[Finished] [Resistance] The Philadelphia Experiment -- Epilogue: Blue page 5 (locked)

266 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Behemoth542:

Ok. I suggest RNG pick 2 or 3 of the participants, while using the rest of Mission 1.

Why?
How does this work?

Flag Post

As I’m getting to know Myhome now on these games of resistances. Racebandits and Pulsaris games if you don’t believe me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

Ok. I suggest RNG pick 2 or 3 of the participants, while using the rest of Mission 1.

Why?
How does this work?

You must suggest a team to do the mission 2 which goes in this format. I’ll quote RIM for this one

Originally posted by REALinsanemonkey:

May as well propose now.

Captain: REALinsanemonkey
On deck: myhome16
Current mission: 1
Team Member 1: REALinsanemonkey
Team Member 2: yiu113
Team Member 3: Kadleon

Seeing as there isn’t really evidence, being the first round, I’ve just RNG’d it (except for myself – I trust myself).

Something to note is that the captain is not a default member on the team by rules. People put themselves on in the missions basically because you know your role, so it’s always benefical having yourself in that mission

The team then goes in a voting phase, where everyone says if they accept it or not. The captain vote is an “Accept” by default, but it may be changed. The team cannot be changed, and the only way to propose other team is to reject the current proposal.

However, there’s a limit in proposals, and if a mission is rejected X times, the mission will be considered a fail and will be a point for the spies (Something that the Resistance tries to avoid unless they don’t want to win)

If the mission is accepted, then everyone in the team must send an Pass/Fail PM to the GM, in this case Bluji. This is postly an activity check, as Resistence members can only send “Pass”, but Spies can choose if the missions fails or not. If a mission fails, it’s a point for spies. If it doesn’t, is a point for resistance.

Why I said it is mainly because Mission 1 is always a pass, unless the spies in that mission’s team are plain stupid. So I suggest having all the people, or at least the half, RNG’ed.

Flag Post

Actually, Behemoth, you’re mistaken. If a mission is rejected ‘X’ times, then the spies automatically win.

Other than that, you’re 100% right with what you’re sayong.

Flag Post

Why?
How does this work?

You must suggest a team to do the mission 2 which goes in this format. I’ll quote RIM for this one

Originally posted by REALinsanemonkey:

May as well propose now.

Captain: REALinsanemonkey
On deck: myhome16

Seeing as there isn’t really evidence, being the first round, I’ve just RNG’d it (except for myself – I trust myself).

Something to note is that the captain is not a default member on the team by rules. People put themselves on in the missions basically because you know your role, so it’s always benefical having yourself in that mission

The team then goes in a voting phase, where everyone says if they accept it or not. The captain vote is an “Accept” by default, but it may be changed. The team cannot be changed, and the only way to propose other team is to reject the current proposal.

However, there’s a limit in proposals, and if a mission is rejected X times, the mission will be considered a fail and will be a point for the spies (Something that the Resistance tries to avoid unless they don’t want to win)

If the mission is accepted, then everyone in the team must send an Pass/Fail PM to the GM, in this case Bluji. This is postly an activity check, as Resistence members can only send “Pass”, but Spies can choose if the missions fails or not. If a mission fails, it’s a point for spies. If it doesn’t, is a point for resistance.

Why I said it is mainly because Mission 1 is always a pass, unless the spies in that mission’s team are plain stupid. So I suggest having all the people, or at least the half, RNG’ed.

You have mis-interpreted my question.

I was asking why I should choose new people. Why would I use new people in the team if the M1 team passed.
I know that there is likely to be an undercover spie on the mission, but any other mission I propose is going to be just as likely to have a spie, if not more.

Flag Post

EBWOP:

M1 doesn’t always pass. In fact, the more I play, the more convinced I am that in games with 3 or 4 spies, failing M1 is beneficial.
The fact that it has always passed does not mean that it will always pass.

Flag Post

Well, how can you prove that everyone in M1 is a resistance? One of them may be a spy that has passed the mission. Following the logic I had on my first resistance (in which I was a spy), the spy, when on a second mission, will not let the oportunity pass and will make the mission fail, more than nothing because people will trust him because he was on a mission which passed.

Flag Post

Well, how can you prove that everyone in M1 is a resistance? One of them may be a spy that has passed the mission. Following the logic I had on my first resistance (in which I was a spy), the spy, when on a second mission, will not let the oportunity pass and will make the mission fail, more than nothing because people will trust him because he was on a mission which passed.

I can’t prove that there was not one.
You cannot prove that there was one.

However, The fact that it passed is an indicator that there is a slightly less likelihood that there is a spie, no?

Are the chances not better than if I were to pick randomly?

Flag Post

Captain: Myhome16
On deck: pigjr1
Team Member 4: Myhome16

No discussion leads to my mission being my idea.

Flag Post

Mission 2: Proposal 1 Vote

So, we have a mission proposal up once again. Let’s get this over with…

Captain: Myhome16
On deck: pigjr1
Team Member 4: Myhome16

Despite he’s suggesting for the wrong mission, I’ll let it pass.

DL: 10/11, 4 PM, UTC+3. 6 votes for Accept to continue off into the Mission Phase.

Flag Post

[I accept the proposal]

Flag Post

[I accept the proposal]

Flag Post

[I accept the proposal]

Flag Post

[I accept the proposal]

Flag Post

[I accept the proposal]

Flag Post

[I accept the proposal]

Flag Post

[I accept the proposal]

Will read up on stuff later.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kadleon:

[I accept the proposal]

Will read up on stuff later.

I am dissapoint in you, Kad.
You should be up to the task of reading.
Anyways, [I accept the proposal].
The amount of accepting people is surprising.

Flag Post

Yeah, I’m very very sorry I’ve forgotten about this game.

Mission 2: Proposal 1 [ACCEPTED]

Accept: 8 (Behemoth542, REALinsanemonkey, yiu113, djrockstar, Pigjr1, sebba, Kadleon, myhome16)
Decline: 0
DNV: 2 (sarothat410, walfordking)

Now, what are you gonna do, RIM, yiu, Kad and myhome? Enter the next room.

The party of four enters the new room and notices another maze.

Get through it and the Resistance gains.

REALinsanemonkey, yiu113, Kadleon and myhome16: Send in your actions for mission 2 by 10/15, 2 PM, UTC+3.

Flag Post

Remember that the chance of a spy being on this mission is pretty high. M1 didn’t really provide any evidence, so instead we’ll just go into pure odds.

The first member of the party has a 40% chance to be a spy.

The second member of the party has a 44% chance to be a spy if the first is not.

The third has a 50% chance to be a spy if neither the first nor the second were spies.

The fourth has a 57% chance of being a spy if none of the previous are.

This means it’s likely that we have one spy on this mission. Now, what about two spies? The chance of that is, obviously, going to be much less. We’ll assume the second member of the team was a spy for this one, because typing doing all of the math here would be a bit too long of a post for containing not very much.

The third member, assuming the first was resistance and the second was spy, has a 37.5% chance of being a spy, while the fourth has a 42.8% chance, if the third is not.

Thus, it is unlikely that two members of the mission are spies. If there was, it would be interesting to see whether or not they would both send in success, failure, or one of each. That said, let’s hope this mission goes well, and hope for that small chance that either there isn’t a spy on this mission, or that there are two and both send in success.

Flag Post

These are what I got, perhaps I’m a math failure though.
Out of the 5040 possibilities, and not taking into account the fact that I’m resistance:
There’s a 7.1% chance that there were no spies on this mission. (360 out of 5040)
There’s a 38.0% chance there was one spy on this mission. (1920 out of 5040)
There’s a 42.9% chance there were two spies on it. (2160 out of 5040)
There’s a 11.4% chance there were three spies on it. (576 out of 5040)
There’s a 0.5% chance there were four spies on it. (24 out of 5040)
So most likely we have 1 or 2 spies on it, with a slightly higher chance of two spies.

Flag Post

However, I am resistance and for any other resistance out there NOT on the mission, this rings true:
Out of 3024 possibilities:
0 Spies: 4.0% (120 out of 3024)
1 Spy: 31.7% (960 out of 3024)
2 Spies: 47.6% (1440 out of 3024)
3 Spies: 15.9% (480 out of 3024)
4 Spies: 0.8% (24 out of 3024)
Yeah… those odds don’t look nice.

Flag Post

Gah! Sorry I missed that vote. I would have accepted it anyways, because we really don’t have a whole lot to go off of. There wouldn’t have been any other mission that would have pleased me more or less. Again, let’s hope the odds are nice to us, because if there’s a spy on this mission, they almost certainly won’t let it pass.

Flag Post

Alright, between the myhome16/Behemoth542 argument, I believe both were correct in their own ways, but imo, I think myhome16’s idea was better just because he’s basing it off the information we have, and that imo, is a towntell. While Behemoth542 also raises a valid point, perhaps he was trying to change the mission because he knew their was no spy on the mission. I won’t base any suspicion off baseless possibilities, though.

[sarothat410]

There wouldn’t have been any other mission that would have pleased me more or less

What do you think of Behemoth542’s proposed mission-type?

they almost certainly won’t let it pass.

Could you explain the reasoning after this statement? Seems like you’re signalling a possible spy on the mission to send fail, imo.

Flag Post

Mission 2 Results

The results are always ordered so that any fails are mentioned at the end of the action list.

Actions: Pass, Pass, Pass, FAIL!

Oh dear, one of my bots apparently got in… hehehe. Good luck trying to catch it.

Voting Phase 2

You now have time until 10/17, 2 PM, UTC+3 to possible vote out someone. If nine of you vote the same person before the deadline at some point, the voting phase ends early. If you wish to eliminate someone, at least six of you must be voting the same person at the deadline. No-lynching is also an option.