Jojo's Nightmare - Epilogue - The Link to the … oh, who even knows?! page 5 (locked)

172 posts

Flag Post

Time’s up.

Votals
Helltank: 2 (Bluji, Kadleon)
DragonArcherZ: 1 (Helltank)

Helltank has been lynched. He was not Darkrai or the bomb.

Night 2: Off the Road

Jojo was expecting the stolen magic he knew all too well as Spacial Rend. He wasn’t expecting Gardenia to instead cast Earth Power, but still managed to defend himself from the attack.

“Tell me something.”, Gardenia asked the Dimensional Champ. “You’re all alone in this battle, so why haven’t you already given up?”

“My will is far stronger than you give me credit for,” he answered as he readied a healing spell…

But it failed!

“…what?!”, Jojo thought to himself as no healing surge came to undo Gardenia’s damage.

“What did you just attempt anyways?”, Gardenia asked with a confused look on her face.

Jojo was too scared to answer…

Night two has begun.
Deadline: 10/8, 8:30 PM, MST

: Obvious Rules Patch Button!

Rule 15 has been changed.
Old: This setup will refer to days as odd hours and nights as even hours.
New: Do not talk during night phases.

Flag Post

Day 3 – Gardevoir is exerting its Pressure!

The lack of healing put the fight on a time limit. He had to correctly predict Gardenia’s attacks and counter appropriately, or the damage would add up and eventually kill him. If the Random Number Goddess herself was against him, he would die early to a crit…

Day three has begun.
Deadline: 10/11, 8:30 9 PM, MST
Hammer: 3

Flag Post

Alright, folks, let’s think about this. Since everynplayer knows at least one person that isn’t the bomber, they have a 25% cahnce of getting the bomber by geussing them. Similarly, there’s a 25% chance the bomber bombed anyone in particular. So, with that in mind, name your most scummy person.

Flag Post
Yiu113.

Sorry if you’re not mafia, but I find you very scummy right now because you’ve been active on Kongregate FGF, have been modprodded on Day 1 and only posted when it was a mass modprod so “everyone should be active”. I’m fairly sure you’ve been active lurking the whole time, considering you answered the RQS very promptly as well.

Flag Post

Bah.

Told you I’m not the bomb.

Flag Post

I’d have to go with DragonArcherZ, with Bluji following that because of the timezones.

I haven’t gotten any particular towntells from either, so I’ll have to go with [Vote: DragonArcherZ]

Flag Post

Oh well. So, my scumradar sucks. After re-thinking, I’m worried Kad is Darkrai. I’m not going to jump onto DAZ yet, but instead FoS: Kadleon.

Flag Post

@Bluji:

Helltank didn’t turn out the bomb, which disproves my theory here (that would’ve probably been a tactic that you would’ve using as scum):

However, the way Bluji just voted Helltank with all those points, I don’t know, they seemed like prepared from the first day so he could put the bomb on Helltank on D2 and then raise all those points which were perhaps in Helltank’s naturally scummy behavior.

Which makes me [UnFoS: Bluji]

BUT

Disappointed you provide no reasoning. Your re-thinking thought process doesn’t seem to have been said anywhere, despite the fact it naturally should be. You didn’t share your thoughts with town, even though it is crucial for town to know so (and by that, I mean everyone’s opinions). Even if I were to regard this as a VItell, I’ll still have to [FoS: Bluji] just because of the little information we have.

Flag Post

Well, my problem is that you were really really quiet on day 1, posted only three times during day 2 and now, at the start of day 3, immediately jump on DAZ. Do you see the problem here? You’ve become more and more bold as there are less and less players. From what I’ve played with you, that is most definitely not the way you play as town.

Flag Post

@Bluji:

As explained earlier, my posts in D1 were accidentally closed, and I lost the will to participate, hoping that I could post more in D2. Again, I had a lot to cover as D2 started, so I posted a big post only after a while. I don’t believe it’s the quantity of the posts that matters, rather, the quality does, and I do believe I covered everything in the posts I made that any single-posts after every few posts could’ve, though I did miss the opportunity to question EEESMAN2424 about his behaviors, and possibly stop a lynch of a townie.

My reasons for voting DragonArcherZ and my reasons for why he seems scum to me (aka the timezone problem) have already been stated by me before, I believe. I immediately jumped on DragonArcherZ because of the same reasons. I am not being bold, per say, I was just in a dilemma between DragonArcherZ, Helltank, and you. Helltank was giving off the most scumtells, but your plan as Darkrai would’ve been perfect, so I kept my eye on you a bit, which is why I ignored DragonArcherZ in D2, as I had more of Helltank and you to focus on.

The moment Helltank was revealed as town/non-bomb, I believed you were town, which is why that left DragonArcherZ the only suspect in my list. Your post later, however, is making me reconsider, as perhaps D2 was a missed opportunity by you. But if it was, that vote near the start sure seemed awkward.

Finally, as to note, I’d like you to not base things off metas, I’ve started being a lot less reckless. I was only bold (aka in voting) because I was sure that DragonArcherZ was the Darkrai, and I don’t want any stupidities by me that would cost town the win.

Flag Post

Do you think DAZ is scum ignoring the timezones?

Flag Post

I know, I already quoted this once in Squidward’s RP, but I’m reposting it here…

Originally posted by BoomFrog:

First lesson of Mafia boys. Always Ctrl-A Ctrl-C your post before submitting (or previewing) just in case your long ass post gets eaten.

In this case, you also might want to consider writing up the post in Notepad.

Votals
DragonArcherZ: 1 (Kadleon)

Deadline in … 59 and a half hours, I think.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

While I’m not a big fan of looking at timezones, at the beginning of D1 somewhere, I said “so there’s suspicion on all three of us? So be it.” or something like that. I believe timezones to be a fairly unrelated way of telling scum, but whatever, your guys choice.

I was sure that DragonArcherZ was the Darkrai

How are you sure about this statement? Are you just jumping on from the suspicion earlier from the days before – Helltank/EESMAN/DAZ triangle? Also, I “was” sure. So are you saying someone else is Darkrai now? Just a thought.

Originally posted by Bluji:

Well, my problem is that you were really really quiet on day 1, posted only three times during day 2 and now, at the start of day 3, immediately jump on DAZ. Do you see the problem here? You’ve become more and more bold as there are less and less players. From what I’ve played with you, that is most definitely not the way you play as town.

Kadleon’s normally an extremely active player. I do find this a bit strange, and:

I’d like you to not base things off metas

You’d like us to not base things off meta, but people do do it in mafia and we’re doing it here so.

[FoS Kadleon] for reasons above.

However, right now I’m worried about Yiu113 and Pigjr1. Pigjr1’s gotten modprods yet hasn’t talked much, so is he actively lurking but not showing it so it’s like he forgot about the game? Yiu113 has posted, but not after the first modprod. Both of them have barely contributed.

Yiu113, when you read this, you’re getting a vote from me if you don’t respond. Pigjr1, I have an eye out for you.

Flag Post

Pigjr1, I have an eye out for you.

Fair enough. Let me examine people, about bomber/bomb.

Anyways, there’s sort of a DAZ Kadleon Bluji triangle going on. Yiu113 hasn’t said much at all, and didn’t even bother to answer her own question. Kadleon is jumping on DAZ and Bluji while DAZ and Bluji are jumping on Kadleon. My thoughts on Kadleon, well. Perhaps Kadleon is the bomber, as he’s being quite aggressive. I don’t really think Kadleon is the bomb, as he didn’t do anything to particularly attract suspiscion until this day. However, perhaps the bomber got lucky and Kadleon just put himself in a bad position while the bomber easily attacks him and gets him lynched.

I don’t really know about Bluji or DAZ. If Kadleon was indeed the bomber then one of them must be the bomb, unless Kadleon is the bomber and just wants to shrink the town by voting a non-bomb. They both seem to be aiming towards Kadleon, and like I said before, Kadleon didn’t do anything to particularly attract suspiscion until this day, so should probably not be the bomb, which makes me less suspiscious of both. However, if the scenario where the bomber painted Kadleon and just got lucky happened then this could be possible. Or one of them is the bomber and just wants to shrink the town by voting a non-bomb.

Yiu113, I have no idea whatsoever, as she hasn’t said much.

Pigjr1, I’m pretty sure he’s a townie.

Flag Post

I’m not particularly aiming at Kadleon. I’ve been focused on Yiu as an active lurker, although I am suspicious of Kadleon.

Pig – prove you’re a townie. You reacted pretty fast, are you active lurking, that is my question.

Flag Post

[DAZ]

I apologize for the lurking, I really had little to nothing to contribute. I know I would have been able to post my suspicions and such, but I was worried that doing that would get people suspicious of me for what I post, and, considering I’m a VI and was likely to be the bomb in the early days, would not want that to happen.

Flag Post

So you were active lurking. How is posting suspicions not helping town? If you’re that scared of being bomb, then you could have just said that. By not contributing anything or voicing suspicions – and not even answering your own question, you’re either a VI (Sorry, but you’re not helping us right now) or Bomber.

So, who do you find suspicious? Answer your own question.

Flag Post

[Bluji]

Somewhat, I am getting mostly nulltells from him. He seems to be somewhat trying to bud with you, might be overanalysing this, though. And his lack of response to my post earlier seems a bit suspicious as well.

[DragonArcherZ]

While I’m not a big fan of looking at timezones, at the beginning of D1 somewhere, I said “so there’s suspicion on all three of us? So be it.” or something like that. I believe timezones to be a fairly unrelated way of telling scum, but whatever, your guys choice.

While it may be a “fairly unrelated way”, it does help in many scenarios where the most tells you’re getting from a person seem to be null, and it counts as a perfectly valid reason to vote for someone (imo), especially because of the way RaceBandit stated this:

Something tells me this would’ve made it too easy to spot Darkrai unless I set a specific deadline for N0… which I didn’t.

which does seem to imply that timezones can very well reveal the Darkrai.

[DragonArcherZ]

Are you just jumping on from the suspicion earlier from the days before – Helltank/EESMAN/DAZ triangle?

While it may seem like so, and partly is, I count it as perfectly valid reasoning to vote you people (plus Bluji). Not because it was a suspicion supported by quite a few people (though I don’t remember correctly if it was, probably not), but because EEESMAN2424 (who has been revealed as town) had a good point. Surely, one of you four should be the Darkrai, because of the timzone reasoning (stated above)

Also, I “was” sure. So are you saying someone else is Darkrai now? Just a thought.

The surety declined after Bluji’s post, considering he only gave reasons for his FoS after me asking, and not before (aka what he should’ve done). A bit of suspicion traveled off to him, which is what made me less sure of you being Darkrai.

How are you sure about this statement?

Please read my posts properly.

Kadleon’s normally an extremely active player. I do find this a bit strange

Please state what problems you had with my post here, which explained my behavior. Again, Bluji seemed to have mentioned no problems against it, so it’s funny you should jump on an already clarified point.

You’d like us to not base things off meta, but people do do it in mafia and we’re doing it here so.

Again, I don’t think you (and by that I mean the general ‘you’ [targeting a whole audience], instead of ‘you’ as in DragonArcherZ) have played enough with me to determine my meta on this account, where I’ve made changes to my meta quite a bit. Again, basing things off meta is worthy of nothing more than a PoS, and just because people do it doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do. People have also done random lynches throughout games in mafias a couple years ago, but did that make it the correct and rational thing to do? No. I also don’t understand the “so” part, I said you should not base things off meta, but you go on to saying that you’re doing it here so my point is invalid, that doesn’t make sense.

[FoS Kadleon] for reasons above.

All in all, this post has been based off reasons I’ve already clarified on, and others are just nitpicking. I think this post just strengthened my vote against DragonArcherZ, because this post is just a nicely garnished post to hide an OMGUS, while I believe a townie would straight out OMGUS.

Also, I am not quite getting Pigjr1 logic, and nor am I getting yiu113’s logic. Yiu113 seemed to have posted to respond to lurking, but still doesn’t bother posting on other stuff that has happened? Intriguing and suspicious, again, posting as a town, regardless of getting suspicioned upon, is a very important aspect of being townie. If you’re town, then you can justify all your actions as town if you get suspicion on you, simple as that. Pigjr1, I just don’t understand.

Flag Post
And his lack of response to my post earlier seems a bit suspicious as well.

Which post, sorry?

RaceBandit stated this: Something tells me this would’ve made it too easy to spot Darkrai unless I set a specific deadline for N0… which I didn’t.

Sorry if I’m being dull, but I’m pretty sure he never stated this, so argument is invalid? Admittedly, I haven’t looked back too much on the pages but as I was active throughout the game I shouldn’t have missed something like this.

Please state what problems you had with my post here, which explained my behavior. Again, Bluji seemed to have mentioned no problems against it, so it’s funny you should jump on an already clarified point.

Although it’s been clarified by you, I still find this suspicious because I kinda am basing it off meta. The thing is, I know you as a very active player so this different from the norm.

Although I am suspicious of you, I am more suspicious of the lurkers right now. Just like you and Bluji had barely posted before D1 so all the actives were accused, now we’re into D3 and it’s the actives just fighting it out. Yiu and Pig have no suspicion on them because they haven’t been posting yet Yiu’s been active lurking and he’s confirmed it with a pretty lousy excuse if he’s town. It’s not an OMGUS and you should know; or I would actually vote you.

Yawn It’s actually a new day here, so I better get my hours of sleep. Reply later.

Flag Post

It was an edit (I’ll properly reply to your post later)

Flag Post

[Vote: Kadleon]

So, I think you’re Darkrai. These are the reasons, here and now:

1) You’ve become more active when the amount of living players has gone down. Helltank mentioned the following on day 1:

I assure you, if I were the bomber, I wouldn’t try to flash win, but just wait and sit around discussing like I always do. And then pull a mislynch on a townie(doesn’t even have to be the bomb) and drop the town by one.

This is a good strategy. You’ve stayed quiet, claiming that you accidentally ‘closed tabs’ so that you couldn’t post on day 1 because of your ‘loss of will to participate’ (BTW, staying quiet also allowed you to get EEESMAN lynched without having to put a word inbetween), then coming to post some lengthy posts and then suddenly jumping on DAZ.

2) You’re so trusty on the timezones. The timezones only show the possibility of certain players online, but it doesn’t necessarily prove anything. I did a quick calculation and counted that if you went onto the computer the morning (your morning) the game began, you could’ve just well sent in a random name. The timezones prove basically nothing (well, I’m shooting myself in the leg with this claim, since that also mean I might’ve been on the computer during N0 (which is not correct, since it was a weekday night), but I’m looking this from a point of view in which I am a townie, what I am).

3) If I were Darkrai, why would I randomly throw out suspicion towards you? That would make me heavily suspicious and as the bomber, I would try to avoid any additional stress from getting suspected by more people. Returning to point number 1, you have avoided attention by staying very low unlike DAZ, who I also believe as a bomber would try to avoid being attacked.

4) I’d like to ask you: why does DAZ’s budding with me make him the bomber? That simply makes no sense. As well, ‘his lack of response to your post earlier’ is not an eligible reason, since you also avoided any attention on day 1 and most attention on day 2 (aka I’m still returning to point number one: I don’t trust your claims about loss of interest on day 1).

Sorry, I just find you more suspicious over DAZ, so I’m gonna [Vote: Kadleon].

Originally posted by yiu113:

Alright, folks, let’s think about this. Since everynplayer knows at least one person that isn’t the bomber, they have a 25% cahnce of getting the bomber by geussing them. Similarly, there’s a 25% chance the bomber bombed anyone in particular. So, with that in mind, name your most scummy person.

Pardon, yiu, but what do you mean with the bolded part?

Flag Post

By everyone knows aglt least one player who isinnocent, Bluji, I mean that every non-bomber knows their roll, and the bomber knows all of the townies. Sorry tgat it was a bit confusing.

Flag Post

Alright, yawns again, just woke up, lol.

So, I suddenly had an epiphany when I woke up on to be a possible bomber, but I don’t want to say right now; I know you’re supposed to reveal suspicions as a townie and I will shortly, I just need to look back at posts and see what I can find, as this suspicion has like no evidence onto it.

Flag Post

[yiu]

Yeah, I understand it now. I just misinterpreted it so that I thought you meant every player knows someone else who isn’t a bomber.

As for the votes, it’s currently:

DragonArcherZ – 1 (Kadleon)
Kadleon – 1 (DragonArcherZ)

So DAZ, if you’re interested in survival or if there’s anyone who agrees with me, vote Kad. Otherwise, I believe that we will lose.

Flag Post

[DragonArcherZ]

Which post, sorry?

The big one on D2. You didn’t bother replying to some of the points which I think you should’ve commented on.

Sorry if I’m being dull, but I’m pretty sure he never stated this, so argument is invalid? Admittedly, I haven’t looked back too much on the pages but as I was active throughout the game I shouldn’t have missed something like this.

Originally posted by Kadleon:

It was an edit

Although it’s been clarified by you, I still find this suspicious because I kinda am basing it off meta. The thing is, I know you as a very active player so this different from the norm.

Again, Helltank posts do discourage me from posting (no offense, but it’s true, sorry), simply because of the number of issues in each one. When I lost that post, I was enraged, since I didn’t want to go through his posts again. I do think I have been as active as I should be on D2, so I am unaware of what the issue is.

It’s not an OMGUS and you should know; or I would actually vote you.

I realize that. Huh. I count this as a towntell because of your reluctant-ness to not vote, in order to not set off the bomb when the chances are as low as these. I will be keeping my vote on you, though, simply because of survival reasons as I know I am town, and it would be blatant stupidity to not do that if I want town to win. Otherwise, my suspicion on you is currently at the level of an FoS.

[Bluji]

“I assure you, if I were the bomber, I wouldn’t try to flash win, but just wait and sit around discussing like I always do. And then pull a mislynch on a townie(doesn’t even have to be the bomb) and drop the town by one.” This is a good strategy

First of all, I wouldn’t adopt others’ strategies or change mine to include them. Secondly, his post was after I posted this:

Will post later (not even like post later in terr. mafia, promise)

Which does indicate that I was going to post something of value later (which, imo, strengthens my point which you believe to be a ‘fake claim’), and is to say, I know I would go and try to pull a lynch on the bomb to gain early-victory if I was Darkrai, because I am kind of impatient.

(BTW, staying quiet also allowed you to get EEESMAN lynched without having to put a word inbetween),

I believe I’ve already mentioned this. I should’ve at least gotten a post in to knock some sense into Helltank/DragonArcherZ that EEESMAN2424 was a townie, which I didn’t do, my fault. However, I do spot a bit of hypocrisy here, since you didn’t do anything to prevent it either.

then coming to post some lengthy posts and then suddenly jumping on DAZ.

Again, I believe I’ve completely clarified my reasoning for voting DragonArcherZ. Also, I don’t like the way you completely disregard my posts as “coming to post some lengthy posts”, since I believe everything I post carries some value, in one way or the other. You seeming it sound like that makes me even more suspicious of you.

The timezones only show the possibility of certain players online, but it doesn’t necessarily prove anything

It does, however, prove that a certain range of players was online, thus removing quite a few players from suspiciousness.

I did a quick calculation and counted that if you went onto the computer the morning (your morning) the game began, you could’ve just well sent in a random name.

Well, could you provide this calculation? (and for those familiar with my timeframes, I usually come in on both forums/chat at 2:00 AM PST)

If I were Darkrai, why would I randomly throw out suspicion towards you?

Wait, could you quote where I stated you were randomly throwing out suspicion towards me, please? I don’t remember doing this.

why does DAZ’s budding with me make him the bomber? That simply makes no sense.

I believe this is obvious, I don’t see why this was even added. Perhaps to add more substance to your post to make your vote against me seem stronger?

As well, ‘his lack of response to your post earlier’ is not an eligible reason, since you also avoided any attention on day 1 and most attention on day 2

I don’t see how I avoided most attention on Day 2. I don’t see what me not attracting any attention has to do with my reasoning there, though. This entire 4) has been there for just being there, with nothing that actual should cast suspicion over me. Meh, I am getting more and more suspiciousness from you.

[Bluji]

if you’re interested in survival or if there’s anyone who agrees with me, vote Kad.

Meh, I don’t understand your points, since they seem to be things I’ve already made clear of before. If you want to vote me, go ahead, but know that you’ll lose a town and possibly get bombed.

In the end, I would just like to state I have done what I thought was optimal play for town. I’ve not lied about anything, and I’ve tried to pluck out scumminess / towniness from posts made. I don’t really know why I am being put in such a position where I am being proved scummy, since honestly, even if it seems like jumping, I’ve put much thought into it. I am positive the scum is between DragonArcherZ and Bluji, and the way Bluji is trying to push a lynch onto me is particularly scummy. That’s all I have to say atm.

(Oh, and I’d like if everyone left gives their opinion on the matter)