Jojo's Nightmare - Epilogue - The Link to the … oh, who even knows?! (locked)

172 posts

Flag Post

WHoC Story Arc: Aftershocks
Previous game: The Eye of Madness
Next game: The Resistance 2

Pregame – Unfamiliar Ground

Jojo Rakadan wanted a random location that wasn’t Sinnoh. While he did get it, he also ended up with a little more than he had bargained for…

Thanks to Chris’s attack just as Jojo entered the portal, the Dimensional Champ had been turned into an Emboar.

He now had to get used to his new form, but during what should’ve been a basic exercise, he managed to expend too much energy at once trying to get Ember to be Ember and not Thundershock. YMMV on whether or not that counts as an Epic Fail, if only because Emboar normally can’t learn Thundershock.

Anyways. Right as he returned to a campsite with some humans he was travelling with …

Jojo fainted!

Tonight, as the Huge Wave of Chaos takes its toll on Jojo’s sanity, he will be haunted by some stuff from his past…
Archival Note: I think before deciding on Mad Bomber for this game I was going to have phantoms of the past and present. (IE Past!Rumia would be scum but Present!Rumia would be a Miller Doctor. Similarly, Past!Chris would be a Vigilante while Present!Chris would be a Death Godfather.)

Of course, you’ll have to read some rules first…
1. Votes and unvotes must be bolded, IE Vote: roband
2. Do not talk about this game outside of this thread or a PM to the Mod.
3. Once your death flavor has been posted, you get one bahpost and that’s it.
4. The Mad Bomber’s target-paint must be PM’d to me. It cannot be withheld; if nothing is sent in, I will randomize the target and you will not know who it is.
5. If at least half of the players are voting for the same player, the day will end early. The day-ending vote is referred to as a Hammer, whether the voter knows this or not.
6. If you aren’t a part of this game, please do not post in this thread unless it’s to sign as a reserve.
7. Do not edit or delete your posts. If you need to change or clarify something from a previous post, use an EBWOP (Edit By Way of [Multi-]Post). I will not punish multiposts.
8. If I catch you using an alt to sign multiple accounts up to this game, you will be kicked out and permanently banned from my games. If the game is already running, exiles and/or replacements will happen.
9. If the votals are tied, the first relevant vote will break the tie.
10. Because there is no NL in this game, (hopefully it won’t come down to this, but…) if there are no votes at all when the deadline hits, I’ll lynch either the player whose last post was the earliest, or the player who has made the fewest posts.
11. If you’re playing, you’re expected to post. I reserve the right to exile or replace lurkers. If you need to be replaced, let me know. If you think another player is being inactive, you may request that I prod them, whether it’s public or private. A modprod will consist of a PM’d reminder that the target player is in this game, as well as a link so no time is wasted in getting back to the thread.
12. You can expect days to last up to 72 IRL hours (Three IRL days) and nights to last up to 24 IRL hours (1 IRL day). I reserve the right to shorten these phases as characters start dying.
13. Do not post any PM from me (THAT MEANS NO SCREENSHOTS!) or quote verbatim from it.
Originally posted by BoomFrog:

This game is so simple there’s really no reason to talk about your role PM in any way.

14. If you are modkilled, your win condition is null and void… simply put, you lose. Repeat offenses can and will result in bans from my future games.
15. Do not talk during night phases.
Roles
I’m just gonna say it now… this 7P setup was stolen from BoomFrog.
The Mad Bomber secretly chooses each night which player will be the next day’s bomb. If the bomb is lynched or the Mad Bomer survives until Day 6, town loses. If the Mad Bomber is lynched, town wins.
The Mad Bomber can target-paint the same person on consecutive days.

The one difference between BoomFrog’s execution and mine is that I will not allow you to NL.

This setup will refer to the Mad Bomber as Darkrai and the bomb as Jojo. All other players are vanilla Town.

(Assassin would actually make a bit more sense for this game, but I wasn’t sure I wanted to host another ’sin game so soon.)

Flag Post

Players
As usual, bolded messages in your sign-ups (provided they aren’t too long) will be posted to the right of your name, in parentheses. Strikethrough indicates a dead player.
1. Pigjr1 (Bombed N0) (Italicized messages such as this one, BTW, were written by RaceBandit as opposed to the player. They’ll most likely be comments on what the player said.)
2. yiu113 (Bombed Pig N0)
3. EEESMAN2424 (Helped Bomb Pig)
4. Bluji (<3 Behhhh)
5. Helltank (Veteran Mafia Player, come to me if you need help or advice)
6. Kadleon
7. DragonArcherZ

Replacements
They’re there if I need ‘em, but let’s hope I don’t. As usual, first come, first serve.

Log
Pregame (Unfamiliar Ground): Jojo fainted.
Day 1 (Why is it always a forest anyways?): EEESMAN2424 was lynched. He was not Darkrai or the bomb.
Night 1 (Safestrats): Bluji pointed out a distinct lack of penalties for talking at night. This was patched at the start of N2.
Day 2 (Unfavorable Odds): Helltank was lynched. He was not Darkrai or the Bomb.
Night 2 (Off the Road): The rule mentioned in N1 was patched.
Day 3 (Gardevoir is exerting its Pressure!): Kadleon was lynched. He was not Darkrai or the Bomb.
Night 3 (Internal Clock): I promised to post who was target-painted on each night phase.
Day 4 (Upgrade Complete): Gardenia picked up a Fairy subtype, rendering herself immune to Dragon-type moves such as Spacial Rend and Roar of Time.
Day 4: yiu113 was lynched. She was not Darkrai or the Bomb.
Night 4 (I think we can all agree that XY was a death sentence for my avatar.): Gardenia MegaEvolved into MegaGardevoir.
Day 5: DragonArcherZ was lynched. He was Darkrai.
Postgame (The Link to the … oh, who even knows?!) – Jojo woke up.

Targets
Pregame: yiu113
Night 1: Kadleon
Night 2: yiu113
Night 3: Bluji
Night 4: All remaining townies

Flag Post

Sign
Bombed N1

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pigjr1:
Bombed N1

N0 might be more accurate, since like in BoomFrog’s game, the game will start on N0 instead of D1 so D1 has a Bomb.

Flag Post

Sign.

Bombed Pig N0

Flag Post

Sign.
Helped Bomb Pig

Flag Post

Sign

Pigjr1 will be the mad bomber

Flag Post

Sign

Veteran Mafia Player, come to me if you need help or advice

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

Sign…I’m late aren’t I :/

Flag Post

Fine, then I’ll change my bolded message to
Bombed N0

Flag Post

Dragon lol, you were the lsat sign. Luck you.

Flag Post

Replacement! Replacement! Replacement! Kick Pig so I can get in N0! Replacement!

Flag Post

Actually, I’m going to un-sign from this game.

Flag Post

That is noble. <3 Behhhh
Pre-game edit: So yes, I’ll gladly take the spot. <3 Behhhh
Pre-game edit 2: <3 Behhhh

Flag Post

I really did forget whether anyone had presigned. Probably could’ve looked through some past PMs, but … lazy. >_<

I’ll see who the Random Number Goddess wants Darkrai to be, and then we’ll start the game.
Actually, once I send the Darkrai PM, I’ll need a N0/D1 bomb before we can start the game.

Role PMs have been sent out. You technically already have your Night Zero flavor text.

Flag Post

You did send out the Role PMs right? :/

Flag Post

I was waiting on a response from Darkrai. Not sure why nobody confirmed their role during N0, though…
EDIT – Something tells me this would’ve made it too easy to spot Darkrai unless I set a specific deadline for N0… which I didn’t.

Day 1: Why is it always a forest anyways?

As Jojo phased into the Dream Realm, he noticed that he once again had his human form back. “Well,” he noted, “that’s a pleasant surprise, but … how did I—”

His train of thought was interrupted by some rustling leaves. As he checked his surroundings, he noticed that he was in a forest.

He sighed as he summoned his polearm, the Crystal Reaper. Although the forest setting would mean he could be attacked from any direction, the rustling leaves were only in one.

If he was lucky, the rustling leaves would be completely harmless. If he was unlucky, the leaves would indicate the presence of one of his predators, and he would have to fight. If he was really unlucky, he wouldn’t have any time to react before he was killed and eaten…

Day one has begun.
Deadline: 10/3, 8 PM, MST
Hammer: 4

Flag Post

Darkrai will be expecting us to lynch the VIs and newbies, so Pigjr and EEESMAN are likely bomb targets. yiu is also often lynched and tends to be an easy lynch target, so he might be a bomb too.

I know I’m not Darkrai, so Bluji, Kadleon or DragonArcherZ are probably Darkrai. I’m reluctant to lynch Bluji since if he is a townie he will be very valuable to us as he is very experienced. Kad and Dragon are about equal in skill to me, so a coinflip gives me Kadleon to lynch.

Vote Kadleon

Flag Post
Originally posted by Helltank:

Darkrai will be expecting us to lynch the VIs and newbies, so Pigjr and EEESMAN are likely bomb targets. yiu is also often lynched and tends to be an easy lynch target, so he might be a bomb too.

I know I’m not Darkrai, so Bluji, Kadleon or DragonArcherZ are probably Darkrai. I’m reluctant to lynch Bluji since if he is a townie he will be very valuable to us as he is very experienced. Kad and Dragon are about equal in skill to me, so a coinflip gives me Kadleon to lynch.

Vote Kadleon

I don’t know if you want to take that coin flip, since DaZ was on conviently at the time Day 0 ended…
Vote DaZ

Flag Post

Oh, is it, EEESMAN?

DragonArcherZ, what do you have to say for yourself? Freaky coincidence? Well, since there seems to be startling new evidence by the observant EEESMAN, let’s go with

unvote Kadleon
Vote DragonArcherZ

Flag Post

On second thought, EEESMAN seems to be a little too observant. It’s a coincidence that DAZ was on when D0 ended. It’s an even bigger coincidence that EEESMAN was on at the same time, AND happened to notice. Attempted frame? Keep an eye out for this guy.

FoS EEESMAN

Flag Post

I actually wasn’t on. I think I showed I about 5 minutes later and jus t saw the “11 minutes ago” on DaZ’s post and the “5 minutes ago” on RaceBandit’s.

Flag Post

EDIT: You should’ve seen that too Helltank…

Flag Post

What the fuck. @EES/Hell, I’m being honest here – that was a coincidence.

By your own logic, both of you have suspicion on you.

I gtg for a few hours, but do you really think that, if I was the Mad Bomber, I would PM RB than ask that question? >.>

As usual, answering questions in a few hours time.