Forum Games Q&A page 2 (locked)

345 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by londie1234567890:

how do you lock a game so you can start a new one?

You asked that here already, you’ll get an answer there, no need to ask here.
But actually, how to lock a game could be a good guide in a thread like this one.

Flag Post

I think that that Jaumes thread for FG Winners and Azns Directory thread should both at least be linked.

Flag Post

I’m not good with Mafia games. Could someone care to write a small easy-to-read/understand guide on how to play them?

Flag Post

OK, here is how a basic mafia game goes.
There are about 12-20 players. It can be more, but it isn’t usually less. A small minority of those players are mafia. There are two phases, a day phase and a night phase. In the night, the mafia choose one person to kill. If they don’t know each other, the maker of the game will choose one person that they have chosen to be killed. The next day, everybody, the mafia and the townies, vote for who they think is mafia. The person with the most votes is killed.
There are many variations, but those are the basics.

Flag Post

You know what would be nice Marr? A forum game tournament that could offer points. I`ve been seeing some other tournaments around, but they just need that… element. Hey, it could be fun, and it could give the forum games section some publicity. Forum games are games too,-right?

Flag Post

So the Sign-Ups thread has been locked since June, what’s going in, is there another one?

Flag Post

Harry, now you don’t have to wait for your game to start because of the sign ups thread, now you can start your game whenever you want. However, the rule of one game at a time each person has to be listened to.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

Harry, now you don’t have to wait for your game to start because of the sign ups thread, now you can start your game whenever you want. However, the rule of one game at a time each person has to be listened to.

Aah, cool. thanks :)

Flag Post

Someone needs to start another “Forum Game Ratings” Thread. Kinda like the previous one, were people could rate forum games, except that this time, they could use a poll instead to rate them. For example, you could rate or vote for a certain game title here .

No signing up or registering required. Plus, you can average the votes together to get your rating.

Flag Post

Hey, I got linked :D

Flag Post

I think Jaume’s FG Winners thread should be linked, if you’re linking to Azn’s FGF Directory. And there’s another handy one, but I forgot it >.<

Flag Post
Originally posted by sellyme:

I think Jaume’s FG Winners thread should be linked, if you’re linking to Azn’s FGF Directory. And there’s another handy one, but I forgot it >.<

QFT, were you maybe thinking of walford’s game tips?

Flag Post

Yeah my game tips.

Flag Post

We have FGF Master Thread!

Flag Post

I want to make a Werewolf game, but I don’t understand it
Can anyone say what I have to do, after the beginning!
Have I to make tips?
Its like this:

Originally posted by Morrrr:

There are about 12-20 players. It can be more, but it isn’t usually less. A small minority of those players are mafia. There are two phases, a day phase and a night phase. In the night, the mafia choose one person to kill. If they don’t know each other, the maker of the game will choose one person that they have chosen to be killed. The next day, everybody, the mafia and the townies, vote for who they think is mafia. The person with the most votes is killed.

but just the werewolf decide to kill them?
One last question Does the Werewolf post the killed guy or has it to Pm me?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Taiboss:

I want to make a Werewolf game, but I don’t understand it
Can anyone say what I have to do, after the beginning!
Have I to make tips?
Its like this:

Originally posted by Morrrr:

but just the werewolf decide to kill them?
One last question Does the Werewolf post the killed guy or has it to Pm me?

PM.Its obvious who the werewolf is if they post the person

Flag Post

So, are we allowed to have more than one game open at a time?

Like if I have my game, Alone, open, and want to open an RP as well, do I have to wait until Alone is finished? I mean, Alone is not the kind of game that’s just going to take up space… I’m actively doing it.

Flag Post

^No, you can only have one game open at a time. You’re welcome. If everyone goes along with your theory of “not taking much space”, it will.

Flag Post

Ok, thanks.

Flag Post

Your EPIC

Flag Post

I don’t really like how ou can only have one forum game at a time:P

Flag Post

We have our reasons for that rule. It offers a lot more benefit than burden.

Regs not being able to run two games at once is a small price to pay for an overflow of unmanaged games that would come from the portion of the community that is less trustworthy (I trust all of you, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t easy to put too much on your plate).

For now the rule is reasonable.

Flag Post

Thanks Marh!

Flag Post

Thanks for an official answer Marh.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Distant_Tsunami:

Thanks for an official answer Marh.

I’m offended.