Assassin on the Speedway - Game Over, Kingdom wins (locked)

68 posts

Flag Post

Story arc: N/A

Assassin on the Speedway

Rules (Thanks to RaceBandit!)
1. Votes, unvotes, and the Assassin’s Assassinate command must be bolded. Example Given: Vote: adv0catus
2. Do not talk about this game outside of this thread or a PM to the Mod.
3. Dead players cannot post in this thread.
4. This game is nightless. Once one day ends, the next will begin immediately.
5. If at least half of the players are voting for the same player, the day will end early. The day-ending vote is referred to as a Hammer, whether the voter knows this or not.
6. If you aren’t a part of this game, please do not post in this thread except to sign up as a reserve.
7. Do not edit or delete your posts. If you need to change or clarify something from a previous post, use an EBWOP (Edit By Way of [Multi-]Post). I will not punish multiposts.
8. If I catch you using an alt to sign multiple accounts up to this game, you will be kicked out and permanently banned from my games. If the game is already running, ejections and/or replacements will happen.
9. If the votals are tied, the first relevant vote will break the tie.
10. If you’re playing, you’re expected to post. I reserve the right to eject or replace lurkers. If you need to be replaced, let me know. If you think another player is being inactive, you may request that I prod them, whether it’s public or private. A modprod will consist of a PM’d reminder that the target player is in this game, as well as a link so no time is wasted in getting back to the thread.
11. Day phases 1 to 4 will last 48 hours (2 IRL days) each. Day 5, if we make it, will last 24 hours (1 IRL day).
12. Do not post any PM from me (THAT MEANS NO SCREENSHOTS!) or quote verbatim from it. If you must mention it, paraphrase.
13. Modkills will be referred to as ejections and can be applied to dead players if I consider it necessary. If you are ejected, your win condition is null and void… simply put, you lose. Repeat offenses can and will result in bans from my future games. If the Assassin is ejected, they don’t get their 24 hour grace period for the kill. (If they’re lynched, they have 24 hours to submit the kill as if they were still alive.)
14. If anyone other than the Assassin inputs the Assassinate command, they will be ejected from the game.
15. If you try to play against your win condition, you are ejected from the game.

All role messages will be minimalistic and will only contain your role — if you’re a Guard, the name of the King as well.

Players
1. adv0catus (Guard, lynched D1)
2. Behemoth542 (Guard, won)
3. BestMte (Guard, lynched D2)
4. sarothat410 (Guard, won)
5. Woon1957 (Guard, won)
6. RaceBandit (King, won)
7. Mysterymason (Assassin, lynched D3)

Reserves
1. yiu113
2. BLOODYRAIN10001

Flag Post

/in

Flag Post

In

Gotta run gotta run

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Me signy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sarothat410:

Me signy.

YOU’RE LUCKY I COULDN’T SLEEP BLUJI YOU SNEAKY BASTARD

Flag Post
ejected from the simulation

You’re keeping the simulation theme, huh.

sign

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:
ejected from the simulation

You’re keeping the simulation theme, huh.

Whoops, let’s fix that.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Role PMs going out, wait for me to re-post before confirming.

Flag Post

Day 1

Day 1 has begun. It will end on Dec 18, 8:07 PM, UTC+2. Please confirm your roles. With 7 alive, 4 to quicklynch.

Win conditions:

King and Guards: The assassin uses their kill on one of the Guards / doesn’t use their kill after being lynched.
Assassin: You use the kill on the King either before or after your (possible) lynch.

Flag Post

Confirm.

I think the best course of action is to randomly lynch until we get the assassin. I volunteer to be a target, as well.

[Vote: BestMte]

Flag Post

Confirm role

No, newbies, the King cannot rely on an Aegislash to save his ass. This assassin is entirely too fast and will fold to King’s Shield.

(Bit of a twist on my usual monologue, isn’t it? Usually I say something that scum can’t do, and here I am ruling out a bullshit King mechanic.

Has me thinking, though… a bigger Assassin game with two indie Assassins, where one ’sin loses if the other scores the kill? Might be interesting… I may have to host that after “The Resistance 2.”)

So, uh, townstrats blatantly stolen from Silknor.

If you’re the Assassin, lynch the king.

Although LyLo still exists at 3P, if the king’s too obvious, a correct lynch won’t save us from defeat.
Treat the King like you would any other player. If you never vote them, the ‘sin can put puzzle pieces together and go kastabbity. Don’t spam votes on them though, because then you risk lynching the king.

I don’t like the idea of random lynching either. It just doesn’t seem like a pro-town strat that would work in any game.

Flag Post

Confirm

I don’t think we should do a random lynch. Let’s wait until someone says something that could indicate their role.

Flag Post

Reserve sign Damn you Bluji games filling uo before I see tgrm.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yiu113:

Reserve sign Damn you Bluji games filling up before I see them.

Flag Post

Why would you tell me that the King is adv0? Now that we know about his role, we can protect him every night and lynch each other to defeat the assassin. I really don’t get this game. So I won’t even bother facing his vote, as you can see adv0, I know you’re the king so I’m a guard.

Flag Post

Confirm

Originally posted by BestMte:

Why would you tell me that the King is adv0? Now that we know about his role, we can protect him every night and lynch each other to defeat the assassin. I really don’t get this game. So I won’t even bother facing his vote, as you can see adv0, I know you’re the king so I’m a guard.

… What?

Flag Post

Actually, the way most of these go is random lynch.

Flag Post

Confirmation

Does it have to be random lynch though? If we can make an informed decision, then why the heck not?

Flag Post

The more information that is made available (via discussion) the more informed of a choice the assassin can make for who they target.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Behemoth542:

Confirm

Originally posted by BestMte:

… What?

…Nothing Vote adv0catus

Flag Post

…so this is a turbo?

I’d hate to see a full-length game.

…oh dammit I screwed up my opening text. The assassin has a lot of PP with which to drain King’s Shield, and then its defenses will plummet and the ‘sin will win. Then again, I was trying to say in the first place that Aegislash was banned from this game… oh dammit I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore.

…oh fuck it.

Vote: BestMte

His plan is horribly flawed; there is no protection from the Assassinate command, lynching all of the guards (or the king) means the Assassin can win and survive, and … yeah, we have to lynch the ’sin, and Best seems so far out of the loop that Rumia would probably say he smells like cloaks and daggers.

Flag Post

Votals

BestMte: 2 (adv0catus, RaceBandit)
adv0catus: 1 (BestMte)

…so this is a turbo?

To be exact, this is approximately as long as your Assassin on the Riftwalker was. I guess, since you mentioned in its rules that the day phases in it were 48 hours each.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

…so this is a turbo?

…oh dammit I screwed up my opening text. The assassin has a lot of PP with which to drain King’s Shield, and then its defenses will plummet and the ‘sin will win. Then again, I was trying to say in the first place that Aegislash was banned from this game… oh dammit I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore.

…oh fuck it.

Vote: BestMte

His plan is horribly flawed; there is no protection from the Assassinate command, lynching all of the guards (or the king) means the Assassin can win and survive, and … yeah, we have to lynch the ’sin, and Best seems so far out of the loop that Rumia would probably say he smells like cloaks and daggers.

That was a gambit but considering that adv0 didn’t follow me, he’s probably the assassin himself, and you’re just a VI following him.