Variable Votes Double Dethy [Day 1]

45 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for lock.

Flag Post

Welcome to Variable Votes Double Dethy!

This is an open setup game with 10 players and no-sanity reveal on cops. There’s two major game dynamics in play, so I will explain both of them:

Variable Votes

Each player starts with 3 votes and will send a vote to another player each Night. Depending on how many votes you have (votes will be publicly displayed at all times) determines how many votes you will be sending each Night.

1 vote = 0 sent per Night
2-3 votes = 1 sent per Night
4-6 votes = 2 sent per Night
7+ votes = 3 sent per Night

If you don’t send in your vote target during a Night, RNG will determine who you send your vote to. When someone is killed, their votes will be lost with them. During the Night (for simplicity), if you send your vote(s) to someone that is being killed, your vote(s) will be lost with them. Any vote(s) that the person being killed sends that Night will be considered valid.

The formula for lynching is as follows:

(num of total votes / 2) + 1 = num of votes for lynch

Double Dethy

The name says it all, all roles have been doubled:

2 Sane Cops
2 Naive Cops
2 Paranoid Cops
2 Insane Cops
2 Scum

The scum are not aligned together, they were seperate. As a result, some conditions have been placed on them:

1. They are aware of who the other Scum is.
2. They may not communicate outside the thread with the other Scum, period.
3. They may not Night-kill the other Scum.
4. They are not allowed to make any hint towards Town about who the other Scum is. I will be monitoring for this very closely, and have no tolerance.
5. If both Scum end-game each other, they lose.

Due to the logical nature of Dethy, and the Variable Votes aspect, I feel very comfortable mandating a majority vote lynch for this game. If that’s not something you’re comfortable with, please refrain from signing up. As well, as previously stated, there’s no-sanity reveal in effect.

Flag Post

Players:

1. CYrusmaster [ 3 ]
2. myhome16 [ 3 ]
3. BLOODYRAIN10001 [ 3 ]
4. TwistedCakez [ 3 ]
5. Woon1957 [ 3 ]
6. BestMte [ 3 ]
7. sarothat410 [ 3 ]
8. thelolofdeath [ 3 ]
9. Jamuak [ 3 ]
10. LouWeed [ 3 ]

Reserves:

Flag Post

Sign = Swag in Gnomes names

Flag Post

Well, it looks interesting, but I shall not be signing.

Flag Post

I sign, but I would like a bit more explanation on the variable votes.

Do you vote someone during the night, or do you give them a vote?
Do you use up a vote when you do [vote: player]? If so, where do more votes come from, since there will be only 30 in the game?
Is it basically the following: 1st vote, 16, 2nd, 8, third 4, fourth, 2?

Flag Post

Before I forget, Day will be approximately 96 hours (with me determining if an extension is going to be given or not) and Night will be 48 hours.

Originally posted by myhome16:

I sign, but I would like a bit more explanation on the variable votes.

Do you vote someone during the night, or do you give them a vote?
Do you use up a vote when you do [vote: player]? If so, where do more votes come from, since there will be only 30 in the game?
Is it basically the following: 1st vote, 16, 2nd, 8, third 4, fourth, 2?

There will be a maximum of 30 votes in the game and that number will decrease as more players are killed/lynched. You’re giving someone your allocated votes per Night, in the form of a Night action. For example, if I have 6 votes and I want to give my votes to you, I’d say that in my Night action. If you have 2 votes and you want to give your vote to me, you’d say that in your Night action. At the start of Day, I’d have 5 votes (6-2+1) and you’d have 3 votes (2-1+2).

Edited to add:

Voting during the Day is the same as in any other game, except that some voters have more ‘power’ then others and can push the lynchee closer to the hammer then others can. It just adds another dynamic to the game, alongside worrying about scum and figuring out the logic behind the results, everyone needs to be aware of who has how many votes and if anyone is closing in on complete vote majority.

Flag Post

So, every vote that you ‘obtain’ lends power to the vote in the day phase?
This game…

Flag Post
Originally posted by myhome16:

So, every vote that you ‘obtain’ lends power to the vote in the day phase?
This game…

Yeah, the main issue I see with it is that, after a few days, there wouldn’t be any more votes in the game. Then, after all the town is dead, scum loses too because two scum endgaming eachother makes the both lose.

Really, unless the town hits both of the scum really lucky, everyone loses. Nobody likes a game with no winners.

Flag Post

In addition to that, why would I have any incentive to give my votes away? What possible reason would I have to do so?

Flag Post
Originally posted by yiu113:

In addition to that, why would I have any incentive to give my votes away? What possible reason would I have to do so?

Scum will be focusing on tricking Town into lynching the other, first. Their priority is to get rid of the other before they start eliminating Town. I admit, it’s a bit of a challenging balance for them, but they’d be foolish to full-force eliminate Town, allowing themselves to be endgame lost.

Vote-passing is mandatory.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post
Originally posted by adv0catus:
Originally posted by yiu113:

Scum will be focusing on tricking Town into lynching the other, first. Their priority is to get rid of the other before they start eliminating Town. I admit, it’s a bit of a challenging balance for them, but they’d be foolish to full-force eliminate Town, allowing themselves to be endgame lost.

Vote-passing is mandatory.

Yes, but they can’t get rid of the other, because of the whole thing of ‘you can’t hint who the other scum is.’

Flag Post

That’s where the manipulation of results part comes in.

Flag Post

I think I got this very wrong, is the number of votes left always decreasing (fast)? So in no time nobody will have any votes left?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lebossle:

I think I got this very wrong, is the number of votes left always decreasing (fast)? So in no time nobody will have any votes left?

Votes are only removed from the total vote pool when someone is killed and only the votes they held (or were given to them that Night, if they died at Night) are removed.

Flag Post

sIgN

Flag Post

*cough*

Flag Post
Originally posted by TwistedCakez:

sIgN

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Sign First dethy, should be fun.

Flag Post

Sign I could go for another dethy.

Flag Post

sign

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

That’s ten. I’ll be sending out roles now. Night 0 will last 48 hours with Cop Head Start. There will be no scum kills tonight and no vote passing.