[sign ups] The Island

14 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for the inevitable lock

Flag Post

Well it has been a while.

Welcome to my first game in a considerable amount of time (upon checking my last game closed at the end of February) and with any luck this one will make it to an actual ending point (since it is an RP it could become a series if it goes well).

Anyway this is an RP known as The Island until I come up with a better or catchier name (or one gets suggested to me) there are a few elements of a mafia in this including teams and voting, however those will not lead to death, most of the time.

Basically there are two groups each stuck on the island; they can work together or against each other. There are the natives to the island and there is a group of shipwrecked people. Each person who signs up needs to fill out the sign up form since this is an RP. The things you need to fill out are in bold, while there are a few things that are optional.

The game is set in modern times so bring normal weapons with you, and avoid guns.

Flag Post

Signs

(We need a minimum of 10 people, 5 on each team.)

Name:
Team:
Weapon: (Islanders get two and the Shipwrecked get one)
Supplies: (The Shipwrecked get two the Islanders get one)
Looks: (hair, face ETC)

1. Rosate
2. Xandrya
3. 2Cents

Name: Ros ‘Gypsy’ Davidson (Rosate)
Team: Shipwreched
Weapon: A large hunting knife that was sharpened extensively for utility use, such as cutting meat.
Supplies: A 5 foot, durable Nylon Cord, A 5×5 piece of sheet metal that Ros floated in on.
Looks: Ros has medium length, light brown hair, and wears a white T-shirt under a trench coat with cargo pants.
Backstory: Ros grew up in New York City with his grandmother. Being highly disturbed due to having no parents, Ros eventually fell in with gang violence. There he got his hunting knife. At the age of 17, a man in an alley approached Ros. He requested that Ros begin to work for him. The man was a drug dealer, and Ros worked for him for 2 years. Eventually the man used Ros as a pasty, and Ros was arrested.

When he got out of jail 6 years later, he was met by a man named Roald Donald, who offered him a job as a prep cook as part of a rehabilitation program. Ros accepted.

5 years later, at the age of 30, after Roald’s death a few weeks prior, and Ros was the proud owner of East Gresti Restaraunt and Lounge. Ros decided to expand his menu and business, and left his Sous-chef, Sarah Dublais, in charge, as he traveled the world.

It was on the boat leaving Italy that Ros was washed up on the island. Not having checked where the boat was going, Ros has no idea where they could be in relation to Italy or America.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Eva Carvalho (Xandrya)

Team: Islander

Weapon: Small pocket knife she’s kept ever since she found it on a dead tourist, and her spear specially designed for hunting.

Supplies: A lighter.

Looks: Eva’s half Brazilian and half Spanish, so her skin has that natural glowing tan without the help of the sun. Her black hair is mostly straight, give or take a few waves, and falls to her lower back. It is also fringed, making her look younger than she actually is. Despite the rest of her features, Eva’s eyes are a light green, but she’s nearsighted and can’t see from far. She stands at about 5’2, and weighs no more than 120 lbs. Eva often wears brown gladiator sandals, a dark-green mini skirt, and a white tank top

Backstory: Eva arrived on the island when she was ten. Her parents were on vacation, and she was dragged along since they couldn’t find a last-minute babysitter. Unfortunately, after only a few days of being there, a wild storm erupted out of nowhere in the middle of the night, taking countless lives, to include Eva’s parents as well. She was adopted by the natives of the island, and raised as one of them. Even though they were very loving towards the child, she was reluctant to warm up at first, but eventually became very loyal. She is a skilled fighter and is rather athletic, despite her small frame.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Mark Resh
Team: Shipwrecked
Weapon: A claw hammer.
Supplies: A cheap pack of matches that survived in a bag, and a small box(20) of large sized nails.
Looks: Mark has short black hair and a goatee, and is about 6’ 0" and skinny. Wears a plain white shirt and Jeans, along with a utility belt that lost most of its items.
Backstory: Mark was an average boy, although a bit on the skinny side. He grew up in Phoenix, Arizona, with his single mother after his dad passed away, shortly after Mark’s birth. Mark never really knew his father, and most of his memories came from pictures. Eventually, Mark graduated school with average grades and became a carpenter. But he felt as though he had come close to what he had wanted in live, yet was still so far. So Mark went to college and came out a mechanic.
He quickly realized this was his dream. He rose through the ranks quickly and landed himself a job on a boat. Tragedy struck when, 5 weeks after landing his job, one of the other mechanics forgot to do a major repair, resulting in the boats inevitable sinking. While the boat sank, he tried to help but nothing could happen. He woke up hours later on a beach, after clinging to a piece of wood from the ships deck.

Flag Post

The fact that my first game ever on Kong inspired over 20 spin-offs still bring a happy tear to my eye.
Not saying this is. This is different. But it reminds me.

Flag Post

I wouldn’t consider this a spinoff, I didn’t know your first game had a concept like this. hmm, learn something every day.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kingzak13:

I wouldn’t consider this a spinoff, I didn’t know your first game had a concept like this. hmm, learn something every day.

No, my first game was a RP named “The Island” that drew about 20 players, had me roll for the success of every major action, and survived for over 40 real- life days and about 50 pages before dying due to me leaving Kong. People in it liked it so much, they made a shit-ton of spinoffs. Like, a serious shit-ton.

Flag Post

I remember another survival RP, Create Your own Character. It was based on Survival in a new vigilantized Country bought in northern Canada. People got way more creative than I expected.

First game I made, First day I saw this forum. 10 pages. Win!

As thus…

Name: Ros ‘Gypsy’ Davidson
Team: Shipwreched
Weapon: A large hunting knife that was sharpened extensively for utility use, such as cutting meat.
Supplies: A 5 foot, durable Nylon Cord, A 5×5 piece of sheet metal that Ros floated in on.
Looks: Ros has medium length, light brown hair, and wears a white T-shirt under a trench coat with cargo pants.
Backstory: Ros grew up in New York City with his grandmother. Being highly disturbed due to having no parents, Ros eventually fell in with gang violence. There he got his hunting knife. At the age of 17, a man in an alley approached Ros. He requested that Ros begin to work for him. The man was a drug dealer, and Ros worked for him for 2 years. Eventually the man used Ros as a pasty, and Ros was arrested.

When he got out of jail 6 years later, he was met by a man named Roald Donald, who offered him a job as a prep cook as part of a rehabilitation program. Ros accepted.

5 years later, at the age of 30, after Roald’s death a few weeks prior, and Ros was the proud owner of East Gresti Restaraunt and Lounge. Ros decided to expand his menu and business, and left his Sous-chef, Sarah Dublais, in charge, as he traveled the world.

It was on the boat leaving Italy that Ros was washed up on the island. Not having checked where the boat was going, Ros has no idea where they could be in relation to Italy or America.

Flag Post

Name: Eva Carvalho

Team: Islander

Weapon: Small pocket knife she’s kept ever since she found it on a dead tourist, and her spear specially designed for hunting.

Supplies: A lighter.

Looks: Eva’s half Brazilian and half Spanish, so her skin has that natural glowing tan without the help of the sun. Her black hair is mostly straight, give or take a few waves, and falls to her lower back. It is also fringed, making her look younger than she actually is. Despite the rest of her features, Eva’s eyes are a light green, but she’s nearsighted and can’t see from far. She stands at about 5’2, and weighs no more than 120 lbs. Eva often wears brown gladiator sandals, a dark-green mini skirt, and a white tank top

Backstory: Eva arrived on the island when she was ten. Her parents were on vacation, and she was dragged along since they couldn’t find a last-minute babysitter. Unfortunately, after only a few days of being there, a wild storm erupted out of nowhere in the middle of the night, taking countless lives, to include Eva’s parents as well. She was adopted by the natives of the island, and raised as one of them. Even though they were very loving towards the child, she was reluctant to warm up at first, but eventually became very loyal. She is a skilled fighter and is rather athletic, despite her small frame.

Flag Post

Nice characters so far.

And since we are talking first games, my first was overly ambitious considering the amount of hate I had in the forums at the time and what I needed, I wanted 30 people to sign up.

Amazingly they did and I had 30 people.

the game then didn’t get past the first round since everyone just dicked about, and yet we reached 40 pages. EG 1000 posts on a thread. Back in the day that was the limit for games. I was amazed by it.

Your both in if you wondered.

Flag Post

I always just assume I’m in due to my usual base bio with additions as well as skill/item sets are generally accepted. :P

Flag Post

Yeah for the most part people will get in unless there is a massive deviation from the rules.
I just confirm as it is polite to do in my opinion.

Flag Post

Name: Mark Resh
Team: Shipwrecked
Weapon: A claw hammer.
Supplies: A cheap pack of matches that survived in a bag, and a small box(20) of large sized nails.
Looks: Mark has short black hair and a goatee, and is about 6’ 0" and skinny. Wears a plain white shirt and Jeans, along with a utility belt that lost most of its items.
Backstory: Mark was an average boy, although a bit on the skinny side. He grew up in Phoenix, Arizona, with his single mother after his dad passed away, shortly after Mark’s birth. Mark never really knew his father, and most of his memories came from pictures. Eventually, Mark graduated school with average grades and became a carpenter. But he felt as though he had come close to what he had wanted in live, yet was still so far. So Mark went to college and came out a mechanic.
He quickly realized this was his dream. He rose through the ranks quickly and landed himself a job on a boat. Tragedy struck when, 5 weeks after landing his job, one of the other mechanics forgot to do a major repair, resulting in the boats inevitable sinking. While the boat sank, he tried to help but nothing could happen. He woke up hours later on a beach, after clinging to a piece of wood from the ships deck.

Flag Post

Your in.

(this is basically a bump in disguise)

Flag Post

Why does it seem that as soon as the weekend starts my game is automatically ignored by everyone