[Mafia] Salem's Lot (Post-game: Villagers and Time Travelers Win) page 12 (locked)

300 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pigjr1:
Originally posted by myhome16:

Hey guys, how would you feel of no t killing anyone today?
My win con is, erm, much more likely now, and all I need is for no-one to get lynched today. Please?
Please?

Unvote BLOOODY
Vote No-Lynch

I don’t really like the idea of you killing the physician.

I have a feeling that if we no-lynched, he would do just that, or kill me. He has no reason to give his kill to town.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yiu113:

My win con is, erm, much more likely now, and all I need is for no-one to get lynched today. Please?
Please?

Unvote BLOOODY
Vote No-Lynch

I have a feeling that if we no-lynched, he would do just that, or kill me. He has no reason to give his kill to town.

Not anymore. Not really.
I would’ve given it to you if you had chosen to kill someone that day. But really, when I see my win con, I’m going to go for it.
I was ready to help you for a moment.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yiu113:

Please?

Unvote BLOOODY
Vote No-Lynch

Not anymore. Not really.
I would’ve given it to you if you had chosen to kill someone that day. But really, when I see my win con, I’m going to go for it.
I was ready to help you for a moment.

K. You’re officially a threat to not only me, but also town. You’ve basically declared “I’m going to use my kill on a town member now.”

Vote: Myhome16

I’m not certain who the mafia is, but we do know one person that’s decided he wanted to be anti-town.

Flag Post

[Unvote] [Vote: Myhome16]. Yiu still has her nightkill, so we can always take the next target out quickly

Flag Post

Now, the question is, who will the next target be? I believe I’ve read up to know that either me or Jamuak are witches, correct? If so, then Jamuak is our next target. Does anyone need proof? It can happen tonight.

Flag Post

Oh, and [Vote: myhome]. Your anti-town ness hinders us.

Flag Post

So, one witch left. Either EEESMAN or Jamuak. Not sure at this point if EEESMAN or myhome cops a lynch today. Possibilites:
- We lynch EEESMAN, who turns out to be a witch. Game over.
- We lynch EEESMAN, who turns out not to be a witch. Remaining witch will probably kill pig, while myhome kills Kad. Witch is probably Jamuak, who we lynch tomorrow. Probably game over then.
- We lynch myhome. Witches still have to kill Kad before killing the pig, so pig will have investigated EEESMAN or Jamuak, we lynch according to the result, probably we get the witch tomorrow.

Yeah, my vote stays on EEESMAN because of the higher chance of game over today. I understand why behemoth, yiu and myhome would choose not to vote for EEESMAN, but I don’t get why EEESMAN doesn’t vote for Jamuak. If you’re not the witch, then he is. If we lynch the witch today, it doesn’t matter what myhome does tonight. And what’s this ‘proof’ you speak of? Sounds like bullshit. Town’s best vote at this point is for either EEESMAN or Jamuak, let’s finish this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

So, one witch left. Either EEESMAN or Jamuak. Not sure at this point if EEESMAN or myhome cops a lynch today. Possibilites:
- We lynch EEESMAN, who turns out to be a witch. Game over.
- We lynch EEESMAN, who turns out not to be a witch. Remaining witch will probably kill pig, while myhome kills Kad. Witch is probably Jamuak, who we lynch tomorrow. Probably game over then.
- We lynch myhome. Witches still have to kill Kad before killing the pig, so pig will have investigated EEESMAN or Jamuak, we lynch according to the result, probably we get the witch tomorrow.

Yeah, my vote stays on EEESMAN because of the higher chance of game over today. I understand why behemoth, yiu and myhome would choose not to vote for EEESMAN, but I don’t get why EEESMAN doesn’t vote for Jamuak. If you’re not the witch, then he is. If we lynch the witch today, it doesn’t matter what myhome does tonight. And what’s this ‘proof’ you speak of? Sounds like bullshit. Town’s best vote at this point is for either EEESMAN or Jamuak, let’s finish this.

You are forgetting the Time Traveler’s Black-Ops Night-Kill

Flag Post

Since we’re helping the time travellers with their win condition, it’d be extremely helpful if they return the favor and help us kill one of the suspected witches. I’d also like to say that the Physician is not exactly what you all are making it out to be.. I won’t be revealing the exact extent of it.

Also, I really feel tired these days due to sickness, so I am going to not post anything “heavy”, but I will speak out if something is happening which I think is dumb. myhome16 took probably the most TIish (T stands for Thirdparty) approach I’ve ever seen, which is good for us, because if he had tried to manipulate us, we might’ve well have been done for.

Flag Post

EBWOP: Also, if you’re a confirmed townie, speak up. It’s helpful to know a known townie’s thoughts on each matter.

Flag Post

So, I’ve been busy; I’ll add the End of Day 4 flavor tomorrow.

Final vote totals are:

myhome16— 3 (yiu113, Behemoth542, EEESMAN2424)
EEESMAN2424— 2 (LouWeed, Jamuak)
No Lynch— 1 (myhome16)

The day is over (although you’ll have to wait for the flavor tomorrow for specifics on the myhome lynch). You may begin sending me night actions, although you may wish to wait for the flavor.

Because people may be busy on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, this will be an extended night phase, which will last 84 hours, and end December 26, 2 pm EST.

Flag Post

26 February 1692

Something happened. Time lost and time not yet come contorted in the gyre of Salem Town; in that crucible of forgotten moments, the past and the future pressed in on the villagers, heavier than stone. And with secret words, time-tempered apocrypha, the town reevaluated. And yet, still they could not agree.

Amidst that discord, some voices sounded out louder than others. And as the storm continued to batter that small, cringing village, washing out earth and blood, they at last selected one of their number, to destroy as a witch. He was seized and taken to the gallows; unlike the others, he did not resist. With eerie calm, he stood silently as the rope was drawn about his neck. And then he fell.

And yet did he live. His eyes burned devil-red, embers that spoke of fire and brimstone and perdition, lights into darkness. He hung there still, as the rain fell about him, staring at the now terrified townsfolk.

And then he was struck by lightning.

That surge sizzled through him, sudden incandescence that blistered his body, flayed his suddenly smoking flesh. The burning rope snapped, and he fell to the ground, still smoking, writhing in the twilight. The rain seemed only to intensify his thrashing, electric agony, as he blazed out his inscrutable life in the rain. At last he fell still, the red-lit eyes dimming and finally dying. As they gathered about him, they saw nothing but cold steel and wire, the remains of something more machine than man. And as that metal pile lay glinting in the rain, consigned at last to rust away, they knew they had destroyed some fiend or imp or devil, come to beguile them.

But not a witch.

Myhome16 has been lynched. He was the Exterminator, an Android from some other time.

As announced yesterday, Night 4 has started, and it will still end December 26 at 2 pm EST.

Flag Post

You know what might be fun?
If the mafia take pity on me.

Anyways, the obligatory bahs:
BBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM
BBBBBBBBBBBUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGG

Flag Post

27 January 1692

There was a desperation about the dark. Every shadow felt harried, the cloak of night thin, vague, tenuous. The rain had stopped, and the moon shone bright overhead, casting the iron hard earth below in luminous, milky fire.

That night passed quickly. But as dawn approached, a sharp retort sounded out, echoing in the village. The good townsfolk of Salem rushed to the heart of town. There lay one of their own, clutching a thick, leather-bound volume, full of strange designs and incantations. A glass orb had fallen to the ground, shattered into a million pieces. And as they stared at that dying figure, a hole smoking in its chest, it seemed to waver like water. And like water, it came apart, flowing outward and away, sinking into the cold earth. That ground grew dark, tainted.

And then it was over.

As the sun climbed over the horizon, warming the earth with its fire, a change came over Salem Town. That unspoken oppression lifted, heavy hearts freed of their burdens.

It was a clear day. Birds were singing, and the sky was intense blue. The people of Salem wandered through the town, their expressions uplifted, joyous. The new day had come at last, the darkness washed away.

[500 YEARS LATER]

The Temporal/Emergent Transrupter, dim and dormant for several days, began to whirr. The Facility, shielded from the outside world to prevent a paradox, lit up like a star, blindingly white. The outputs on the monitor in Mission Control suddenly—impossibly—changed, projections and observations inconsistent with known physics. And then the entire universe stretched, everted. What was, was not; what wasn’t, was.

The sealed chamber unlocked from the inside, and a man and a woman walked out.

“General,” one of them reported. “All mission parameters have been fulfilled.” She paused. “So…how did things turn out?”

“Take a look for yourselves.”

The landscape of the North American Union was dramatically transformed. The wasteland outside, so long ravaged by the Contagion, had vanished. Where once there had been rust and decay and smog and quivering, slimy biological refuse, all tentacles and shambling, shambolic movement, now there were gleaming silver cities, pristine pine forests, clear blue water.

Mission complete.

The game is over. Jamuak, the final member of the coven, has been nightkilled. Villagers win.

Additionally, with the deaths of the Governor, Conjurer, and Exterminator, and the survival of the Physician, the Time Travelers have also achieved their win condition.

Detailed post-game comments, thoughts, and explanations are on their way. As the game is now complete, you may discuss all topics freely. I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on the game, and any constructive criticism you may have. I’ll also be answering any questions about the game you may have.

Flag Post

Good game, good work townies.

Here is the witches discussion throughout the game.

Flag Post

Wow. My witch detector is completely fucked. First I save Sand from a day 1 lynching, and then I award Jamuak with my “least likely to be a witch” award. Anyway, thanks android and time travelers, you really helped us out.
Who performed the final night kill?

Flag Post
Originally posted by LouWeed:

Wow. My witch detector is completely fucked. First I save Sand from a day 1 lynching, and then I award Jamuak with my “least likely to be a witch” award. Anyway, thanks android and time travelers, you really helped us out.
Who performed the final night kill?

Yiu did. We discussed about who to kill between EEES and Jamuak. In case the NK failed, I would investigate the other one to see if he was the mafia.

Flag Post

No, hold on! I haven’t posted my bahpost yet. Darn, I was saving it for Endgame.

Flag Post

I’m happy with this ending. Now I don’t have to find some ridiculous way to frame somebody and swear I’m not a witch, and that’s assuming I didn’t get investigated. I was gonna start something like.
“Ok, well I fully expect to get lynched today as it would be the logical thing to do, but since I know for myself that I’m not a witch, I’ll at least try and avoid it. Let’s look at _________”

Flag Post

Thank you all for assuming that I couldn’t self-protect, really made the mafia go in that direction and helped us win :-D

Flag Post

For what it’s worth, the mafia did attack Kadleon last night, and Kad did self-protect. However, Kad could only self-protect once, so had the game reached Night 5 (unlikely, but still), he would not have been able to do so again.

There were four factions: Villagers, Coven, Time Travelers, and Android. The Villagers and Coven were the town and mafia, obviously.

The Time Travelers and Android were third party factions with very specific win conditions. The Time Travelers needed to kill both the Governor and the Conjurer (and at least one of them by lynch). They also needed at least one of the either the Physician or the Alchemist to survive. The Android had the opposite win condition: if the Time Travelers failed either mission, he won.

The Time Travelers could have simplified the first condition by killing the Exterminator (the only member of the Android faction). If the Exterminator was killed, the lynch condition to part 1 was removed: it didn’t matter how the Governor and Conjurer were killed, so long as both died. Although the Exterminator was lynched near the end of the game, it didn’t matter since the Conjurer had already died via lynch.

The overall role distribution was 9 Villagers, 3 Coven, 2 Time Travelers, 1 Android. The roles were as follows:

VILLAGE:

Governor – May pardon one player (canceling their lynch for the day).

Inquisitor – Investigates alignment only.

Judge Executioner – Has a one-shot daykill.

Exorcist – Can counteract all spirits summoned by the conjurer. In order to do this, must target the conjurer’s target on any given night. Immune to spirits.

Blacksmith – Can send another player a weapon, which allows either a one-shot daykill or a one-shot nightkill. Can send another player a tool, which allows either a one shot protect or a one-shot investigate. Could not send items to himself.

Minister – Immune to spirits. Twice, may preach to one player, informing the other player of the minister’s alignment and job. A short message could be included with each sermon.

Physician – Can counteract nightkills (except the Exterminator’s). Could target himself only once the entire game.

Farmer – Twice, can anonymously send one piece of food to another player (which has no effect).

Woodsman – Twice, can track one player to see who they target.

COVEN:

These were a bit more complicated. All three Coven members had fairly complicated ability sets. However, one of them in particular had to send the nightkill, which prevented that witch from using their special abilities that night. When only one witch was left, he would have to decide between the nightkill and the special abilities altogether.

Conjurer – Can call upon the dark spirits, summoning one spirit each night.

Spirit 1: Gozer. Causes a roleblock. Gozer can be summoned two times during the course of the game.

Spirit 2: Las Plagas. Reanimates a dead player for one night, giving access to their ability. If their abilities have been entirely used up, this spell will have no effect. Usable only once the entire game.

Spirit 3: Samara. Strikes a player with lethal fear, causing one of the following effects at random: (a) nightkill, (b) roleblock, (c) no vote on the following day (they can still discuss though), (d) nothing. Usable only once the entire game.

Alchemist – During the game, can create and use three potions. No more than one potion can be used per night, and each potion can only be used once. The three potions are:

1. Draught of Identity. Could only be used on Coven members (in this game, Woon, Sand, and Jamuak). For the duration of the night it is used, it will cause a Coven member to be investigated as Town.

2. Mystical Elixir. This can be used on any player. It will have one of three effects at random: it will either (1) protect the drinker (for that night) against a nightkill, (2) roleblock the drinker, or (3) cause the drinker to be “enlightened”—providing the name and abilities of one role, but not the player who possesses that role.

3. Love Potion. This can be used on any player. The effects of the potion last the night it is used, the next day, the next night, and the day after that (2 full night-day cycles). The target of the potion will fall in love with another player (selected by RNG, although the Alchemist will be informed of the identity of the second player). If the second player is lynched or killed by a means other than the Coven group nightkill during that period, the Love Potion drinker will immediately commit suicide.

Seer – Each night that the Seer remains alive, he will have a vision that reveals the abilities associated with one random role. The seer has no control over what role vision they receive (RNG determined).

Additionally, the Seer has an active power. Four times during the game (no more than once per night), he can investigate a player to learn the name of their role (but not its abilities).

TIME TRAVELERS:

Forensic Investigator – Each night, can investigate one player, and learn their full information (alignment, role, abilities, win condition). RNG determines how much of that info (0-4) they get.

Black Ops – Has a one shot night-kill. Has a one-shot tracker ability.

ANDROID:

Exterminator – Has a one-shot unblockable nightkill. Also has a one-shot immunity to witch nightkill (not to special night kills like Samara, Black Ops, or Lochaber Axe). The immunity must be selected on a given night; it does not automatically activate.

Both of these abilities could be used on the same night if the Exterminator wished.

Flag Post

Woo, pure luck.

GG guys.

Flag Post

Anyway, I’ll be closing this thread in the next 24 hours, at which time I’ll award the town and time travelers wins in the master thread (by the way, what is procedure regarding replaced players?). If you have any remaining questions, I’d like to hear them.

I’m considering running this game again in the future (obviously open this time, unless I change the set-up dramatically), so I’d be curious to hear how you guys feel about the balancing, now that all roles have been revealed.

Flag Post

I felt like the game was very balanced, actually, Prec. Ivwould kind of like to see a thing where the Farmers are actually useful pther than being town members. Maybe something where the village starts to starve after they die? That’s always fun.

Flag Post

Okay, I’m going to officially close this then. I hope you all enjoyed it. :)