Magicka 1243 Game Thread page 5 (locked)

131 posts

Flag Post

[Sorry, for being very, very lazy ._.
I’ll try to update today, just posting this to tell gamma that his action is invalid, since I guess the bold “boom” made him think it was a different character’s parsing, and he didn’t read after that, which changes the situation where he’d make his action.]
Cisila
She frowns and says “Look, what I’m doing is extremely illegal, so it’d be dangerous for you to come with me.” She then seems to pause for a moment and think of something and then sighs and says “I guess we’re getting that drink earlier then I thought, come with me, but you better not be dead weight.” she then continues walking away, and then stops for a minute and yells yells “It’ll be a 6 mile walk to the next town, you better start walking, or you’ll be left behind!”
[Oh wow, that update was quicker than I thought.]

Flag Post

[Bump. Oh, and I’ll try to update sooner now.]

Flag Post

Cisila

Running up to catch her, I slow my pace to a fast walk afterwards. “Heh. My parents have been hunted down by unknown assailants and I’ve been killing people because I did not like how they act. I don’t think you have to worry about me not being aware of potential danger.” I pause for a moment, thinking that this might not be the best not the end upon. “But that little spectacle there would probably throw anyone off if they were following me.”

Flag Post

Metello
“Hmm… Cakes, Cakes, Cakes… Small cakes? Large cakes? Maybe… Sweet cakes? No. FRUIT CAKES! I’ll make fruit cakes!”

Flag Post

[So sorry for not updating, my internet was out on Sunday and Monday/Part of Tuesday, on Wensday and Thursday I had events to go to, and since Thursday allergies have been hitting me hard; I’ll try to update today or tomorrow. As we speak I am research Fruitcakes.]
[Edit: Also, I know Butter was banned in the 13th century and Cocoa wasn’t common in Europe until the 17th or 18th century, but give me some artistic license here with the fruitcakes.]
[Edit Edit: Tomorrow I’ll be busy at Six Flags, but I’ll try to update anyway.]

Flag Post

Cisila
Night falls as you pass through the countryside, and eventually stumble into a small village, and she leads you to a pub where she orders a couple beers and some bread to eat, and gives the owner some money for a room there [Pubs have been used like hotels before. Disclaimerz.], and then begins eating it, rather silently. She then finishes and says “I’m done, I have a bedroll in my bag, you can use it and sleep on the floor later, we’re in room number 5. You can either mingle with the crowd down here, wander around town, or finish eating and come up, it’s up to you, just keep in mind we’re leaving at noon tomorrow.”
[So….much….fruitcake…….cries ]
Metello
You ready the ingredients for the first fruitcake, wandering around town, gathering them up. Finally, you have your things gathered up for the actual construction of the cake. 90 grams of semisweet chocolate (chopped), 125 grams of toasted and coarsely chopped hazelnuts, 120 grams of toasted and coarsely chopped blanched almonds, 170 grams of candied citrus, a teaspoon of ground cinnamon, a quarter teaspon allspice, 65 grams of all purpose flower, a tablespoon unsweetended cocoa powder, 130 grams of granulated white suger, and 160 milliliters honey. You look back on that one December where your mentor taught you 31 Fruitcakes, thinking it would be good for Christmas. You remember the sweet Panforte he taught you to make, a Christmas fruitcake from Sienna Italy, chocolaty and good. You concentrate a second, it all coming back to you. You say aloud “Butter and line an 20 centimeter tart pan with edible rice paper.” as you grab the butter and rice paper that you set up earlier in the booth. You then set a fire on a stove, and put your chocolate in a bowl placed over a saucepan of water simmered on the “oven”. You then grimace when you look at this brick and tile machine you had to make for it earlier, back onto the few hours it took you, told it was required for the recipe. Your master called it an “Oven”, but you never heard of it before that. You light a fire in the lower part of it. After it melts, you set it aside, and then get a large bowl where you combine the nuts, candied fruit, spices, flour, and cocoa powder. You then get another saucepan, where you stir together the suger and honey. You place it over a moderate heat, and wait until it boils, stirring it round and round until the sugar dissolves. You stare at it for quite a bit, and then you reckon it reached 240 degrees, and take it off heat. You then grab the melted chocolate and the sugar/honey micture into the chopped nuts and fruits. It stiff ends quickly, and you grab a pan to dump it into before that happens. You grab a spoon, and using the back begin spreading the Panforte across the pan, smoothing the top. You then light the fire to what you reckon is 300 degrees, and shove it in there for half an hour, preparing the ingredients for the rest of the fruitcakes as it cooks. After that, you put out the fire, and then get the Panforte from the “oven”, and shove it on a wire rack where you dust the top with confectioners sugar. You then grab a knife and slice it thinly, as it is quite rich. As you finish your cake, you see a commotion across the fair, as the streets are ran through by three bandits, apparently who frequent the area. They begin whisking by stalls and robbing them of their goodies. What shall you do, attempt to defend your delicious Panforte, or give it up to these ruffians?

Flag Post

Cisila

Pushing the chair back, it makes a gratting sound across the hard, wooden floor. “I perfer not to wander in the dark, nor socialize with drunkards.” I speak seriously before grabbing my pack. “The floor is good for me, anyways. Beats the wet earth.” Slinging the pack over my shoulder, I proceed to observe the rambunctious crowd. “Yeah… Sleeping would be preferable right now, anyways, compared to the alternatives.”

Flag Post

Cisila
She looks at you and says “Ok then, follow me.” and you follow her up the stairs, and into the room. It has a dresser, bed, and a nightstand, but is pretty bare. She hands you a roll of cloth filled with wool, and shows you a spot on the floor, and then promptly begins sleeping. You lie there for awhile thinking, but fall asleep eventually, and then you wake up in the morning, and she’s gone, a note lying on her pillow saying “Left to stock up on supplies, be back by noon.” You start wondering what you should do while she’s on.

Flag Post

Bump

Flag Post
Originally posted by BLOODYRAIN10001:

Bump

Flag Post

Azorel Namor
Struggling to my feet I stumble and almost fall down due to my leg being injured so badly. I channel some more mana into my legs to strengthen them a bit. I can’t let these people die, I can’t let them die because of me. These thoughts played out through my head over and over again dulling the pain a little. I had to save them, I would not be the one to hold them back, and I would not be one to watch them die. A small trickle of locked up power started to flow throughout my body before quickly coming to a stop. It’s now or never.

Dashing forward to the group I charge at the tall puppet and attempt to kick unleash a couple of kicks at his torso (with my good leg)

Flag Post

Cisila

The light of morning. The rich could be drinking right now… but workers on errands might be out, so that may also be a pretty good chance to gain some more money. Pulling out my guitarra, I put on a few of my daggers for protection, one hip and both legs, but leave my sword, bow and additional dagger with my pack in the corner of the room.

Leaving the room, a thought struck and I quickly double back, bury the Grimoire deep into the bag. Leaving this time, I exit the pub and walk amoung the buildings, looking at them before trying to find a suitable place to play.

Flag Post

Azorel Namor
You kick the puppet, but not before seeing a large piece of metal shoot out from both it’s hands, with several holes in it, which swords popping out through it. You get knocked down upon attempting to kick it, and feel like you’re bleeding from your foot. The puppet is quickly netted by the men, and then they end up detonating it with another small explosive. You struggle up and end up sitting down in the cave to rest, hearing some cursing from nearby, and the sound of somebody packing up equipment getting ready to retreat from the battle who clearly lost.
Cisila
You begin playing near the Marina, and over the course of a few hours have small coins dropped into your case, about $50 worth. You then stumble off the ground, but hear some screaming from the marina, and a bright glow around the corner.

Flag Post

Bump

Flag Post
Originally posted by BLOODYRAIN10001:

Bump

Flag Post

(Sorry.)

Cisila

Picking up the case, I turn my attention to the harbour. Running, I approach the scene and decide to observe it first before running in. Going into a nearby alley, I put my back to a nearby wall so I am not as easily seen, I peek out.

Flag Post

Azorel Namor

Slowly standing up I slowly make my way towards the cursing voice. Just what was going on exactly? Every other steps hurt and I think I may have hurt myself pretty bad, but still I was curious what exactly was going on. I also had to thank that one female who helped me earlier.

Flag Post

Cisila
You cough, as a bit of smoke enters your lungs, and find that the docks are on heavy fire, and that bandits seem to have invaded the area. You can see them killing men, pillaging stores near the sea front, and you can see them kidnapping women and children. You’re can’t see Joan anywhere, and you doubt she’s here, as there would be a commotion.
Azorel
You stumble through the door that was in the cave, and up the steps to the top of the little gully, where you find a man in camouflaged clothes, packing up items, random parts for mechanics, and string. He sees you and mutters something over his breath and begins to back away.

Flag Post

Bump

Flag Post

Azorel Namor

Noticing the man packing up string and gears I start to get angry. “You…, are you who they call the puppeteer? The one who stole from Pisa, and the one who harmed the guards outside with your fancy contraptions?” I shout angrily, prepared to knock him out as I slowly advance towards him.

Flag Post

Cisila

Smoke…

My mind races as I try to think. Animal. It could fly in the smoke, possibly. With a flourish, I send out my hand and create a seagull (200 Mana) and order it to charge at one of the bandits while I pull out my knife, still keeping up against the wall.

(3950 Mana)

Flag Post

Azorel
The man looks at you, and then frowns, but then sees your injured leg, smirks, and begins to run away along the gorge path. Luckily, he slips on some loose rocks on the side, and falls down there. You hear screaming, and then a splat as he falls. You wander down there, and then see the part from before gathered around, and the women who propositioned it walking up to you. She says “Thank you for your help with this. I would have a talk with you, but seeing as my men are injured, and there are things to do here, I’ll just tell you for now that I’ll have your money for this in two days, at the Pigs-Head inn in the nearby village of Janesworth; it’s about half a mile from here. I’ll meet you there then, and maybe we can have a drink. For now I have things to do; You go rest up.”
Cisila
You release the seagull, and see it knock a bandit off a horse nearby. The horse then whinnies, and stomps the bandits face in, smashing his skull. Two other bandits nearby seem to be angered, and start shooting arrows at the seagull, one of them eventually hitting his wing, and you can see the seagull start falling, eventually flying into an open window on a burning building. You then see the two bandits take their attention off the seagull, and see if the bandit on the horse is still alive. You count up the bandits, and see about 20 in total. You see some man yell “Run, they’ll kill us all!” to you, as he flees from the area.

Flag Post

Cough
Mutters something about TwistedCakez…

Flag Post

Cisila

Okay… They have bows… And numbers… Leaning back against the wall, I start to sing a song, nothing in particular, but rather attract some of their attention and see if they really care to react.

While singing, I summon a wolf (500 Mana) beside me with a yet another flourish along with keeping out the knife.

(3450 Mana)

Flag Post

Azorel Namor
“Alright I’ll see you there. Bye.” I told her whilst waving. I continued to walk on home holding my leg. Man, these guys really got me good. I can’t believe how much of a fight they put up. Hopefully that’ll keep some of the bandits away from Pisa. The Puppeteer is a strong fighter after all, I’d be surprised if not a single group packed up and left after that battle. A few hours passed and Azorel had finally reached his home, and headed off to sleep to heal his wounds.

2 days or resting later

Alright then, today was the big day, to meet up with the girl from before who had helped me defeat the Puppeteer. Pigs-Head inn was it? Looking around the small village of Janesworth I found the Inn and entered searching for the girl. Unable to find her I sat at an empty table awaiting her arrival. I had probably just came early after all.