[Game] Maze of the Beast (CLOSED) (locked)

183 posts

Flag Post

Current Status
2 of 5 floor switches depressed.
0 of 4 levers pulled.

First, the rules:

Ok, so you move one space, then I tell you where you can go.
Ex. You: I move north.
Me: You move north. You can move east or west.

Also, the maze is a grid on an (x,y) graph. In quadrant 1(upper right).

Anyways, you may be thinking, “This is just a stupid maze though.”
It is a maze, but it has several twists.
1) There are perks.
2) You all are in the same maze. If someone sets off the last ‘needed’ floor switch, releasing the beast, and you are standing right next to the cage, the beast will eat you. Thus, you are allies and yet enemies.
3) There’s something trying to eat you.

How the Beast works:
The Beast is caged until a certain number of floor switches are activated(Easy needs 5, medium 4, and hard 3). Once freed, it moves by roll of the die. If you are within a 7×7 grid of the Beast, it will go the easiest route towards you. Once the Beast touches you, you die. (The main way you would die would be to go down a dead-end passage and the Beast follows you in.)

How ‘Escaping’ works:
In order to escape, you must pull a certain amount of levers. I will tell you when there is a lever on your ‘space.’ Once all levers are pulled, an escape will be opened. You do not know where the exit is until it is opened.

How the floor switches work:
If you step on a floor switch, it depresses permanently. If you have the ‘Light-footed’ perk, you will not be told when you step on a floor switch, but I will deduct 1 from you uses. After you have gone over 5, the perk will have ‘expired’ until the next round. However, you will not know the perk is used up until you step on another floor switch, which will depress.

If you have the Hunter perk, I will whisper to you when the Beast enters your ‘zone.’

So yeah… there’s a couple more things, but I don’t want to ruin it.

Let’s start. For the easy round, I will give the coordinates where you begin.

1. Kilozombie(Light-footed)
2. Zedd236(Hunter)
3. Rokun(Light-Footed)
4. CrimsonBlaze(Map!)
5. Sukasai(Hunter)
6. Squidward568(Light-footed)
7. Pludrpladr(Hunter)
8. Dman18(?)
9. Walfordking
10. I_like_games(?)
11. Racefan12(Hunter)

Kilo, Rokun, Sukasai, Pludr, Walford(You must first make a perk), and Race all start at the coordinates: (1,15)

Zedd, Crimson, Squid, Dman, and games all start at the coordinates: (15,1)

You wake up in a dark room. Several others are on the ground next to you. The passage continues forward.(South for (1,15) and west for (15,1))

Flag Post

[Can I have a grid of it? With no walls, switches, levers, ro anything? you know what I mean? like, the base grid and a compass rose?]

Flag Post

Sigh… since I know where it was, I want to go back to the spot I was before. Specifically, south, south, east, north, north, east, east, east.

Flag Post

[It’s a 15×15 grid. The lower left box is (1,1) The upper right is (15,15). North is up, east is right, south is down, and west is left. Like if you were looking at it drawn on a sheet of paper.]

Originally posted by Sukasai:

Sigh… since I know where it was, I want to go back to the spot I was before. Specifically, south, south, east, north, north, east, east, east.

Yeah, sorry. Ok, you can go south or west.

Flag Post

(Nah, I understand wanting to keep your topic clean. I would’ve just been annoyed if I had to start over for real. :P Question though, is the exit on the outer squares, or can it be in the center ones as well?)

I head south.

Flag Post

[The exit can be anywhere. Also, for the first maze, I will tell where the exit is once all of the levers are pulled. The medium one will basically just be bigger and with no guidelines(like where you start). And the final maze will also be, but with some added things…]

You can head south or north.

Flag Post

I head west.

Flag Post
Originally posted by i_like_games:

I head west.

You can head north or east.

Flag Post

I will head south again.

Flag Post

I will head south again.

You can go north, south, or east.

Flag Post

I move West or South, whatever one’s the opening.
Edit: Fail, I messed up starting point. Nvm it. West.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dman18:

I move West or South, whatever one’s the opening.

[West is. You’re at (15,1)]

You can move north or east.

Flag Post

I go north.

Flag Post

I go north.

You can move south or east.

Flag Post

I go east.

Flag Post

I’ll go east.

(Oh yeah… for those with hunter, are you just going to say in your whisper ‘the beast is two squares south and three squares west of you’ or something like that?)

Flag Post

I’ll go east.

You can go north or west.

I go east.

[And to answer your question Sukasai, only on easy. After that, I will simply whisper, “You can hear the beast nearby.” I will not tell in which direction though.]

Flag Post

I go North, then East.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dman18:

I go North, then East.

Flag Post

[Isign off. I have no grid paper unless I take from some school. Count me out unless it’s more simple {you enter a junction, go up or down] and you don’t TURN.]

Flag Post

I’ll head north.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kilozombie:

[Isign off. I have no grid paper unless I take from some school. Count me out unless it’s more simple {you enter a junction, go up or down] and you don’t TURN.]

[Yeah, I changed it. It’s now north south east or west. And do you have Excel? If so, use that. I did so I can have 11 copies of the maze.(1 for each person).]

Flag Post

I’ll head north.

You can go north or south.

Flag Post

I’ll head north again.

Flag Post

I dance…. then move North.