The Red Death [Mafia] [Post-Game] (locked)

155 posts

Flag Post

THE RED DEATH (An apocalyptic mafia forum game)

Flag Post

Story:

A worldwide pandemic has struck the earth. This disease, called The Red Death, has killed nearly everyone, excepting 16 survivors. The Red Death is known for being nearly unstoppable and able to kill a victim within a day. However, this pandemic is very strange: when a person gets it, it only gets passed down to one victim, and then that victim can only pass it down to one other victim, and so on, even though the disease in HIGHLY contagious. 16 survivors (the ones mentioned earlier) have bunkered themselves underground, and have made it impossible for the disease to reach them…or so they thought. EEESMAN2424, one of the survivors, has caught the disease and is going to die within a day. One of the survivors, however, has somehow concocted an antidote to stop the disease. However, the antidote takes one day to work, and a diagnosed victim would still die, leaving the antidote pointless on EEESMAN2424, but useful on everyone else in the bunker.
However, foul play has been detected as another survivor, EEESMAN2425, has been killed in the night by a mysterious force known as the mafia, who want the antidote to themselves and will kill anyone for it, but only the doctor knows how to concoct the secret antidote. All of the other survivors want to rid the bunker of these mafia, and all survivors have a meeting and vote for who they think is scummy and lynch them.
This is a battle for survival: Will the mafian ways live through to the world, or will the other survivors (townies) survive?

Flag Post

Rules:

-Obey all original Forum Game Rules
-All spam, off-topic discussion, and random posts will not be tolerated (stay on topic)
-Respect other players and the host (me)
-PLAY THE GAME IF YOU SIGN
-No revealing roles, even in the 1 “bah” post that you get when you die. I am the only person that can reveal roles.
-Anything sent in a PM will be kept private unless otherwise instructed.
-No editing or deleting posts (Any edits should be in another post)
-A proper sign has the word “sign” in the post. A proper lynch vote should look like this: Vote: [Player]
-No posting on this forum at the gametime “night” (Game Day: 3 real life days. Game Night: 1 real life day.)
-Night actions should be PMed to me during the night (if your role says so)
-Have fun
-Other addition rules may be added by me

Flag Post

Game Mechanics:

-Day: 3 real days
-Night: 1 real day
-Lynching: Happens during day phase only and only live people may vote. Whoever has the most votes against them will be lynched.
-Mafia Night Kill: All mafia must PM discuss who to kill and one person will be designated to report to me who they choose. If you are designated please be responsible. Any complaints against you will really be against you.
-Doctor Protection: The one doctor can send me who they want to give the antidote to and protect from mafia attack that night. The antidote lasts, the protection doesn’t, so choose wisely (Yes, the doctor can protect himself and the protection can be used on mafia).
-A victim of Red Death will be randomly selected (thanks RNG) to die during the night but will not be known to anyone until his (or her) death.
-The victim of the night kill will also be announced the next day.

Flag Post

Winning Conditions and Roles:

-Regular Survivor (Townie) (7): Can vote for lynch every day. Wins when all mafia is dead and survives the Red Death.
-Mafia (2): Wins if all townies die and survive the Red Death. Can, as a unit, kill one person every night and (individually)vote for lynch every day.
-Survivor Doctor (1): Can “doctor” someone every night (includes antidote for game and protection for one night). Can also vote for lynch everyday. Wins if he (or she) survives with at least one other regular survivor.
-Nobody (0): Nobody wins if everyone dies to the Red Death.

Flag Post

Signs:

1. REALinsanemonkey (Killed Night 1 by Mafia)
2. Pigjr1
3. Helltank (Lynched Day 3 by DragonArcherZ, BestMte, & Lebossle)
4. Xandrya (Died Night 2 of the Red Death)
5. BestMte (Lynched Day 4 by Lebossle and DragonArcherZ)
6. ocelot (Killed Night 3 by Mafia)
7. hamuka (Died Night 3 of the Red Death)
8. PolakXXL (Lynched Day 1 by REALinsanemonkey, Xandrya, Helltank, ocelot, and Lebossle)
9. Lebossle
10. DragonArcherZ (Killed Night 4 by Mafia)

Winners
Lebossle
Pigjr1

Flag Post

Am I the only one that thought of “The Masque of the Red Death” when I saw the title :P?

Not signing though. No time other than that I gain through procrastination.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Red Death mechanic is fucking OP. Can kill Doc or mafia killer and screw up entire game balance.

Meh, Sign.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Signify.

Flag Post

Roles have been cut. Three more signs are needed.

Flag Post

Sign.

I haven’t played Forum Games in ages. :D

Flag Post

Sign. For fun. Still have to optimize 3-2 LyLo.

Flag Post

One spot left! Who will claim it?

Flag Post

I’d like to claim it.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pigjr1:

I’d like to claim it.

Pigs can only take one spot.

Flag Post

Okay, whatever. If that spot is not filled by 4 p.m. cst tomorrow (in approx. 17 hours), one townie roll will be cut and roles will be distributed as soon as possible.

Flag Post

(I’d like to note that the spot was already claimed by Micron15)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kadleon:

I think EEESMAN is sceptical about signing him since he only has 3 posts.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post
Originally posted by REALinsanemonkey:
Originally posted by Kadleon:

I think EEESMAN is sceptical about signing him since he only has 3 posts.

And that it said it had been modded…