[Story] Creation

16 posts

Flag Post

[This is my story for how this forum, and all of Kong for that matter, was created.]

On the first day Jim created Kongregate. He looked at his creation and all of the people congregating to it, and saw that it was good.

On the second day, Jim realized that although Kongregate was a glorious site, it had no content. So Jim allowed for the users to put up games on the site. Many did, and popularity increased. Jim saw that it was good.

On the third day, Jim created the forums. Many came here to talk with each other, and post memes. Jim saw that this was good.

On the fourth day, Jim wanted to make it so that people could play the games on his site and chat. At the same time. So he created the chat window. Many praised this revolutionary idea. Jim saw that it was definitely a good idea.

On the fifth day, Jim decided to allow for badges to be put on certain games, so that achievement whores would stay here until they got every last one. the people would have more fun playing the games. Many loved the badges, and strived to obtain them all. Jim saw that this was good because many would stay on the site for hours and his ad revenue would increase exponentially.

On the sixth day, Jim allowed for developers to put artwork on the site as well. Many loved the ability to share their artistic qualities with the world. Jim saw that this was the last piece, and that Kongregate was very good.

On the seventh day, Jim rested by playing games on his site. However, he soon grew bored, and realized he wanted something more. Something that would require much imagination, and be a lot of fun. So he created the forum games section. Jim looked at his now finalized creation, and saw that it was epic.

[Rate 1-5.]

Flag Post

Sounds familiar…

Flag Post

This story was so awesome it made me cry and break my laptop.

Flag Post

Glad you like it!

Flag Post

you get points

Flag Post

you should post this on the kongregate forum, but it was a smart idea to post this here first because, from what i can tell, most people here are more muter

Flag Post

So you guys want me to re-post this? In Off Topic or Kongregate? I’ll probably do OT, but I want your opinions.

Flag Post

you should both, scratch that ill post it on the kongregate forum giving credit to you while you post it on the off topic

Flag Post

do i have your permission?

Flag Post

That was the best story ever.

Flag Post

Yeah, go ahead awesome. Also, glad you liked it Helk.

Flag Post

It was good, but this is for games, not stories. The clue is in the title, forum GAMES forum.

Flag Post
Originally posted by walfordking:

It was good, but this is for games, not stories. The clue is in the title, forum GAMES forum.

If I remember correctly the story is about the creation of Kongregate, which leads to the creation of games.

Flag Post

Cool story, bro. Cool story! 5/5

Flag Post

Thanks guys! And yeah walford, someone specifically asked for a tale of how the forum games forum was made. I made one, but decided to have it encompass all of Kongregate instead of one forum.

Flag Post

I give it a 4. I believe Jim created Forum Games last because he wanted to give his chosen people the greatest thing since the sliced bread achievement.
EDIT: I’m really sorry. I didn’t realize I was bumping this when I posted my story rating. My apologies.