Defend The House 2 (RP + gameplay thread) Day 5, Morning page 3

1366 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by hamuka:

Oh my gosh, that quarry of stones. I didn’t see such since the largest house in our village was exploded by the King.

Surely, such a large amount of stones should be enough to build at least a barricade, but the best would be to build it into the house’s walls to strengthen it. With my lean body, I doubt I could do it all by myself, but I guess I could start to do it.

You can’t start yet. the first battle is going to take up the Afternoon portion of the day

Flag Post

Group 1 and 2 – Day 1, Afternoon. (First Battle!)

After finishing up your job for the morning you all head back home and keep an eye out for potential threats. The thought of having to fight your first battle was a little overwhelming. But so far nothing appeared out of the ordinary, so that was a relief. Suddenly you see three figures emerge from the distance. Grabbing your weapons you rush out to meet them on the field of battle.

Group 1
Your first opponents don’t seem relatively powerful. They wield rusty swords, and rusty armor that looks like it wouldn’t even be able to block anything. That is except for the leader, he wears a red metallic armor that covers his whole torso. it doesn’t look very thick though, perhaps it is mostly for decoration purposes? but still, you figure he must be there leader. One of you calls out to them “Leave now and you won’t have to fight.” The leader steps forward and in a calm voice says. “and what if I want to fight? I doubt you three are strong enough for the likes of us. So what are you going to do about it? Are you going to run? Are you scared weaklings? Come on out and show me what you got.” All three of you start talking it over whether you should call it quits or whether you actually want to go through with this. As you argue they approach closer until they are quite close to your cottage.

New Recruit A: (10/10 hp) 20 ft. away
New Recruit B: (10/10 hp) 20 ft. away
Recruit Leader: (15/15 hp) 20 ft. away

Group 2:

You watch as the three figures get closer and closer. You all discuss what to do. Looking at the figures you notice that one of them appears to be decently skilled as he takes practice swings all the while moving in a graceful manner, he even appears to be wearing some type of armor. While it’s definitely not that thick it’ll reduce some of the damage at least. Realizing that he indeed is a threat you pull out your weapons before they can move any closer to your cottage.

Recruit A.(12/12 hp) 40 ft. away
Recruit B. (12/12 hp) 40 ft. away
Recruit Leader (12/12 hp) 40 ft. away

(And yes: both groups have enemies with the same name but different stats.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

[So regarding those rolls Canreld got for his morning thefts, I don’t quite understand how those figured out… unless the so-called “spot roll” is a separate thing entirely to how well he does in the actual theft actions.]

Spot roll is if you were actually spotted or not. If you were spotted you’d either A.) Be thrust into battle. or
B.) Run away with hopes that they don’t catch you.

if you were to fail the spot roll I’d roll a third die which would increase your opponents strength. (with a 1 being insanely strong) and a 100 being a push-over.

Also: if you could please choose the element of the weapon shard I gave you.

[1. Uh huh. And is the strength roll relative to Canreld’s current strength, or…?
2. Honestly, I’ve been holding off on making a choice on the shard element so as to maximize the type advantage I might get from it, as well as to make sure I’m not forced to use it prematurely on a weapon that I’ll likely discard later on. Two questions regarding that, then: am I allowed to de-equip the shard from a weapon once it’s been applied, and do I have to make a choice regarding the shard’s element right this instant if I’m not necessarily going to use the shard until much later?]

Canreld Felkend
Eying the opponentc from come distance away, I draw my qroccbow and aim it at the leader of the group, pulling the trigger to cend the bolt in hic direqtion.

Flag Post

@BCLEGENDS

1. Yes, the strength roll is relative to your current strength. (though even if you were level 100 and rolled a 100 you’re level 1 self would have no trouble dispatching your enemy. but if you rolled a 1 well then you’d either need to be very lucky to fight. You’d be much better off running unless you had some sort of trick up your sleeve. (Example: Some powerful scroll)

2. You can de-quip it from a weapon, just not in the middle of battle, or during battle preparation. (right before a battle) it wouldn’t even take a full turn to de-quip it. (and later on you can just sell it, or graft it to a turret or something) Also I suppose you don’t have to choose now. You just won’t be able to use it until you’re out of battle.

(Also the reason we didn’t have battle preparation this turn is because no one had any items worth using, and traps/shards need a safe period to use) this phase is mostly for potions and other consumables.

Flag Post

Hamster

…Well talk about the worst timing ever. I guess strengthening the house will have to wait a bit.

I figure that we should attack them now. I aim my Longbow at one of the New Recruits, pull the string, and send the arrow on its (hopefully successful) journey.

Flag Post

[1. So a Strength 1 enemy would end up being, like… 100x stronger than my character at any given time, or what? Give us an estimate here.
2. Oh, well that’s good for the whole dequip thing, at least. I wasn’t planning to use it yet anyways, so I’ll leave its element in a state of flux for now.]

Flag Post

Hamster

…Well talk about the worst timing ever. I guess strengthening the house will have to wait a bit.

Following Canreld’s movements, I figure that he has a point. I aim my Longbow at one of the New Recruits, pull the string, and send the arrow on its (hopefully successful) journey.

You’re in group 1 :P

Flag Post

Hamster

Following Canreld’s movements, I figure that he has a point. I aim my Longbow at one of the New Recruits, pull the string, and send the arrow on its (hopefully successful) journey.

I realize. That’s why I said “New Recruits” as those are only in Group 1.

Flag Post

Hamster

I mean Canreld isn’t in your group XD

Flag Post

Hamster

I mean Canreld isn’t in your group XD

Oh dammit.

…Though this might be explained in some other way, but that’d imply I’m a stalker. And I don’t want that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

[1. So a Strength 1 enemy would end up being, like… 100x stronger than my character at any given time, or what? Give us an estimate here.
2. Oh, well that’s good for the whole dequip thing, at least. I wasn’t planning to use it yet anyways, so I’ll leave its element in a state of flux for now.]

A strength 1 enemy would probably be more than one enemy (or one rather powerful guard(ian)) he wouldn’t be 100x stronger than you though. More along the lines of you’ll either
A.) need some super rare item(s) to be able to take him on.
B.) with a lot of luck you’ll be able to survive with serious injuries

He’d most likely be about 1.75x – 2x stronger than your character. Of course this can only happen if you fail getting 11 or above on your spot roll. and then magically get a 1.

Flag Post

a 2 or the like though, should be beatable though. (but it would be quite a big challenge)

Update: Well the turn order is set-up so whenever a group finishes there actions I’ll post an update :P

Flag Post

I load in 2 Sonic Slugs to my shotgun (It’s not already loaded so I can load that into it)

Flag Post

Flynn

Seeing the advancing Recruit Leader, I decide it would be entertaining to Persistently Pester him.

(I was thinking the debuff would take one turn to use, then, afterwards, it would last until I am hit. I should probably ask if this is the way you pictured it before using it.)

Flag Post

Bloodyrainious
Use “Bloody Rain” and run towards them shouting “LEEEROOOYYY JEEEEENKIIIINS!” and attack Recruit Leader with my sword.
Not sure how combat works in this game yet though, so If only one is possible ignore every thing after the words “Bloody Rain”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FelineForumer:

Flynn

Seeing the advancing Recruit Leader, I decide it would be entertaining to Persistently Pester him.

(I was thinking the debuff would take one turn to use, then, afterwards, it would last until I am hit. I should probably ask if this is the way you pictured it before using it.)

Yes that’s good.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BLOODYRAIN10001:

Bloodyrainious
Use “Bloody Rain” and run towards them shouting “LEEEROOOYYY JEEEEENKIIIINS!” and attack Recruit Leader with my sword.
Not sure how combat works in this game yet though, so If only one is possible ignore every thing after the words “Bloody Rain”.

Well technically you’re allowed one attack/spell and one move. (though if an enemy is in melee range of you and you try to move there’s a possibility they’ll get a free attack in.) Anyways Bloody Rain it is :P

Flag Post

Group 1 update

BloodyRanious the Cleaver: (23)
(Spell Roll: 74): Taking action quickly you cast your spell and a large rain cloud hangs overhead dropping blades of all kinds onto your enemies. New Recruit A takes a hit from a grand sword glowing with pulsating magic. (6 damage)
(Spell Roll: 69): Another big sword lands onto New Recruit B, damaging him heavily, though the sword didn’t have quite as much magic energy as the other one did. (5 damage)
(Spell Roll: 30): A final sword comes flying overhead towards the leader, grazing his armor. He managed to dodge it. Barely. (Miss)

Hamster: (22)
I figure that we should attack them now. I aim my Longbow at one of the New Recruits, pull the string, and send the arrow on its (hopefully successful) journey.
(Roll: 54): The arrow flies successfully hitting New Recruit A in the shoulder. (7 damage) The recruit falls over from the blow and promptly dies.

Mozy: (18)
I load in 2 Sonic Slugs to my shotgun (14)

You fumble with your ammo trying to load it into the shotgun, scared by the thought that the leader will reach you. I mean he dodged a sword!!!
Note: The roll above means nothing, it was just for some text flavor.

Recruit Leader: (12)
The leader, seeing the death of an ally rushes towards you in a fit of rage. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out an explosive, a big firecracker, lighting it on fire and hurling it at you. The firecracker lands next to you and explodes.
(Item Roll: 43)
BloodyRanious attempts to move out of the way but doesn’t succeed and takes (1 fire damage.), it’s a good thing he wasn’t directly next to it.
(Item Roll: 29)
hamuka starts sprinting to escape the blast of the firecracker, but he wasn’t quite quick enough and gets scorched for (3 fire damage)
(Item Roll: 50)
Mozy takes a big hit from the explosion resulting in his leg being burned for (3 fire damage)

New Recruit B: (10)
New recruit B stands up after taking such a big hit from BloodyRanious’es spell and rushes over to help the leader. Now they’re just 10 feet away from your home!

BloodyRanious the Cleaver – (Hp: 13/14) (Mp: 5/10)
Hamster – (Hp: 11/14) Ammo: 25 arrows
Mozy – (Hp: 8/11) (Mp: 5/10), Shotgun (2 Sonic Shells) Ammo: 16 bullets, 3 shells, 6 slugs, 1 Sonic Slug

VS.

New Recruit A – (Hp: 0/0) Dead (Most damage dealt by hamuka)
New Recruit B – (Hp: 5/10) 10 ft.
Recruit Leader – (Hp: 15/15 10 ft.

Flag Post

(QUICK! Did I actually get the ammo loaded?)
I pump the shotgun and aim it straight at the leader-then I fire.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thelolofdeath:

(QUICK! Did I actually get the ammo loaded?)
I pump the shotgun and aim it straight at the leader-then I fire.

Yeah you did. The roll was just for flavor text.

Flag Post

Ah.
I just fire at the leader with a Sonic Slug.

Flag Post

Ah.
I just fire at the leader with a Sonic Slug.

Alright, Also what’d you think of the firecracker? :D

Flag Post

I think ouch. (Also,how the heck did Bloody take less damage than me despite the fact I rolled higher than him?)

Flag Post

I think ouch. (Also,how the heck did Bloody take less damage than me despite the fact I rolled higher than him?)

Well the item was rolling, so the higher the number the better the item works, and that was actually only accuracy. There was a damage roll that was done and you and hamuka both managed to get unlucky.

Note: Also the reason hamuka didn’t dodge it (he should’ve been able to but didn’t) was because the item had a fixed accuracy. (area attacks that engulf an area with no space to dodge tend to do this) and a fixed accuracy means it can’t be tampered with. (this excludes certain skills/creatures that can bypass this rule)

Flag Post

Oh. It’s only 3 damage,I’l live.