Apocalypse WasteLand: New Haven (Lock please) (locked)

82 posts

Flag Post

News Clicker (below)

Setting finished, and now I have a title image and a game map done… I like Aviary
Feel free to make a character. Whisper me questions and suggestions or email them to me.
Currently working on updating weapons and making automatons.
Please Read the Rules. It takes about a minute and it helps you under stand the game.

Apoc Title.egg  on Aviary

New Haven Setting (below)
The year is 2035 and mankind has been desolated by nuclear warfare. Those unfortunate enough to survive the blast have to make there way in a post apocalyptic waste land known as… yep you guessed it…. WasteLand. (If you could give me some suggestions for a name it would be appreciated.)

Each character has to make there way and survive in this hostile environment however possible. Many obstacles are there to stop you but if you work together you may be able to overcome them. Your character will start out as an inhabitant of a ruined city called “Haven” and will have to make there life there.

Trouble is brewing in Haven though, I wont go into the gory specifics but, at gang of thugs that call themselves “The Brutes” are threatening Haven’s very existence and citizens are in a mass exodus to a Legendary place that they have christened “New Haven”. Its up to you, the player, to decide what to do.

Will you run or will you stay and fight?

WasteLand allows for a lot of player freedom and ingenuity but please… Don’t God Mod… It ruins it for everyone especially you.

Character Form:

Name:

Perks: (1 perk costs 3 C haracter P oints,)

Bio:

Weapons: (Refer to Weapons section, please inclue tech level and ranged or melee)

P.S. You start with 4 CP and ill award you with CP when the time is right. Ill be keeping track below,

CP/Characters:

1. Hob/WalfordKing Advanced in Ranged CP: 0
2. Joey/Hero122 Basic in Melee CP: 1
3. Kajak/Zedd236 Basic in Ranged CP: 0
4. Wilson/Fogfun Moderate in Ranged CP: 0
5. Dirk Dianno/CrimsonBlaze Advanced in Melee CP: 0
6. Wink/Meepers Basic in Melee CP: 1
7.Sackin/Jerimo Basic in Ranged CP: 1
8. Rhaine/BroJack437 Basic in Melee CP: 1
Its ten slots right now but if it becomes more populated i’ll open up more.

Automaton Rules: If you take the Builder perk you are able to build a automaton at the cost of a certain number of CP depending on the power of the automaton. If you don’t plan on build one of these then you can skip this part.

Automaton Types: (These are the types of automatons you can build and there descriptions.)

Swarm Automaton: Miniature machines that can latch onto enemies and burrowing into them and in the process killing them. Swarm automatons repair themselves in about 10 minutes but have very little armor and can be destroyed by explosions. A small group of swarmers cost 1 CP but a large group of them cost 2 CP (once you spend the CP and the swarm is destroyed it doesn’t cost anything to rebuild a swarm of them, It just takes a while.)

Pack Automaton: These automatons can carry characters as well as a huge amount of cargo with them but offer little combat use besides cover from gun fire. They can take quite a beating with out collapsing. Pack automatons cost 1 CP.

Guard Automaton: These Automaton serve as guards for characters. They are slow moving heavily armored giants that are better suited as defenders than attackers because of their slow movement they are vulnerable to quicker enemies. Guard Automatons take a large amount of time to repair. These behemoths cost 2 CP

Drone Automaton: Drone Automatons are small automatons that follow you around protecting you. Usually armed with a large caliber rifle and can take a fair amount of damage before collapsing and can be repaired relatively quickly. Drone Automatons cost 1 CP for 2 Drones.

Mercenary Automaton: Mercenary Automatons are the pinnacle of defense in this post apocalyptic world. These Death Machines pack enough fire power to take down a city! Mecenary automaton are fast moving, power full, can take a rocket to the head ,and are really damn expensive. Mercenary Automatons Cost 3 CP and have a large material cost. The down side to these are, if it is destroyed it takes 1 *CP to rebuld them.

Perks:

Builder: You are adapt at building things like automatons and weapons your gain 1 weapon or automaton sidekick. (automatons are like robots that can fight with your and carry stuff.) Please confirm that the automatons that you have are not overpowered before you put them in game

Scavanger: You have a knack at spotting things others don’t in the wasteland. +1 weapon tech and you don’t have to go rooting around for supplies.

(You can say “Ohh! I see some magazines laying on the ground over there!”, this gives you room to play around a bit but, no god modding.) A.K.A. you can’t say “OOOO! I found a nuclear fuel rod cannon laying on the ground!”

Pyromaniac: You have always been a bit, over the top, when handling fire. You can walk through fire without being burnt and small campfires you make have a tendency of turning into gargantuan blazes. If you have this perk you can pretty much be immune to normal fire and you can enlarge and shrink fire.

Animal Magnetism: You have a way with nature. Your character can manipulate plants and animals to do your bidding. You could have a wolf fight with you or a vine shoot up a wall so you could climb up it is up to you. Remember though, Don’t GodMod.

Minesweeper: You have a innate ability to sense where explosives are and can navigate through mine fields with ease. You also have the ability to disarm or make explosives to use in the RP…No you can’t make a nuke.

Bullet Sponge: You can take a abnormal amount of damage with out collapsing and dieing. (You are the person who can take a rocket blast to the chest and survive but you can’t survive a nuke.)

Dead Eye: You can hit almost any thing when using a ranged weapon. (+2 Ranged Weapon Tech)

Brawler: You can kick all most anyone’s but when it comes to Melee fighting. (+2 Melee Tech)

Cheap Ass: You can pull of almost any deal when buying something (remember no god modding). Perks cost 2 CP and weapon tech costs 1 CP. Buying the perk still costs 3 CP

Please tell me if you want any perks added and ill add them if they are good.

Weapons: (these are examples not the only thing you can choose)

Weapons are measured in 5 Levels

1 Basic:
Melee: Lead Pipe, Knife, Base Ball bat, ect…
Ranged: Crossbow, Rusty Old Pistol, Throwing knives, Dart Gun ect…

2 Moderate:
Melee: Sword, Axe, Butterfly knife, Sledge Hammer, Black Jack, ect…
Ranged: Rifle, Shotgun, Grenades, Pistol, ect…

3 Advanced:
Melee: Power Sword, Chain Saw, Power Glove, Shiskebab, Shock Baton, ect…
Ranged: Sniper, Assault Rifle, Auto Loader, Sawn-off shotgun ect…

4 Expert:
Melee: Telsa Sword, Laser Blades, ect…
Ranged: Grenade Launcher, Laser Rifle, RPG, Plasma Rifle, Flame Thrower, ect…

5 Norris:
Melee: Plasma Great Sword, Blade Suit, Telsa Rod, Energy Lathe, ect…
Ranged BFG, Railgun, Minigun, Gattling laser, Gauss Rifle, ect…

Every time you buy a Weapon tech (2 CP) You can advance one level in either tree. You start out in 1st level unless you have Brawler or Dead Eye Perks.

Feel free to make new weapons because you don’t have to stick to my examples. Please don’t overpower them, keep their power within their tech level. There is a little wiggle room here.

Game Map.egg  on Aviary

Flag Post

okay I’ll wait until typing is finished

Flag Post

what are the perks

Flag Post

Im getting there
I had to eat something before i kept typing =P
Ive been working on a robot all day

Edit:

Perks are here, as are the weapons.
If you want to know anything else or want another perk just whisper it or email it to me. But keep non character stuff here to a minimum.
Edit 2: Okay im done for today. That was actually a lot of work just for a forum game… Oh well it will be fun and worth it. =D Ill try to be on tomorrow to update stuff, dont worry, ill keep track of stuff

Flag Post

This game sounds fun. I think I’ll join.

Hob

Cheap ass and I’ll buy scavanger

Hob had found the New Haven

4 Expert

Flag Post

I would join, but I really don’t think ‘etc…’ and two weapons for each level of weaponry/classes is specific enough. I would have at least five definite choices, if not more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

I would join, but I really don’t think ‘etc…’ and two weapons for each level of weaponry/classes is specific enough. I would have at least five definite choices, if not more.

Ect means you can choose weapons of that level type but yes ill add more examples if you want it… Remember i wrote this when i was tired

Edit: Walford what levels do you want them in melee or ranged? And no walford you can’t have found “New Haven” yet… Thats the point of the story…. What are your weapons? Besides just level 4
EDIT Im changing the perk rule. No beggining perk, Walford king you can keep yours because you were the first to sign up.

Flag Post

Oh, sorry about that.

Depends on the rules for weapons.

Flag Post

i’le sign up later but here are some perks-

animal magnitisem- animals seem to be attracted to you

minesweeper- You see traps on the ground before others.

beggar- you are sometimes given money for no reason but at a cost of HP.

finders keepers- find more items than scavanger but people will have a general dislike for you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hero122:

i’le sign up later but here are some perks-

animal magnitisem- animals seem to be attracted to you

minesweeper- You see traps on the ground before others.

beggar- you are sometimes given money for no reason but at a cost of HP.

finders keepers- find more items than scavanger but people will have a general dislike for you.

The first two sound good but beggar wont work because i dont have a HP system (unless you want one) and finders keepers is just a repeat with negative effects…. no one will choose it. But magnitism and minesweeper sound good. Any others? Suggestions are greatly appriciated. (this is my first official forum game on kong.)

Edit: Walford, what do you mean by rules for weapons?

Flag Post

I meant the weapons system.

Flag Post

Do you want a ranged or a melee weapon at level 4?
Level 4 ranged are stuff like grenade launchers or flamethrowers while melee are things like telsa swords and laser blades. Which will it be?
Edit: Okay…. And your weapon?

Flag Post

I think ranged then.

Flag Post

Hey, about that. You said we get 4 CPs right? Well, I know walford got a free perk. He chose Cheap Ass. However, he then purchased w/ his 4 CPs lvl 4 weapon and scavenger. This would require 6 CPs though. So I’m just wondering why this is…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fogfun:

Hey, about that. You said we get 4 CPs right? Well, I know walford got a free perk. He chose Cheap Ass. However, he then purchased w/ his 4 CPs lvl 4 weapon and scavenger. This would require 6 CPs though. So I’m just wondering why this is…

Wait a sec, let me do the math…. yeah your right execept it would be 5 CP and not 6…. hmm he will just have to go from expert to advanced. Remember you start on level one.. 4-1=3… Hmm… Fogfun are you going to join?

Flag Post

[Yes, also didn’t know we start at level one.]

Wilson
Cheap Ass
Lvl 2 tech ranged (Shotgun)
I remember it all. In the backyard having a barbeque with my family. The long streaks in the sky. Running to the underground shelter. Remembering the dog; going back for it. Opening the door and watching it run ahead and jump down the hatch. Seeing the shockwave fast approaching. Jumping for the hatch. Realizing I can’t get down and close the hatch in time, and subsequently trying to close the hatch. Failing. The force pushing me through the air. The impact and the cracking that came with it. Blacking out. That was several years ago. Now, I live in what is left. But I know a something’s coming. You can hear people spreading the rumors of a new city, and new haven. And the Brutes, they attack more than ever now. Maybe they know too. But one things for sure… I’m going to have to stay and fight or had towards the fabled land… I just haven’t decided which yet.

Flag Post

I have a question. Does getting Cheap ass with your CP means that it costs less too?
If not,

Kajak
Animal Magnetism, Builder
Lv 1 Ranged Throwing Knives

I remembered it all. It all happened so quickly, but I still remember it. I was at work when the bomb hit. I ran for the shelter underground. I didn’t make it. I still have flashbacks sometimes, mostly when I touch the scar left on my face from where a piece of glass hit me to the right of my right eye. That day I was killed and was reborn anew. After it hit, I had a connection with animals and plants.I still don’t know where that came from or how I survived that day. I don’t care anymore. All I want to do is survive in this… Wasteland.

Flag Post

No if you get cheap ass it still costs 3. Btw nice bio, its awesome.
Edit: Please when you sign up, Include what weapon you actually have as well as your level.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Meepers:

No if you get cheap ass it still costs 3. Btw nice bio, its awesome.

Edit: Please when you sign up, Include what weapon you actually have as well as your level.

thnx man, spent like a minute working on it

Flag Post

Do you know anyone who likes zombie rps and isn’t in one right now (i know rokun is in his) I’m going to try and get 3 people i know to join the rp but only 1 has rped before so ill see how it goes.

If you guys could get someone to join that would be appreciated.

Flag Post

[I would join, what are you talking about? Also, I chose a shotgun.]

Flag Post

Fill out the sign up form please.

(Its in the Intro.)

I might not be able to get on tomorrow, I have a all day robotics build after school and my computer is being butt raped by a virus that I’m trying to worm out of the system…

Sigh A nerd’s work is never over. Ill try to get on and keep working on the game. =D Hopefully my comp won’t have a shit fit… (my dad did though when he found out though.) tee hee…

Flag Post

[??? I’ve already signed up…]

Originally posted by Fogfun:

[Yes, also didn’t know we start at level one.]

Wilson

Cheap Ass

Lvl 2 tech ranged (Shotgun)

I remember it all. In the backyard having a barbeque with my family. The long streaks in the sky. Running to the underground shelter. Remembering the dog; going back for it. Opening the door and watching it run ahead and jump down the hatch. Seeing the shockwave fast approaching. Jumping for the hatch. Realizing I can’t get down and close the hatch in time, and subsequently trying to close the hatch. Failing. The force pushing me through the air. The impact and the cracking that came with it. Blacking out. That was several years ago. Now, I live in what is left. But I know a something’s coming. You can hear people spreading the rumors of a new city, and new haven. And the Brutes, they attack more than ever now. Maybe they know too. But one things for sure… I’m going to have to stay and fight or had towards the fabled land… I just haven’t decided which yet.

Also, when I said I will join, I was referring to the Zombie RP.

Flag Post

Name: Dirk Dianno

Perks: Brawler

Bio: Always ready for adventure.

Weapons: Dual Blades (Weapon level 3)

Flag Post

Hey cmon if you like this (Seeing that it to has Apocalypse in the name) You guys should like my game too!!!