Windfall - Game

30 posts

Flag Post

Yeah. A ha. You know what it is.

Flag Post

Nico is “safe” inside the Windfall Manor; he decided to not invite any of his siblings to the party as he had planned, instead keeping to himself inside the master bedroom. He had a half-full minifridge; certainly not enough food to last 3 days.

Flag Post

Nico Windfall
The death of my father was a sad event. Years of struggling with a devastating case of lung cancer, the last months barely able to speak. After having spent the last week in a coma on artificial breathing, he, unfortunately, passed away.
He was a rich businessman, made tens of millions in the stock market. The proud owner of plenty of cars, multiple houses (including his favorite manor, which I live in myself), the only thing he lacked was a wife, who passed away a few years before. Some say it was fate, but that was nothing my pa believed in.

Of course, with money comes enemies. There were plenty of other businessmen who would love to see his head on a plate. Nobody knew, though, that even his own family wanted him gone. With wealth comes inheritance, and my siblings wanted this money as soon as possible. I would not be surprised if one of them pulled the plug themself.

My father knew this, of course. One by one, he chased his sons away from his household. Will, Simo… none were to be allowed to stay. Some changed their names afterwards, in fact. He was not a cruel man; he allowed them to retain but a small sum of money, enough to purchase a small house and last a few months to obtain a job themselves. “If they want my money that bad, they’re going to have to earn it just as I did”, he said. Lucas, my closest brother was the last to leave, though he left on his own; strangely with nothing but the clothes on his back and a few objects from the manor.

Me, though, I stayed with my father until the day he died. He trusted me, and I trusted him. He left his entire capital to me; the houses, the money, the stocks, on the one circumstance that I claim it myself and protect it from my siblings. He entrusted me with this challenge, and I took it up. I will not disappoint him.

I grab a small snack from the mini-fridge in the bedroom and head towards my room. I’ve been preparing, of course. From a small safe hidden in the wall I obtain a bulletproof vest, a loaded handgun, a fully charged cellphone (One my father used to own. A simple one with barely any functionality; he didn’t want much else) and a wallet with plenty of cash to survive. I prepare myself to head out.

[Where do I need to go to claim my inheritance?]

Flag Post

[Go to the Stock Exchange; they’ll buy the stocks and bonds from you.]

You’ve also managed to provision a couple of private bodyguards, so you feel perfectly safe going outside.

Flag Post

[I’ll let the rest post before I continue. I take the deed to the house with me.]

Flag Post

Simo Häyhä

Though the rich businessman Mr. Windfall had died, I was paid by another person to get it back. Even death cannot stop me from getting the money. After getting my equipment and a copy of Windfall’s will, that which had been copied by another person, I set off to get transportation. I shortly found transportation in the form of a car which I got from a Russian. Now, it was time to figure out where to get the inheritance.

Flag Post

[What’s this with two people having unknown hidden items, by the way? I feel kinda uncomfortable with the idea that two people have anything that could range from a time machine to a condom to a nuclear bomb.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by jerenator:

[What’s this with two people having unknown hidden items, by the way? I feel kinda uncomfortable with the idea that two people have anything that could range from a time machine to a condom to a nuclear bomb.]

(You’d probably guess what my character has in his case.)

Flag Post

Gotteraka, grats on your 18 th post! (binary joke) I’m sad to inform you, Gotteraka, but at the moment, murder and/or theft is the only solution. You can’t find a replica of the inheritance, try as you might.

Flag Post

Lucas Windfall
I don’t care how, but I will get the money. I feel bad that I have to take it from Nico, but… I won’t hurt him. If I won’t get the money… They’ll kill her. I can’t let that happen.
I was currently planning how I can steal the will from him. Nico wasn’t stupid, so he probably hired a couple of bodyguards. It won’t be easy… But I have to do it. Even if I might not survive it.
First, he should come to the Stock Exchange. That’s what I would do. Hmmm, I might have an idea…

Flag Post

Will Get Everything

Shortly after I was chucked out of the manor, as I was the first one to go. I’ve always known that Nico was the favourite son. So this time it will be revenge and I don’t care who I hurt. I want everything.

Flag Post

Nico is very well-prepared. The stock market will be closed for three days, and until then, Nico will be waiting in his hotel room, well-fed and surrounded by guards. The question is, will the rest of the Windfalls kill him before then?

Flag Post

Simo

I decided to cruise around in my car and wait for information. That information was relayed to me by phone. “Hey Simo, you should probably camp at the Stock Market. If you do so, then sooner or later, the person or persons will arrive at the Stock Market and you can get the money and I can receive the inheritance from Mr. Windfall’s will.” The man on the other end of the line said. “Riiiiight.” I replied and hung up. I had no qualms about killing Mr. Windfall’s offspring. I wasn’t even related to him in the first place. I got my car in gear and drove off to the Stock Market. It would take 2 days to get to it from where I am, assuming there are little to some delays. If I was lucky, I’d get there in a day.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

A day passes. Nico stays as long as he can in the suite, but he’s forced to order food from food service, ans he’s let his bodyguards take a short break in the lobby.

Flag Post

Lucas Windfall
Hmmm, my brother always liked to order food. I might get in there… Luckily, I’m prepared. I’ve changed my looks dramatically. He’ll never know it was me… I’ll just have to wait for that guy…

Flag Post

Nico Windfall

The waiting is the worst part. The more time I have to spend in this boring hotel, the more time my siblings have to catch up to me.
I’ll order some food. A pizza isn’t the food of millionaires… perhaps nobody will expect this.

Flag Post

Will Get Everything

I just get to the hotel in time to deliver the pizza. I say to the pizza delivery guy, “You could do with a rest. I’ll take it up.” He agrees.

I wonder if he was going to eat the pizza or most likely going to get me to eat some first. If I poison one piece of the pizza, then wham, I get everything. Nico wouldn’t know which piece I’d poisoned and I would.

Flag Post

Nico Windfall

As someone knocks on the door to my hotel room, I send one of my bodyguards to answer it. As he opens the door and takes the pizza from the delivery man, I can’t help but look through the doorway and see a face that looks oddly familiar…

I take the pizza and place it on the table in front of me. I’m slightly suspicious, so I invite one of my bodyguards over to eat with me; i’m not all that hungry anyway.
Already knowing what this is about, but knowing he can’t deny my request, the bodyguard gives me an evil look and sits down at the table with me.

[Let’s play a little game.
Assuming it’s a 6 slice pizza, and you poisoned one slice, we are going to play Pizza Roulette.
My bodyguard and I will both eat one slice in order. First my bodyguard (to make sure not the entire pizza is poisoned),
then me, then my bodyguard again, then me. We leave the other two slices.]

[In order words, first my bodyguard has a 1/6 chance to get poisoned, then me a 1/5 chance, then my bodyguard a 1/4 chance, then me a 1/3 chance.]

Flag Post

As fate would have it, you happen to eat a pizza slice that tastes very, very bad. It’s obviously poisoned; you quickly stop eating, trying to minimize the exposure. What do you do? You can feel it creeping around in your body…

Flag Post

Nico Windfall

I panic. I’m not used to dealing with poison. Who knows how fast and lethal it is? I’m not sure what they can afford. How can I get the poison out? What if it’s already in my blood, killing me right now?

Thoughts race through my mind, and I quickly run through the bathroom. Better save what can still be saved. I bend over the toilet and haul over, trying to get as much out of my stomach as possible. No more pizza for me.

Behind me, in the main room, the bodyguard lets loose both a sigh of relief and a small grin for my fate, while the other bodyguard quickly calls a personal doctor to come over.

Flag Post

You struggle to survive, trying to get rid of your poison. A personal doctor comes over almost immediately, bringing a bag full of antidotes and treatment for all kinds of poison. You quickly drink the correct antidote, and find yourself feeling much better. The doctor explains that the poison won’t disappear completely until 3 days have passed. The police are now on a chase after Will Get Everything; although any Windfall can claim the will for themselves, “in any way”, this does not allow murder; it just means that, if Nico dies, the other Windfalls can claim it instead.

Flag Post

[Daw, I was trying to keep the doctor open as an entry point for someone else]

Flag Post

Lucas Windfall:
Dammit! I missed the chance. That Will… I see everyone is going for the will. I bet he did something to the pizza. Maybe poisoned it… I hope Nico’s okay. Anyway… There’s gotta be a way inside that house that the guards don’t know about… Maybe go through sewers? Or vents? Or the roof? There are a few options, but which one is the best?

EDIT: Just noticed the pun. ^^

Flag Post

There are a few possibilities; but the front door is the easiest solution. Maybe you can convince the guards into letting you past?