[Game] Virtual Reality - Chapter 1.0: What Just Happened? page 7

202 posts

Flag Post

John P.

After some dogding, I find the princess. I walk up to her, and when she looks at me, I fall asleep.

Wut happend?

Flag Post

Mark

I look at the other players and mentally wish that I had chosen a character who could SPEAK. But oh well. I pull out my trusty crowbar and toy around with at as I listen to the other players speak.

Flag Post

John P.

I wake up, and find a couple of players speaking. I hear “HEY! LISTEN!” as Navi explains that the Virtual Reality machine broke down. Since she was noisy, people stop talking, and look at me. I make a face that means “I’m sorry she doesn’t usually do this”.

Flag Post

Erik
I look around and see a person walking towards us…with some sort of blue light with wings. I almost resisted the urge to kill the blue light. But in the end, I grabbed my power axe and tried swinging my power axe at the blue light.

Flag Post

Nathan

As I look over the group (and hear that awful fairy tell us that we’re more or less stuck here) my sky blue eyes settle on a cobalt blue figure. There’s Brian…no, Sonic…no, Brian! Sonic…slowly I approach the hedgehog. Even though I’ve gotten more independent, he’s still my hero. …that’s not right. …that’s not me! But before I can stop myself, in a somewhat adoring voice I say, “Sonic…”

Flag Post

Ellie

“Hey, what do you think you’re doing?” I take a few steps forward to confront the axe-swinging madman, unable to let him hurt anyone for some reason. “Put that away, we have a big issue in case you haven’t noticed.” As I’m talking, I unholster my sidearm. This was crazy, to say the least, but why should I have to hold back when it came down to defending myself and the others?

Flag Post

Jake
Ah great. Once again I’m left to break up arguments. It’s school all over again. I walk to the duo that’re about to get into an argument. “Both of you calm down! The last thing we need is in-fighting!”

Flag Post

[Well crap, I kept on telling myself that I would get more posts in but I kept on putting it off, then I needed to get school stuff and shit…]
Vinyl
I wake up and look around, at first I expect to see the start of the game, a frozen tundra surrounded by the rubble of the train in the opening cut scene, however as I brace for the chilling ice I notice that I’m not at the start of Borderlands 2. I see some people in the distance and I feel split. Part of me wants approach them and ask what the fuck is going on, in those exact words. However the other part wants to do what real me would do and stay back and observe. I end up doing the latter.
[Question, do we still retain our player’s abilities? For example, would Vinyl, playing as Gaige, retain her ability to draw?]

Flag Post

Sam

Before I revive at base the area around me goes black, I’m left asleep for a long time. I wake up to the middle of a fight. I stand up and ask Tails, who from what I remember was Nate, “What’s happened?” I see a guy with an axe “Hey Darius, leave the blue thing alone.” I say to him, hoping that I had remembered his name correctly.

Flag Post

Jonah or John
I hope in the machine it stings but works I’m in! I wake up in the desert or the west but then my mind hurts I look for the others but I see pixels and I seem to look into other games and I see black I pass out.

Sorry for shortness I’m trying to catch up

Flag Post

John G./Hand of Evil

“Yes! Yes! Walk over there, you stupid, white armor, royal idiot! Just one step further…”

Everything was going like wonders. I had beated all the levels easily and I had designed the ultimate trap to kill the King. And he fell into it easily! I “watch” (I’m a hand, I have no eyes, but I can still see, somehow) as all the triggers activate and go forth, activating the boulder traps and making them move towards the unsuspecting hero. And, when he’s finally trapped and cannot get out, everything goes white.

Some minutes later

I wake up in a field with some waterfalls near. I can hear them. I look around searching for my dungeon, but, apparently, nothing could come in. So I’m alo- Oh wait, more characters. I approach one of them and poke him/her in the shoulder.

“What the hell happened”. I tried to formulate the question, but no words came out. I panicked, and flew around until I manage to calm a bit and notice I’m still just a hand.
I go back with the rest and, to check if I still mantain my powers, I cast a thunderbolt near the axing guy.

A loud impact is heard and, where there was some grass, now there’s a black spot, burning a little.

“Ok. At least I can still go all Zeus on everyone…”

Flag Post

[Realsirmark: For now, yes. Less so as the game characters start encroaching on the existence of the testers.]

Nathan

A voice near me startles me back out of staring at Brian. Someone…Sam, I think…is asking me what happened. “Well…based on what we heard from that blue nightmare that Darius is trying to eviscerate…” I pause to word it right. “The machine running the simulation is broken. We’re stuck on the wrong side of it. And we need to get out or some evil could befall us…she wasn’t very specific.” I glance around at the group again. A fair number of us are awake.

Flag Post

John G./Hand of Evil

“Are you serious!!!!!”

I would’ve shouted that if I could, but as I can’t, I punch the ground repeteadly out of anger. I stop as my knuckles start to hurt.

“Well… whatodo, whatodo…”

I poke the yellow fox on the should and, when he turns around, I start writing with my finger (On the ground), asking him what to do.

Flag Post

[Btw TTF, I called GotterakaThing Darius because he’s a character in LoL]

Sam
“Oh” I reply. “Is it just me or are our characters starting to merge with us?” I ask Nathan, trying to refrain from associating the people in our room with people from LoL. It didn’t work. Talon’s personality was different to what I had expected but then I didn’t think I would have to fight with him for control of my body. Suddenly one of the recently woken characters zaps the ground with lightning. I realize that he doesn’t fit with any character that I know of. I focus on him as much as I can to keep my sanity. This does work but I don’t think that it will last for long. “If someone asks me to kill another for money, I won’t be able to refuse” I think to myself, knowing that Talon is a ruthless killer.

Flag Post

(Fuck League of Legends.)
Erik
After killing the blue light…and narrowly avoiding getting killed by the thunderbolt, I realize that these heretics-Why do I keep calling them heretics? Oh well. Anyways, I walked away and looked around for an exit.

Flag Post

Jake
I look around and sigh. What a fine mess. A bunch of teenagers stuck in the bodies of video game characters, each with their own special powers. I overhear someone wonder if we’re merging with our characters. Are we? I start thinking about how the Battle Brawler acted in the game. He was protective of Leonidas, that’s one thing. When the others started claiming the Bakugan is evil, he stood up for him. That shows loyalty to his friends. And he never let anyone’s claims get him down. Trueness of heart? Something like that. I look at everyone, one at a time. I barely know these people. Everyone is a stranger to me, with our only shared trait being our love of video games. And yet, I feel something spark in me. I don’t know what it is, but I know it’s not me. I feel a struggling in my pocket, and Leonidas fly’s out. He looks around, then turns to me and asks, “BB, who are these people? And where are we? I thought we were about to Brawl with Masquerade?” I look at Leonidas, and I instantly know that I’ll always stand up for him, no matter what. Definitely not me. “Don’t worry Leonidas, they’re friends. But I’m not sure where we are.”

Flag Post

[His name could be Darius, far as Nathan knows. And something I want to emphasize: We have a long road to travel in the RP. Take your time with the game character takeovers.

Nathan

The hand…I forgot his name. But after getting my attention, he writes out a question, asking me what to do. “…what kind of leader am I?” But as I briefly think back over several games, I find instances where I – Tails – whatever, ran logistics and basically commanded a few different adventures on the field. “Well…maybe I am. Try to wake up the people who aren’t awake yet.”

Sam talks to me as well. “I think they are. I mostly have control of myself, but I’ve fallen prey a bit too.”

Everyone who’s awake seems to be milling around, doing their own things. But this clearing…the waterfalls seem to be obstructing any possible paths out. For that matter…is the water rising slightly? I can’t totally tell. I start walking around, watching the waterfalls. One looks different…and the water around here changes to orange all of a sudden. It’s definitely different.

Flag Post
Originally posted by xxxstoner420xxx:

dude can i play

[Wrong thread. Try the sign-up one.]

Flag Post

[Catching up]
Brian
I heard some words as I get up.
HEY! LISTEN! THE VIRTUAL REALITY MACHINE BROKE DOWN! BLAH BLAH BLAH TECHNICAL STUFF BLAH BLAH BLAH!”
“Sonic…”
“Hey, what do you think you’re doing? Put that away, we have a big issue in case you haven’t noticed.”
“Both of you calm down! The last thing we need is in-fighting!”
“What’s happened? Hey Darius, leave that blue thing alone.”
“Well…based on what we heard from that blue nightmare that Darius is trying to eviscerate… The machine running the simulation is broken. We’re stuck on the wrong side of it. And we need to get out or some evil could befall us…she wasn’t very specific.”

I picked up a couple of things from that conversation. First of all, the Virtual Reality machine is broken and we’re stuck here for now. Second of all, everyone thinks I’m a horrible nightmare and this ‘Darius’ person is trying to kill me. I get up off the ground and say “I’M NOT A BLUE NIGHTMARE!!!” Everyone stares at me. I look at a dead blue light on the ground and realize my mistake. “Oh…” I decide to walk over to Nathan, as he seems like the safest person to talk to.

As I look around, I see an armored cape guy who’s flashing blue lying on the ground. I see a group containing a green female-looking elf, a guy with giant armor (probably to hide obesity) and a large axe, a hot adventurer chick, an ugly beast, and another armored cape guy. There’s Nate (Tails the Fox) who is near a weird floating hand. There are others around like an armor guy with glasses, a goth chick, a cowboy guy, and another goth chick.

I ask Nathan “What’s going on?” while others are walking over to him and asking the exact same thing. Nate replies “The machine running the simulation is broken. We’re stuck on the wrong side of it. And we need to get out or some evil could befall us…she wasn’t very specific.” Someone mentions character merging, but I’m still perfectly fine. I stay around to see what other people have to say.

Flag Post

Erik
“Who the frak is Darius?” I asked.

Flag Post

Sam
“Sorry, I keep on mistaking you with someone from the game my character comes from” I reply to the questioner who I couldn’t remember the name of." I then turn to Sonic and say “Do you mind if I stay near you, I need something to concentrate on if Talon starts attacking me” I do this because I know that there is no way that Sonic would fit into LoL and if I can concentrate on something unrelated then I might just keep my mind.

Flag Post

Jake
I start looking around. Leonidas pops out and asks me, “What are you doing?” I turn to him. “I’m looking for a way out. As it stands, we’re stuck in a clearing with absolutely no way to get out.” I keep ‘get out’ vague because it doesn’t seem like he knows we’re not our actual characters. I really mean ‘escape the sim’. “If we can find a way out of the clearing, it’d at least be something to do instead of just waiting while everyone tries to kill each other.” I notice that one waterfall is off. Its water is orange, instead of blue. It seems Tails, or Nate, or whoever he is, has noticed it too. I walk over to him and tap him on the shoulder to get his attention. “Hey, got any clue what this thing means?” I gesture to the orange fall.

Flag Post

(Can we have a bump here?)

Flag Post

John G./Hand of Evil

“Why are those waterfalls orange?”

I aproach them but, when near them, I stop, then think a bit.

“Maybe I don’t have to check them”

After doing some complicated gestures, I summon an imp, then try to command it to get into the waterfall. The imp, being a cowardly being, starts shaking and slooooooowly aproaches the waterfall, but then turns around and runs away.

“C’MERE, YOU LITTLE BROWN SCUM!!”

I chase the imp, then grab it. I return to the waterfall, then throw the defenseless and scared-to-death imp inside the waterfall. The imp cries loudly out of terror, but still manages to reach the waterfall.

“Wait… Ah, forgot if they can swim or not…”

I look at the waterfall a little bit.

“Well, he will not be missed”

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator