Tactical King of The Hill

31 posts

Flag Post

Thanks for coming! Note, this is not for the mentally challenged. That means YOU.

Above is the hill. Ok, it’s not a hill. But see the road in the middle? You need to control it, and the black-roofed building slightly above it. (L4-L6)

Generally, this will be open for some minor debate. In the end, I will compare the real-world weaponry used (must use real-world weaponry) to decide the winner if it is unclear.

Tanks can not go in buildings, helicopters cannot touch down.

Please be serious with this game. I will be the game manager.

Rules
Be serious: posts must be at least a paragraph and include tactics and placements.
Don’t troll: it’s an instant flag from me.
Your budget: 2 Millions dollars per post. You may not double post. If your outpost holds off an attack after I decide the forces and do some randomized dice rolling, you can reinforce during your next post.
Budget Clarified: If price is unknown, use the price of the most similar object whose value is known.
Have fun!: not to be too cheesy or anything :P
Nation: Decide what nation you will be. You can only use weapons used by your nation. (Pick Sealand, go ahead. There entire army is 3 guys with hunting guns)
No GodModding
Be realistic. Don’t say, like, I bring in 15000 troops. This is more supposed to be small-squad.
Unit-Per-Square Cap: 5 Men, 2 tanks, barbed wire counts as 1 man.

Starter defense:
3 troops armed with C8 Assualt Rifles on K4
1 Leopard2 tank on K5
Barbed wire and a gate on K3, J5, and K6.

Flag Post

Sounds interesting, but I’m already signed up for more forum games than I can keep track of.

Flag Post

get a slot in the first sticky. luckily helkaine closed his.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FlameFlight:

Sounds interesting, but I’m already signed up for more forum games than I can keep track of.

You don’t have to sign up, it’s a drop in thing.

Originally posted by wizard96:

get a slot in the first sticky. luckily helkaine closed his.

Done.

Flag Post

ok, i take tile k4

Flag Post

I come in with The Red Army from China, cost 10,000 dollars to transport + 1,000,000 dollars for enough supplies to hold down squares I2,I3,J3,and J4 for as long as we like.

Flag Post

ok, i take tile k4

Read rules.

Originally posted by zedd236:

I come in with The Red Army from China, cost 10,000 dollars to transport + 1,000,000 dollars for enough supplies to hold down squares I2,I3,J3,and J4 for as long as we like.

Not really what I was thinking. More of a “buy troops, chose squares, and attack”. That works, but please be more specific as to what troops you have. Re-read OP for example.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CanadianOverlord:

ok, i take tile k4

Read rules.

Not really what I was thinking. More of a “buy troops, chose squares, and attack”. That works, but please be more specific as to what troops you have. Re-read OP for example.

Just regular soldiers, armed with chain guns.

Flag Post

ok, i take tile k4

Read rules.

How many?

Flag Post

ok, i take tile k4

Read rules.

How many?

Oh, say 15,000.

Flag Post

ok, i take tile k4

Read rules.

How many?

Oh, say 15,000.

Uh, that’s kinda a little crazy. Be realistic, please. (will add realism to rules).

Flag Post

It’s not crazy. China has a ton of people.

Flag Post

It’s not crazy. China has a ton of people.

Cramming 15,000 into a large house and it’s backyard?

Flag Post

Crud. Fine then. 150 in each square. I’m sure you can do the math.

Flag Post

Crud. Fine then. 150 in each square. I’m sure you can do the math.

I’ll add a 1-squad (5 peep) cap per square. Please re-read the rules if you haven’t.

Flag Post

Okay then. I spread my forces out thinly over the whole block and the surrounding roud. We set up blockades to disrupt trafffic trying to get to the building. we also put some anti-aricraft tanks in squares K6 and K2. 80 people, 4 tanks.

Flag Post

Okay then. I spread my forces out thinly over the whole block and the surrounding roud. We set up blockades to disrupt trafffic trying to get to the building. we also put some anti-aricraft tanks in squares K6 and K2. 80 people, 4 tanks.

That’s more what I’m talking about.

Flag Post

Thank you. This is all fun!

Flag Post

My 4 troops and 1 tank are completely outnumbered. No matter, they were simply a garrison to hold from easy pickings.
3 C-130 Hercules are inbound, 2 turns. They are each carrying 3 squads of 5 men, 2 of them are carrying LAV III Armoured Personnel Carriers.

In the mean time, the leopard 2 has a very clear shot at the AA gun at K2 and K6, however only one can be destroyed by it per turn. (7/10 chance of being destroyed), and the AA gun at K2 ca be fired on by my infantry. (1/2 chance)

BATTLE

AA gun at K2 survived.
AA gun at K6 destroyed.

2 Canadian infantry provide cover fire and dig in at the side of the road, while the other 2 move into L5.

Btw, I use a randomizer for battles, and try to make accurate chance levels. If you disagree, feel free to take it up with me.

Flag Post

My troops garrison their territory. I bring in a squad of regular soldiers to make an assault while I call in reinforcements from the north. 105 men. 6 tanks at N3-L2. Troop cost 40,000 in US dollars. The tanks begin bombarding your C-130 Hercules, if I am right and that is not an air unit.

Flag Post

My troops garrison their territory. I bring in a squad of regular soldiers to make an assault while I call in reinforcements from the north. 105 men. 6 tanks at N3-L2. Troop cost 40,000 in US dollars. The tanks begin bombarding your C-130 Hercules, if I am right and that is not an air unit.

Sorry, it is. Wiki it if ya want :P

However, my troops are under pressure.

I rent (100th of the price, full price transfered into debt if lost) 7 CH-47 Chinook helicopters, to air-lift 4 LAV IIIs, 1 LAV III Mobile Command, and 2 M114 Howitzers. My Troops in the planes are now 1 turn away. These are 2.

My tank turns to fire on the K2 AA gun. Same chance as before.

Battle
AA Gun destroyed
Troops in K4 fire, 2 troops in L2 destroyed.
Troops in L5 fire, 1 troop in N3 destroyed.

you can tell me to make your guys shoot at any time

Flag Post

What is the point of having 2 KOTH games running?

Flag Post

AA gun at K2 fires at the helicopters. Tanks at L2 fire.

Flag Post

I bring in ten M4A1 troops with bullet-proof armor into squares H2 and H3. Following them is one tank on H2 with an anti-air cannon and a light machine-gunner.

[I’m fairly sure I can afford this. I probably won’t participate much, just adding some resistance here and there.]

If they survive, move them to I1 and I3, following the path to J2 and J4, K2 and K4, L3 and L5, and L4 and L5 finally.

Flag Post

I take Tile L4, I get 2 squads of foot soldiers.