Adventure Quest! (locked)

40 posts

Flag Post

;;;DESCRIPTION;;;;

In this game, you are an adventurer in the world James(The elf, AKA WDYD) is in. You do not know him, or any of his semi-faithful ambassador party. Nor have you heard of them.
The first objective is simple; make it to Relo. After that, the story will be molded by all of our imaginations. At any point in the story a player decides to quit, a replacement will be found. (Note: If you ARE a replacement, you must use the previous character. If the old player comes back, you will be kicked until someone else leaves.)
Every now and then, I may post a new objective. This will be rare and when we run out of things to do. There will be maps and such of each area we stumble upon, so check the main page regularly.
After Relo, you will roam with all the players. There will be no NPC followers. Pets are NOT aloud, unless kept by everybody. Profanity will NOT be tolerated.
If you have any questions, DO NOT post in this thread, PM me.

Flag Post

;;;Story;;;

Prologue

In a simpler age of drinking beer in taverns and joking about that noob who got slayed by a dragon last week, there was a dark plague coming. No one would be able to tell, though. And when it finally hit, there was chaos and turmoil. However, one Continent named Glash was able to fend of the dark. The capitol and leaders were preparing for a long war. And they weren’t going to be able to take down the dark with just that city’s warriors. So, they sent off for some of the greatest known warriors in the land, who would attend an academy.
Days later, letters arrived containing invitations to the Relo Warriors Academy. The eight participants headed off in groups of two.

Flag Post

;;;;Players;;;;

1. Avereh (Pivotman99)
2. Zaragos (Key_Bearer)
3. Fortis (CrimsonBlaze)
4. Dralith (flashdeath30)
5. Hob (WalfordKing)
6. Elvarg Dornian (hero122)
7. Jamie (Flyingman_junior)
8. Sade Darklight (DarkerMistress)

Flag Post

;;;News;;;

1.25.2010 – Game Begins.

Flag Post

[How should we start?]

Flag Post

[How does this START!?]

Flag Post

(http://www.kongregate.com/forums/36-forum-games/topics/74391-sign-ups-adventure-quest Posted it here so I dont have to go to forums to get the player information. Hero it looks like I am with you as we are the only nix poeple.)

I walked down my street, counting the numbers on the houses. 35,37,39,41,43 and finaly came my house #45. I turned direction to face the house and walked to the door. I slammed the door open and went straight in leaving the door wide open. The house had no life in it. The walls were gray and threre was so little furniture you could fit 100 men in the 2 roomed house. Well it weren’t two roomed it was actually 4 if you count the bathroom and a secret room that no-one knew off, well except me. I entered the second room (my bedroom,) and headed straight towards a book shelf. I took out a book called ancient scripts and another called Keep off. Suddenly the book shelf split in half and slided away from each other, emerging a dark lit room that was full to the brim with stuff. I entered swiftly and closed the bookshelf behind me.

I went to the wooden desk and sat down on a metal chair. I shuffled around the scraps of paper on the desk untill I found the map. It was a map of the way from here to Relo. I had never travled that way before but I learnt anough from asking questions to poeple who have. i even went eaves dropping on them. I folded the map and slid it inside my shirt. I got up from the desk and went to pick up my quiver. The quiver had 3 arrows in it as always when it was at home. I picked the quiver up and took it over to my arrow colloection. I neatly placed the arrows into the quiver hoping that with my neatness came that one extra arrow that may save my life. I finally gave up trying to fit the last few in and was satisfied with 83 arrows. I strapped the quiver around my back now waying alot more, picked up my precious bow and headed off to the distance. It was my turn to go.

Flag Post

Start this game by finding the letter and plotting your course, or by gathering up your friends and traveling to Relo.

Flag Post

I was taking a normal walk through the trees. I stopped only to sit down on a rock, overlooking a large pond. It was one of my favorite places, more peaceful than the rest of the forest. The slience is soon after interrupted by the sounds of footsteps behind me, and I rise up calmly to see who it is.

The person isn’t one I have seen before, and he simply hands me an envelope and takes his leave. I stare wonderingly after him, then open it with a small tug at the sealing. I see a breif message, simply explaining that I was to come to the Relo Warriors Academy.

Well, first of off, I was no warrior, I was a mage, and not a good one yet. Regardless, I had not yet been to Relo, so I decided that I would at least give them a chance, and so I could see the city. Though I did know the general area of Relo, so I made sure I had all the important things I would be needing on my trip, then began walking.

Flag Post

I got up from my Bed. I had been recently traveling around but came home after I learned I Indeed been chosen to go to the Relo Warriors Academy. I also learned I was going with a partner so it would be safer. I grabbed my Glash region map,my letter of invatation and opened my weapons chest and I found my trusty shortsword. Yes, it wasn’t in the best condision,but it’s economy class.

Flag Post

I left the house and went off in the general direction of Relo, with my quiver behind me and a bow in my hand. I didn’t need to carry any food with 5000 years living in this world I think I can survive without a few nights food. I soon come upon a crossing. A T junction in fact. Strangely the sign post was unreadable as blood covered all the words.

Flag Post

I walked outside and looked for the meeting place for me to meet my partner. I went and waited near the stone clocktower south of the town.

Flag Post

(flyingman_junior I just learned I was moved to gork via signup thread, change your post.)

Flag Post

(I see, well that means Im going to relo or whatever on my own.)

Flag Post

(sucks, doesn’t it. eather way I GTG.)

Flag Post

“Such meaningless destruction.” I let out a little sigh as I walked through the town of Jilt. It was hard to call it a town, more like a collection of rubble, roughly shaped into houses to provide protection to the few stragglers that remained. I wasn’t quite sure how the town came to be this way, but it couldn’t have been good. Being a paladin… umm, trainee paladin, it was my duty to aid those in need and that is why I had come to this town.

“Help!” I heard a voice in the distance yell out in agony. Without thinking, I began to dash in that direction. By avoiding the obstacles in the footpath, such as debris and fallen pieces of wood, I was at the location within a few seconds. “What is the matter?” I asked as I spotted a man who was downed on the ground. His face was screwed up in agony. “I tripped, and snapped my shin.” He groaned out amongst the pain. I gave a small nod as I got onto my knees, and observed the wound. The man hadn’t snapped his shin, but had only fractured it. I could tell as the bone hadn’t shifted even in the slightest. It was still a serious wound, especially from a man who was a messenger, or at least wore the clothes of one. “I’ll take care of it.” I gave a soft grin as I began to concentrate energy into my hands. “Healing palm.” I muttered out as my hands became covered in a soft, flowing, white energy. I placed my palms on the messenger’s leg and then let the energy go. It covered the wound, and slowly disappeared into his leg. “You should be fine now. Just try not to trip!” I laughed out, my grin spreading from ear to ear. I got to my feet and put my hand out, offering to help the messenger up. “Are you a paladin?” The messenger grunted out as he grabbed my hand and used it to pull himself up. “Yes.” I cheerfully said as I wondered how he could have known. Other classes possess healing spells. “Do you happen to have the name Fortis?” “Yes.” I became more astonished as he had even known my name. “Then take this letter. The leaders have addressed it to you personally. Oh, and there was eight of these sent out, including yours. Two of those are in this city. It would be a good idea to met up with the other person.” The messenger laughed out and then ran off, to deliver his other messengers. I broke the royal wax seal, and then opened the letter. I then read on.

[Kong killed the format ;(. Oh and I’m with you Pivotman :P.]

Flag Post

I starts whistleing to a fun tune. I read the letter one more time-
Hello,citizen of Gork!. you have been invited to go to the Relo Warriors Academy for training to repel the darkness! The travel will be pariled,so you will be going with a partner named- Hob . you will wait for him untill he arrives. if 72 hours go’s by, you can leave without them.

Flag Post

(Sorry Hero, thanks for the shout.)

Hob’s post was late coming and he had this letter, inviting him to go to Relo. He didn’t what for yet, but he was going with Elvarg.

So Hob packed his things and set off to find Elvarg.

(Also my game is up called Cursed. Anyone is invited to join)

Flag Post

As i leaned agenst the clocktower, I saw a man comeing. “excuse me,is your name Hob?”

Flag Post

“Ah, so you must be Elvarg. Yes I’m Hob. I hope you weren’t waiting long because my post was late.” said Hob.

Flag Post

A single hole of light was in my make-shift ceiling, shining upon my closed eyes. I tried to shift position, but there was no helping it. I had to wake up. So, I stretched my warms up, clicked my tongue, and yawned. My mouth tasted sour, and I figured my silver hair was very ratty. There was a series of noises coming from outside, so I shrugged and opened the door. Through my practically sealed shut eyes, I only noticed the tall fellow that had moved in some time ago. But, I heard a bit of yelping, so I looked around and saw a messenger. “Hello, messenger. Do you happen to have any mail for me today?” He looked at me, scanning to see if my appearance was familiar. “I do presume you are Mister Avereh?”
“Yes, yes I am.”
“Here is you letter. Now, I must be off.”
And with that the man ran to his next delivery. “Acceptance letter, eh? Wonder what for…”

Flag Post

I got out my map and checked the path. I was going along a road called high lane. Persumabaly because the lane seemed to be 10ft higher than the grass beside it. I read the map carefully, quickly working out that I needed to carry on this road and it will take me to relo. I was reletivly happy that my journay was going to be a short and easy one.

Flag Post

I looked again at the letter on my desk. “Guess I’ll go…” I muttered to myself, picking up my bag with all my stuff in it. I walked out the door, pulled my map out, and started wandering forlornly out of the peacful city of Fote. ‘Elven Maid my butt. If it weren’t for me, half of them would be dead, the ungrateful little-’ I heard the voice in my head again. ‘Shut up! I accepted the title! I couldn’t not accept it!’ The voice, aptly named Chats, rebuked me. ‘You could’a It woulda been fun to see them squirm.’ I blocked out the voice, and looked one more time at my home. “I’m never coming back.” I hefted the heavy bag on my back, and walked away from the place that had been home to me.

As I walked I bumped into another person with a letter. “You’re from the village right? Ummm… Dralith was it?I saw you the other day.” I looked at him inquiringly, waiting patiently for a responce. Or would h ignore me like the rest of them?

Flag Post
Originally posted by walfordking:

“Ah, so you must be Elvarg. Yes I’m Hob. I hope you weren’t waiting long because my post was late.” said Hob.

I showed hob the map. “from gork, we need to go though the forest of goblins, and past the plain of fire,then were at Relo. what do you have as arms? because I have (???) money.”

Flag Post

I begin walking again, and see another person, apparently another Elf, though I think of a diffrent kind, walk up to me.

“Wait, how did you know my name, I don’t recall having met you.” I say, inquisitive.

I wonder this, then carry on, the person with me.