Darkspell (Game Thread) page 19

472 posts

Flag Post

Gerald Dublai
“Well I’ll be damned. Well then, we’ll be traveling to Daverhaven. I assume you know the place. Are you ready?”

 
Flag Post

Beth

“Of course. Is it far? If so, I could cover transportation. My hair can do plenty of things for people.”

I let it heat up again and become a redhead…my normal color when magic flows through it.

 
Flag Post

My hair can do plenty of things for people.

[Do I even need to say what I’m thinking?]

Eric Neros

“So that’s it, eh?” I muse my thoughts aloud. These, and more. I’m in awfully high demand now, aren’t I? Making fireworks for some thug operation… Well, sure, why not? I’m sure people think I’m a thug too, anyway. Or at least a weirdo.

Well, I have things to be focusing on, so I could care less for public opinion of me.

But I wonder if it wouldn’t be simpler just to continue with life as it is now, instead of making the fireworks this guy wants. But if nothing else, I suppose it’s a chance to experiment with what I can do. The properties of using light magic for these fireworks are obvious; I can make it pretty bright. If I knew a bit of healing magic, I wonder if it’d be possible to make something like a ‘healsplosion’… Though, that obviously wouldn’t be much of a firework, so let’s leave that aside. It also seems technically complicated, especially since I have no clue about healing people. I could ask Elise, but what she says would likely go over my head.

Fire magic is likely just going to lead to bigger explosions. I don’t want to go down that route.

Then I guess I might try using a kind of magic I don’t presently know. Azalea makes things with all sorts of magic-she’s not actually very adept at using any, she just knows a lot about manufacturing things with her magic. And improving things. Though I’ve got to say, I wouldn’t expect her to actually use half the weaponry she makes… I guess it’s just for intellectual curiosity. Although what I’m doing is a lot simpler than what she does, I’m not sure this is her field. Plus I guess I don’t want to embarrass myself in front of her.

I’m not sure if I could ask Heather-she knows a lot, but she’ll probably sarcasm me away, especially if I don’t actually tell her what it’s for.

I guess Air magic could be an option… Though I hear shockwaves cause internal damage, so that’s a bad idea. Sound? Probably, but destroying eardrums with it… I wonder if that’s overkill.

Maybe Dark. You could make a nice dark cloud with darkness. He mentioned smoke, after all. A nice dark cloud, maybe.

I get back to my stall. After some rummaging around, I find a bunch of yellow coloured rockets, a few red and a black. Nothing like colour-coding these, though I wonder why I have a black one in the first place. These things are supposed to be festive, but… I probably just couldn’t find other plastic.

I set to work making bright fireworks, though I only keep a few of the regular ones. Don’t want to hurt anyone, after all. After that’s done, I set about trying to focus Dark magic into the black plastic firework. I want to obscure things, to make people unable to see…

… It’s harder than I thought.

 
Flag Post

[Sorry for not posting for so long. Blame heavy schoolwork and depression for that.]

Xander Whitemoore

You seriously aren’t going to let him go if he helps us, right? I ask Darcia with a frown.

I did say maybe I’ll consider forgiving him, didn’t I? She replies innocently.

…so she’s going to toss him aside once he stops being useful. Heh. But that gets me thinking… How can I be sure that she won’t do the same to me? How can I be sure that she’ll actually resurrect Lucia as she promised?

But then again… As we’ve agreed just before making our Pact, I don’t really have much of a choice… Like Obscuro here right now. Sigh.

“Your attitude leaves something to be desired, Mr. Obscuro,” Darcia says with a very obviously fake regretful sigh. Then she telepathically drills into his mind so hard that it must’ve hurt. You’ve lived for quite some time, haven’t you? You must have heard of plenty of rumors, stories… Tell me everything you know about the Cult of Phaeus, Malakai Aeon Obscuro.



Christopher Thunderblade

Christopher and Rosalyn share a look, and suppress the urge to sigh.

“For starters…” Christopher thinks for a brief moment. “Konrad Engels. I admit, we don’t have much information on this guy, so I hope you have something more helpful. And…” He conjures a psychic hologram of the woman he and Rosalyn had fought yesterday. “We don’t have any information on this woman. You?”

 
Flag Post

Zale Desen
Bah. Nothing to do, no leads on the serial killer…
And then a crack of noise and a burst of light from above an alleyway. The light is not so visible in the daylight, but both are noticeable enough to draw my attention. Heading over silently, I catch the rear end of a conversation between the two people: ‘…my associates out of a bind. Maybe make some with more smoke and mirrors. Literally, if it strikes your fancy.’ Shortly, a more constant light vanishes, now noticeable by its absence, and I overhear a location and time, followed by the words ‘And bring some normal fireworks too.’ This… this strikes me as odd. I mean, sure, it’s a festival season, but why would he need more fireworks when there are likely going to be plenty blasting around this evening? And who are “his associates”, and what “bind” might he be referring to? This warrants further investigation… but the two people making the deal are going in separate directions! And they’re both going into a crowd, too! Auuugh, why must I always be laden with such difficult choices… alright, based on his shifty demeanour, I think I should go follow the buyer of the fireworks. Like as not, the seller would probably just be in it for the money, and not have any real interest in whatever the buyer is doing. Catching a glimpse of the two heads entering the crowd, I begin following after the one who looks more suspicious in my mind – which, for whatever reason, ends up being the one who doesn’t look like a shut-in; anyone can look shifty, but it takes effort to mislead – and, soon enough, he ends up in conversation, unheard from the distance I am following, with a random blonde woman, who from this distance seems to be moderately familiar… for some odd reason…
…did he just trip her? I’m sure I saw something pop into existence just in front of her feet. He catches her, making it look like she hit her head on the ground- or maybe she did, I can’t tell with the crowd in the way. After announcing her unconscious state, he drags her towards and behind a nearby clutch of trees, yeah that absolutely isn’t creepy in any way, and I begin sneaking up on the clutch of trees, hidden by their trunks and branches, again catching the latter end of a conversation:
‘…then we’ll be travelling to Daverhaven. I assume you know the place. Are you ready?’
‘Of course. Is it far? If so, I could cover transportation. My hair can do plenty of things for people.’
…what the hell? Is this guy running a prostitution ring or something, and… yes, I’m sure I recognise the woman’s voice. It’s the same jobless terrorist assistant from last night! What’s she up to now, I wonder? I stay quiet, continuing to listen for the time being.



Aebasai Nilu
The grandmaster thinks to himself for a moment.
‘I assume you’re both aware that Konrad is a lich, seeing as how you, Christopher, called me in to help out. Otherwise, I’m not sure I can help. For all we know, Engels has been dead for hundreds of years before reviving, which would understandably leave him out of the loop for a while, and as for the woman, she’s drawn a complete blank on our information banks. The Order is adding her to said databanks as we speak, actually; if you happened to catch her name, it’d be a good starting point, at least in my opinion.’

 
Flag Post

Gerald Dublai
I decline the woman’s offer for transportation, opting to walk alongside her.
“Well then, let me tell you the plan. First, we’re going to be throwing a celebration in Daverhaven. The impoverished people don’t usually get much fun, and they’re too busy working on things to really get out. Even if they could, we don’t exactly have much running water to go around, if you know what I mean. The only water mage works customs for shipping, and he has a lot of practical uses for his energy at the docks.”

I look around for a minute. I notice some people, most notably two Enforcers guarding a store front, and one of those Paladins. Nothing suspicious… yet.

“I grew up in those slums, and was recruited into the White Task Force. I’ve got some people working with me to improve conditions. When we get there, you’ll meet Veronica my… partner, I guess.”

I look around again. The paladin seems to be near us still.
“Actually, you can’t tell anybody this, but…”
I lean in close to the girl, so nobody else can hear us.
“Paladin behind us. does he look familiar? Try to make it look like you’re looking elsewhere. Now, when I pull away, act like I said something surprising. But happy, ok?”

The woman follows my instruction of looking shocked (I’m assuming you would, correct?).
“Yeah. I know I just met you, but can you help me?”

 
Flag Post

[I’m assuming nobody strongly interacted with me while I was taking a rest from Darkspell.]
[Please nobody read this. I don’t know what I was thinking.]
[Also, I have forgotten everything about Darkspell, just so you know.]
Draco Mauvais

My wife finally comes home, and tells me about the long day she had, and all the trouble she went through. I comfort her, blah blah blah. Then I fall back asleep. I wake up from my long nap to find myself trapped in a cage. I try to bend the bars, but the metal is too strong. I see a shadowy figure in the corner. “Who are you? Where am I? What happened to my wife? What do you want with me?” I go through all these questions as I pass a state of confusion.

The man’s perfect white smile glows in the dark. He smirks, and then answers, “Are you talking to me? Well, you can call me Vlad Emmirt. You’re here in my secret lair, also known as a basement. As for your wife, she probably left the house before I got to you. What I want with you, well, I’ll tell you. You see, I’ve been noticing your behavior once you entered this town. You cause such mischief and chaos. I would like you to join my little group, the Chaos Feeders. We’re nothing big, we haven’t done much yet. Our main goal is to cause chaos everywhere. As a bonus for joining, you get some new stylish black robes. How about it? Also, there is a small penalty for declining, which is death.”

Five men in black robes emerge from the darkness. Vlad introduces me to them. They are: Snake, Viper, King Cobra, Shadow Serpent, and Black Dragon. Black Dragon, a gigantic muscular hulk, cracks his knuckles. What do I do? Considering I am trapped in a cage, I have no choice but to accept. “You made a wise decision,” Vlad announced. Then the cage somehow disappears. I grab the black robes that he hands to me. He allows me to go back home, but I will have to return later, or I will pay the ultimate price.

As I leave the building and conjure up my vehicle of clouds, I think about what just happened. I don’t want to cause chaos and destruction. I just want a normal life and a normal job. I don’t want to be threatened by a powerful man who kills me unless I get into really big trouble, which will most likely get me killed by the “protectors” of this town, which I can’t remember their name at the moment. I return home, get back in bed, and realize something big. I have to face Vlad. But how? I grab my weapons, and leave the house. I wander around the neighborhood, looking for a place to train.



[The perspective of Vlad Emmirt, who you might think is a stalker.]
Vlad Emmirt

There he is. Draco Mauvais I think is his name. I better go give him a warm welcome. There he lives. I’ll go talk with him in the morning. For now, I need some rest. I better prepare the unbendable metal cage. After I wake up, I travel over to Draco’s humble abode. He’s sleeping. I grab his body, and bring it over to my lair. Then I trap him inside the metal cage. I sit back in a nearby chair, and relax.

After a while, he finally wakes up, looking confused. He asks me all these questions, like who am I and what do I want with him. I grin and reply, "Are you talking to me? Well, you can call me Vlad Emmirt. You’re here in my secret lair, "I pause for a quick second, and state the obvious, “also known as a basement. As for your wife, she probably left the house before I got to you. What I want with you, well, I’ll tell you. You see, I’ve been noticing your behavior once you entered this town. You cause such mischief and chaos. I would like you to join my little group, the Chaos Feeders. We’re nothing big, we haven’t done much yet. Our main goal is to cause chaos everywhere. As a bonus for joining, you get some new stylish black robes. How about it? Also, there is a small penalty for declining, which is death.”

I summon my five henchmen, Snake, Viper, King Cobra, Shadow Serpent, and Black Dragon. Draco appears to be processing the situation, and finally answers, “Yes.” He doesn’t know what he just got into. “You made a wise decision,” I say to him. I make the cage disappear. I hand him his robes and tell him that he can leave, but he has to return, or he will suffer. That is a guarantee.

He leaves and goes back home. I watch his house, and he eventually leaves with powerful-looking weapons, one of which is a sword. “Well, men. I think it’s time to revive the Cursed Blade of the Ancients.” I continue to watch over Draco, knowing what lies ahead. It had happened before, with a man known as Lucian Mauvais, but he had been taken care of. I turn around and stare at the golden statue of a man. The inscription read, “Lucian Mauvais, the traitor.”

 
Flag Post

Beth

As I listen in on the plan, I look elsewhere, a bit surprised. I raise an eyebrow and play my part.

“That sounds pretty intriguing, however, people would get the wrong idea based on your last sentence. I think some food is in order. Let’s find a decent establishment, sit, talk, maybe make some money from some of the patrons. My specialty is card games…since I only have one deck, it will have to be either blackjack or some good ol’ 5-card poker. with limited contestants.”

 
Flag Post

Gerald Dublai
“We can do that,” I say under my breath, “or I can do a play involving you knowing plant magic. Which one would you prefer?”

 
Flag Post

Beth

“Whichever is more lucrative, I guess. I don’t know plant magic though. To get a play going, we kind of need an open stage, don’t we?”

 
Flag Post

Gerald Dublai
“Different use of the word play there. You won’t actually have to do plant magic, just pretend that you can. Or, of course, poker’s still an option. Choose quickly, the next intersection is where we’d turn off to do my plan.”

 
Flag Post

Beth

“Alright. We can eat later. You can use light magic, right? Think you could bend light enough to where my hair could possess more nature-based colors? I could actually do something if you can. Here…”

Some strands of my hair weave together to form a trio of flowers; an azalea, a tiger lily and a sunflower.

“…show me what you can do.”

 
Flag Post

Ecovacotius Phusavor

Seeing as the protest went bust after the tree murdered a bunch of people and the person causing this hasn’t shown, I leave Yuvil plaza, however I will not admit defeat. Tonight when Yuvil leaves work and heads to his grey dusty complex where he lives I will protest outside his house solo. I leave out into a crowd after harvesting genetically modified food from the plant. I eat some, being hungry and all. I decide against going back to the festival or Daverhaven. Instead I head to Yuvil tower to have some fun.

 
Flag Post

Gerald Dublai
The girl hands be three flowers made of hair. They’re her natural hair color, and she asks me about changing colors with light waves.

I use light magic, and she begins to see the stems become green. Soon the three flower heads begin alternate between yellow, blue, and red respectively.

“The amazing part? Although I know exactly what I’m doing to the flowers, nobody else can see the color changes. I’m changing the light waves that are entering your eyes. Interesting enough, I’ve heard Psychic mages can do the same by changing how the mind interprets the actual light waves. If two sufficiently powerful mages, one of each type, were to work together- we’re turning left up ahead- then they could potentially drive a man insane, or make him seem insane. It’s fascinating.”

 
Flag Post

Beth

“It’s an impressive sight to see. I, myself am a fire mage. My magic allows me to produce natural light and pure heat. Now, in addition to my hair being able to do what you just saw, I can also use it for combat.”

My hair weaves itself into a sword from the left pigtail and a mace from the right.

“Or, if these kinds of weapons won’t do it…”

The sword and mace undo themselves, reweaving the strands into several snakes.

“Look at me…I’m Medusa, queen of the Gorgons.”

 
Flag Post

Zale Desen
At first, I’m somewhat convinced that the guy I’m tracking saw me. Over time, though, I stop being so on edge about it, and begin edging towards them as they walk. They’re talking under their respective breaths at first, but as I move closer (“closer” being relative, since we’re both moving), they seem to become less cautious as well, returning to a more normal volume for their speech. Starting from when I first catch their speech (at which point I don’t advance on them any further, me being paranoid about him and all), they begin discussing a play of some form, involving the magic that the woman – who, by now, I’m 100% convinced is the same one from last night, hair manipulation and all – eventually moving to their respective disciplines. The guy is apparently a light mage, whilst the woman has some degree of fire magic under her belt. Bah, this isn’t helping my case for his being suspicious… unless the play is a lure for something or someone? Gah, I need more information than that. Come on, keep talking, keep talking, let it all flow out of your head and into my ears…

 
Flag Post

Ecovacotius Phusavor

I grab seeds out my pocket and start randomly growing the plants. These came from the GM fruits so they are GM seeds. A voice down the microphone shouts.
CODE GREEN”. This is repeated until I hear the ding of a lift shortly followed by a second. Both the lifts on either side of the lobby contained two security guards wielding flamethrowers. I cast my plant companion to show up even more powerful than before. I uses it’s thorn vines to pull the flamethrowers to point away from the plants being grown.
UNIT ONE HAS RUN INTO TROUBLE, SEND ENFORCERS, CODE GREEN” The announcement system sound again. Shortly after the doors to the stairwell open and Security specifically designed to combat people come out. As least six guys. The plants are getting impossibly big now and have already penetrated the concrete with their roots. Rapidly I use a burst of plant magic to cut off the security teams direct root to me via Tree branches. I turn my attention to the struggling flamethrowers. I begin fuelling my plant companion and make it grow. It manages to yank the flamethrowers away from the security guards.

By now the plants are the size of trees. I pile up the flamethrowers. I grow a trees roots so the arc back out of the ground and cage the weapons. The ground lobby basically looks like a forest.
“Security teams do not worry, some Enforcers have been called, please try to detain this vandal” The announcement systems sounded. The teams have managed to climb over the walls of tree. I look around.

(If this is a kind of situation Enforcers don’t deal with then I will edit my post.)

 
Flag Post

[Can anyone tell me what the fuck happened while I was offline please? Don’t feel like reading another 10 or so pages after reading 6 pages of Dungeon Dweller,]

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by BLOODYRAIN10001:

[Can anyone tell me what the fuck happened while I was offline please? Don’t feel like reading another 10 or so pages after reading 6 pages of Dungeon Dweller,]

[Ros can do it. To be frank, this game isn’t going anywhere until he makes another post, regardless. HINT HINT, ROSATE.]

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:
Originally posted by BLOODYRAIN10001:

[Can anyone tell me what the fuck happened while I was offline please? Don’t feel like reading another 10 or so pages after reading 6 pages of Dungeon Dweller,]

[Ros can do it. To be frank, this game isn’t going anywhere until he makes another post, regardless. HINT HINT, ROSATE.]

[HINT HINT]

 
Flag Post

[Character post (No matter how shit my skills as a writer are) ahead]

Ecovacotius Phusavor

The security team charges forth at me. Quickly I cast my wall of leaves. All attacks are deflected. I turn around to head to the exit but before I can Enforcers open the door and run in.
“Okay then” I say. The leaf shield falls and returns to the massive plants. I look down and notice the floor is metal. I look up and see an oversized fruit.
“We have you surrounded, turn yourself in” one Enforcer says. I manipulate the metal around me I create a slightly upraised platform carefully balanced on a pivot. The fruit on the tree drops at the snap of my fingers. The fruit lands perfectly on the other end of the platform launching me up into the plants.

I scramble through the branches.
“Okay open fire” I hear from below. I begin spreading vines down the plant and grab one. I swing as a flurry of bullets hit where I was. I grab onto a branch and return to the canopy. I scramble up to where it meets the ceiling. As quietly as I can I begin to make my way to an edge to escape though a window.

 
Flag Post

[I may have forgotten that I was participing in this game. Thanks, Knoob, for reminding me. Sorry everyone, I just got carried away by Dungeon Dweller]

Malakai A. Obscuro

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, keep up with the fa-ARRRGHHH

And then she starts using telepathic comunication. Roughly. What’s up with these two?

“Tell me everything you know about the Cult of Phaeus, Malakai Aeon Obscuro”
“Blargh! What the hell are you? And what do you want with those idiots?”

And then she telepathically shocks me again

ARRGH! Okay! Don’t know much. One of my deaths has been done due to an assasin of theirs. Tell you what. What if I just show you what I remember? I ignore what they do, but you may know what all this stuff means”

I send a torrent of memories via telepathy, all of them related to that death and how I stumbled with them.