Dungeon Dweller [Game Thread] page 5

144 posts

Flag Post

Sodius
“Just call me Sam, everybody else does” I answer him. I stand by the wall and juggle small orbs of water that came from my hands.

Flag Post

[So is anyone else going to post, then? Because I’m pretty sure two versus three in favour of the heroes isn’t how Behemoth intended the fight in this scenario to turn out.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

[So is anyone else going to post, then? Because I’m pretty sure two versus three in favour of the heroes isn’t how Behemoth intended the fight in this scenario to turn out.]

[I agree, BC and myself can’t carry a thread all on our own.]

Flag Post

(I was accepted, so it can be 3v3.)

Ricken

Running along the path of the dungeon, he angrily thinks to himself.

Damn those forms. Why do they have to be so long! I missed most of the briefing, so I had to embarrass myself by asking a demon I don’t even know what was happening… Of course heroes are attacking just as we find that relic.

He was too distracted trying to keep his temper under control and tripped into two creatures. “Wha- Why don’t you-” He begins to seeth. Looking up at the others, he sees a dark elf and a water elemental.

Sigh… not worth the trouble… keep your anger at hold. He thinks, trying to keep calm.

“S-Sorry about that. I wasn’t paying attention. So you two are after those heroes, too?” He questions, trying to remove any hint of anger.

Flag Post

Arkfurionsk Inferfurie
I notice the sweet little Dark Elf and the Water Elemental chatting about the heroes that have trespassed into the dungeon.

“Over here, comrades. It seems that a certain hero, Jonathan Soelus the Omniknight, has been spotted in Sector F Alpha Four. I am also heading in that direction to, ah… put him down. I wonder if you would care to accompany me?”

Shadows swirl enthusiastically, like children playing tag in the sun. My palm fills with them, and they spill out and spatter on the floor before creeping along the stone to flow up my leg and into my hand again. My excitement is palpable; finally, a hated human to kill.

Flag Post

Jaq
Another fallen angel? This must be my lucky day… this one seems a touch more feral than the other one, but regardless, lucky.
‘We are indeed, sir. If you’d like to join us…’
And then the Altumdemon from before calls us over. What was his name… Arkfury Infernofury? Not quite, but close to that, I’m sure. He asks if we’d like to accompany him, to which I respond with an affirmative “yes”. ‘In fact,’ I add, ‘we were just waiting for a friend of mine to come back with some scouting information. He should have completed that task any time now…’
Sure enough, no more than five seconds later, I sense the vibrations that indicate a “follow on” signal from Juniper. With a smile and a “come hither” hand signal to the others, I proceed to follow the vibrations as requested, heading deeper into the cave system.

Flag Post

Ricken

I accept the proposal to join the dark elf, elemental, and the powerful looking demon. I could care less about hierarchy, people who prove themselves are people I can trust.

Then again, not liking the hierarchy got me in this situation. I began to think angerly. Because of that- Get ahold of yourself! Talk about something.

“So…” I turn to the dark elf. “How did you get stuck- I mean, how did you decide to team up with this elemental?” I ask while following, trying to distract myself.

Flag Post

Jaq
‘Well, we have a common goal, so we’re in the same group as one another for the time being. I assume that’s why we’re all here, right?’

Flag Post

Ricken

“True enough,” I simply state. “So, what is you name?” Maybe I can tell their gender by their name, because I am confused at the moment.

Flag Post

Sodius
Eventually a fallen angel and an Altumdemon join our little group and we head off towards Jonathon Soelus, a human and apparently a hero as well. I say to Jaq “If you can tell me where the hero is headed I can ambush him in the way that I was planning before and then you and the others can attack him.”

Flag Post

Jaq
‘To answer your question, angel, I am Jaq. J-A-Q. Feel free to tell me yours at any time. And for you, Sam, I don’t know where the heroes are headed. I suppose I could ask about this… and maybe find out if they’re in a group or on their own, since you seem to think they’re all separate from one another.’
I instruct Juniper to find this out without losing us. A few moments pass, and it turns out that at the moment, they are in a group, and relatively near the statue too, of which I say as much to the rest of the group, and promptly suggest that we make haste before breaking into a jog towards the appropriate location.

Flag Post

Ricken

Sigh… A rolling stone gathers no moss and whatnot… I think before I speed up until I am casually jogging besides Jaq. I have no problem keeping up with most creature. I continue to talk to Jaq. “Anyways… My name is Ricken. If we are facing a group, I might as well say I know mostly supportive magic, but otherwise specialize on one on one fighting. I am no good in group fighting and I never cared for it, anyways. I like to dance with my opponents, to know how they respond, how they think.”

I quickly cast a quick glimse of my hands, with the brass knuckles and uncommon hairy back. Uck! Why does the hair have to grow so quick. It is hard to maintain a normal appearance when they grow at such extraordinary rates… “If… If I say run, run. I know you won’t understand, and maybe question why, or flatout say no because of pride, but I do not know what could happen if you don’t run…” I say quietly.

Flag Post

Arkfurionsk Inferfurie
The fallen angel presumes to command me? I smile, amused.

“Do not think to order me, Fallen Angel. I would not know if you are ordering me to run to stab me in the back or to steal my kill. I will run when I think I need too.”

For a moment all is silent but for the sound boots stomping against rock, then I speak again.

“Jaq, do you have any information as to the powers of any of the heroes?”

Flag Post

Jaq
‘Not a clue, and my scout probably won’t be able to get that information without putting himself at risk. We do know who the heroes are, though, don’t we? I know I know who they are; my helper told me, and I assume the information was broadcast through the Dungeon for her to know… but if you really need me to tell you, it’s Jonathan Soleus, Silden Ventir, and Sigmun Vergessenheit. Only three guys, so this should, if all goes well, be quite easy. Four on three, so…’

Flag Post

Sodius
“Thanks Jaq” I reply. I then say “Hey Altumdemon.” I shout so that he can hear me “Is there any way that you could put these in a secure place for me?” I ask, using currents within my body to move my clothes onto my hand and then I sink into a puddle, leaving that hand in the air.

Flag Post

Ricken

He tries to tone out the demons refusal. This always happens… Nobody ever understands… I… I can’t say I challenged an Alpha out loud, and that I lost and got stuck with this stupid cur-

He tries to distract himself from his own thoughts. “Sodius, I may be able to carry them if you want, I got a backpack… and Jaq, does your, um…. scout, tell us if we are nearing those intruders?”

Flag Post

Jaq
’It’s not far, apparently. Just a couple more minutes. By the way, we might want to lower our voices if we’re going for a sneak attack. So we all know.’

Flag Post

Arkfurionsk Inferfurie
“Certainly.” I take the clothes from the Water Elemental and hide them in the elemental’s own shadow. “If you need these clothes again, merely pick up your shadow. They will be lying underneath.”

Flag Post

Ricken

I slow down, getting behind the others, and then picked up speed until I was going as fast as the others. Looking down at my feet as I quietly talk. “I will support you guys, but I would perfer to stay out of the main fighting myself… I just haven’t been feeling much like fighting recently…”

I would just prefer to keep them away from me altogether for their own sake, but, right now, that would be impossible. I have come this far! I can’t seem like a whimp for running away! … Might as well think with a good spell to open with…

Flag Post

Sodius
“Thanks” I say to the demon. Then I move towards the direction of the heroes and lie in wait for them to approach.

Flag Post

[Bump]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xandrya:

[Sorry for my lack of posts—school’s been consuming my soul lately since I graduate in December.]

[’tis fine. Real life takes priority over the internet, after all.]

Flag Post

[It is okay. I know what it is like. =3]

Flag Post

Play truant and go to an internet cafe

Flag Post

Some meters below

- “Look! That rock formation looks like a smile! Hahah! That’s cute!” A spectral, old sounding voice.
- “SIGMUND! Hurry up! We’ve got some evil to purge!” A deep, strong voice.
- “…” A silently silent silence
- “Ok… You’re no fun, Soelus…”
- “This is serious! Get your head in the job, for God’s sake!”
- “-sigh- Ok, ok. Don’t get an heart attack for me.”

As the three heroes advance through the tunnel, they don’t seem to notice the four persons/creatures/whatever lurking, waiting to make a sneak attack

[Ok guys. Fight scene!]