[Mafia] Salem's Lot (Post-game: Villagers and Time Travelers Win) (locked)

300 posts

Flag Post

Hey there! Welcome to SALEM’S LOT, a mafia game based around the Salem Witch Trials, which took place between 1692 and 1693 in colonial Massachusetts. Please note that this merely provides a setting and flavor; it is at best loosely based on the actual historical events, and I will be taking great liberties with the setting.

(It also has nothing to do with Arthur Miller’s The Crucible, nor Stephen King’s ’Salem’s Lot. You cannot metagame me that easily, nice try, etc. etc.)

This is a closed mafia game; you will not be advised in advance of the roles used, alignment distributions, or any other structural information. The only information you will be provided is your own alignment, role, abilities, and win conditions via private message.

Every time a player dies, their alignment and role will be revealed. Their abilities will NOT be revealed. There are no totally vanilla roles in this game. I will also state here that there are no post restrictions in this game, nor any abilities which cause post restrictions.

All roles are custom-designed; several will resemble normal mafia game roles, but will be given a period-appropriate name. Others are amalgamations of several mafia game concepts, and it will be up to you to figure out how to use those abilities to the greatest possible advantage of your team.

Flag Post

RULES (These are more like actual rules than guidelines; I suggest you follow them)

1. Please show respect to your fellow players. Remember that this game represents a commitment; do not betray your team or otherwise mess the game up if you get lynched. As Dr. Peter Venkman once said, “My friend, don’t be a jerk.”

2. Do not reveal information I ask you to keep private.

3. Do not post after a day ends. After you die, you may make one “bah” post. Dying sucks, so feel free to ham it up in said post if you wish. DO NOT reveal anything about yourself, your investigations, or anything actually related to the game in this post.

4. Votes, unvotes, extension requests, and other day actions should be bolded and bracketed. For example, [Vote: Walrus], [Unvote: Iguana], [Daykill: LCeayr-Spaghetto], [Hail: Sven]. You may vote no lynch if you wish, with the formula [Vote: No Lynch].

5. As a courtesy to your fellow players, you may also wish to bold PoS, FoS, and the like, although since these have no mechanical effect this is not strictly required.

6. You are not allowed to edit or delete your posts. If you type something accidentally, or forget to add something, or accidentally break formatting, just make another post.

7. Lynches will be determined by majority vote (a player is “hammered” when he is voted for by more than half of all remaining players). This ends the day immediately.

8. If no player has received a majority vote by the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be lynched, even if that player has not received a majority. If there is a tie at the end of the day greater than zero votes cast, it will be resolved against the player who received his or her votes first. If there are zero votes cast, an automatic No Lynch will occur.

7. You may not play with more than one account.

8. Any players who may communicate with other players can do so without limitation in both day and night, unless I specify otherwise. If you are a member of a faction that can communicate, I recommend creating a private chat (via something like chatzy) for your conversations.

9. Absolutely do not communicate with any other players regarding this game if you do not have the ability to communicate with them.

10. Day Phases will last 96 hours (4 days). Night Phases will last either 24 or 48 hours; please state your preference when you sign.

11. Reserve players are accepted and encouraged; feel free to reserve sign if you do not get one of the beginning slots.

12. I reserve the right to change or elaborate on any of these rules at any time. You will be notified if a rule is changed.

13. Players who break these rules will be punished at my discretion. Possible penalties include warnings, modkills, player replacements, and in-game rebalancing. Please do everyone a favor and don’t break the rules.

Flag Post

PLAYER LIST

1. SilentSand Conjurer (coven), LYNCHED on Day 2
2. Behemoth542
3. DragonArcherZ
4. Jamuak Seer (coven), NIGHTKILLED on Night 4
5. yiu113
6. Kadleon
7. Woon1957 Alchemist (coven), DAYKILLED on Day 4
8. Pigjr1
9. LouWeed
10. Micron15 Exorcist (town), NIGHTKILLED on Night 3
11. BestMte Judge Executioner (town), NIGHTKILLED on Night 2
12. EEESMAN2424
13. myhome16 Exterminator (android), LYNCHED on Day 4
14. thelolofdeath Governor (town), DAYKILLED on Day 1
15. S_98 Woodsman (town), LYNCHED on Day 1

(The players have voted for nights to last 48 hours.)
(All players have confirmed or posted.)

Pigjr1 replaced Taiboss on Day 2.
Kadleon replaced walfordking on Day 3.
BLOODYRAIN10001 replaced Bluji at the end of Day 3.
EEESMAN2424 replaced BLOODYRAIN10001 on Day 4.

Reserves: (none currently)

Flag Post

POST-GAME INFORMATION

Winners: Village and Time Travelers

Full alignment, role, and ability information can be found HERE.

Thanks again to adv0catus for reviewing the roles and set-up, and helping me to rebalance the Forensic Investigator role.

Flag Post

sign 48 hours

Flag Post

OH YES, IT’S HERE. OF COURSE I’M IN.

Sign Judge Moth will kill you all

<—- Is actually OK with any night duration

Flag Post

Sign

24 hours if mafia have daytalk – they can talk during day so it shouldn’t need time to talk during night.
48 hours if mafia don’t have daytalk – need time to communicate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Behemoth542:

OH YES, IT’S HERE. OF COURSE I’M IN.

Sign Judge Moth will kill you all

Someone clearly hasn’t read the rules :P

Flag Post

sign
(1 day)

Flag Post

Sign.

DAZ seems to have the good idea, 24 if daytalk, 48 if not.

Flag Post

Sign. 48 hours

Flag Post

Sign. 48 hours

Flag Post

Sign. 48 hours

Flag Post

Sign. 48 hours

Flag Post

Sign because with this many signs already this has got to be good :)

48 hour nights

Flag Post

Sign 24 hours

Flag Post

[Sign: Game]

[Lynch: 48 hours]

Flag Post

Sign

48 hour nights.

Flag Post

Sign 48 hours.

Flag Post

If I don’t sign now, I won’t get a place.
Sign

Edit: Rule 10 always eludes me. Processing two numbers at once is difficult; I always take some time to adjust the transition from 9 to 11, and that may have been lost in transit. Sorry.

I’d say that I want 24 hours if I’m town, 48 if I’m mafia 48 hours. Having 24 hours only allows, at worst, a one-way discussion by mafia.

Flag Post
Originally posted by S_98:

If I don’t sign now, I won’t get a place.
Sign

Psst… you have to put the amount of time that you want nights to be…

Flag Post

Okay, all starting slots are filled, so I’ll start the RNG and distribute your roles. Reserve signs are still encouraged.

Also note that night phases will last 48 hours.

Flag Post

23 February 1692

It was snowing. A silver-scuffed fog scudded in from the bay, shrouding the wooden houses of Salem Town in silent, snowy dimness. Even at this early hour, the villagers were about their chores, churning the new snow into gray mud as they went to their solitary tasks.

One man, staggering under the weight of some burden, chanced to stop by a thick-timbered door. Trembling in the cold, he looked up, and shivered again. Inscribed in night-dark soot on the door was a strange symbol, long engraved on the imaginations of every man, woman, and child in Salem Town. Another villager drifted over, and then another.

As the sky lightened and the fog faded away, it became clear that nearly every building in Salem bore that unholy mark. The wind picked up, a hollow, haunted roar. There, in the woods—was that just the movement of branches, or some specter? And then, a door flew open, and a child staggered out. Her face was contorted, a grotesque visage that, at best, approximated humanity. The girl cried out once, and collapsed in the dirty snow, dead.

The villagers looked to each other, to the people they had called neighbors, friends. Something dark and dire and wholly debased had come to Salem Town. They would destroy it, or perish. And so they moved to the center of town. The Court of Oyer and Terminer was in session.

Day 1 will last 96 hours. It will end December 4 at 3 a.m. EST. Please confirm, and begin.

Flag Post

confirm

Flag Post

Confirm.