The Metropolis RPG (clue: survival)

188 posts

Flag Post

R4L
 photo toxon.jpg
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/36-forum-games/topics/350130-the-metropolis-world-continuous-rpg-ready-now

Flag Post

News/Info

Dark secrets are going to arrive in a few RP days. You definitely want to read this then.

Flag Post

reserved for extras!

Flag Post

Grey Silver:

Floor Composition:

This building has 126 floors. Your located on floor 13.

Fortunately, it’s one of the better floors, thanks to a few gardens in it’s midst, but due to that, it sees a lot of bandits and thieves.
There are 8 bedrooms on this floor, an oxygen generator, along with 5 rooms devoted to ag, each with a single crop focus. One ethanol, cloth, plastic, corn, and potato cultivation room, each about 200×200 feet, along with a medical facility near the main elevators for that building.

The windows are polarized, along with the elevators ‘seemingly’ being shut down due to there being no electricity save the generators provided by the ethanol there. The staircases… well, up seems to be safe, but the toxins seem to begin with the lower floor, though light in this case.

Flag Post

Grey Silver
I’m used to bandits and thieves. I’ve lived with them for a while, learning how to protect myself. However, today was different. I was collecting potatos in the potato cultivation room, when I thought something was behind me. I looked behind, to see the average bandit. I was ready for a fight. However, the bandit said, “I come in peace. I heard of these mythical biospheres in the outside world. Why limit yourself to this floor? You should explore other floors.” I don’t know if I should trust this guy. I don’t usually make bonds with people, but when I do, they aren’t bandits. I continue collecting potatoes and think about what he said. Is it true, that there’s actually a better place in the outside world? It keeps me awake the whole night, when finally, I decide that he’s right. I’ve got nothing to lose. I climb up the staircase to the above floor, wondering what adventure lies ahead of me. One question stuck in my mind, “Why was this guy trying to help me?”

Flag Post

Grey

Sometimes levels are given. This has unlocked Lv1 explore. Floors 10-15 are accessible now.
You have also gained 300 exp. (= 1500 exp)

As you used the staircase, you noticed several directions. A door, just to the right, a long corridor heading to an airlock, and another long corridor just ahead. The airlock said: “Hanadon Access”, which indicated that the section would be very hazardous.

Unfortunately, you don’t have the exploration level to have much interest in that airlock – yet.

Horus

You noticed yourself awakening to the sounds of the usual technicians, in your biosphere. For you were a guardian that was assigned to defend the sphere at any cost.

Zev: “Preliminary scans complete. Battlesuit activated. No environmental systems operable.”
Kia: “Vital signs indicate he’s in perfect health. How about we add the ‘Nutrinet’ system to his suit so sanitation and nourishment won’t be a problem? His income rating is sufficient.”
Zev: “He has the ratings to make that a very good investment, but what about the mutoids?”
Kia: “It’s ok. Very well, we will deduct the credits for that. Sure hope he can pull off this situation.”

You had fully woke up to them, remembering them. But they expected a response. (This biosphere has 18 floors, but is rather huge)

Changes:

Your suit now has the nutrient system, but you only have 3,000 creds left.
You will need to recharge the suit every 6 hours presently, and you cannot remove it. Sleep, however, is automatic, and allows for 48 hours of such at max. You can choose when.
You have no choice on your levels. 300 exp left, with Lv3 Weaponry and Lv5 armory. This will allow you to use the primary combat systems on your armor, plus be minimally trained to use it.

Flag Post

(It doesn’t work like that. It’s just power armor. AND WOULD YOU KINDLY LET ME PICK MY OWN LEVELS AND LET ME MODIFY MY SUIT MYSELF?)
Horus Lupercal
I facepalm. “I enjoy the fact that you’re powering up my suit for me, but it really doesn’t need recharging every 6 hours. It just needs to be recharged every 48 hours at minimum.” I say. “Now go away. I don’t guard your biosphere. I rule it. I’ve got guards stationed everywhere however.”

Flag Post

(ok, but those are the lvs at min for that.)

Zev

“Dang, I had forgotten about your position. But we want to bring you to attentions over the situation. We awakened you for a reason.”
They pointed to the monitors. “Mutoids, we call them. As you can see, there are thousands out there, and we only have 200 soldiers presently. To make matters worse, do you remember the hydrite cultivators? Sabotaged. Lifesupport will fail in approximately 12 hours at this rate, unless we can repair the damage. Even then, it will take another 4 for them to produce, cutting it very thin. However, shield generators are sufficient for now… unless you want to divert the hydrites from there to life support, buying us the resources we need to keep lifesupport going. ok?”

Hydrites – A gem, water based, very advanced!

Flag Post

Horus Lupercal
“You could have just repaired it while I was out. Still, repair it.”

Flag Post

Zev

“Blasted problems… we don’t have a technician anymore, and you know how expensive one of those guys is nowadays, last repair bill, you know, was nearly 65,000 credits. This time, estimates indicate it will be nearly 300,000 to repair it no thanks to those blasted mutoids, even then, the technician would be likely to take the money and run.

I may as well do it. I’m the next best thing, and perhaps I can salvage the situation, but unless something is done, and soon – we are in big trouble.

You may as well use the underground relay tubes to explore this sector, but who would be brave enough to do that?"

Horus gains explore Lv3! It’s just enough to explore the full biosphere.
Also gained 300exp (600 now)

Note: Hazmat is unlocked for you. Expensive at 700 for lv1, but useful…

Flag Post

Grey Silver
I open the door the the right, and enter it. There’s no turning back now.

Flag Post

grey

a merchant!
gained 600 xp – first merch.
(now would be a GREAT time to level up – you have 2100 exp.)

alytia’s mart
she will not change prices. Examining you, she decides to allow these goods for now:

dagger – (lv1 weapon) 300 creds. (exprnsive, but knowing the situ, not too)
military MRE – 300 creds for 8 meals. (average…)
leather boots – (lv2 armor) 65 creds (wow! definitely cheap)
energy drink – 65 creds each. It’s called ‘Fizzy Cola’, or do you want ‘kendon’ (a root beer). Takes lv2 items.

she introduces herself. You also notice another door in the way your facing.
“locker room. 2800c if you want to rent for 6 months. 4000 for a permanent locker, but your expected to use it at least weekly then.”

Flag Post

ishara
sometimes i will do character related npcs

“horus…. doesnt the name strike a bell?”

man: “I know him. One of those military tyrants. But as long as he has that biosphere, we may as well support him”

“I don’t trust him, considering the records.”

man: “nobody does.”

Flag Post

Horus Lupercal

I decided to venture to a workshop, where I modified my Talon of Cthonia to be stronger than before. I then walked out of the workshop and back to my desk. Time to calculate how much I get for tax day. Since I set the taxes to be 3%, all I had to do was figure out how many people I had in the biosphere.

Flag Post

Grey Silver
I level up. Then I buy the dagger, military MRE, and leather boots. (4335 creds left, I think) I put on the leather boots. I thank Alytia, and proceed to go back out the stairway and go up one floor. What have I got myself into? I’m not even sure how to use this sharp object they call a “dagger”. I should never have trusted the bandit, but I have to move on.

Flag Post

The stairs dont go any further, grey, in this area. The dark sector is notorious for such.
popl: 600
Horus: You don’t have crafting levels. Needs 200 more exp for lv1.
BUT… for determining the sphere populace, 1200xp is earned. Further, you know the full layout of the building, but know there are only 4 ways in/out: Vech port, Helipad, Main Entry, and relay tubes.

Frank

From the meditation chambers in the cathedral, you could hear the winds from the toxic disaster outside. It would be a pleasant day, but the sounds of the mutoids were ever present, and always increasing in numbers and volume. But fortunately, the cathedral was really well protected with warrior monks.

The abbot came in to the chambers saying: “More rumors of those mythic biospheres. It would seem our calling is to find one of them.” Then left.

Your now on exploration lv2. This will let you achieve floor 8 of the building, along with heading to the basement and remembering most of it. You also gain 300 exp.

Grey

300 exp for weapons 1, 900 for armory lv2 = 1200exp total. So… Lv1 weapons unlocks the dagger. Remember, only basic forms of daggers so far.

Flag Post

Grey Silver
Ok… then I go down to the 12th floor. What have I got myself into? I’m not even sure how to use this sharp object they call a “dagger”. I should never have trusted the bandit, but I have to move on.

Flag Post

(you have the exp for it. It’s only 300, and you can always choose when you level with your exp. Just see the mart on the ooc, and say there! I’ve said the price, let’s say you learn it now, then… 1200xp left. You see, those exp things, they are the levels, so lv1 is easy.)

Grey

(300 exp for that purchase, will assume you do so)

Just then, you realized how to equip the dagger. It was so simple, you should’ve thought of it in the first place, but somehow, it was a drain on your exp.
As you began heading down into the myst, however, you began coughing. It was doable, but obviously, the toxins were slowly entering the lower floors. So far, covering your mouth with your clothes would be sufficient. (you have armory lv2, so it’s legal)

It was awfully dark in the corridors there, then you noticed a room near a crossing point heading forward and to the left.

300 exp gained. (now 1500)

Flag Post

Grey Silver
I go to the room.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pigjr1:

Grey Silver
I go to the room.

Inside, you found:

2x Brooms (tools lv1)
One conainer of cleaner. (items lv3)
3 packages of 5 dust masks (haz lv1)
1 respirator and 3 reserve cartridge sets, each with 2 filters. (haz lv3)
A flashlight with a standard duranium battery (18/22 hours of light left) (tools lv1)

And… a leather cap (armory lv1).

200xp gained. (1700xp)

Flag Post

(Tools and items levels?)
Grey Silver
I put on the leather cap and enter the beaker room.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pigjr1:

(Tools and items levels?)
Grey Silver
I put on the leather cap and enter the beaker room.

(equipment’s and abilities are always on levels, but other things are iffy about that.)

Only to come across another airlock. Damn… By the sign of the airlock, you needed a gasmask and biohazard suit to enter. There was a sign: “Proper maintenance of hazmat equipment’s is vital for your safety in here. Please make absolutely certain your ready for entry.”

1800xp gained. (3500xp now – dude, see the list on ooc, make those purchases there.)

Flag Post

(No, I meant that you didn’t include it on the EXP post.)
Grey Silver
I return to the 14th floor and go through the “another long corridor”. What secrets lie at the end of this corridor?

Flag Post

(they reveal themselves as you advance, but medical is called items now)

Grey

As you go down the long corridor away from the airlock, entering the doors there, you notice yourself overlooking some soldiers with hazmat equipments, along with a general, through a polarized window. The general was beckoning you to the control place, via a door just to the right.

It also led to a corridor on the left, with 3 doors on the side, and 1 door forward.

The three doors on the left were closed, and had signs on them, generally indicating levels of being outfitted with hazmat equipment’s.

Flag Post

UNIVERSAL STATUS:

Current Exp: 300

Current credits: 25

Levels:
Exploration lv4
Food/Item lv3
Weapon lv3
Armour lv3
Survival lv3
Magic lv2
Crafting lv2
Tactics lv2

Inv:

Meditation Mat/Scarf.

Storage/room key 0813.
Access card.

13 fizzy colas.
11 MRE’s.

Stashed items:

3 dustmask kits.

5 sets of farming tools.

Hazmat suit (class a) (lv8 arm, lv12 haz) (2 hours of o2, full)
5 coveralls (lv3 armory, lv2 outfitting)
Old Robes (lv0)
Old Boots (lv0)

Seeds of: Potatoes, Corn, Wheat, Barley, Sugar, Plastic, Ethanol, Cotton.

Equip:

Silken Robes (basic priest garbs) – Armour Lv3.
Hard Leather Boots – Armour Lv3.
Hard Leather Gloves – Armour Lv3.
Old dagger – Lv0

Magic:
Magic Missile

Frank

Current Exp: 300

Current credits: 0

Spending: Would it be possible to level up medical/item?

Levels: Exploration lv1

I get off my mat and roll it up. I unroll and fold it, I wear it as a scarf. I walk to the stairs at the back, Cathedrals used to be small well decorated buildings, now they are towers, central to a lot of religion. The Metrolisation has changed traditional values. I am at the stairs, I walk down the stairwell. I see a door to the basement. I push it open. Preparing for who may be inside. I remember a lot of the floor plan. I walk over to the old coffee machines that residents had ordered before the crisis but was put in storage, time took it’s toll on them. I don’t dare to venture outside this small storage cubical yet, I will search it first.