[game] animal kingdom page 7

173 posts

Flag Post

Hmmm. I guess you are right.

Dive

I focus harder on Speed with one eye, while i look for Blade with the other. I eventually spot him, nocked out. I focus on him too, reducing his body temperature.

Flag Post

Speed
Oh man, oh god, oh man, oh god, oh man, oh god… where the hell is Blade?!
I suddenly see him, knocked out on the floor of the lake. I swim over to him, but suddenly find myself confronted by a massive, bloody eyeball. Almost immediately, the eye changes to the back of a throat, with a yellowish glow increasing in brightness at the back of it, illuminating the entire inside of the mouth. I move out of the way just in time; about a quarter of a second later, a conical blast of what would be fire but has turned into superheated water under these conditions hits the area I was in, and a massive area behind and around it as well.
And I could swear the water level just dropped again due to the blast.
I have to find Blade. He’s not gonna last long down here if the dragon keeps doing that.
I soon see him, his limbs and wings splayed out in a random fashion. I get within three feet of him before seeing something horrifying.
I can only describe it as a boiled, semi-melted thing with it’s organs inside out and on the outside of it’s body. I work out that it must have been a bird of some kind once, but only due to the pile of feathers lying behind it that must have been blasted off by the force of the wall. Turning away from the remains of it, gagging as I do so, I grab Blade and begin to drag him towards the surface, but soon find myself confronted by the dragon again. I attempt to swim in another direction, but get blocked by it’s massive fore-feet, and seeing as I have double the effort to make to move around and carry Blade with me, I’m not currently the most agile thing in the world.
Well, crap.

Flag Post

Dive

I see the Dragon stand infront of Blade and Speed. I start increasing the Dragons body temperature, then lower Blades and Speeds. Seeing that isn’t doing anything, i leap off the branch i was standing on and landing on the land infront of the water. I start focusing on the Dragons back, and then thrust my hands behind me. A large part of the dragons scale comes off its back, and flys towards me. Not the most intelligant thing to do. I leap over the scale and then start to increase the skins temperature.

Flag Post

The dragon seems to be distracted, all of a sudden. It appears to be scratching it’s back, trying to get something off it…
All of a sudden, one of it’s scales is somehow ripped off, and it roars in pain. At the same time, I realise that I feel cooler than I should in this water, as does Blade. The dragon turns, almost hitting me with it’s tail, and swims towards the surface of the water. Now unimpeded, I swim towards the opposite side of the lake and swim upwards.

Flag Post

Dive
The dragon turns around. I swear and stand still. I had to keep focus on Speed and Blade. But the dragon got closer. I kept my focus. The dragon got closer.
God, this is going to hurt.
And the dragon blew fire at me. I lost my focus and blacked out.

Flag Post

I am just about to reach the surface when I suddenly feel my temperature skyrocket. I turn to see that Dive has been hit by a blast of water from the dragon. Somehow, he must have been keeping myself and Blade cool down here.
But now he’s in real danger. Whilst the blast wasn’t as bad as with the other bird, he’s still horribly injured, and is also unconscious, and likely to be eaten by the dragon soon. I quickly deposit Blade onto the shore to prevent any further burns, then fly towards the dragon, yelling to get it’s attention. It turns to face me, firing yet more superheated water at me, which I dodge. By now, the water levels are very low, and the blast after next will almost certainly be fire, not water.
I’ve got to act quickly.
I leap out of the water, over the dragon’s head, ducking back under as a geyser erupts from where I was. I grab the body of Dive, and leap out again, flying away from the lake as fast as I can. The dragon quickly follows, now breathing fire into the water-free sky. There’s no way I’m going to outrun it. That I know. Therefore, I’m going to have to distract it with easier prey. I look around for something, anything, that could distract the dragon whilst I make my escape.
I soon find the ‘anything’ – a huge herd of deer. Perfect. I land, then fly underneath the dragon as it lands. I puts it’s head roughly between it’s legs and breaths yet more fire at me, it’s legs and stomach unaffected for the scales.
I now feel as though I am being chased down a long tunnel by a random generic explosion. I briefly consider whether humans used that sort of thing in their films, before I fly from underneath it’s tail and escape into the sky. Looking back for a moment, I see the dragon mercilessly slaughtering the deer with ease. Great. Hopefully, we’ll be long gone when it finishes them off. I fly back towards where Blade is.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

[That’s how flyingman operates. Bah.]

Gorrath

“Yes. Safe. Empty and hidden. We can stay for some time.”

…it has been a lot of time since I had talked to anything.

anything .

Gill
Gorrath and I stay at the new home.
I go in the water, having fun and eating stuff.
I like to poop.

Gorrath
This place is fun, XD

Flag Post

Camo
I saw Dive get nocked unconcouss. And speed grabbing him and flying away. This wasn’t good. At all.

Flag Post

We eventually get back to where Blade is, and I lay down Dive and check for vital signs… definitely breathing, definitely got a heartbeat. That’s all I can do, but he should definitely live.
I then go over to Blade, and check for vital signs in him.
…again, there is a pulse and breathing, but they’re both very slow.
‘Come on, Blade…’ I say to myself. ’Don’t give up… please…’

Flag Post

Camo
I fly over to speed.
“Thanks.” I say, then notice Blade. “Blades not in a good condition at all…. He needs serious medical attention!” I fly off to get help.

Flag Post

Speed
‘You don’t say?!’ I yell after him. I check Blade’s vital signs again…
Oh God. His heart has stopped. I attempt to revive him, but with no luck.
Tears start streaming down my face. I can’t believe it. No… Jesus Christ, no…
The unthinkable has happened. And I cannot accept it has happened.
Oh God, no…

[CLIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFHANGER! Don’t interfere with either of them. You’ll see why in my next post.]

Flag Post

[I wouldn’t make any posts here anyway. That’s my official instructions.]

Flag Post

Camo
I fly up towards the trees. I find a small branch. I stare at it, and it thickens. I climb onto it and hit the end. It snaps, and i fly up towards another one. I do the same, over and over again. Finally, i fky back down and light the others on fire. A camp. Now i just had to get Dive here to rest. I sit in the trees and relax.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Minnakht:

[I wouldn’t make any posts here anyway. That’s my official instructions.]

[Well, why is this? Also, you still didn’t answer my question which is on the previous page.]

Flag Post

Camo
I open my eyes and fly around. I must have sleepwalked away from the lake, and now i seem to be lost. Damn. I start to look for any track back to where i was earlier that day.

Flag Post

[I wouldn’t expect my post getting agreed with and getting through flyingman’s highly… unpredictable, unjust judgment, and as such I wouldn’t make any.]

[But I would Awesome Face, yes.]

Flag Post

Speed
All of a sudden I hear a voice. A mocking voice.
‘Ha ha ha haaa… your friend is dead, then, I see.’ Instinctively, I know this is the bird that had been turned inside out from earlier.
‘Yes, I am the same bird. Well done, but you’ll get nothing for your efforts.
‘Now then, are you prepared to face me yet? Or do you wish for me to kill you without you ever seeing me?’
I remain where I am.
‘What, are you afraid of me? Or do you want to be with your lover and die, like a coward?’
‘Shut up.’
‘Ahhhhh, so you DO have some fighting spirit then!’ He laughs. ‘Shame it’ll be put to waste once you’re dead, and in Hell with your boyfr-’
SHUT. THE HELL. UP.’
‘So you don-’
NOW.’ I am suddenly angry. Very angry.
So angry, it frightens me. As though I could blow something apart just by looking at it.
‘Alright, I’ll just get on with your demise, then.’ With that, I hear a loud noise, somewhere between a ripple and a tear. I know that once whatever is making the sound is upon me, I’ll be dead, probably blown apart.
And so will Blade’s body.
My anger begins to peak.
I spin round to face the bird that was mocking me, slashing the air as I do so.
And a sound similar to an explosion occurs.

Flag Post

Camo
I am still lost. I found a trail of large paws. I smiled and followed. This should be my footsteps. I follow them until i hit a large mountain. Interesting. It wasn’t here before. I frown and climb up it. At last i reach the top. A noise made me freeze. A growl. Two red eyes bore out of the top. I only just realised what it was. The Dragon.

With me still standing on it, frozen to the spot, it unfolded itself. I held on to where i was standing. The Dragon growled at me and flew up very high. I started to slip off. I yelled in pain as i struck a large scale, rougher than all the others. I grabbed hold of the bottom of the Dragons wing.

Fall off now, the drop would surely be fatal. My wings still wouldn’t work, as the wounds were still hurting, bursting to rip my wings off, one by one. So flying off wouldn’t work.

How about trying to control it? No. What am i thinking? That would be impossible.

I have to stay on. Thats the only option.

I clung on for what felt like hours, but i knew it had only been a matter of seconds. The dragon turned its head around to face me, then blew fire at me. The fire missed, but the shock had made me lose my footing. I slipped, and the dragon flew out of reach.

I yelled as i dropped down. In about 20 seconds i would hit the ground and die. No doubt about that. If i could only find a plan.
Think, Camo, Think!

Flag Post

Speed
Holy crap… what the hell did I just manage to do?
From what I saw, a wall of distortion of some kind was just about to reach me as I turned. However, some other kind of distortion flew from where I swiped and impacted the other wall, obliterating them both.
The bird, which is just about reformed, with a slightly collapsed shoulder and feathers missing, is flabbergasted by what I have just done. He attempts to speak, but only comes up with ‘Whudu- how… buh… I…’
’I’m not going to let you harm Blade.’ I say to him. He quickly regains his composure. And with it, a glint of madness in his slightly melted, but slowly reshaping, left eye.
‘Well, well, well… it seems we have a telekine here, like myself. Able to command things to do your bidding, can you? Hah, no… your power is weak. What you exhibited before would merely have been a show of anger. There’s no way you could do it again.’
‘Personally, I don’t care what just happened… as long as it stops you from harming Blade any more.’
‘Oh, please. You already said that, and besides, he’s dead now. What do you care?’
‘That will be the last thing you ever SAY!’ As the last word leaves my mouth, I send a tendril of psychic force at the bird to rip him apart. He obviously noticed it; in response, he sends his own tendril back at it, stopping it with immense force. I send more at him at the same time; all stopped.
A psychic battle begins – myself versus this… creature.
If it can any longer be so called, so far has it’s madness gone.

Flag Post

Camo
I figured up an idea. I looked at the ground and focused. A rush of air forced me back up. The pshycic power coming from me was going to cushion my fall. I landed gracefully, then noticed the dragon behind me. I turned around and focused on the fire coming towards me. It hovered in mid-air, then went back at the dragon. The dragon leapt over it, and blew more fire. I held the blast of fire, but this time i kept it there. I had a plan.

Flag Post

Drago

Drago sensed prey nearby but it was blocked by trees (I can’t fly yet) so I burned the trees with my fire and struck the bear with my claws.

Flag Post

I hear camo in a struggle with a dragon twice as big as me. I rush over there and slash the dragon with my claws.

Flag Post

calebmock, are you even in this FG?
Plus it died a Long time ago. :(