(Game) Heroes of Zeus (locked)

352 posts

Flag Post

Times in Greece have taken a turn for the worst. Pandora’s Box has been opened and the land is overrun with famine, and destruction. In these dark days, Zeus has the need for a champion however, there can only be one.

Your duty is to earn favor in Zeus’ eyes by completing tasks given to you. At the end of each task, the person who is deemed the least successful will be dropped from the competition. The last man standing wins. I will be playing the role of Zeus.

1. Hermes, Perception, sellyme (ELIMINATED)
2. Excelsior, Immortality, BCLEGENDS
3. Adaseus, Speed, Minnakht
4. Hermafus, Wind, Flyingman_junior (ELIMINATED)
5. Heroiclis, Fire, hero122 (ELIMINATED)
6. Parnassus, Ice, Fogfun
7. Atreus, Strength, Brojack437 (ELIMINATED)
8. Dralith, Lightning, flashdeath30

Each member gets one of the powers below. Once the power has been taken by somebody, it can’t be chosen again. If you overuse your power, it is deemed as god modding.

Super Strength: You are able to lift up heavy objects with ease and deliver bone shattering punches.

Super Speed: You are able to travel faster than any other man could.

Perception: You are able to observe the smallest detail, and see the weakness of anything.

Lightning: You are able to shoot lightning out of your fingertips at the cost of energy.

Fire: You are able to shoot fire out of your fingertips at the cost of energy.

Ice: You are able to shoot ice out of your fingertips at the cost of energy.

Wind: You are able to shoot wind out of your fingertips at the cost of energy.

Immortality: You can not be killed by mortals.

1st Test: Your first task is to slay the Minotaur in the Labyrinth. Each of you have been scattered through out the maze, and must make your way into the center, but be warned, the area is littered with traps (No god modding. You can’t make your way to the center within the first three posts). You are all allies in this mission. The one who does the least to slay the Minotaur or arrives last, is eliminated.

Hermes: South, south-east.
Excelsior: North, north-west.
Adaseus: North, north.
Hermafus: South, south.
Heroiclis: South, south-east.
Pernassus: South, south-east.
Arteus: North-east.
Dralith: South-west.

Flag Post

[Minotaur in the Labyrinth, sounds familiar…]

I begin traveling, the minotaur was supposidly here, so that would have to be my first task. As I cautiously beign stepping around, I begin planning out possible senarios I might be put into.

Flag Post

I begin to head through the labyrinth. I use a small trail of ice so that I don’t retrace my steps. I begin to plan out how I will deal with the minotaur.

Flag Post

Flashdeath. You have encountered a room full of trip wire, do you continue down this way?

Fogfun has encountered nothing yet.

Flag Post

Hmm, traps everywhere…. I’d better see where else I can travel before I do anything hasty. I walk back and search for another path.

Flag Post

I vaguely remember some sort of fable about this so before going through the likely trap riddled labyrinth, I take a look at my surroundings, trying to see any hints as to which way to go. Perhaps there is something inscribed into the walls…

Flag Post
Originally posted by sellyme:

I vaguely remember some sort of fable about this so before going through the likely trap riddled labyrinth, I take a look at my surroundings, trying to see any hints as to which way to go. Perhaps there is something inscribed into the walls…

There is writing on the wall. “To the left lies the path to the horns of the devil. To the right lies the path of the halo of light.”

Originally posted by flashdeath30:

Hmm, traps everywhere…. I’d better see where else I can travel before I do anything hasty. I walk back and search for another path.

You go back and encounter a crossroad. There is no sign as to which path leads to the Minotaur. Do you take the one leading North, or the one leading North-East?

Flag Post

I start my Travel through the labyrinth i step with ease and no worry of surroundings [;3]

Flag Post

Hmm, if I was going to do a full breakdown, I would have to take this place one path at a time.

I head north

Flag Post

I continue along my path, still leaving a thin trail of ice.

Flag Post

Zeus has set us our first task, via loud, Godly-sounding voice. Apparently, we have to kill a Minotaur somehwere in this maze, which is likely to be filled with traps and such. No matter, though – should I come across any traps, I shall not be harmed by them due to my immortality.
The Minotaur may be slightly more of a problem, as technically, it probably isn’t mortal, but I can still kill it, I’m sure.
I begin walking in the general direction of the centre of the maze.

Flag Post

DOH i missed the sign ups… Can i be a reserve?

Flag Post

I continue to walk, hoping not to hit any traps along the way.

Flag Post

I stand and head down a corridor of the Maze. Now, I need some way of dealing damage, and a way of keeping track of my route. What to do…

My studies of kinetic energy have left me with the knowledge that both the weight and speed of an object are important when determining energy, but speed is more important. I try this by throwing a rapid punch, really a fast one – it hit like a very heavy punch, even though I’m not as strong. Still, I don’t have any way of keeping track… It will hurt. I tear a piece of my tunic or whatever, scrape my knuckles against the wall to get them bloody, and then draw a rough arrow on the cloth. Then I use it to mark the direction I start going in.

Flag Post
Originally posted by squidward568:

DOH i missed the sign ups… Can i be a reserve?

Sure.

Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

I continue to walk, hoping not to hit any traps along the way.

You encounter a dead end, with three pillars resting on it. Two of them are perfectly fine, the third one had been crack in the center making it easy to push over. What do you do?

Originally posted by Brojack437:

I start my Travel through the labyrinth i step with ease and no worry of surroundings [;3]

Without being careful, you trigger some trip wire. The room closes up and slowly starts to fill with water.

Originally posted by Minnakht:

I stand and head down a corridor of the Maze. Now, I need some way of dealing damage, and a way of keeping track of my route. What to do…

My studies of kinetic energy have left me with the knowledge that both the weight and speed of an object are important when determining energy, but speed is more important. I try this by throwing a rapid punch, really a fast one – it hit like a very heavy punch, even though I’m not as strong. Still, I don’t have any way of keeping track… It will hurt. I tear a piece of my tunic or whatever, scrape my knuckles against the wall to get them bloody, and then draw a rough arrow on the cloth. Then I use it to mark the direction I start going in.

Your hear a noise coming from the south. The Minotaur has smelt your blood and knows of your presence here. It won’t be long before it finds you. Do you wish to stay, or retreat further into the labyrinth?

Hmm, if I was going to do a full breakdown, I would have to take this place one path at a time.

I head north

You hear the roar of the Minotaur in the next room. It seems to be moving in the opposite direction. Do you wish to give chase?

Originally posted by Fogfun:

I continue along my path, still leaving a thin trail of ice.

You encounter a crossroad. Do you wish to take the North path, or the North-West path?

Flag Post

Stay, of course, I think as I hear roars. I can easily dodge blows of any dumb bully brute, and aside from that I am meant to meet and slay it. It sounds too easy, though… for it gets to get to me itself and so early.

[You can understand the last sentence as some… advice as to what to do with me. I mean, you said “don’t kill it in three posts at the start” yourself, and then you do this…]

Flag Post

I Ram the wall hoping to break it down with my Super Strength

Flag Post

I see three pillars, one of which seems easy enough to push over. Perhaps it will lead to the centre of this maze, perhaps it will lead to a trap.
Perhaps it will lead to the Minotaur itself.
If the first or third, so much the better. If the last, I’ll be fine anyway due to my immortality. I push the pillar over.

Flag Post

start walking.

Flag Post

I decide to head northwest.

[Will we need to find out way out after we have slain the beast?]

Flag Post

Use a mortal that can see through the mist:)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

Stay, of course, I think as I hear roars. I can easily dodge blows of any dumb bully brute, and aside from that I am meant to meet and slay it. It sounds too easy, though… for it gets to get to me itself and so early.

[You can understand the last sentence as some… advice as to what to do with me. I mean, you said “don’t kill it in three posts at the start” yourself, and then you do this…]

[It’s too strong for you to handle one on one, that’s why I said teams are allowed in this challenge. :P]

The wall to the side of you is knocked over as the minotaur breaks through. You suddenly realize this thing is too strong for you. Do you fight or flee?

Originally posted by BCLEGENDS:

I see three pillars, one of which seems easy enough to push over. Perhaps it will lead to the centre of this maze, perhaps it will lead to a trap.
Perhaps it will lead to the Minotaur itself.
If the first or third, so much the better. If the last, I’ll be fine anyway due to my immortality. I push the pillar over.

You knock the pillar over and it crashes into the wall. It turns out that the wall was hollow, and a new pathway has been opened for you.

Originally posted by Brojack437:

I Ram the wall hoping to break it down with my Super Strength

You break through the wall and manage to escape the room. In the room up ahead lies two levers.

Originally posted by hero122:

start walking.

You encounter a dead end with three statues that are each covering a part of their face. They are currently in this order: Covering ears, covering mouth and covering eyes.

Flag Post

Well, at least that solved most of that mystery. I head in that direction, then use my lightning abilities to destroy the traps that I find.

Flag Post

Well, at least that solved most of that mystery. I head in that direction, then use my lightning abilities to destroy the traps that I find.

You see a broken down wall with the Minotaur and Adaseus (Minnakht) inside.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fogfun:

I decide to head northwest.

[Will we need to find out way out after we have slain the beast?]