Post Office Mafia [Finished/AAR]

208 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for Lock

Flag Post

Rules

This is a game of mafia where you can gain roles for one night and one day by taking a package, but be warned, some of them have been sabotaged…

Starting set up:
12 players, 11 Role packages, 1 Sabotaged package
9 ‘vanilla’ townies, 3 mafia

Standard rules:
1) Do NOT reference messages sent to you by the GM (me) unless I give you express permission to do so.
2) Play to win, if you are getting lynched do NOT under any circumstances throw a hissy fit and reveal your scum team mates or anything like that.
3) Do not be a dick.
4) Lynch votes to be given like this: Lynch: x abbreviations are acceptable but I must be able to understand it, if not your vote doesn’t count. The person with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched. No Lynch is valid, abstain is not.
5) Ties will be decided by random.org
6) The mafia may communicate during the night by PM but not during the day.
7) No one else may use PMs to communicate with each other about the game.
8) If you are targeted by a role you will not be informed.
9) Alignment will be revealed upon death.
10) Days will last 96 hours and will end on my post, not when the timer reaches zero.
11) Nights will last 48 hours with speed deadlines in effect.
12) The Game will start with a 24 hour night with no night kill for the mafia
13) You may not edit or delete your posts, if you do you risk the wrath of a mod kill. If you make a mistake correct it by way of re posting

Game Specific Rules
1) If you wish to take a package do it like this: Take Package: x
2) For every bomb in play at the start of the day, bar the starting one, players may vote 1 role to be taken out of the role pool for the following day.
3) If the town has the opportunity to remove a role from the pool they must do so by placing a vote like this: Remove Role: x
4) If you take a package then for that day you may place an additional non refundable vote on 1 person of your choice like this: Package Vote: x
5) Players may take a package, packages will be opened at the start of the night, if they open a bomb they die unless their role says otherwise, if they take a role package they will be informed of their role for the following night and day phase.
6) All packages will contain a role from the pool, some will contain a bomb.
7) The Mafia will not gain a role from taking a package, they will find out the role contained within the package but will not be able to use it.
8) The Mafia will have 1 night kill, they will get an additional night kill if less than 25% of players take a package.
9) There will be 12 packages in the game at all times, packages will be delivered and replaced after all night actions have been ordered, the Post Man resolves after the packages have been delivered.
10) One bomb will be added to the total bombs at the start of the day, bombs will be randomly re-assigned to packages at the start of each new day.
11) Once a majority of players have taken packages no more players will be permitted to take a package, any orders to take a package after this point will not be processed, you will receive a PM confirming that you received a package if you took one.
12) If there is a point in the game where there would be no bombs in any of the packages then a bomb will be randomly added to a package.
11) You will receive confirmation of your order to open a package during the day from me by PM and in the thread, this package will be yours and will be removed from the pool to take from, however it will not be opened until the start of the night at which point any bombs will go off.

Roles in the pool

Cop: Investigates one person at night and will be told their alignment
Naive Cop: Investigates one person at night and will be told that they are innocent, appears as a normal cop to themself, will see the miller as innocent.
Doctor: Saves one person at night from a kill
Oracle: May choose one person at night, if they die that night or in the following day the targeted players alignment is revealed to all
Leader: If the leader dies then all votes will be anonymous on the following day via PM to me, package collections will still be done in the thread however.
Angel: If the Mafia kill an angel then one mafia member will be randomly converted to a traitor (traitors will be added to the count for the amount of active mafia but will not participate in mafia meetings)
Bleeder: If you are killed by the mafia you will survive until the following night, you will not be permitted to take a package and your votes do not count, the town will be informed that you are dying.
Postman: Can choose one package, if that package would have been sabotaged then it will be left clean, however If the postman dies then that package will be left unguarded and a bomb will be placed in it at the start of the next day, this happens after the new packages have been delivered. (My own role specific to this game)
Post Master: May pick a package, if it had a bomb in it on the previous day then the bomb will be removed from the game. (My own role specific to this game)
Bombproof: If you find a package with a bomb inside the bomb will not go off, you will not be informed if there was or wasn’t a bomb inside, you will gain a role from the package.
Miller: If investigated you will appear guilty to the cop, innocent to the Naive cop, if lynched you will appear to be maf, if night killed you will be revealed as a villager, you will remain a miller until the following night, if you die before then you will be permanently revealed as mafia.

1) Pigjr1
2) EEESMAN2424 (lynched Day 3)
3) walfordking (lynched Day 5)
4) zzzip50
5) ocelot (replaced by LouWeed) (Blown up Day 4)
6) Kadleon (lynched Day 1)
7) Precarious
8) Jamuak
9) Sabin7 (lynched Day 2)
10) Helltank (killed Night 1)
11) Yiu113 (Killed Night 2)
12) BLOODYRAIN10001

Flag Post

I give up the admins just don’t like me…

Flag Post

It are not the admins deleting your posts, it’s the automated spam filter.

Flag Post

Why did the R4L not get auto-pulled?

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

Why did the R4L not get auto-pulled?

That is kinda weird…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Micron15:

Is there a limit to the amount I can post in one post as that might be what is making the admins rage at me?

Play a few more games on kong, get a badge, right now the spamfilter thinks you’re a spammer. I unhid your posts for you though.

Flag Post

Sign
I don’t know how this will go…

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pigjr1:

Sign

But Pig, there was no ninja rule…:P

Flag Post

coughahemcough

3) Do not be a dick.

Flag Post

Done, got my badge :)

Flag Post

At first, I didn’t want to sign, but then again I wanted to sign because our post office is going to be sign off. So SIGN ME UP.

Flag Post

So this is how I understand these roles:

Villager:
A completely normal villager

Mafia:
Chooses one person to NK each night

ROLE PACKAGES

Cop:
Investigates one person per night
Discovers person’s alignment

Naive Cop:
Appears as Cop to self
All results are innocent

Doctor:
Protects one person per night

Oracle:
Chooses someone at night
Reveals that person’s role if killed

Leader:
Votes are anonymous the day after death

Angel:
Converts a mafia member to traitor if NK’ed

Traitor:
Part of mafia, does not participate in NK

Bleeder:
Survives one more day after NK’ed
Cannot vote or take packages if bleeding

Postman:
Chooses one package
If about to be sabotaged, left clean
If dies, package left unguarded, bomb placed in it

Post Master:
Picks one package
Removes bombs from game

Bombproof:
Immune to bomb packages
Isn’t alerted of bombs
Gains role from package

Miller:
Appears guilty to Cop
Appears innocent to Naive Cop
Appears mafia if lynched
Appears villager if NK’ed

Flag Post

You got them all right

Flag Post

sign

Flag Post

I guess I’ll sign, seems a bit too role heavy for my liking but straight upgrade from bastard.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

All added, half way there :D

Flag Post

Just a warning in case this fills over the weekend, I’ll be gone from Friday till Sunday, probably won’t fill in that length of time but just trying to avoid any confusion.

Flag Post

Sign.

Flag Post

You’ve been added

Flag Post

If this isn’t filled by the 1st of November then I’m going to put this on hold to look into another game I’ve been considering.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Added