[Game] Macaw (TABLES HAVE BEEN MERGED it is sellyme's turn now)

135 posts

Flag Post

MIND YOU THIS IS OUTDATED READ THROUGH TO SEE HISTORY

Welcome to the game of Macaw. Four players have already been cleared to start, the other three still need to find a partner.

For the rules, go consult the signups.

The players at the first table are:

1. TailsTheFox12
2. zedd236 Fricknmaniac
3. BCLEGENDS
4. sellyme

This also indicates the order of acting.

The players at the second table are:

1. gandalf5166
2. squidward568
3. wizard96
4. JaumeBG

Now, for the first game.

The cards have been dealt. Check your whispers for them.

The first card is the 10 of hearts. Go. It’s TailsTheFox12’s turn now.

The second table is ready. Your cards have been dealt, check your whispers.

The first card is the 7 of hearts. Go. It’s gandalf5166’s turn now.

Also, a sort of an example playthrough can be found here.

Rules:

All players get five cards, and a card from 5-10 range is placed in the middle, other cards piled aside. Players have to get rid of their cards to win, but the only way is to place cards on the middle one, and you can only place the same value or suit, can place multiple cards of same value as long as placing the first is a legal move, and can place multiple cards of same suit if they’re next to each other in rank and in 5-10 range. Players take turns in a cycle. Cards that are not 5-10 have special qualities:

-2 makes the next player draw two cards unless he places a same suit 3 or another 2, then the effect stacks and is passed on the next player
-3 makes the next player draw three cards unless he places a same suit 2 or another 3, then the effect stacks and is passed on the next player
-4 makes the next player skip one turn unless he places another 4, then the effect stacks and is passed on the next player
-Playing the Jack enables you to call one value from 5-10 range, and until your next turn including it, you all can only play cards of that value
-a Queen can be played on anything from 5-10 range regardless of suit, any powerless card, and you can play one next card on it.
-King of Hearts makes the next player draw five cards, can be reversed by King of Spades including adding five more cards to draw
-King of Spades makes the previous player draw five cards, can be reversed by King of Hearts including adding five more cards to draw
-Kings of Clubs and Diamonds do not cause drawing cards by themselves, but when directly under one of those two Kings above, they add 5 cards to the value
-Playing an Ace lets you call a suit, and the next card has to be of the of the suit you said.

When you cannot play a valid card, draw a card.
When one card left in your hand, say “Macaw”. If you forget and someone reminds you, draw five cards.
When you have no cards left, say “Macaw over” or “YAYZ I WON” or a phrase similar to the last one. The other players may continue to play and win if they want to, but this is entirely choice.
When enough cards are dealt so the deck runs out, the topmost card is taken from the center pile and the others are shuffled and used as the deck.

Flag Post

I play the 3 of hearts.

Flag Post

Valid move. It’s zedd’s turn now.

(And I am not going to do such posts too often. Just enough to watch over and regulate.)

Flag Post

By what I see I presume the second table of players won’t play until the first Macaw match is played. Am I right, or do we both play at the same time?

Flag Post

We both play, he’s supposed to give us a card to start with, though.

Flag Post

You do, the 7 of Hearts.

Flag Post

Oh. Sorry. I play the three of hearts. I think its funny that me and tails are playing the same card.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

By what I see I presume the second table of players won’t play until the first Macaw match is played. Am I right, or do we both play at the same time?

Same time, of course. Why would I keep you waiting?

Originally posted by gandalf5166:

Oh. Sorry. I play the three of hearts. I think its funny that me and tails are playing the same card.

I tried to shuffle the best I could, applying many different methods many times. So, randomness!

Flag Post

I play the seven of hearts

Flag Post

Invaild move, sorry. Read the rules.

Okay, as you didn’t bother to check the rules, the invalid move is considered to be “pass”. In this case, you draw 3 cards, as Tails played a 3.

Next moove.

Flag Post

I’m a bit confused, could you try formatting the rules a bit so they’re clearer? Also, I understand the bones, but in square brackets with the Queen, does that say you can play the Queen and in the same move any other card?

Flag Post

I put down Queen of Hearts.

Flag Post

i put down 8 of hearts.

Flag Post
Originally posted by sellyme:

I’m a bit confused, could you try formatting the rules a bit so they’re clearer? Also, I understand the bones, but in square brackets with the Queen, does that say you can play the Queen and in the same move any other card?

Yes, it does indeed say that… Well, we can play on that, the example match is done on the second ruleset, though, so it is a bit different. As for the formatting… well, I tried to make myself clear the best I could already… BUT you can go and try to give it better wording, why not.

Originally posted by squidward568:

I put down Queen of Hearts.

Listen, the previous card on your table was the 3 of hearts. Let me check the rules k

-3 makes the next player draw three cards unless he places a same suit 2 or another 3, then the effect stacks and is passed on the next player

You haven’t played a different 3 or the 2 of hearts, so you draw three cards. You can’t play the Queen of hearts here.

Originally posted by wizard96:

i put down 8 of hearts.

After squid received the three cards drawn, the power of the 3 of hearts ran out and you could play this, yes.

So, situation:

Table 1:

Topmost card: 3 of hearts (powerless)
Awaiting for: BCLEGENDS’s move

Table 2:

Topmost card: 8 of hearts
Awaiting for: Jaume’s move

EDIT: Acknowledged the move below. Thanks for showing up, too. I don’t want to post so often, that’s why no new post, and dinner time.

Flag Post

I play the Ace of Hearts. Also, sorry about being inactive, I had to go to bed at around the time this started. Anyways, the suit I choose that you have to play is clubs.

Flag Post

Excuse me, but the rules say that you can play cards of the same suit within a 5-10 range. It’s the same suit, and a seven.

Flag Post

Let me see.

Squidward tried to play a Queen of hearts on Table 2. The previous card on Table 2 was 3 of hearts, played by gandalf5166.

On Table 1, zedd236 tried playing a 7 of hearts on a 3 of hearts that was played by TailsTheFox12. This was an invalid move, as you cannot play anything other than a 3 or a same-suit 2 on a 3.

So, my best bet is that you mixed tables up, not player.

Flag Post

Sorry, I didn’t see it was my turn! I’ll play this card: 2♥

Flag Post

Nice symbols there. Sadly I can’t really do such thing on a laptop due to the lack of a numpad… Well, acknowledged. Last update, I go asleep and then to school after this one.

Table 1:

Topmost card: Ace of hearts (Clubs)
Awaiting for: sellyme’s move

Table 2:

Topmost card: 2 of hearts
Awaiting for: Gandalf’s move

Flag Post

Ok, I can’t play. Edit: Just realized this probably is confusing, I meant that I couldn’t play a card.

Flag Post

Okay

You have been dealt two cards, as it was a 2.

Topmost card: Ace of hearts (Clubs)
Awaiting for: sellyme’s move

Table 2:

Topmost card: 2 of hearts (powerless)
Awaiting for: squidward568’s move

Everything updated, Imma be back in 7-12 hours.

Flag Post

Iron Man 2 was epic :P

Anyway, 2 of clubs. Thanks for that change :)

Flag Post

Arrrgghh.
I play 3 of clubs….

Flag Post

Sellyme, valid. Updating.

squid… The 3 of clubs isn’t a 2, nor it is a hearts card. The 2 of hearts is now powerless, right. Still, you have to match either the suit or the value. Therefore, your move is invalid… so, we’ll just assume you passed. 1 card for normal passing.

Topmost card: 2 of clubs
Awaiting for: TailsTheFox12’s move

Table 2:

Topmost card: 2 of hearts (powerless)
Awaiting for: wizard96’s move

Flag Post

2 of spades.