[Reserved for lock]

Flag Post

Thanks to ozzy123 for these!

Table of Contents
Part 1: Autumn – Page 1
Part 2: Winter – Page 9
Part 3: Spring – Page 23
Part 4: Summer -

The year is 2039. Man has already achieved space travel to a certain degree; being able to go as far as Pluto. And today, the first unmanned rover sent there is scheduled to return with samples of the ice. How could anyone have known that this event would mark the beginning of the end? They couldn’t. And so when the rover ‘landed,’ hundreds were gathered around. These were the first to change.

A virus was in the ice, an airborne one. It was released from the ice upon re-entry to Earth. It spread quickly, mutating millions within the first day. Most died, but a small few… survived. They were ‘placed for their own benefit’ in a city in Arkansas. This city was known officially as “City One.” Several other cities were opened up, 5 in total, and Arkansas become known as the ‘Mutant State.’

The mutated people had been mutated in ways to enhance their bodies. Many had skills that normal humans did not. The humans envied them, and some would go so far as to attempt to attack the cities. All attacks failed thanks to the guards placed around the city. But then it happened. A large scale revolt, led by a man named Ronte, attacked. The did not aim for the cities, at least not at first. They overthrew the government in North America after a year-long war. Then, they turned their attention to the cities. They would have destroyed them, but were pressured by other governments to keep them, as many mutants came from other countries. Ronte reluctantly agreed. Guards were placed in the cities, to ‘keep the peace.’ That was 3 years ago.

Times have changed.

Ever seen District 9? Well, it’s kind of similar, except that the creatures are mutated humans, not aliens, and there is not high-tech weapons and such. But the cities are run-down and food is hard to find. The guards are extremely abusive to the mutants, at many points causing them to go berserk so that they have an excuse to kill them.

Mutants, when enraged, become ‘berserk.’ This means that they get high amount of adrenaline, making their powers increase tenfold. However, once a mutant goes berserk, they are no longer in control; their body takes over. It is also impossible for a mutant to fully recover from going berserk; they may regain control, but now even the slightest things will make them re-enter the state.

When a mutant goes berserk in the cities, they go into ‘lockdown.’ All mutants must enter their ‘houses,’ any caught outside will be killed. The cities are harsh places to live. And yes, we all live in City One.

The game starts with your character in the slums. You can do most things, but remember this, it is a slum. You’re character can’t ‘go to the movies’ or something.

Please include your character name in italics at the beginning of your post.

What’s going on:

[Check back at a later time for more info!]

Flag Post

Wilson

I opened my eyes and sat up. Another day at work… I got up and put on the clothes I had discarded last night. I stepped outside and walked to work, as the rules of the city include not using one’s powers. When I reached the factory, I checked in. I stepped in the assembly lines with the others. I looked over at one of my fellow workers and friends, Johnny. I nod at him, and he nods back. Words aren’t exchanged, as the guards are watching over us constantly. Johnny has been my friend ever since I came into the city. We get back to work.

Flag Post

Tyler

I strech out on my bed, then get up and look out of my window. There I saw more guards, standing around like they always had.

Fu**ing pigs. I thought bitterly. I sighed then looked around. I spotted a glass of water across the room. I lifted my hand, and gently brought it to me. I drained it, then looked out the window, depressed at the life we now had to live.

Flag Post

Matt

I slipped on my armor and holstered my pistol. I picked up my rifle and stepped into the hallway. I walked down the hall and went out the door. Outside, my squad was waiting. “Rookie! Get the hell over here!” our squad leader, Blake, says. I’m not late to today’s patrol, I’m not even the last one here. Kant, another member, hasn’t shown up yet. But because it’s still my first week, Blake feels its his duty to chew my ass out at every opportunity. I sigh and jog up. I stand with the others, and Blake stares at me. Then he looks over at Kant, who’s stumbling over, still drunk from the night before. While this is completely against the code of conduct, Kant is one of Blake’s best friends. I look over at the other team mates, Max and Lank. They’re not new like me, but their not exactly best buddies with Blake. I’ve been trying to make friends with them both, but Lank has just ignored me and Max only replies with short responses. I sigh again and get ready to go ‘protect the peace.’

Flag Post

Wilson

As the day came to a close, I stepped outside with Johnny. “Wanna head over to Ricky’s?”

I nod and we walk towards his place. It’s a run down bar where the mutants hang out. We approach the place and step inside. We sit down and each get a beer. It comes, and I grab it with my right hand and down it. I sigh. “God, I hate this place.”

Johnny laughs. “Welcome to the club. Hey, hows things going with you and Allison?”

Allison is a good friend of mine who happens to be a girl, and Johnny likes to joke about me getting together with her. “I’ve already told you man, there’s nothing between us. We’re just friends.”

“Yeah, whatever.”

He looks at his empty glass, and then at Ricky, the bartender. “Hey Rick, get me another one.”

Rick just grunts and refills his glass. “Me too.” I say.

He fills mine and gets back to work.

Flag Post

Matt

The day’s been relatively ‘normal.’ We took one of them to ‘jail’ for having shown his powers off. He’ll probably be tortured for a week and then let out, as it’s his first offense. I hate the look on their faces when you put them in the cell. They know what’s going to happen. The pain. The look reminds me of my dad’s face before he was killed. And it’s pretty much the same every time. “Hey, rookie, scan that beast.” says Blake.

I get back to reality and look up. Kant is pointing at a mutant who just walked into a bar of sorts. I pull out my scanner and point it at him before pushing a button. A chip implanted within each mutant allows for easy tracking and identifying, and it also has a function to paralyze the person for up to ten minutes, in case of emergency. However, much of the time other guards use it if they get pissed at one, which is almost all the time. Either that or piss the mutant off so it goes berserk and they can ‘take care of it.’ The scan also allows us to see if the mutant has had any past crimes. It comes back with this ones profile. The mutant is ‘Nolan,’ he’s been caught using his powers twice. If he does it once more, it’ll be his final offense and he’ll be killed. Blake looks over my shoulder at the results. “Nice…”

Blake looks at the others. “Ready to go have some fun?”

He looks at the others. Kant smiles and nods, Max and Lank just grunt. We step into the bar.

Flag Post

Rhaine
I awake in my patched bed with my torn covers i yawn and look at the time.My eyes widen as i missed a day of work.I exit my small home and walk down the street looking at the bad enviroment I see one house with color a garden of flowers.I pass the house as i walk into a Bar and sit and lay my head down on a table.

Flag Post

Wilson

Johnny bumps my shoulder. “What the hell are they doing in here?”

He nods towards the guards. Although they are allowed to patrol all throughout the city, they normally never go into places like this unless they’re looking for a fight. The five of them walk up to a man sitting alone. They say something, and he looks up. One of them, probably the leader, tells the man to come with them. The mutant starts to protest, and their leader yells at him. He pulls out his rifle and asks the mutant if he’s threatening him. One of the guards, probably new, squirms at this. The leader again repeats the question, raising his voice. There’s definitely going to be a fight. Johnny looks over at me. “Let’s get out of here. I don’t want to go back to jail.”

We get up, pay Ricky, and walk towards the back door. “Hey, where do ya think yer going!” shouts the leader. “You with this monster? Trying to not get caught for working with him?”

I turn around. “No sir. We just are on our way home tonight. We are sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused.” I hiss.

I don’t mean a single one of those words, and the guard knows it. Copying my sarcasm, he says, “Well, I’m sorry to inconvenience you, but you’re going to have to come with us as well for questioning.”

Alarm goes through my head. I’ve been to the jails before; I don’t want to go back. The mutant who was originally being charged has been sneaking towards the door during the distraction. I don’t blame it; it’s probably his last offence anyways, and he’s probably innocent. Just as he makes it out, one of the guards turns around. “We gotta hot one Blake!”

Blake turns back from us and looks at the running mutant. He raises his rifle and pulls the trigger. The bullet soars through the air and hits the mutants shoulder, sheering off his arm. He clutches at the stump before falling over, screaming. All of the guards run outside. However, the rookie glances back at us at the last second and mouths, “Run.”

I don’t take time to think and turn to the door. “Come on Johnny.”

We run out the back door.

Flag Post

Tyler

I glance over at my clock, 10 minutes untill work. I got up, and threw on a shirt and pants, and walked out into the main room. I stared about the place, then gave a long sigh and walked out of the door. My entrance into the street wasn’t without notice, and I saw several guards glare at me as I passed. I walked into the building.

I walked into my office, small but cozy. I checked my desk for any paperwork, but like most days, there was none on it. I sat down in my chair, and then began wondering why this had happened.

Flag Post

Rhaine
I just drink a glass of water the water tasted stale didn’t look good ethier had some weird things flowing through it as I wait at the (no not your bar dood xD kinda cheap how they fight…scanner tazers the mutant?or kills?) back of the room at a table for the day to end.I watch some ants scatter across my table. After a few minutes i pay the barsman for the water and leave.I walk around the slums looking at the houses.

Flag Post

[The ‘scanner’ tazes the mutant. And it may be cheap, but it’s supposed to be cruel. I’ll edit it though to be more gory.]

Flag Post

Tyler

Tom, the guy who works along with me, walks into my room. He hands me a letter to be sent to a house a few blocks down. I nod, pick it up and go.

My job sucks, just running around delivering letters and shit. Phone messages were deemed to “mysterious and shadey” to use, along with e-mail and every other form of communication other than letters, which were investigated with hainous attention to every letter, trying to find a hidden message. The only ones that got through were the ones I or Tom would end up delivering.

I began walking down the street, I turned and saw a guard pretend to shoot a mutant not standing there, and knew all to well he would gladly do it for real. I continued walking, the daylight reflecting my mood.

Flag Post

[Great job so far guys! It’s really supposed to be dark and stuff, with maybe a few events happening. Tomorrow, a bigger thing will happen. Like I said, for the first like 1/5 of the game, things will be ‘normal.’ But then, everything will begin to change. Also, the game will take place over the time line of about a year, not in real life but in-game. So yeah, right now the game is in the beginning of Autumn, so make that reflect in the game. It’s supposed to add that element to the game, ya know? Like in winter, the layer of snow coating everything, etc. Also, don’t post something ‘major,’ i.e. “I steal a rifle from a guard and go on a rampage.” Be realistic, you’re not in the mood for that(at least not yet), you’re depressed and trying to make it through life alive.]

Flag Post

Rhaine
I walk down the streets and see a house on fire and a man throwing water on it.I control the flames to die down hopeing no one notices I walk back to my home and locks the door and sits on my patchy bed and start reading a book.

Flag Post

(LOL..I rhape alittle kid and start going beserker xD thats just Epic.. for the man with ballz to do that ;3 w/e When it starts a new season will you please annoance it?)

Flag Post

[Yeah, one of my character’s post will mention it. Also, for rhaping the kid, your character spontaneously combusts, and you die. Seriously. Ok, maybe not so seriously, as you didn’t really. If you did, I would have to report you to Chris Hansen.]

Flag Post

I reach the house the letter was going to. I slid the letter under the door, then turned and started walking back to the office. A cold wind brushed me, and I shuddered as it touched me. I made a barrier around my skin – not noticeable unless you see something run into it. It keeps me moderatly warmer, at least the wind chill won’t matter. I continue to travel down the road again, a grim look on my face.

Flag Post

[Speedy, reserved for lock means that once the game ends I will delete that post, which will lock the thread (Deleting the first post in any thread locks it). People do this so that there is no spam after the game is over.]

Flag Post

Oh.

s

I’m having a bad day…. Nothing to do.

S glances out the window

That looks interestings.

S strolls outside

Flag Post

[Hey speedy, FYI, if you post something off-topic, put it in brackets like this. It’s done in numerous Forum Games.]

Wilson

Johnny turns down the alleyway towards his house. “See ya tomorrow man.” he says.

“I hope so.”

I turn back to look down the street. The sun is beginning to set, but many are just getting out of their houses. The virus caused about half of the mutants to become nocturnal, which is great for production. As I walk down the street, I notice a man walking down the street. His outfit shows the telltale signs show him as someone who transports letters and such. He doesn’t appear to have any powers, but I probably don’t want to find out. I remember an old friend of mine, Ron, who lives in City 4. I follow the man down the road, and when he goes down an alley, I talk to him.

“Hey, can you get a letter to an old friend of mine in City 4?”

Flag Post

Tyler

I hear the request, I turn to him, and reply:

“Well, I only cover the area here in City 1, you need to go to the Long Letter Transport Center, though I haven’t a clue where it is, sorry.” I reply. I step past him, and I think my barrier rubs up against him – but it isn’t any concern to me. I round the corner and continue walking.

Flag Post

Wilson

I look after him. Considering the fact there is no Long Letter Transport Center, he’s clearly lying about something. I am about to follow him when I realize how late it is getting. I decide if I ever see him again I’ll show him the money first and then ask again. I walk back to my house and open the door, which falls off it’s hinges. “Just my luck…”

I set it back in to place, not bothering to fully fix it, and lie down. I shut down and wait for the dreams to take me away from the cruelty of this place.

Flag Post

Olorin
I am one of the nocturnal mutants. I wake up and put on my shoes. I look outside and by the position of the moon, judge the current time as 11:20, plus or minus 2 minutes. I am approximately 20 minutes late getting up. I go over to the local bar, Ricky’s. Most don’t realize it, but in the upper floor of this bar is my HQ of sorts. My lackeys, Jim and Pat, are here. Jim’s just an average guy. The only power he received was that of super strength. Probably hundreds like him in the city. Pat, however, is another matter. He has telekinetic abilities, extremely useful for a man in my business. Just this night we had a job planned that would rely on his abilities. I had invented a device that could jam the chips in our heads, however, due to the lack of materials, it was very hard to power. I had managed to save up enough solar charge, over the last few months,(you would not believe how much power this thing sucks up)to power it for thirty minutes. We set out for the guards station.

Flag Post

Tyler

I felt bad about what I had just said, but it wasn’t like I had much of a choice. I walk back into the office, and then stop, and turn and go into Tom’s.

“I don’t know how much longer I can lie about this whole buisness dude.” I whisper to him. He gives me an understanding nod. We converse for a few minutes, then see that the workday for us is over. We both exit, and say goodbye, then turn and go to our own homes. I go back into my house, and see that signs that one of the guards did a search – common, and slightly alarming of the place. A few things are moved, a small chair pushed over, and I go into my room to see it no better. I sigh, pick up everyhting slowly, I turn and grumble about their multiple violations of what used to be a fair country, then go back to bed.