[MAFIA GAMES] Official Mafia Role Suggestions Topic page 2

40 posts

Flag Post

Name of Role: Dart Monkey
Description of Role: Targets someone and throws darts at them, injuring them. If the person targeted would normally be injured rather than killed, the dart does nothing. If the person targeted happens to be the red bloon, that person dies, and the dart monkey automatically wins. If the red bloon is killed before the dart monkey targets them, the dart monkey loses instantly.
Side: None

Name of Role: Red Bloon
Description of Role: Must avoid being targeted by the dart monkey. If they survive the game without being targeted by the dart monkey, they win the game. If they are killed or targeted by the dart monkey, they lose instantly. They believe themselves to be a normal mafia member.
Side: None/Evil

Flag Post

Name of Role: Morph
Description of Role: Really rare, has a power to change to other type of character, cops that are investigating are getting random result, example: Person A (Cop) Investigates Person B (Morph), Person A gets information that he’s Townie each time he investigates him, but Mafia cop get’s info that he’s mafia.

Flag Post

Name of Role: Townie Spirit
Description of Role: Like a normal townie, but when dead, the townie still has the power to talk and vote. The townie is just dead.
Side: Town

Flag Post

Name of Role: Anti-Hitman
Description of Role: Kills during the day not night
Side: Mafia

Flag Post

Name of Role: Farty Marty
Description of Role: Invincible to everything except lynches
Side: Townie
&
Name of Role: Farty Marty the bad Darty
Description of Role: Invincible to everything except lynches
Side: Mafia

Flag Post

Triggered Mafia Quack Doctor – The Doctor is not informed that they are Quack. As a result, they’ll end up killing a fellow Mafia-member. It’s recommended for the game moderator to pad the numbers of the Mafia to compensate for this. Once the ‘Quack’ aspect is discovered, the Mafia will believe that they have 2 NKs per Night. This is where the ‘triggered’ aspect comes in. Once the Quack Doctor hits a certain target of Town kills (preferably only 1), the Doctor becomes 3rd party and one of three things can happen:

1. The Quack Doctor is force-replaced, so the replacing player does not know who the Mafia is.

2. The masonry stays intact, with the Quack Doctor still able to communicate with the Mafia as per normal.

3. The masonry is removed, and the Mafia is aware of the Quack Doctor’s new alignment.

I prefer 3, because it makes it really interesting and difficult for both the Quack Doctor and the Mafia. They each know who they are, and the Quack is trying to eliminate the Mafia without rousing the Town’s suspicions and the Mafia is trying to out the Quack without revealing that they’re Mafia themselves.

Unlimited Commuter – Able to travel away each Night, but not able to vote the following Day.

Third Party Framer – Would need some connection to the Cop. Not sure how that would work, yet.

Third Party Identity Thief – Able to steal (not copycat) the power role of a target each Night. If they choose to use their acquired powers at Night, they can use all of them. However, they cannot steal and use their powers in the same Night.

Town Analyst – At the end of each Night they receive a report that can (but isn’t guaranteed) to contain the following information: number of town, mafia and 3rd party in the game, number of power roles in the game, number of power roles that used their power that Night.

Flag Post

So adv0…why revive a 2010 thread? How’d you even find it? >.>

Flag Post

Here are some roles from some of my games. I may add to this list if I ever host a Role Chaos game in ChatGames…

Silver Warlock added on 1/24/2014
Death Godfather added on 3/5/2014
Gift!Enabler removed on 5/12/2014 since it’s already been done before: It’s called an Inventor.

Caporegime
My first use: 2013 Mafia
Alignment: Mafia
Ability: When an ally performs a nightkill, you can have that player override all of their target’s stacks of either Bulletproof or Doctor.
Restrictions: The effect overridden must be chosen by the Caporegime. This power does not work on the Caporegime’s own kills unless there’s another Caporegime present.
Comments: If each scumbuddy only gets their ability when they do the nightkill, this basically becomes a nerfed Strongman.
Various armors
My first use: What the Hell?!
Alignment: Various
Restriction: In a game with multiple types of nightkills, a mod may choose to have Bulletproof/Protection only apply to one type of attack.
Examples: Bulletproof/Kevlar stops Mafia/Vigilante, Wolfsbane stops Werewolf, Garlic stops Vampires, Chainmail stops Mutants (2013 Mafia)
Comments: Probably already been done actually. Becomes a low-bastardry power if the kill stopped doesn’t exist.
Combat Medic
My first use: RaceBandit’s Storm of Chaos
Alignment: Town
Ability: If target is legal, protects self and one player from one nightkill. (Notice I didn’t say each.)
Restrictions: Cannot self-target, cannot target same person on consecutive nights. If the target and the Combat Medic are attacked in the same night, they will both die. (The last restriction didn’t actually exist in SoC, but you can apply that if you want.)
Comments: Should only exist if multiple nightkills exist. In retrospect, it might’ve been a neat addition to 2013 Mafia since that had, what, four NKs at the start of the game?
Barkeep
My first use: The Eye of Madness
Alignment: [Most likely to be] Town
Ability: The target will be roleblocked on the following night. In EoM they would not know about this until they were roleblocked.
Restrictions: Had none in EoM, but here are some ideas… You can prohibit them from targeting the same player on consecutive nights, and/or you can send targets a PM when they get the extra-stiff drink as well as when they’re roleblocked.
Comments: I mentioned this role way back in SBM as a replacement for the Giraffe Spy in case Bluji rolled the latter.
Acolyte
My first use: The Eye of Madness
Ability: Mason recruiter. Anybody can be recruited into the mason regardless of alignment. (Compare the MR, who dies if it tries to recruit mafia.)
Restriction: If the Acolyte dies, so does its mason’s chat.
Comments: I remember an SC2 Mafia ability where the Mason Recruiter could kill Cultists. If you want to consider that for the Acolyte, have fun.
Silver Warlock
My first use: I have not used this role yet.
Alignment: [Most likely to be] Town
Restriction: Doctors targeting this player act as if they were nightkills, and vice-versa.
Ability: You may impose this restriction on one player per night. It will wear off at the start of the next day.
Comments: I talked about this in ChatGames when noting modifiers and custom roles, although it was called the Jackass Genie back then. I changed its name because I explicitly wanted it to count as a human. Now that people know about it though, I have less of an incentive to include it in my first ChatGames Role Chaos games.
Death Godfather
My first use: Super Bastard Mafia
Alignment: Mafia
Ability: Investigations and death flavor will display a different role, usually town-related.
Restrictions: In some setups, the fake role will be picked out by the Mod. In others, the player may have to pick out a role before the power works. The power also doesn’t work if the DG killed someone during the same/last night phase, or if the DG’s death would end the game.
Comments: The unholy marriage of the Godfather and the Death Miller. I can’t think of anyone who did it before me, inside this community or outside.

Flag Post

I guess I could throw some roles in. (I’ll rudely borrow your form, Race.)

Berserker
My first use: Level Ate
Alignment: Likely to be mafia
Ability: If his nightkill is stopped, the next nightkill he performs will be a strongman (and/or a janitor) kill.
Restrictions: Depending on the game mod, the ‘if nightkill is stopped’ clause can be edited to include only blockings by a roleblocker, or blocking by a doctor.
Comments: It’s quite a difficult role to utilize, since you need to outguess who would be protected — or the other way around, attract enough attention to get roleblocked.

Gravedigger
Ability: Revive a dead player for the next day phase; allow the revived to talk and vote; the revived dies again at the end of the day phase
Restrictions: Can’t revive anyone twice. Level 2 of this role included the revived to also use their night actions for the next night (= the revival lasted an additional night phase), meaning this role can be nerfed/buffed whatever way you want this role to be.
Comments: Depending on the way it works (just day or day+night), the role’s power really changes.

Post Count Limiter
Alignment: Any
Ability: Allows his target to post only X times the next day phase.
Restrictions: The game mod decides X.
Comments: Nothing much. I like this role a lot.

World (Modifier)
My first use: Ugh, can’t remember.
Ability: Makes its owner use the action on all players.
Examples: World tracker (finds out every NA target), world janitor (janitors all deaths)
Comments: Depending on the action, can be a really powerful modifier.

Flag Post

Kronos
You command the Titans, the strongest army there ever was. You are mad with power and enraged at three of your offspring who had previously led to your demise. You have been resurrected and nothing can stop you now. Due to your regenerating body, you must be killed twice within 4 consecutive phases to be destroyed. You command the Titan and who he kills. If your Titan happens to die, you may choose to swallow one person whole. However, this will leave you vulnerable to kills for the night. The Titans must be half of the remaining people or the majority to win.
Third-Party (Titans)

Titanus
You are led by the all powerful Kronos. You will kill one person each night at your master’s command. If your master happens to die, you will be able to choose your own target. The Titans must be half of the remaining people or the majority to win.
Third-Party (Titans)

Flag Post

…sure, why not. Here’s all the roles from Psychosi Mafia for you guys.

Roleswapper
My First Use: Psychosi Mafia
Alignment: Neutral
Ability: At any time, the Roleswapper may target any player they wish; this will cause the Roleswapper to steal the targeted player’s role, whilst replacing it with the Roleswapper role.
Restrictions: None in Psychosi Mafia.
Comments: The role is funniest when people are roleswapping left and right – it can seriously screw up everyone’s strategies if played well.

Roleswapper Bomb
Ability: The same ability as the Roleswapper; however, if the role survives to the end of the fifth play phase (i.e. the end of Day Phase 3), the person who currently holds the role is killed immediately.
Restrictions: None in Psychosi Mafia.
Comments: The role is funniest when the person holding it dies horribly. Because as we all know, being forced to perform actions is never fun. Ahaha.

Domino Roleblocker
Ability: Anyone who performs any action upon this player during the night is automatically roleblocked; furthermore, the same effect spreads to that player, so that they also automatically roleblock anyone who targets them whilst themselves passing on the effect, and so on.
Restrictions: None, barring player limits, since it’s a passive ability.
Comments: Yes, this can potentially lock up an entire night’s worth of actions if the roleblock spreads far enough.

Moon Worshipper
Alignment: Moon Worshipper
Ability: None.
Restrictions: Anyone who posts during the day is a Sun Worshipper, and must be killed by game’s end. Technically, the Moon Worshipper themself also counts in this, though for Psychosi, this was not the case.
Comments: If someone decides to be a dick and have the Moon Worshipper count as a Sun Worshipper when they post during the day, good luck trying to play this role.

Virus, a.k.a. “Joker”
Ability: 50% chance to apply a random role to the target, 50% chance to apply a random effect to the target.
Restrictions: One target per night. Otherwise, not much.
Comments: This didn’t really get used much in the game, unfortunately. I figure it would be a potential gamechanger if used effectively, however.

Anomaly, a.k.a. “Mace”
Ability: Whilst this role is in play, neither Town nor Mafia can achieve a victory, even if one side should have lost.
Restrictions: None.
Comments: Potentially powerful, but I think better suited for a more vanilla game than what it was played in.

Sanity-Switching Cop
Ability: Alignment cop; switches between sane and insane whenever investigated.
Restrictions: One target per night, but otherwise unrestricted.
Comments: The trick here is figuring out whether you’re sane or insane at any given time. After figuring out that you switch between sane and insane in the first place.

Cult Cop
Alignment: Any (Cult)
Ability: Believes self to be an alignment cop; actually a cult leader.
Comments: Watching the player eventually realise that they are the demons can be funny.

Stoned Cop
Ability: Alignment cop; all results are neutral.
Comments: I believe this role ended up being kingzak’s downfall in the original Psychosi, due to discrepancies in investigative results.

Drunk Cop
Ability: Alignment cop; is sane on odd nights, and insane on even nights.
Comments: This is like the Sanity-Switching Cop, but more reliably sane or insane.

Unstable Cop
Ability: Alignment cop; is naive on odd nights, and paranoid on even nights.
Comments: Not helpful, on account of how the role works.

Cloudy Cop
Ability: Alignment cop; has a 25% chance of getting incorrect results.
Comments: What the incorrect results are is down to the GM.

Grammar Nazi
Ability: Alignment cop; a target who has made any grammatical errors at all over the course of the game is found to be mafia-aligned, but is found to be town-aligned otherwise.
Comments: Lotta work needed on the GM’s part, in this case.

Really Really Insane Cop
Ability: Supposedly an alignment cop, actually a pseudo-serial killer; investigates like a naive cop, but the target mysteriously dies at the beginning of the next game phase.
Comments: Heh heh heh.

Flag Post

Oh! I’ve been dying to use this role, but the opportunity has never arisen:

Vote Serial Killer

They’re a Serial Killer, but instead of killing the person, they steal the person’s vote. They have the same win condition, and they use a one-time ability to kill everyone that they’ve stolen votes from.

Grammar Nazi
Ability: Alignment cop; a target who has made any grammatical errors at all over the course of the game is found to be mafia-aligned, but is found to be town-aligned otherwise.
Comments: Lotta work needed on the GM’s part, in this case.

That seems a little unfair. So, if someone says “your” instead of “you’re” or mixes up “then” and “than”, they’ll investigate as Guilty? Seems a bit extreme, especially considering that not everyone speaks English as their first language (and even those that do aren’t perfect all the time – especially in a forum setting).

2/12/2014: My attempts to include the Death Godfather caused the post to melt.

It was probably the line breaks pushed the dash limit over 40. Replace the ‘---’ with the ‘< hr >’ HTML tag. Same thing, minus the melting.

Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

So adv0…why revive a 2010 thread? How’d you even find it? >.>

I was just … poking around old FGF. Problem?

Flag Post

I used the ‘< hr />’ HTML tag for my line breaks. Trying to change the tag to what you suggested left the line breaks intact, but broke the rest of the post. I might be using too many asterisks or colons… will have to try using strong tags in place of asterisks.

EDIT: Replaced the hr/ HTML tags of hr tags. Replaced the asterisks with strong tags. No dice with either change. I think I have too many colons.

EDIT 2: Ohhhhhhhhhhh! My links had too many hyphens in them!

Flag Post
Originally posted by RaceBandit:

EDIT 2: Ohhhhhhhhhhh! My links had too many hyphens in them!

Glad it works now!

Flag Post

Three-Way Masonry – A is masoned to B & C, B is masoned to A & C and C is masoned to A & B. However, none of them are aware that their masons are masoned as well.