Refuge Island (Squidward568 is the winner!) (locked)

402 posts

Flag Post

Day 1

The group is clueless, wondering what to do. They should set up a camp using resoruces lying around. They could also search around for people or anything of value.

Make two groups of three people for each task.

Flag Post

I begin thinking, the few most basic things for survival.

“Im going out to find some wood for a fire.” I finally announce.

“Though were going to need a lot of it, so I’ll probably need help.” I add.

Flag Post

“I would help you but I’m not as strong as the other guys. I’ll go looking for some sort of food source. Anybody else want to help me?” I laugh out as I wait for others to volunteer to come with me.

Flag Post

I sigh as I get up from the space I was sitting. “Okay I’ll go with you to collect food” I tell him.

Flag Post

“Well, I’m here, but first things first is to explore the Island before we settle down. Who’s with me? Who knows what the Island has.” Said Hob. Hob asked tyler, if he would team up with me. Hob said to tyler, “We could gather up wood and explore the Island at the same time.”

Flag Post

“Got it, sounds good.” I reply.

Flag Post

Can i sign up for this?

Flag Post

As the others lie around lazily, Hob and Tyler go explore the island and collect wood in the process, while Ryan and Kajak search for food.

While searching for food, Ryan and Kajak come across a small crab on the shorline. Exceedingly hungry, they plot out a way to capture it.

How do you capture the crab?

Losing hope, Hob and Tyler are about to just grab wood and head back to the others, when Tyler spots an old diary. “This this is ancient,” he said. “The lock on it is almost pure rust!” Searching around a bit longer for a key, they fail in the attempt to do so. Tyler decides to keep the diary just in case there is anything of importance written in it. They then collect some wood from nearby trees and some of the destroyed homes, then head back.

Tyler obtains Old Diary.

Flag Post
Originally posted by squidward568:

Can i sign up for this?

My question goes un-answered.

Flag Post

Can i sign up for this?

My question goes un-answered.

Yes, you can sign up. This will be a special case, so I’ll whisper you the details.

Flag Post

Well as everyone else has wondered of Ill go and do the ovious I think to myself. I pick up 5 pieces of wood around the place where I was standing. I put them into a makeshift pile. I then leave the pile and head into a nearby forrest. I quickly find a vine and pull it off the tree it was attacthed to. I head back to the pile of wood.

I get one piece of wood and circle the vine around it once. I start pulling on one end of the vine which in turn makes the wood move. Soon a fire is caused by the friction.

“So anyone else wanna go and waste there time?”

Flag Post

“Waste time where?” I answer and decide to bring more wood. You can never have enough wood… but, if I find something edible, I’ll try to collect it too.

Flag Post

“Guys, if we get something to distract it we can catch it” I tell them “Anyway have fun doing that I’m gonna go find myself a nice tree with fruits” I walk away. Anyway I decide I’ll collect anything useful on the way.

Flag Post

I get up and start Running to catch up with Ryan and Kajak. Getting the idea that Food is more important for right now.

Flag Post

Seeing Rhaine, the only one close to my age near me, and decide to follow him. When i make it to where Rhan and Kajak are, i say, we need to make some bows and arrows or something if we are going to get the crab, or any food for that matter. We should make some weapons. Whos with me?

Flag Post

“I’ll help you make weapons.”

I sharpen a stick to a point. “Here’s a spear.”

I work on some more.

Flag Post

(walks around in circles and sits down)

I guess I’ll build the homes.

(starts gathering mud and lumber across the sands)

{ Only if we had strawberry-chocolate marshmallows… }

Flag Post

I look around “Theres a Rock!wait,can we use that..?” I ask as i run to pick up the hardish medium brownish redish rock.(Of couse a kid that age would ask that xD)

Flag Post
Originally posted by speedy250:

(there are already home near the shore just alittle broken down from the storm I think? you can try to repair it.))

Flag Post
Originally posted by Brojack437:
Originally posted by speedy250:

(there are already home near the shore just alittle broken down from the storm I think? you can try to repair it.))

((Yes, I know that.))

(sticks mud and lumber onto the house, and polishes it)

All done.

Flag Post

Hob thought he would go exploring on his own this time. He told the others where he was going while everyone was doing things.

So Hob went exploring.

Flag Post
Originally posted by walfordking:

Hob thought he would go exploring on his own this time. He told the others where he was going while everyone was doing things.

So Hob went exploring.

(not the smartest Idea.what if you find aggrissive tribe and they kill you then they’d know about us. :o)

Flag Post

Rhaine said to Hob, “Wait Hob! What happens if you find an aggrissive tribe and they kill you?” Hob replied, “All of you are busy with building a shelter. What happens if they find all of you first before me? We want fresh water to survive and all we have is salty water from the sea.”

Hob had an idea. Hob said to everyone, “Who wants to come with me to find fresh water? I think half of us should go and find fresh water. The rest could carry on with the shelter then at least we’ll all be doing something.”

Flag Post

(I’m currently looking for a fruit tree)

Flag Post

The group just ends up using the sharpened stick to kill the crab. Kajak doesn’t manage to find any fruit trees but he had found a few wild berries. He only picked the ones he thought didn’t look poisonous. While searching for sources of fresh water, Hob comes across a rusty pot. “Hey,” he says, “We could use this over the fire to boil the ocean water, making it safe enough to drink!”

After sharing the small amount of food they collected, they noticed it was getting quite dark. They decided to settle down in the beat up home that S had slightly repaired.

Day 2

There was an unpleasant surprise when the group woke up the next morning. Two people, a boy and a woman, barged into the shack frantically. The woman rushes over to wake the closest person to her, which happened to be Kajak. After being shaken violently, Kajak wakes up and punches the woman on impulse. “Ow! No! We’re not here to hurt you. We’re stranded here too! I’m Jayden and this is Daniel. We were so excited when we woke up to see the smoke from the fire you made. We rushed over as fast as we could. We haven’t eaten for…” Kajak interupted her rambling right there.

“What makes you think we’ll feed you, lady?” He asked. “We worked hard to get the food we have, so why should you just get a free ride?”

“W…well, we could make a bargain with you.” she said. “Daniel and I found a knife that we could trade you for some food.”

“Gimme’ that. Alright, I guess I can give you some of the leftover berries that I found.”

New Party Members

Daniel Blake (Squidward568)
16 year old male. Blue eyed, and black, slick haired.
Jayden (NPC)
23 year old female. Green eyed, blonde haired, fair skinned, tall, with a medium build.

“There’s a house up a bit to the north of here,” Jayden said. “I didn’t want to go in it because it seemed too creepy. It’s a black house and it seems as if there is no damage done to it at all. We could head up there if you guys want to.”

Make a group decison: Go up to the house or stick around and do something else?