Mafia / BuPick / Endgame: iTold u (locked)

253 posts

Flag Post

Hi everyone! Welcome to BuPick! This is a uPick mafia, meaning you get to choose your own role! Wander on for more information about the game~

A uPick mafia is basically a mafia in which you send me a list of roles you want to be, and I’ll make you one of the roles you sent me. In order to account for balance, I may nerf/buff any role, and in some cases even give you a role separate from your list (but it will be similar). Also, I think it’s best if I clear this: No cults are allowed

You need to send me a list of 3 roles. All of these should be from separate alignments (So, one role from town, one role from mafia, and one role from third party). While it is advised you take roles from here, you may also opt to make your own roles (and try to make them balanced).

Here’s an example PM to give a general idea of the format you must PM me the roles in:

1) Vanilla Townie (Town)
Abilities:
/ Vote and talk during the day.

2) Mafia Goon (Mafia)
Abilities:
// Helps decide on the mafia factional kill during the night.

3) Survivor (Third-party)
Abilities:

The win conditions will be decided by me.

Rules

1) Your votes and unvotes must be in bold. Example: [Vote: Kadder]

2) Do not discuss the game outside of the game thread till I specifically tell you that you can.

3) Once you’re dead, you’re dead. You may post a “bah” post which has no information about the game and may not interfere with the game till it has ended.

4) If you’re going to be inactive during night and have a night action, you may send me what you will do that night during the day.

5) Days will last 72 hours and nights will last 48 hours. Extensions of 24 hours may be requested for starting D4. If more than 50% of the players vote for the same person, the day will end there and then with that person lynched.

6) If you’re not part of the game, please do not post in the thread.

7) Editing/Deleting posts is forbidden. If you must make edits, please do so with another post. I will, however, allow edits if they’re made to fix grammatical/formatting errors that were intended in the first place. None of the actual content of the post may be changed

8) Don’t use alts. That’s cheating and uncool.

9) If there’s a tie in votes, person who got the most votes first will die.

10) If you’re not going to have a computer for a period of time, please let me know via a PM.

11) Don’t be inactive too much. You’ll be replaced if you don’t post at least once every ingame day, and if replacements are not available, modkilled.

12) Presenting any kind of copies of private mod messages (pictures, word-to-word copies) is highly prohibited.

13) You may not talk about the game in the thread when it is night. Some off-topicish comments are allowed, however.

(Adapted and Abridged from Bluji’s Balanced Ruleset)

Any breaking of the rules will either get you replaced/modkilled and banned from my next couple games, or get you warned. If you’re warned, your next offence of any rule will get you replaced/modkilled, and banned from my games for a suitable duration of time.

I also reserve the right to change, add or delete any rules as I see fit. If you find a loophole in the rules, please tell me privately.

Flag Post

Player list

(Those who have sent in their PMs have links to their profile)

1. Bluji Endgamed [Role: 3-Shot Post Restrictor; Town]
2. sebba Killed Night 6 [Role: Puffy the Seal (Vanilla Townie); Town]
3. thenewampkit Lynched Day 6 [Role: 2-Shot Vigilante; Town]
4. occooa Lynched Day 4 [Role: Succubus; Town]
5. Helltank Lynched Day 2 [Role: Mafia goon; Mafia]
6. walfordking Killed Night 2 [Role: Jack-of-all-Trades; Town]
7. Pulsaris Killed Night 5 [Role: 2-Shot Rolecop, otherwise Alignment cop; Town]
8. myhome16 Killed Night 3 [Role: Odd night Post Restricting Vengeful Cop; Town]
9. Woon1957 Killed Night 7 [Role: Lyncher; Third Party]
10. adv0catus Lynched Day 3 [Role: Analyst; Mafia]
11. thelolofdeath Modkilled Night 6 [Role: 1-Shot Vice President; Town]
12. sarothat410
13. Minnakht Killed Night 4 [Role: Jailkeeper; Town]
14. djrockstar → BLOODYRAIN10001 Lynched Day 8 [Role: Mason Leader; Town]
15. thijsel → coolo2011 Lynched Day 7 [Role: Deflector; Town]

Reserves

Log

Day 1 ~ No one was lynched.
Night 1 ~ No one was killed.
Day 2 ~ Helltank was lynched. His role was Mafia Goon (Mafia). BLOODYRAIN10001 replaced djrockstar.
Night 2 ~ walfordking was killed. His role was Jack of all Trades (Town).
Day 3 ~ adv0catus was lynched. His role was Analyst (Mafia).
Night 3 ~ myhome16 got killed. His role was Odd Night Post Restricting Vengeful Cop (Town).
Day 4 ~ occooa was lynched. Her role was Succubus (Town).
Night 4 ~ Minnakht was killed. His role was Jailkeeper (Town).
Day 5 ~ No one was lynched.
Night 5 ~ Pulsaris was killed. His role was the 2 Shot rolecop, otherwise Alignment cop (Town).
Day 6 ~ thenewampkit was lynched. His role was 2 Shot Vigilante (Town). coolo2011 replaced thijsel
Night 6 ~ sebba was nightkilled, he was Puffy the Seal [Vanilla Townie] (Town). thelolofdeath was modkilled for inactivity, he was the 1-Shot Vice President (Town).
Day 7 ~ coolo2011 was lynched. His role was Deflector (Town).
Night 7 ~ Woon1957 was nightkilled. Her role was Lyncher (Third Party).
Day 8 ~ BLOODYRAIN10001 was lynched. His role was the Mason Leader (Town).
Endgame ~ Bluji was endgamed, he was the 3 Shot Post Restrictor (Town). sarothat410 wins.

The sign ups will end on 6th April May 2014, 13:30 UTC+5:30.

Just to note, if you sign and don’t send a PM before the sign ups end, I’ll probably end up giving you a lame, run-of-the-mill role, which probably wouldn’t be part of your choices if you had any.

Flag Post

Signsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsign

Flag Post

Sign-oh

PM coming soon!

Flag Post

Sign ed, pmed.

EDIT:

I fully expect no one to abuse it

Edited for lulz.

Host: Is this gonna be role madness?

Flag Post

PM ed. That was totally worth a post.

Flag Post

Sign.

>April 6

Flag Post

Just to note, if you sign and don’t send a PM before the sign ups end, I’ll probably end up giving you a lame, run-of-the-mill role, which probably wouldn’t be part of your choices if you had any.

Also, I am being laxer with the editing rule than the other hosts, so I fully expect no one to abuse it. Please don’t disappoint me :-\

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Sign and I’m thinking of some cool roles. Town and Mafia.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Ding, ding ding ding, sign.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bluji:

Signsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsignsign

Flag Post

/in

I have awesome role ideas.

Flag Post

SWEET. Sign.

Flag Post

For old times’ sake:

signal (3) adj [modif. of F signalé, pp. of signaler to distinguish, fr. OIt segnelare to signal, distinguish, fr. segnale signal, fr. ML signale ] (1641) 1 : distinguished from the ordinary <~ achievement> 2 : used in signaling <~ beacon> syn see NOTICEABLE

Flag Post

Just to be clear, are we allowed to send more than three roles?

I’m not signing until I can come up with at least three roles I’d want to use.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

Just to be clear, are we allowed to send more than three roles?

Afraid not. Sorry :-\

Flag Post

Signing up, will PM shortly.

Flag Post

I notice in PyP mafias a lot of people tend to send in roles they consider overpowered but have no clue how to play. I usually send roles that I’m strong at or enjoy playing.

Flag Post

Two more players! :-\

Flag Post
Originally posted by Helltank:

I notice in PyP mafias a lot of people tend to send in roles they consider overpowered but have no clue how to play. I usually send roles that I’m strong at or enjoy playing.

Considering I’ve hosted five PyPs (Ytivitca 1-4, LoT), I can agree.

Flag Post

Sign

Flag Post

Bah. I need another player and walfordking to send me his roles. I guess I’ll extend the sign up phase by 24 hours, and if still not met, figure out a setup for 14 players :-\

Flag Post

Sign