Malevolent(A Text Adventure) (locked)

96 posts

Flag Post

You are a young spirit-hunter, and you kill demons and evil spirits. You are a rising star amongst the spirit-hunters. One day, you are approached by the King’s spiritual adviser, Bonaparte.

BONAPARTE: Hey there! I’m afraid the Kingdom needs your help. An evil magician set free five malevolent spirits a few days ago, and they are running amok! They escaped into the realm of fairy tales before we could capture them, and now we fear they might be corrupting the fairy tales themselves! Please, help us hunt down the spirits in the stories and kill them!

Bonaparte thinks for a moment.

BONAPARTE:Oh, yes, and one more thing. I have been told that the spirits cannot exist as, well, evil spirits in the fairy tales. They have to possess a character in the story they’re in. They will probably try to blend in as normal characters, so it’s up to you to figure out which character is the host of the spirit and kill it.

You nod grimly and open up a portal to Fairyland, the place where all stories reside. Bonaparte gives you a series of magical coordinates so you know where to open the portal to.

BONAPARTE:One of them was last seen in the Three Little Pigs. I suggest you start there. Good luck!

Flag Post

A Small Forest Clearing
You stand in a lush meadow. Birds chirp happily. Off in the distance, a rooster crows. Sunlight streams brightly into the grass. You feel warm and happy…

To the EAST is a trail, leading to another clearing. You can see some yellow stuff there. You have your SPIRITBANE SWORD, [Desperakhius], and a RUNECARVING KNIFE to inscribe wards that keep spirits away.

Flag Post

I go to the EAST and inspect the yellow stuff.

Flag Post

The Ruins of a Straw House
The yellow stuff appears to be straw. Furniture is scattered haphazardly across the straw, almost as if the straw had been used to build a house, which then collapsed.

There is an armchair in the very center of the straw-pile. It is green, and soft, and comfortable. There is an open book with a strange symbol on the front and more runes inscribed in its pages lying on the armrest. In the armchair is a pig, sitting upright. His head has been sheared off and is lying on the table beside him. Blood spatters the armchair. One hoof is holding the pages of the book down. The eyes of his head are gouged out, and bloody gashes cover what used to be his face.

To the WEST is a lush meadow. To the EAST goes deeper into the forest.

Flag Post

I go to the WEST where the luscious meadowness is.

Flag Post

A Small Forest Clearing

NOTE:The reason why I didn’t describe it again is because I’ve already described it once, so I’ll just put its name there.

Flag Post

lol fail pig.

Go back east.

Flag Post

I’m not going into that hellish forest.

Flag Post

>look at SPIRITBANE SWORD

Flag Post

Go to the east.

Flag Post

You inspect your SPIRITBANE SWORD. It’s long and thin, well-made and well-balanced. It was made with Spiritbane, a metal that is like acid to ghosts. If they touch it, they immediately suffer a huge amount of pain. The hilt has a simple brown cloth wrapped around it to pad your hand. There is nothing separating the blade and hilt but a single thin line; best be careful around this weapon. You slide it back into its humble iron scabbard. Your SPIRITBANE SWORD was forged by you back when you first took up spirit-hunting, and you named it .

Hint:You can go back to a room you have already explored by typing,“runto ”. For example, if you wanted to get to a faraway room called “In Front of a House” but don’t want to walk all the way, you can use the command,“runto In Front of a House”.

Flag Post

>take BOOK

Flag Post

You take a RUNE BOOK. You try to close the book, but can’t. Then, you remember what you learnt about rune books:

Rune Books are forever bound to their owner. No mortal may open, close, or change the page of any Rune Book without the permission of the owner. If the owner dies, that Rune Book is frozen in that state forever.

It’s a little bulky, since it’s stuck in an open position, but you manage to fit it into your deep pockets.

Flag Post

Yummy bacon.
I guess I have to…
Go EAST deeper into the hellish forest

Flag Post

A Fork in the Forest
You are standing in a place where the dirt trail forks into two. It’s a T-junction; the way ahead is blocked by thick brush and there’s not much of interest there. A small wooden sign is hammered into the ground. It reads:

North:Manor of the Wolf
South:Twig and Brick Houses
West:Straw House

You may go WEST to the ruins of a straw house or SOUTH towards two small houses. To the NORTH is a thick canopy of thorns and vines that block your path. You swing at them a few times with your sword, but every time you cut off a vine five more regrow.

Flag Post

Let’s go SOUTH to the twig and brick houses.

Flag Post

>look at OPEN PAGE

>go SOUTH

Flag Post

House of Twigs
A house stands here, constructed entirely of short, stripped branches. The door hangs open invitingly. It’s dark inside; very dark. So dark you feel a chill run down your spine and an instinctive repulsion from the house. To the NORTH is a Fork in the Forest, while to the SOUTH is a sturdy brick house.

You look at the pages of the rune book. Here is what they say:

Dispel Blocking Enchantment
Runes Fidel, Grayan, Zephyr, Qelm, Arkensir(in that order)
Removes any basic enchantment designed to redirect or keep mortals away. Will not work against spells specifically designed to repel magic. Inscribe the runes on a scroll, object or surface.

and:

Close Portal(Physical)
Runes Deifey, Fidel, Talismar, Vorbisalen, Baenest(in that order)
Locks a physical portal, such as a gate or door. This spell cannot be dispelled by Dispel Blocking Enchantment; however, it can be dispelled by its specific reverse-spell. The inscriber of the spell can interact with the portal as usual. To allow others to pass through the portal, place a hand on them, picture their name in your mind(as described in “Imagery”) and say,“Das Invaewets”.

Flag Post

>enter HOUSE OF TWIGS

Flag Post

In the Front Room of a House of Twigs
It’s dark, and damp. Furniture lies scattered around the floor. To the EAST is another room; a kitchen, from the looks of it. A nervous squeak comes from the kitchen.

“Stop there! What-what are you doing here?”

Remember, to exit the house, you have to stand in the front room and type “exit house”.

Flag Post

>go EAST

Flag Post

It’s one of the pigs. It’s gonna be one of them. Not the straw one, though.

Flag Post

(I go EAST)

Flag Post

That pig will be me.

Flag Post

In the Kitchen of a House of Twigs
A nervous looking pig stands here, brandishing a knife at you shakily.

“You’re the killer, aren’t you? You’re the bloody maniac who butchered my brother! Damn it, I told him to beware of the wolf but…”

To the WEST is the front room of a house of twigs. Remember that you can type EXIT HOUSE to exit the house at any time.