a computer ‘nerd’, and his favourite game was Mirrors Edge. She has two parents, yet no siblings.

The only complicated thing about this is the apparant gender swap from male-female during the Virtual Reality thing, which may get a bit complicated… Is it possible to Gender Swap Faith to a Male?

Flag Post

If anyone can figure out where I got Brian D. from, I will give them some virtual bacon.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Squidward568:

The only complicated thing about this is the apparant gender swap from male-female during the Virtual Reality thing, which may get a bit complicated… Is it possible to Gender Swap Faith to a Male?

Well…in another place that I once ran VR, a precedent was set to keep characters as they were, regardless of any awkward situations, in order to promote conflict and drive plot. On one hand, of course, here isn’t there. On the other, I’m not directly familiar with the character of Faith and one of the main points of VR is for the player-characters to start losing their identities to the character-characters as they are.

So I’ll ask for your input while I do some research: If her background is such that gender wouldn’t make much difference in for formation of her identity, I’ll permit your request. Otherwise, I would rather keep her as-is, especially if you’re willing to write an extra layer of conflict (and based on FAW, I know that you’re very capable of high tension).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pigjr1:

If anyone can figure out where I got Brian D. from, I will give them some virtual bacon.

Video Game High School.

Also, Tails, I have decided to keep my characters the same, with Chris a male and Faith a female. It seems quite fun to write, actually.

Flag Post

As promised, your virtual bacon. With pig on the side.

Flag Post

Awww, hell yeah!

Flag Post

Name: Ellie
Favorite video game character: Lara Croft
Description and location (game) of above character: Even though she’s rather intelligent, young Lara still has a lot to learn as her struggles with her enemies are just beginning. She’s currently in the island of Yamatai, from the new Tomb Raider.
Sample abilities of above character: Stealth, armed and unarmed combat, survivor skills, environmental expert.
Other relevant information: N/A

Flag Post

Name: Duncan
Favorite video game character: Jace Beleren
Description and location (game) of above character: “…a human planeswalker who is incredibly intelligent and adept with blue magic, capable of such talents as clairvoyance and illusion. His specialty, though, is in the art of inborn telepathy which makes him unique within the multiverse. He has a reserved and decadent nature and a troubled conscience for the poor decisions he has made in the past.”
Sample abilities of above character: Mind control and damage, mental magic
Other relevant information: His mind control, albeit difficult to, can be resisted.

Flag Post

Name: Roy Schmidt
Favorite video game character: Pokemon Trainer (male)
Description and location (game) of above character: Pokemon trainer can catch and control a variety of colorful monsters with different abilities. He starts with a weak pokemon and 6 pokeballs.
Sample abilities of above character: Can capture and control monsters.
Other relevant information: N/A

Flag Post

Name: Mark Resh
Favorite Video Game Character: Gordon Freeman (I literally joined this game just so I could play as him)
Description and location (game) of above character: Currently in the white forest(Which is where the last Half-life game ended). Gordon is the silent protagonist of the Half-life series. He wears a hazard suit to protect him from threats and sports his trademark crowbar. Gordon is unlucky enough to get into trouble and lucky enough to get out of it.
Sample Abilities of above character: Gordon is able to use most weapons accessible by human beings, and is very resilient due to his suit. Gordon is very smart, and graduated from MIT with a Ph.D in theoretical physics and can work his way out of puzzling situations. Gordon is also stronger than the stereotypical scientist, able to swim and climb in the hazard suit along with other physical activities. His suit also incorporates a long jump module, allowing him to jump long distances that no ordinary human being could jump, much less in a suit.
Other relevant information: Mark is able to tap into Gordon’s brainpower and is smarter than the average 15 year old. Mark loves the Half-life series and is a geek. Mark really wants to see his older brother again, who is 24 and therefore wasn’t eligible despite being a better gamer than Mark. Like Gordon, Mark is unable to speak(And this is something I really want to try out)

There. I am now Gordon Freeman :)

Flag Post

Name: John
Favorite game character: Keeper/Hand of Evil
Description and location (game) of above character: The Hand of Evil is the personification of the Keeper, the ruler of one of the many dungeons which, for some reason, has a something with the color red. It’s located on the underground below the Kingdom of Heroes. It’s appareance is the one of a “simple” hand that’s got the size of a Beetle car floating above the ground, which can move freely around the world at moderate speeds.
Sample abilities of above character: Free levitation, ability to cast spells, inability to interact with the world and the people in ways that require something else than one hand (for example talking), ability to pick up most objects.
Other relevant information: Although in the game it was directly linked with the Dungeon Heart, and couldn’t be harmed directly, due to the accident the Dungeon Heart fused with the Hand of Evil. Now that is not linked to it, it’s movement and limited interaction is not limited to the dungeon anymore, but now it can be harmed, not being the hand a very resilent being. Has a fondness for the red color and gold. It also generates some mana over the time, which is what allows it to cast its spells.

Flag Post

Name: Erik Steiner
Favorite video game character: Captain Titus of the Ultramarines 2nd company.
Description and location (game) of above character: Captain Titus is the Ultramarines 2nd Company captain in Warhammer 40k Space Marine. He has fought through an Ork WAAAGH! and a Chaos incursion on the Forge World Graia. Unlike most of the Ultramarines, he views the Codex Astartes as guidelines, not as a bible.
Sample abilities of above character: Captain Titus is as augmented as any other Ultramarine. The list of augmentations he has are listed here. He also wears MK 7 power armor.
Other relevant information: His loadout is a power axe, vengeance launcher (Graia pattern), and a plasma pistol. He also has resisted getting tainted by the Warp and because of this, he is very hard to corrupt.

Flag Post

I want to reserve plz

Flag Post

Bump.

Flag Post

Ow, stop bumping me.