Famished [Game] Morning Phase Day 3 (Updated)

193 posts

Flag Post

r4l

Flag Post

For years, rumors had been spread that the research laboratory in [REDACTED] had been secretly experimenting on animals, humans, alien life forms, and [REDACTED] found in the wreckage of wrecked Ufos. To most people, this was dismissed as the idea was too outlandish to possibly be true. Aliens didn’t exist, animals weren’t being bred for war, and humans definitely didn’t have their genes altered in order to create an “ascended” race. Yet despite this more and more sightings of strange creatures seemed to pop up out of nowhere, supporting the theory even more. Eventually strange clouds were sighted up in the air. Red, green, orange, purple, you name it. Plants started to rot and animals seemed to become more aggressive. In fact, even some humans became outright “crazy” and riots seemed to break out for no apparent reason.
And that wasn’t the worst part. After about 1 year of all this, a particularly bad hurricane hit. Practically all of the buildings were destroyed, or unstable. Everyone had to move out into the wilderness as the buildings were now unfit to live in. The only one that happened to survive the impact was the research station, although even it didn’t resist all the effects of the storm. A particularly large street lamp had impaled itself into one of the bullet proof windows shattering it completely. To make matters even worse, the panic of the hurricane had cut off the power long enough to make containment of the monsters inside impossible. It was only a matter of time until the back-up generator ceased to function. The humans waited for a rescue helicopter or airplane of some kind, but were disturbed to find that none had come after a couple days. Were they forgotten? Were they excluded from their homeland? The people looked up towards the orange cloud above them, as drops of water fell from above. Again more plants had wilted and [REDACTED], and food supplies were starting to become low. Over time some humans left the group in search of food and shelter elsewhere. The reason? They felt like they were being watched…
A few more days passed, and survivors that had run out of luck headed back towards the original campsite. They found corpses of humans, some missing limbs, their faces contorted into twisted screams. Some of them even seemed to have weird growths all over their bodies. The starving survivors broke down. Why was this happening? How were they going to survive now? With tears in their eyes, the remaining survivors walked up to the corpses, and started eating…

Flag Post

Rules

This game in short, is about trying to stave off hunger as you fight off wildlife, mutants, and other players! The long term goal is to be the Last survivor (PvP). Additionally, foods that you eat, gains you bonuses/traits! (Ex. Eat 5 leafy plants> Gains Photosynethesis: Regenerates hp in sun) These traits are leveled up by eating more of the same foods.

Keep a careful eye on you hunger bar, you lose 20 of it each day, the lower it gets, the worse the effects (from having negative rolls to losing hp)

Flag Post

Link to full instructions

Flag Post

Players

*Note, All defense will have a bare mim of one damage unless stated otherwise
*Healing can be accomplished through potions, or eating foods that convert to hp instead of hunger.
*First two traits do not level/change

Players

FelineForumer [Richard] (Level 1 0/20)
(18/18 hp) (83/100 hunger points)

Attack: 1
Defense: 1 (+1)

Traits
Self-Preserving (Lose 3 less hunger each day. +1 defense, -1 atk)
Obsessed with Perfection (-2 on rolls lower than 50), (+4 rolls higher than 50)

Inventory

• Canned Peas (+15 hunger)
  • Noviaba Tribal Light Armor (+1 def, +3 hp,)
    -Battle Cry Wearing this armor imbues you with the strength of a warrior. Your first attack deals 1.5x damage (rounded up) assuming it hits.
  • Stale Bison Meat (+12 hunger)

Behemoth542 [Otto Adamson] (Level 1 0/20)
(15/15 hp) (95/100 hunger points)

Attack: 2
Defense: 0

Traits
Smoker Smoke aura cause nearby players to suffer minor but annoying effects.
Hobo Scavenger +5 on search rolls (involving urban foods and items)

Inventory
Canned Salsa (+15 hunger)

sirwoofy [Zod] (Level 1 0/20)
(10/15 hp) (80/100 hunger points)

Traits
Evolution One less food required to gain traits.
Observant 15% chance to deal 1.5x damage

Inventory
Acidic Spit Monster
5/5 hp, Defense: 0 Accuracy: 75% dodge: 10%
Attack: Acid spit (1 acid damage, ranged, 10% to corrode some items)
Bite: (1 physical damage (50% 1 acidic damage, melee)

• Potato Chips x2 (+5 hunger each)
  • Gatorade (+5 hunger, +5 on next roll if it involves movement)
  • Mini Pretzels x3 (+5 hunger each)

Flag Post

DrOctaganapus2 [Drew] (Level 1 0/20)
(15/15 hp) (86/100 hunger points)

Traits
Dismember 2 + (Unarmed bonus) for every -25% hunger this attack gains one more power. This attack heals drew from half the amount of damage done. Once per day)
Scavenger -10% throw-up chance, +2 hunger points obtained from rotten food.

Inventory

• Jar of Vegemite (+15 hunger, +bad taste - no effect)
  • (Jumbo Pickle Jar (3 rations)+ 6 energy per ration)

Hyped [Toni] (Level 1 5/20)
(12/12 hp) (80/100 hunger points)
Speed: 5%

Traits
Small Can’t carry heavy weapons/items, 15% dodge chance
Late Bloomer Needs 2 extra food to gain trait, +50% stronger/more effective.

Inventory

• Chocolate Toaster Pastry (no frosting - cooked)(+15 hunger)
  • Piece of Cake +5 hunger
  • Beef Jerky (+10)
  • Freeze Dried Cabbage (+18,Never Spoils, must be near water/liquid source to consume. eg. Springwater, Lake, CocaCola)

ZigZagZombie [Zac] (Level 1 7/20)
(13/15 hp) (115/120 hunger points)
Defense: 0 (+1)

Traits

Easily Obese +20 Max hunger bar. -5 on rolls dealing with movement (eg. Fleeing).
Slob +5% encounter chance, +10% enemy nausea chance (+15% if eaten rotten food a day before)

Inventory

• Chitin Plates: +1 def when added to armor.
  • Centipede Legs (x3): +4 energy, can be cooked or thrown as a ranged attack for 1 damage.

Flag Post

Just in case.

You guys can post now!

Flag Post

o.O I wanna post.

Edit: What am I allowed to do?

Flag Post

Arach:
1:EXPLORATION! I MUST EXPLORE THE FOREST! HUZZAH!
2: I wish I had a puppy.
3:I am too happy with my puppy to hit anyone.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sirwoofy:

o.O I wanna post.

Well what would you like to do? Search for food? Weapons? Items? Go hunting? Try to find allies, etc…

Flag Post
Originally posted by sirwoofy:

o.O I wanna post.

Anything you want like in skyraid, however, your hunger is ticking down 20 per day, so I’d suggest finding some food in the early rounds, then when you have a stable food source from stockpiling/farming/traits you are more free to do other actions.

So basically
70% finding food
30% Finding things/exploring to help you (seeds, sword for fighting/various equipment, crafting items, allies, etc)

Also, Post/pm whether you are attacking someone or not for the night phase, this does not take out your day phase action.

Though it is unadvised, successfully killing someone could give you a jump start, and you are free to flee whenever.

In the later rounds, ganging up on someone isn’t necessarily encouraged, but might be necessary to take out opponents that have grown quite scary. However, note that your reward will be divided equally to participating attackers.

Proper Action format

1. Name (bolded)
2. Action
3. Ally actions (if applicable)
4. Attack or not (if attacking, please pm/post who)

Flag Post

1.) Zod
2.) Search frantically for a pet.
3.) N/A
4.) Too early to pick a fight.

Side note: If anyone would like an ally feel free to pm me.

Flag Post

1.) Drew
2.) Explore any abandoned town(s) for food, preferably canned.
3.) N/A
4.) Not yet!

If anyone wants to not get eaten team up, hit me up! :3

Flag Post

Zac
1)Search for food.If he would find a mall or supermarket or a fridge, he would probably start by looking there
2) No pets yet
3) Too early and risky.

Q: Any illustrations coming?

Flag Post

1) Richard

2) Find some nice, heavy object that could be used for protection in the street of the city.

3) N/A

4) No attacking! (… It would be foolhardy. I got a trait that gives negative attack. =P)

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZigZagZombie:

Zac
1)Search for food.If he would find a mall or supermarket or a fridge, he would probably start by looking there
2) No pets yet
3) Too early and risky.

For the night/battle phase? Depends on if anybody gets into a fight or not. Fights are (usually) illustrated and done during the night phase, both pvp and monsters.

Another note: be a bit more specific when “searching for food”

What type of food do you want to search for specifically? (Veggies, fish, corpses etc)

Keep in mind that some foods are more common and therefore easier to find then others. (Eg rotten food more common than fresh meat, in fact, fresh meat is nearly impossible to find unless hunting)

It might be smart to eat similar foods (such as potatoes for example) to build up useful traits. Eating just one potato won’t gain you a trait.

Flag Post
  1. Otto Adamson
  2. Explore for any food or misc item
  3. Nada
  4. Nada de Nada

Flag Post
Originally posted by ilovekirby12:
Originally posted by ZigZagZombie:

Zac
2) No pets yet
3) Too early and risky.

For the night/battle phase? Depends on if anybody gets into a fight or not. Fights are (usually) illustrated and done during the night phase, both pvp and monsters.

Another note: be a bit more specific when “searching for food”

What type of food do you want to search for specifically? (Veggies, fish, corpses etc)

Keep in mind that some foods are more common and therefore easier to find then others. (Eg rotten food more common than fresh meat, in fact, fresh meat is nearly impossible to find unless hunting)

It might be smart to eat similar foods (such as potatoes for example) to build up useful traits. Eating just one potato won’t gain you a trait.

Probably junk food, since its easy to find and would be found in the area he is looking.

Flag Post

1) Toni
2) Search for food, specifically pastries or canned items. Pick up anything I could possibly eat.
3) N/A
4) No

Flag Post

Sidenote: (Did everyone notice they have one item in their inventory?)

Flag Post

1) Sebastion
2) search a garden center in town for anything useful. (Plants, tools ect.)
3) MEEEEEEEEEM! (translation: Nope)
4) NGGHHHHH! (Translation: No)
Q: Does this game have ZigZagZombies rule of:
Q: Can I pester you with endless questions and suggestions?
A: I have nothing agaisn’t it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gammaflux:

Sidenote: (Did everyone notice they have one item in their inventory?)

I did

Flag Post

1) Alex
2) Search for food (specifically, anything canned, but any kind of food will do)
3) Nope
4) Definitely not in this early stage

Flag Post
Originally posted by coolo2011:

1) Alex
2) Search for food (specifically, anything canned, but any kind of food will do)
3) Nope
4) Definitely not in this early stage

Just a note to everyone, canned foods never spoil but are extremely rare Even an amazing roll would grant only a few cans.

Originally posted by wiiwonder:

1) Sebastion
2) search a garden center in town for anything useful. (Plants, tools ect.)
3) MEEEEEEEEEM! (translation: Nope)
4) NGGHHHHH! (Translation: No)
Q: Does this game have ZigZagZombies rule of:
Q: Can I pester you with endless questions and suggestions?
A: I have nothing agaisn’t it.

Yes, you can.

Tip of the day
Invest in cooking traits, items, etc. early on when food is plentiful. Cooking can double a food’s worth, and it will be practically impossible to survive without cooking in later rounds, where food is scarce.

Waiting on gotteraka.

Flag Post

1 Wyatt
2. Search for slightly spoiled to rotten food.
3. n/a
4. nah