Forum Games Forum Guidelines page 9 (locked)

227 posts

Flag Post

If you need 25 reserves.

Flag Post

So did I.

And I’m pretty sure I’m the first person who did it, back in December.

I only used ~20 or 21 of them, though.

Flag Post

After some reading here, I see people need some kind of “approval” to make games. Wow, harsh change.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zzzip50:

After some reading here, I see people need some kind of “approval” to make games. Wow, harsh change.

No, I think the approvals were for if he could make a second game.

Flag Post

Yep. Only for a second game. (I wonder about three games….)

Flag Post

Hmm…I’m not sure if I like the change. From experiance I know that people tend to make more dedicated and focused games when they can only make one at a time, not to mention it was easier for game masters to manage

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gastly101:

Yep. Only for a second game. (I wonder about three games….)

Hopefully, never.

Originally posted by Zzzip50:

Hmm…I’m not sure if I like the change. From experiance I know that people tend to make more dedicated and focused games when they can only make one at a time, not to mention it was easier for game masters to manage

You and most of the old community. However, in my opinion, this is more of an experiment, really, to see whether two games simultaneously does work. It has worked in a couple of cases, and failed in a few others.

If we have enough failures, we will all probably have to reconsider the merits of this experiment.

Flag Post

That’s why I try to make my second games ‘off-games’ or something – ones that don’t require much thought or anything and just go on their own.

Flag Post

I believe I once held two games, at one point, both doing rather well. One was a Mafia of some kind, and the other was my original Choose-Your-Own-Adventure-Game, which I ended prematurely due to the exact rule disallowing multiple games. Still, that was back when I had much more free time on my hands.

Flag Post

But I might need 3 games at once…

Flag Post

I’m gald I wasn’t around when you could only make one game. Although, I rarely make games myself, so I’m rather uneffected. But, I like not having to hear complaining, ’ I want moar games. ’

Flag Post
Now before we get to the rules, there is one catch to this new forum. It is new and it may possibly be removed if the forum is abused or if it becomes too much of a problem.

ahem: “Jan 17, 2010 8:41pm”.

that’s over two years ago now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gevock:

After much consideration, Kongregate gives you the Forum Games Forums! Here is where you can make, participate in, and most of all—enjoy the wonders of Forum Games. While this was previously reserved to Off-Topic, forum games have become fairly popular and have now been given the honor of their own forum.

Now before we get to the rules, there is one catch to this new forum. It is new and it may possibly be removed if the forum is abused or if it becomes too much of a problem. That being said, I’m sure everyone will act just fine and will follow these simple rules:

1. Don’t spam. This includes posting derailing comments in games you’re not a part of.

2. Avoid off-topic discussion on game threads. Keep it on the profile.

3. Don’t be a jerk. This includes ‘god-modding’ and breaking game-specific rules.

4. Games deemed unfit by modding staff will be locked. Report if you wish to appeal.

5. Rating games/“… The Above Poster” games are NOT allowed.

6. You may not bump just to keep your game going or on the front page.

7. You can not have more than one game open at a time.

8. Declare your game closed or finished in the thread title or lock it yourself by deleting the first post. You may post a [reserved for lock] post before the post.

9. You may only have two threads open at a time per game. This includes your sign-ups, so if you want to have a second non-sign up thread for your game, you need to either request a mod lock it, or lock it by deleting the first post.

Im Read This Post noW dONE

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I know you cant have more than 1 game open at a time (and this may seem stupid but I’m new) but how many games can you join at a time?

Flag Post
Originally posted by GetSwagBro:

I know you cant have more than 1 game open at a time (and this may seem stupid but I’m new) but how many games can you join at a time?

You can join as much. Welcome to the Forum Games Forum. I hope you have a good time here.

:)

Flag Post
Originally posted by speedy250:
Originally posted by GetSwagBro:

You can join as much. Welcome to the Forum Games Forum. I hope you have a good time here.

:)

Thankyou sir, and do you have any reccomendations for a game, you sound like a nice person. :)

Flag Post

I get that a lot in real life. :P

It depends on your taste.

If you like to role play or act, join a role playing game.
There are many types of role playing games. Some take place in the future, some in the modern days, and some in the past.

If you enjoy playing games on Kongregate, then you should participate in a competition. Beware, as we have some great competitors out there.

If you like mystery games, then join a Mafia.
A mafia/werewolf is based on citizens (most of the players) trying to find out who the mafia is, while the mafia tries to kill them all before he/she is found out.

If you like click adventure games, visual novel games in test version, or choose your own path games, you should play in a CYOP game, where you choose your path to try to get the best (or even worst) ending you can possibly get.

There are also continuous games, where anybody can play.
Continuous games are more like games where players have to have a reply to continue.

There are even miscellaneous games that are different from all the others, such as word play games, writing games, strategy games, picture games, and games that don’t fit into the other categories.

Recently, after the release of this word game, more word games have been created.

If you need help on deciding which type of game to join, just ask me!

Flag Post

I get that a lot in real life. :P

It depends on your taste.

If you like to role play or act, join a role playing game.
There are many types of role playing games. Some take place in the future, some in the modern days, and some in the past.

If you enjoy playing games on Kongregate, then you should participate in a competition. Beware, as we have some great competitors out there.

If you like mystery games, then join a Mafia.
A mafia/werewolf is based on citizens (most of the players) trying to find out who the mafia is, while the mafia tries to kill them all before he/she is found out.

If you like click adventure games, visual novel games in test version, or choose your own path games, you should play in a CYOP game, where you choose your path to try to get the best (or even worst) ending you can possibly get.

There are also continuous games, where anybody can play.
Continuous games are more like games where players have to have a reply to continue.

There are even miscellaneous games that are different from all the others, such as word play games, writing games, strategy games, picture games, and games that don’t fit into the other categories.

Recently, after the release of this word game, more word games have been created.

If you need help on deciding which type of game to join, just ask me!

Omg I like all those lol xD, um i do need help lol

Flag Post

If you have trouble, try joining simple games at first. Once you get the hand of it, start joining more complex games. I think continuous games are the easiest to place to start in. After posting in some, you should join a game that just begun or is about to begin so you aren’t late and don’t have to read like 100 pages of the story to catch on.

(Sorry. I think I’m talking too much right now D:)

Flag Post

If you have trouble, try joining simple games at first. Once you get the hand of it, start joining more complex games. I think continuous games are the easiest to place to start in. After posting in some, you should join a game that just begun or is about to begin so you aren’t late and don’t have to read like 100 pages of the story to catch on.

(Sorry. I think I’m talking too much right now D:)

Haha no it’s good, thankyou, I just posted on the coke machine, thanks. :)

Flag Post

Thanks for the information.

Flag Post

the forum is practicly an exparament to see how this works