[Game] Icy Plains: Episode 2 (NOW ACCEPTING PEOPLE)

360 posts

Flag Post
Man has landed on new planets, and found none to match the glory of their home. They have found no aliens but single-celled organisms. All have been hostile wastelands, barren of life. All this is about to change with the destruction of the equivalent of a cruise ship in space and the fifteen survivors. The fifteen will struggle to survive in a hostile world. They’ll attempt to find out more about this hostile planet. And they’ll find some forces behind this planet and its success that nobody should ever have to see. Yeah, not my best, but whatever. PODS: 1: Desmond (AbusedZebra) 2: Rufus (Minnakht) 3: Jake (squidward568) 4: Leo (wizard96) 5: Sam (SilentSam) 6: Jimmy (sellyme) 7: Joey (hero122) 8: Wilson (Fogfun) 9: Joel (kilozombie) 10: Hob (walfordking) 11: Bill (roflcoptertyler) 12: George (gandalf5166) 13: Kajak (zedd236) 14: Jaye (FlameFlight) 15: Jarl (Brojack437) The game ends when all 15 people have found their end somehow. It’s guaranteed to be one of the below 10: 1: Die. (Desmond-AbusedZebra-???)(Sam-SilentSam-???)(Jimmy-sellyme-???)(Joey-hero122-???)(Joel-kilozombie-???)(Hob-walfordking-???)(Bill-roflcoptertyler-???)(George-gandalf5166-???)(Kajak-zedd236-???)(Jarl-Brojack437-???) 2: ? 3: ? 4: ? 5: ? 6: ? 7: ? 8: ??? 9: Get picked up and brought back to the nearest base. 10: For whatever reason, don’t get picked up. Depending on your ending, you may still be able to continue the game. Obviously, death means you’re out (usually), but not all ends are absolute. Now, you are on the cruise spaceship before the accident. GO. EDIT: Damn, sorry, the post broke by length. It used to be neatly spaced. I'm trying to fix the problem.

Flag Post

I eat a future equivalent of a hot-dog, having paused my Nintendo HSU with Final Fantasy XXIII on it. I like those retro games…

Flag Post

Dude, this cruise was just what I needed. After getting out of the military finally, I needed a break. And now I’m being massaged by a beautiful woman…… Life doesn’t get much better than this.

Flag Post

After getting up froma nice rest, I decide its time for my afternoon run. I run many laps around the ship (how many shall not be disclosed), then go have some lunch. Mmm, future-equivalent of hot dogs, my favorite. I notice that the ship has a Nintendo Yuu VR console. Its not the newest, but Nintendo certainly has made tracks since that first one, the Wii. History says that it had some kind of a wand that you swung around. How silly. After finishing my future-equivalent of a hot dog, I run through the ship, seeing what else the ship has to offer.

Flag Post

The ship passed through an infamous sector of space: ZZ Alpha. It was known as the Ship Graveyard to all who dared go near it. The ship lazily flew through space on momentum alone. Nobody was near the large window on the back, for ZZ Alpha supposedly had few planets. If they had looked back, they would have seen two missiles flying toward the ship with a purpose.
(You know none of this. Wait for my next post, please. You can still act, but you don’t know about the missiles.)

Flag Post

[Would that be ZZ Plural Alpha?]

Flag Post
Originally posted by gandalf5166:

[Would that be ZZ Plural Alpha?]

(Slightly modified so that it would fit better with my spatial coordinate system, but yes.)

Flag Post

[I <3 HHGTTG]

Flag Post

The missiles hit, throwing the ship off its course and blowing a considerable hole in it. All sorts of alarms sound. Only a few escape pods are left, but then, it’s sim-night on the ship, and most of the people were in their rooms… which were on the side that got blown apart. (No players died.)

Flag Post

“Oh man whaaaaa” I yell as I close my HSU and grab some food from the table nearby, then rush to the escape pods.

Flag Post

I hear the alarm go off as some of the bedrooms were blasted into nothingness. I manage to flee my room before it happens, and I eventually find my way to my previouly assigned escape pod.

Flag Post

Rumbling. Alarms. Both of these things and a large fire in the corner of the dining quarters alert me to get to the pods. I run out of the room into the elevator to the pod floor. It falls to the bottom of the shaft.

Good idea.

I run up the stairs, littered with molten metal and titanium, covered in fire. When arriving at the floor, the ship tilts and knocks me off my feet. I barely avoid a large metal pillar covered in fire. I get up and slog myself to the pods.

I pass the door reading “EMERGENCY POD ROOM 1-15” and use my DNA scanner chip to get through. A couple people are already in pods, so I dash my assigned pod: 9. I seal myself inside while the alarms are tuned out by screaming.

I just hope that Matt made it to 34… I then realize seeing the door locked. “PODS UNAVAILABLE.” Oh, no…

Flag Post
Originally posted by zedd236:

I quickly get up, grab my emergency pack from under my bed, and run to my previously assigned escape pod. The emergency pack gets caught in the door, and is left behind when the door closes.

(The rooms were BLOWN INTO CARBON MONOXIDE, OZONE, AND HYDROGEN. If you were in bed, you wouldn’t exist, so no. At least say you were in first class or something.)

Flag Post

[[Oh, you meant Zedd. Read it wrong, I suck.]]

Flag Post
Originally posted by kilozombie:

[[Oh, you meant Zedd. Read it wrong, I suck.]]

(Doesn’t mean it doesn’t apply. Those missiles are some kind of futuristic super-explosive, okay? It’s like instead of an explosion, it’s a sudden lack of stuff. Get it? And BTW, the emergency packs are in the pods.)

Flag Post

[Oh, OK.] Editing it completely.]

Flag Post

(There. That’s good. Now we just need the other people.)

Flag Post

[I believe that would be called an “implosion”, where it sucks things in rather than explodes]
As I’m rounding the corner of the gym, the entire ship is shaken. “what?” Alarms begin blaring and as procedure dictates, when alarms blare you get the f*** out of there. I run to the Pod Room 1-15, and get in my Pod, #5. I strap myself in and eject.

Flag Post

Holy shit. I run with the girl to the pods. 10, 11, 12! I hop in and seal the door. I hope she lands somewhere near me…..

Flag Post

Only the pod two seems to open for me. Gah. I climb in and hope.

Flag Post

[Just realized I was pod 12, not 14, editing.]

Flag Post

(edited)

Flag Post

The PS9 system shuts down and I see fire all around me
“Crap!” I say ad jump trough the fire, as my fireproof suit will protect me. I come near my first class room and I quickly go in and grab my most dear belonging, God ol’ mini. My trusty Nuclear powered, homing plasma, repeater pistol. More specifially the XYZ-558 NHR gun.

I continue running for the pods and find the one designated for me, 14, and jump in as something behind me explodes.
That was too damn close" I say as the pods fires off

Flag Post

(Keep exiting the ship with your pods. I’m just going to do something neat with Sam and his pod. Similar things will happen with everybody.)
EPISODE 1: DEEP FREEZE
Sam entered his pod and pulled the over-the-shoulders restraint down, grabbing the handles. He reached out, and pressed a button. The pod vibrated for a few seconds, then shot out away from the ship. After a few seconds, a small hatch opened away from the door and revealed a window. Sam looked out and gasped. A planet, mostly white, was laid out below him, or at least a small chunk of it was. He knew there was more, but couldn’t see it. He lowered his head and looked up. More pods were coming down, but not many. It was at that moment that Phase 2 kicked in, and Sam was nearly hurled out of his seat. The only thing sparing him a concussion was the safety restraints. About half an hour later, Sam hit the surface with a loud slamming noise. Gravity was strong on the planet, and Sam opened the supply kit. It contained all sorts of useful items: a temp-control suit, a knife, a pistol, and a steel exoskeleton. It was built to help with high gravity. There was also a rebreather, although it wasn’t needed. This planet had an atmosphere very similar to Earth’s. He put on his temp-control, then his exoskeleton. He then grabbed the weapons and opened the door.
(Pod number determines the pack you get – but all packs are the same. :P)

Flag Post

[What? Pod number determines the pack you get, but they’re all the same? Wow.]