Apocalypse WasteLand: New Haven (game)

236 posts

Flag Post

GAME IS ON TEMPORARY HAITUS AND WILL RESUME IN CHAPTER TWO WHEN I GET BACK FROM A TRIP ON THE TWENTY FIRST
please lock this thread, characters will be carried over.
anyone wishing to contact me, please send me a shout or whisper.

Flag Post

News Clicker (below)
WOOT! the game is here! Sign ups for the game are open until March First at 9 PM (Mtn) Those who refer another character get a CP or two.

Flag Post

Apoc Title.egg  on Aviary

New Haven Setting (below)
The year is 2035 and mankind has been desolated by nuclear warfare. Those unfortunate enough to survive the blast have to make there way in a post apocalyptic waste land known as… yep you guessed it…. WasteLand. (If you could give me some suggestions for a name it would be appreciated.)

Each character has to make there way and survive in this hostile environment however possible. Many obstacles are there to stop you but if you work together you may be able to overcome them. Your character will start out as an inhabitant of a ruined city called “Haven” and will have to make there life there.

Trouble is brewing in Haven though, I wont go into the gory specifics but, at gang of thugs that call themselves “The Brutes” are threatening Haven’s very existence and citizens are in a mass exodus to a Legendary place that they have christened “New Haven”. Its up to you, the player, to decide what to do.

Will you run or will you stay and fight?

WasteLand allows for a lot of player freedom and ingenuity but please… Don’t God Mod… It ruins it for everyone especially you.

Character Form:

Name:

Perks: (1 perk costs 3 C haracter P oints,)

Bio:

Weapons: (Refer to Weapons section, please inclue tech level and ranged or melee)

P.S. You start with 4 CP and ill award you with CP when the time is right. Ill be keeping track below,

CP/Characters:

1. Hob/WalfordKing Advanced in Ranged CP: 2
2. Joey/Hero122 Basic in Melee CP: 2
3. Kajak/Zedd236 Basic in Ranged CP: 1
4. Wilson/Fogfun Moderate in Ranged CP: 2
5. Dirk Dianno/CrimsonBlaze Advanced in Melee CP: 2
6. Wink/Meepers Basic in Melee CP: 3
7.Sackin/Jerimo Basic in Ranged CP: 3
8. Rhaine/BroJack437 Basic in Melee CP: 3
Its ten slots right now but if it becomes more populated i’ll open up more.

Automaton Rules: If you take the Builder perk you are able to build a automaton at the cost of a certain number of CP depending on the power of the automaton. If you don’t plan on building one of these then you can skip this part.

Automaton Types: (These are the types of automatons you can build and there descriptions.)

Swarm Automaton: Miniature machines that can latch onto enemies and burrowing into them and in the process killing them. Swarm automatons repair themselves in about 10 minutes but have very little armor and can be destroyed by explosions. A small group of swarmers cost 1 CP but a large group of them cost 2 CP (once you spend the CP and the swarm is destroyed it doesn’t cost anything to rebuild a swarm of them, It just takes a while.)

Pack Automaton: These automatons can carry characters as well as a huge amount of cargo with them but offer little combat use besides cover from gun fire. They can take quite a beating with out collapsing. Pack automatons cost 1 CP.

Guard Automaton: These Automaton serve as guards for characters. They are slow moving heavily armored giants that are better suited as defenders than attackers because of their slow movement they are vulnerable to quicker enemies. Guard Automatons take a large amount of time to repair. These behemoths cost 2 CP

Drone Automaton: Drone Automatons are small automatons that follow you around protecting you. Usually armed with a large caliber rifle and can take a fair amount of damage before collapsing and can be repaired relatively quickly. Drone Automatons cost 1 CP for 2 Drones.

Mercenary Automaton: Mercenary Automatons are the pinnacle of defense in this post apocalyptic world. These Death Machines pack enough fire power to take down a city! Mecenary automaton are fast moving, power full, can take a rocket to the head ,and are really damn expensive. Mercenary Automatons Cost 3 CP and have a large material cost. The down side to these are, if it is destroyed it takes 1 CP to rebuld them.

Perks:

Builder: You are adapt at building things like automatons and weapons your gain 1 weapon or automaton sidekick. (automatons are like robots that can fight with your and carry stuff.) Please confirm that the automatons that you have are not overpowered before you put them in game

Scavanger: You have a knack at spotting things others don’t in the wasteland. +1 weapon tech and you don’t have to go rooting around for supplies.

(You can say “Ohh! I see some magazines laying on the ground over there!”, this gives you room to play around a bit but, no god modding.) A.K.A. you can’t say “OOOO! I found a nuclear fuel rod cannon laying on the ground!”

Pyromaniac: You have always been a bit, over the top, when handling fire. You can walk through fire without being burnt and small campfires you make have a tendency of turning into gargantuan blazes. If you have this perk you can pretty much be immune to normal fire and you can enlarge and shrink fire.

Animal Magnetism: You have a way with nature. Your character can manipulate plants and animals to do your bidding. You could have a wolf fight with you or a vine shoot up a wall so you could climb up it is up to you. Remember though, Don’t GodMod.

Minesweeper: You have a innate ability to sense where explosives are and can navigate through mine fields with ease. You also have the ability to disarm or make explosives to use in the RP…No you can’t make a nuke.

Bullet Sponge: You can take a abnormal amount of damage with out collapsing and dieing. (You are the person who can take a rocket blast to the chest and survive but you can’t survive a nuke.)

Dead Eye: You can hit almost any thing when using a ranged weapon. (+2 Ranged Weapon Tech)

Brawler: You can kick all most anyone’s but when it comes to Melee fighting. (+2 Melee Tech)

Cheap Ass: You can pull of almost any deal when buying something (remember no god modding). Perks cost 2 CP and weapon tech costs 1 CP. Buying the perk still costs 3 CP

Please tell me if you want any perks added and ill add them if they are good.

Weapons: (these are examples not the only thing you can choose)

Weapons are measured in 5 Levels

1 Basic:
Melee: Lead Pipe, Knife, Base Ball bat, ect…
Ranged: Crossbow, Rusty Old Pistol, Throwing knives, Dart Gun ect…

2 Moderate:
Melee: Sword, Axe, Butterfly knife, Sledge Hammer, Black Jack, ect…
Ranged: Rifle, Shotgun, Grenades, Pistol, ect…

3 Advanced:
Melee: Power Sword, Chain Saw, Power Glove, Shiskebab, Shock Baton, ect…
Ranged: Sniper, Assault Rifle, Auto Loader, Sawn-off shotgun ect…

4 Expert:
Melee: Telsa Sword, Laser Blades, ect…
Ranged: Grenade Launcher, Laser Rifle, RPG, Plasma Rifle, Flame Thrower, ect…

5 Norris:
Melee: Plasma Great Sword, Blade Suit, Telsa Rod, Energy Lathe, ect…
Ranged BFG, Railgun, Minigun, Gattling laser, Gauss Rifle, ect…

Every time you buy a Weapon tech (2 CP) You can advance one level in either tree. You start out in 1st level unless you have Brawler or Dead Eye Perks.

Feel free to make new weapons because you don’t have to stick to my examples. Please don’t overpower them, keep their power within their tech level. There is a little wiggle room here.

Game Map.egg  on Aviary

Flag Post

-

Flag Post

[Can’t wait!]

Flag Post

[I can’t believe this is happening, someone punch me, wait on second thought, don’t]

Flag Post

[Uhhhh… I felt like punching someone]
[Can builder build other stuff than automaton?]

Flag Post

[It sounds pretty fun. I was going to make a Wasteland game as well, but will probably have to wait longer now(as two similar games very close together could be awkward.)]

Flag Post

[And you’ll need to play this game not mod another one]

Flag Post

[???]

Flag Post

(Alright people send out your first post.)

You wake up in your homes with the sounds of gunfire and screams all around you. Its around Midnight but the streets are clearly illuminated by fire and the muzzle flash of weaponry. You burst out of your house with your weapon in hand, what do you do?

Flag Post

I look around.

Flag Post

(Fogfun in future make posts a tad more descriptive)
Coming out of your door you see 2 “Brutes” to your immediate left laughing manically carrying off what seems to be a body.

Flag Post

I push myself up out of bed and run outside with my pet Grayfang at my heels. I draw a knife from my belt. “Today is about to get interesting”

Flag Post

(zedd srry about the change, that was a good intro though.)
Coming outside you see the city is alight with fire and people are running away from there burning homes. With a jolt you realize that the brutes have stepped up the level and have actually invaded the city. Gritting your teeth in anger what do you do?

Flag Post

yeah. in the new haven that’s what my routine’ll be like. That gives me an idea for WasteLand 2.

Anyways

Grayfang attacks a man and surprises him, knocking him to the ground. then Grayfang rips his heart out and eats it. “That’s a really nutritious breakfast” I throw the knife in my hand at someone and hits him in his eye. “To battle my fuzzy bretheren!” I shout and wolves, bears, dogs, and even a cat come from my lawn and attack the Brutes.

Flag Post

I smash through the window, at the back, and shoot one of my senbon at a man who was beating up a women

Flag Post
Originally posted by jerimo:

I smash through the window, at the back, and shoot one of my senbon at a man who was beating up a women

The senbon misses its target a bit but sticks into the man’s leg he turns on you with murder in his eyes and picks up his sabre and starts to limp towards you, What do you do?

Flag Post

Plant one through his eye, to get his brain

Flag Post

I pull out my crossbow and hit one in the eye. He falls over, dead. The other raises his gun to shoot. I jump out of the way, and manage to get a clear shot. He too dies. I loot the bodies.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zedd236:

yeah. in the new haven that’s what my routine’ll be like. That gives me an idea for WasteLand 2.

Anyways

Grayfang attacks a man and surprises him, knocking him to the ground. then Grayfang rips his heart out and eats it. “That’s a really nutritious breakfast” I throw the knife in my hand at someone and hits him in his eye. “To battle my fuzzy bretheren!” I shout and wolves, bears, dogs, and even a cat come from my lawn and attack the Brutes.

(Remember in the future, if you attack you can’t automatically score a hit, but seeing as i was going to give it to you this one doesn’t really matter.)
The Brutes open fire on the animals as you see several of them go down. You wince feeling there lifes snuffed out but in revenge a the bear claws one man across his face blinding him while crushing another to death. Other men are ingaged in melee fights with the animals and are slowly but surley gaining the upper hand. You must act quick, what do you do?

Flag Post

I then go to hide in the woods, in a place where I can get clear shots

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fogfun:

I pull out my crossbow and hit one in the eye. He falls over, dead. The other raises his gun to shoot. I jump out of the way, and manage to get a clear shot. He too dies. I loot the bodies.

(ditto what i said to zedd.)

Walking over to the bodies you spy a small smg laying across one mans chest and find a few clips on the other man. Glancing down at the body you realize it is that of a woman with a child in her arms. Infuriated you take the smg and turn around to find a gang of brutes bearing down on you with crude melee weapons. What do you do?

Flag Post

I call out into the air “Caw!” and a few dozen flocks of eagles swoop in and help the mammals. I charge into battle with Grayfang and we go along to the places where we are most needed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jerimo:

I then go to hide in the woods, in a place where I can get clear shots

(once again, ditto what i said to zedd and fogfun.)
You climb up a small tree and spy a small group of children running for their live towards the forest, closely pursued by a gang of brutes. You know that you are camouflaged by the tree and that the brutes wouldn’t bother you if you don’t do any thing but the children are as good as dead if you don’t help. What do you do?