Forum Games Forum Guidelines page 2 (locked)

227 posts

Flag Post

‘Dreams’ Signups are still in OT…

Flag Post

how many slots are there?

Flag Post
Originally posted by sargentGuy:

how many slots are there?

Read the signups sticky.

Flag Post

you know… some signups have almost noone signed up (mine for example) and if somebody have a great game they wanna make, then i think signups should be closed without warning if noone has signed up in X amount of days or something like that… think about it

Flag Post

Would we be able to make Game-related stories?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fogfun:

Would we be able to make Game-related stories?

I’d also like to know.

Flag Post

Right now I’m not exactly sure, but if I had to take a guess it would be a ‘no’. Stories are still, I believe, located in the Off-topic forums.

You can just link to the story from the game thread. I’m not exactly sure what the rules are going to be on stories, but for now keep them in OT.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Marh:

Right now I’m not exactly sure, but if I had to take a guess it would be a ‘no’. Stories are still, I believe, located in the Off-topic forums.

You can just link to the story from the game thread. I’m not exactly sure what the rules are going to be on stories, but for now keep them in OT.

What about Make a story type deals like one person start and another person goes on with the story?

Flag Post

I was wondering about that…

Flag Post
Originally posted by PrivetDonut:
Originally posted by Marh:

What about Make a story type deals like one person start and another person goes on with the story?

It goes to the downhill run of SPAM.
Edit: And idiotic add-ons.

Flag Post

I have a question.

To prevent spam should we make it so posts don’t add to post count? I know they do that at AG (Armor Games) and there forums games system works well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Helkaine2:

I have a question.

To prevent spam should we make it so posts don’t add to post count? I know they do that at AG (Armor Games) and there forums games system works well.

This was discussed and highly debated, yet the admins decided not to implement this. There will always be spam in some way shape or form on forums, so removing post count for posts made in Forum Games is simply useless.

Flag Post

A question: Can we make trivia games?

Flag Post
Originally posted by commie_commander:

A question: Can we make trivia games?

Yes.

Flag Post

I would like to see a rule added to close dead games. If nobody plays a forumgame for more then a week you can safely assume the game is not going to be played anymore and it could just as well be locked. The same would count for impopular signups. If a signup thread exists for over 2 weeks without anybody signing up and without the game being started it could just as well be closed and have the slot released.

Flag Post

I guess you havent read the game sign-ups thread first post.

A game may be closed if it is over a week inactive.

Flag Post

Can I make a game with my alt and a game with my real account at the same time?

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

No, one slot to person.
Don’t be silly enough to even try either. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gevock:

No, one slot to person.
Don’t be silly enough to even try either. :)

I’m not that stupid to do it after asking it… and specially if you’ll ban or silence me…

Flag Post

Can we make stories for our games? Kinda like some BACK STORY for each character or something?

Flag Post
Originally posted by rokun:

Can we make stories for our games? Kinda like some BACK STORY for each character or something?

Yeah, of course you can do that.

Flag Post

No like making a Thread to Post STORIES.

Flag Post

Put the stories in the game thread. If we allow story threads, we have to allow bestiary threads, weapons threads, etc.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gevock:

Put the stories in the game thread. If we allow story threads, we have to allow bestiary threads, weapons threads, etc.

Well could you just allow Beastiary threads? Then lock them?

Flag Post

I think if you wanted a Beastiary thread or a weapons thread you could just have a link in the first post and the thread could be in OT.