(Game related) Copying each other. (locked)

20 posts

Flag Post

I don’t know if its me, but as a new idea catches on and is successful, then people will copy your idea.

Mutants: Rokun’s idea.

Island idea: Fogfun’s idea.

Alien/Space Mafia: My idea with my Dr Who Mafias.

Zombie RPs: My Idea again before it all changed into Forum Games Forum.

Attacking people games: (Not flaming them) Someone started this in OT and then we get base defender.

Perks were used in killers first and now we all use them.

Does anyone else see the pattern here? We’re all copying one another.

We need new blood and quick, otherwise we are all going to burn out with the same ideas all the time. It will quickly get boring.

Flag Post

Actually, the mafias are still pretty awesome, no matter how many times I play them.
But I got bored of the traditional RP’s fairly quickly, So I agree with you approximately 87.5% there.

Flag Post

I agree with walford here. So if anyone has a suggestion for new game types, post the suggestions here.

Flag Post

Thanks guys!

Flag Post

Also I think Nquoi1 in the art forums sucessfully invented island games with Colonize. Other than that, I am the main user of those games. And perks are just really cool.

Flag Post

actually even before you I remember people doing alien mafia’s walfordking, and I have been doing alien mafias forever, so I think its somewhat unfair to call it yours, but you are correct certain people do certain games

for instance I am starting a new idea, WWII rpg, with historical accuracy.

Flag Post

Why can’t we all be friends?

Sincerely,

The Mayor of Cede Point

Flag Post

Because you aren’t the mayor of Cede Point.

Flag Post

Yes I am. Who are you to know anything, you lowly citizen? I will have you arrested for accusing me of an impostor. I am the only Mayor.

The Mayor of Cede Point

Flag Post

fogfun your milking that aren’t you

anyways, I am just saying, mafia ideas are used time and time again.

Flag Post

I jumpkick your police officers and steal your mayor cap.

Flag Post

And well we all know that Zombie Idea is for no one, everyone thought about Zombie RP’s or Mafias. But truly Mutants are © by me.

Flag Post

Actually, mutants were thought up before you were born. Sorry.

[Also, I’m not milking it. Its… confusing.]

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fogfun:

Actually, mutants were thought up before you were born. Sorry.

[Also, I’m not milking it. Its… confusing.]

but not in this Forum its not, in other forums sure but in Kongregate I’m the one who thought of it first, and besides Zombies are not, I repeat not Mutants.

Flag Post

first of all, don’t start a riot

no ones ideas are origonal, they have been done on kongregate before, our only hope is to be the one remembered for them. Overall I would say the dr. who mafia is walford’s idea, mutants rokun, and most rp’s fogfuns, They are the people who come to mind when playing these dames. Same with speedy and base defender.

Flag Post
Originally posted by its_a_alt:

no ones ideas are origonal, they have been done on kongregate before, our only hope is to be the one remembered for them. Overall I would say the dr. who mafia is walford’s idea, mutants rokun, and most rp’s fogfuns, They are the people who come to mind when playing these dames. Same with speedy and base defender.

The RPs don’t belong to anyone. Everyone uses them. Plus, Kongregate/the entire interwebs has a zombie fetish. Whaddya gonna do about it?

Flag Post

Guys, we were doing RP way back when Sylvias and KirbyViper93 were part of Off-Topic. Most of you won’t recognise those names. The first KotH on Kong was made by KirbyViper93, if I recall correctly. We were also doing mafia games back then, which were brilliant, but they didn’t become stupidly popular until a short while later, and then people started complaining about the first two pages of Off-Topic always being full of games.

All the other games turned up around these times, ran by many people including me, my brother, Flare_x, RMcD, MoonlaughMaster, and a whole multitude of fun people who I can’t remember the names of. Sorry if this is you, but my memory is disastrously bad, as you probably know.

We were adding themes to these games every time they came up, and I think we must have been through a lot of them, if not all of them. Nothing here is brand-new and completely original. That’s not putting everyone’s games down, but there’s no need to get pent up about someone else’s game being similar to another one.

Flag Post
Originally posted by its_a_alt:

games like that have been on Kong before. There not those peoples copyrighted property. Nothings original, deal with it.

Flag Post

Here’s an idea that may have merit.

“Progressive” Games.
Basicly, games that constantly evolve internally as players become used to them.

Flag Post

You know this was last legit posted on 3 years ago, right?