[Game related] shall we make a, Come Check Out The Forum Games Week on Kongregate!

40 posts

Flag Post

Should we make a topic in the kongregate forum, a “Come Check Out The Forum Games Forum Week?”

I mean it would be a great way to advertise, plus a few games need to be filled up such as one or two of the many mafias, and help the new kongregate’ors to learn about this forum. Not many people even scroll down this far. Avatar weeks have done good before, so why not try this?

If everyone agrees that we want to do this, then people with spots that still need to be filled in your games, please post the links, and they shall be included in the main post for the

so shall we?

Flag Post

Good idea, but, how would we advertise the Forum Games forum?

Flag Post

I kind of like the idea, but you shouldn’t treat them like this forum is completely foreign to them. I’m sure a majority of everyone knows about this forum. You should just give reasons why they might want to come here.

Flag Post

exactly

and to answer jaumeBG we give a link to the forum, and a list of games that still need players. this should attract some people.

Flag Post

I still think Forum Games is doing just fine. Its expanding slowly, but we have enough people here to enjoy ourselves. Let it expand gradually, so that loads of people don’t just burst in and the community feel is lost.

Flag Post

I do think it’s a good idea, but if you take your average long-term forum game, there might be views in excess of ten times the number of posts. On the other hand, there are a lot of people in your average chat room who might not even care that the forums exist, they might only ever use the first three tabs under the site logo. Consequently, I agree with the proposed idea, but it has to be timed just right.

EDIT: Okay, my post is just below a very valid point. Unless people start to drop out, maybe we should just watch the lists for games to play and advertise in our regular chat rooms. With approximately sixteen regular or becoming regular players, that’s large enough for most games. Still, even if this does become a reality, we may not have a large audience who really is excited about it.

Flag Post

well it is spring break, thats 7 days, so why not now?

Flag Post

bump..

so I guess pretty much everyone says no.

Flag Post

Well, its a good idea, but we only want one person to do this or otherwise it will be spam. We don’t want that to happen.

Flag Post

You need a better name for it, one that doesn’t make it seem foreign to everyone else. “Forums Games Week” would be fine. Maybe write Kong a email or something asking them about it.

Flag Post

agreed walfordking, also helkaine I agree, I will post the topic, if we all agree, or we could make a community forum games user. Basically we make a profile that all a few select users form the forum games forum can use.

so what do you think?

Flag Post
Originally posted by its_a_alt:

agreed walfordking, also helkaine I agree, I will post the topic, if we all agree, or we could make a community forum games user. Basically we make a profile that all a few select users form the forum games forum can use.

so what do you think?

Ok, I’ll make the account. Shall I name it “Forum_Games”?

Flag Post

Because Alt isn’t responding, I think that would be a great name. Who should have access though?

As for the overall idea… I think it would be ok. I agree that the whole tightly-knit community thing makes things a lot of fun, but many Forum games (Other than mafias) fail. If we had more people, they might not.

Flag Post

I don’t think account sharing would be too good of an idea. Seems like a quick way to get the account perma’d to me.

Flag Post

Your not aloud to share accounts on Kong. It would just get banned.

Flag Post

Oh yeah, forgot… How about 1 person makes it and they’re responsible for the promotional thing. Who wants to do it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fogfun:

Oh yeah, forgot… How about 1 person makes it and they’re responsible for the promotional thing. Who wants to do it?

Why dont we just ask Kong to feature the forum games section on the home page or something?

Flag Post

I think its a alt should make it because he came up with the idea.

Flag Post

Sounds good. That would actually help a lot for everyone who doesn’t check out the forums. And trust me, a lot of people don’t.

Flag Post

The only thing is will Kong actually allow it? What if we focused not just on the Forum Games, but on the whole Forum? So basically just a “Forums” week? We have a better chance of them saying yes to that then to just a forums games thing.

Flag Post

I got it. How about a forum week like you said, with each day a specific forum?

I.e.

Sunday: Kongregate
Monday: General Gaming
Tuesday: Off-Topic
Wednesday: Serious Discussion
Thursday: Art
Friday: Music
Saturday: Forum Games

What do you think?

Flag Post

Great, we should ask kong about it. Then make a thread about it in OT, and in Kongregate.

Flag Post

No Fogfun, we want to promote forum games forum to get more people playing our games. But that’s a good idea thou.

Flag Post

But it does promote the forum games forum.

Flag Post

But they could promote the forum in general. See above idea.