Forum Games Q&A page 14 (locked)

345 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Good idea.

Flag Post

If two people sign, and one has another forum muted, what action should be best taken in order to ensure that they get their best gaming experience without having to change their will (aka unmute), and no unfairness would happen? Or will the player have to involuntarily resign/unmute the other player, especially in cases of mafias?

Flag Post

If it’s just two players, then there shouldn’t be an issue? If it’s a player and the host, the host either needs to decide to unmute or disallow the player from joining.

/imho

Flag Post

That’s just one scenario. What if a playing player has another playing player muted? That’s an issue. Who would the host decide to disallow from joining without having any unfairness? You can’t just say no to a newbie who has never played before to have a player who plays well, since the newb might play well too.

#lateresponse

Flag Post

If the muted person makes a response that might have to do with the muter, I’d tell the muter that it’s important, and to either unmute him for the duration of the game, or risk missing out on important information. If he doesn’t unmutre him after that, he might as well leave, because the only person with a poor gaming experience after that is him, the one who never knows what everyone else does.

Flag Post

Thanks admin, i will read carefully Q&A

Flag Post

I just posted a game of Mafia that I was interested in running here and it suddenly got removed by a mod, can someone tell me why?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Micron15:

I just posted a game of Mafia that I was interested in running here and it suddenly got removed by a mod, can someone tell me why?

Worry not! It has been restored here (It’s still on the front page, but about to go on the second page).

You see, to make posts on the forums, you must earn a badge on a game first! I recommend YHTBTR. If you don’t earn a badge, then your posts are auto-removed as it is a spam filter, if a mod, however, finds your post alright, then he un-removes it.

Originally posted by gamzary:

I’m not sure I want FGF to be moved to gaming, because it was born in Off-Topic. I dunno, it IS still technically gaming though.

General gaming is only for non-text games, and plus, it’d be a lot of a mess if it were to go in General Gaming. (Also, referral links are bad)

Flag Post

Quick definition of “continuous”, anybody?

Flag Post

A game that doesn’t have a definitive ending point?

Flag Post

I’m running a game of Mafia on another forum and I’ve got the same game in sign ups here, I haven’t quite got the sign ups here but I don’t want to just abandon the people who’ve signed up. Would I be breaking any rules if I pointed them towards that forum so that they could play the game there where I would have enough players to get it started?

Thanks

Flag Post

One thing that I’ve noticed is that just about nobody hosts more than one game at a time. Is there a specific rule that says you’re not supposed to manage 2 games at once, or do people just not have the time?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jamuak:

One thing that I’ve noticed is that just about nobody hosts more than one game at a time. Is there a specific rule that says you’re not supposed to manage 2 games at once, or do people just not have the time?

Rule #7.

Flag Post

Rule #7 says 2 threads per game. I was thinking more along the lines of 2 games.

Flag Post
If you wish to have more than one game at a time: Ask the regular members. If enough people are willing to play it and you can manage your games well, chances are they may be ok with it. Remember, mods can help you for lots of things but you need more members to play your game!

Flag Post

Oh, thanks adv0catus, I just misread that.

Flag Post

This thread has been made obsolete by the FGF Master thread. Anyone with questions can pose them there and they will be answered thoroughly by the editors, regulars or forum mods.