Forum Games Q&A page 11 (locked)

345 posts

Flag Post

I always thought it was some sort of unspoken rule. But it wouldn’t be illegal in a game that encourages godmodding.

Flag Post

Yeah, I would presume that it’s generally disallowed because most people don’t like it. But if you start a game that specifically allows godmodding, then it would be fine, because people could determine beforehand whether or not they want to be a part of the game.

It’s only a problem when people join a normal game and then some time later, someone randomly decides “Hey, I’m going to start godmodding”.

Flag Post

Before I go and make my forum game(s), I’d like to ask are you allowed to create interactive stories ran by players votes and OP’s godmodding (rational of course)

In this story, I give players options to choose and by selecting an option, main fictional charachter of a story performs an action which is reflected in future actions. The actions what main charachters does is based on votes an action gets. An action with most votes at the end of the day (the day when story proceeds into next chapter) is selected and executed to next chapter

So, what do you like of the idea?

I’ll make rules more specific if I’m permitted to host such a game as this

EDIT: No signups required. Anyone can join at any time while game is on

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

Before I go and make my forum game(s), I’d like to ask are you allowed to create interactive stories ran by players votes and OP’s godmodding (rational of course)

In this story, I give players options to choose and by selecting an option, main fictional charachter of a story performs an action which is reflected in future actions. The actions what main charachters does is based on votes an action gets. An action with most votes at the end of the day (the day when story proceeds into next chapter) is selected and executed to next chapter

So, what do you like of the idea?

I’ll make rules more specific if I’m permitted to host such a game as this

EDIT: No signups required. Anyone can join at any time while game is on

I think this kind of game is called a CYOA here, which stands for Create Your Own Adventure, though people, for some reason, use CYOP more, which is Create Your Own Path.

Yes, I would say it is legal.

Flag Post

Pretty sure CYOP is Choose Your Own Path…

EDIT: In case I look like an ass, he edited.

Flag Post

who do i ask to lock a thread i created that is being overrun by trolls?

Flag Post
Originally posted by swifyy2:

You lock it youslef.
Resisting urge to call you an idiot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Firespread:

You lock it youslef.
Resisting urge to call you an idiot.

Flag Post

Delete the first post.

Flag Post

There no requirement for starting a game right? Just curious for now.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aedan210:

There no requirement for starting a game right? Just curious for now.

No, there isn’t. If you want there to be one bring it up in the General Thread.

Flag Post

Everyone’s free to come and make one.

Flag Post

To help out my experiences, could you please say why the mechanics of this site changed way back when?

Flag Post
Originally posted by developous:

To help out my experiences, could you please say why the mechanics of this site changed way back when?

You mean why were we suddenly allowed to make a second game?

Flag Post

No, old changes in all ways.

Flag Post

Aside from that, I can’t say there have been any. We promote stability.

Long, long ago, we didn’t have a forum of our own, so we could only make ten games (at most, over the whole community) in the Off-Topic forum. Then it got bumped up to twenty. Then we got our own forum.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

Aside from that, I can’t say there have been any. We promote stability.

Long, long ago, we didn’t have a forum of our own, so we could only make ten games (at most, over the whole community) in the Off-Topic forum. Then it got bumped up to twenty. Then we got our own forum.

Ah, people that signed up to this forum in the last year or so don’t know what it was like actually waiting for a game to end so you could start yours. Crazy days.. :P

Flag Post

Ah, so you abandoned that due to the patience level of the players?
Interesting… its no wonder that mafias seem to be the highest on the list then.

Flag Post

Interesting… its no wonder that mafias seem to be the highest on the list then.

As far as I can work out, they abandoned that because they had such an influx of games that no-one could keep track of them.

However, this soon lead to the downfall of OT, and it’s now just mainly immature, stupid crap.

FG is now at least 100% better off.

Flag Post

OT tends to always be a feeding ground for spam. Thanks.

Flag Post

We abandoned the game amount restriction because we had a forum of our own, so we had all the space we could want.

And we got the forum of our own because OT kicked us out – we took up too much space.

Flag Post

We abandoned the game amount restriction because we had a forum of our own, so we had all the space we could want.

And we got the forum of our own because OT kicked us out – we took up too much space.

Makes sense.

Flag Post

Makes sense.

They were the days. You had to wait til the top of the list then you could make your game and they always got players. Later it was first one to ask for a slot after a game closes. Then the mods made a forum games forum around the time of my first acctual game that worked well. There were some classic members back in the OT days. Anyone remember RMcD, Flyingman and those guys? Remember RP tales? It was like the big RP before FAW came along.

Flag Post

Anyone remember RMcD, Flyingman and those guys? Remember RP tales? It was like the big RP before FAW came along.

Of course…and you ;)

I also remember voluntarily making a greasemonkey script so that it would sort game signups and games for people in OT to make it easier to play. That started us using the [signup] etc tags. The old days..

Flag Post

The only thing I remember about RMcD was that he offended me very long ago, though I don’t remember exactly how. Forgive and forget? I’m terrible at the former.