Scavenge (Game) [Flame is close to death] (locked)

92 posts

Flag Post

“Are you sure this is the place?”
“Yep. Gives me the willies. Anyways, were here to make our fortunes.”
“Is there any risk involved?”
“You bet. But it looks fairly decent, right?”
“I don’t know…”
Welcome to Scavenge! This is a labyrinth style game where you try to make a fortune off of an old abandoned house! There are numerous traps n’ stuff here, but your primary goal is to make as much money as possible. There is a group of 10 who are willing to risk it all for money. Will you join?
Items:
Only one per person.
Compass: Tells which floor you’re on.
Metal Detector: Increases COIN output by 20%
Magnifying glass: Increases VALUABLES by 20%
Rations: Health increased to 120.
Metal Armor: takes 20% less damage.
Batteries: May work in something…(foreshadowing)
Matches: Identifies traps in neighboring rooms (5 to start)
GPS: If you’re on a ground floor, tells which direction is to the exit.
Sunglasses: Immune to light based traps.
Gas Mask: Immune to gas based traps.
Money:
This is the thing you are primarily trying to acquire. Money comes in coins and valuables. Anything that isn’t coins are valuables.
Traps:
These are weapons scattered throughout the 10 floors. Traps are either force-based (low damage), light-based (medium damage), gas-based (medium damage), or explosive-based (high damage). There are more low damage traps than medium or high damage traps. You start out with 100 health (unless you have rations). Once you reach 0, you die and everything you have is left for someone else to use.
Note:
You’re allowed to post once in every update. This will be adjusted for reasons later on.
Sign’d
1. Fogfun (Wilson) [batteries]
2. hero122 (Joey Quiver) [compass]
3. jittyot (Sam Croffer) [metal detector]
4. speedy250 (Bob) [gas mask]
5. FlameFlight (Jaye) [Metal Armor]
6. SilentSam (Kalvin) [Rations]
7. sabercow (Sabercow) [“Pimp Shades”]
8. squidward568 (Chris Crippler) [GPS]
9. pludrpladr (Mike Clastery) [Matches]
10. gandalf5166 (Jake) [Magnifying Glass]

 
Flag Post

<stats>
Fogfun (Wilson)
Item: batteries (6)
Health: 100/100
Money: $0
Items: Bug Spray, Margarine, Spoon
hero122 (Joey Quiver)[6th]
Item: Compass
Health: 100/100
Money: $500
Items: None
speedy250 (Bob) (10% resistance)[5th]
Item: gas mask
Health: 100/100
Money: $522
Items: Sword
FlameFlight (Jaye) [2nd] (Incapable of heal(2)) (Unconscious(1))
Item: Metal armor
Health: 80/100
Money: $1,150.05
Items: Liquid 1 and 2
SilentSam (Kalvin)[1st] (Healing converted to damage(3))
Item: Rations
Health: 65/120
Money: $1,307.57
Items: Knife, Iodine, 1L canteen
sabercow (Cyrus)
Item: Sunglasses
Health: 100/100
Money: $0
Items: None
squidward568 (Chris Crippler)
Item:GPS
Health: 100/100
Money: $0
Items: Swiss army knife
pludrpladr (Mike Clastery)[3rd]
Item: Matches
Health: 95/100
Money: $1,090
Items: hammer
gandalf5166 (Jake) [4th](Random direction[blind])(1)
Item: Magnifying Glass
Health: 95/100
Money: $565
Items: None


<competition>
jittyot 10th

 
Flag Post

I’ll go North please.

 
Flag Post

West “…for $2400.” “This is your next question…”

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Fogfun:

I’ll go North please.

You approach the hallway to the North. There is a silence. No money, no traps, no nothing.
“Oh well,” you think to yourself. “Better move on if I want to get any gold!”

$0 collected, 0 damage taken, no items received

Possible actions:
North
East
South

Originally posted by FlameFlight:

West “…for $2400.” “This is your next question…”


You proceed west. There is just a cold chill. “Nothing.”, you reply. Then something catches your eye. A glimmer. You run over and find a meager amount of gold under a desk. Well, it’s a start.

$50 collected, 0 damage taken, no items received. You are in first place.

Possible actions:
North
East
West

There is a strange odor coming from the west…
btw, you can post after an update like this one. Only one post between updates, please.

 
Flag Post

I shall go north.
[Just wondering, how are you keeping track of the layout? Or are you making it up as we go?]

 
Flag Post

I have PowerPoint.
I keep 10 different plans of the floors. This has been planned.
This is not an update.
Waiting for at least 2 more people for an update.

 
Flag Post

South

 
Flag Post

I’ll go East.

 
Flag Post

south

[can i change my name to cyrus]

 
Flag Post

I’m running low on time, so I’ll update here and update around 9 hours from now. Anyways,

Originally posted by FlameFlight:

I shall go north.
[Just wondering, how are you keeping track of the layout? Or are you making it up as we go?]


You come across a bag of gold on the floor. Knowing that you’re instincts suggest that there is a reason behind everything, you inspect the bag. Sure enough, it’s gold, but the bag is tied to a string. You do not possess anything that can cut the string. Do you take the bag and see what happens or do you leave?

Decision

If you reply no, you can go:
North
South
East
West

Originally posted by SilentSam:

South


You approach a long hallway. There is a knife on the ground. As you pick it up, you notice that there is a blood stain on it. The thought makes you shiver.

$0 collected, 0 damage taken, knife acquired.

Possible actions:
South
North

You hear footsteps coming from upstairs. They seem really close, almost overhead…
Originally posted by Fogfun:

I’ll go East.


You travel east. As you travel, you find a solitary vase on a table. You swipe it. Almost immediately, a maniacal laughter is heard. You are shocked. And scared.

$200 collected, 0 damage taken, no items recieved. You are currently in 1st.
The laugh makes you shocked! Receiving 100% extra damage for two moves.

Possible actions:
East
West

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by sabercow:

south

[can i change my name to cyrus]

Sure.
Your post will be updated tomorrow in 9 hours.
Edit: So will gandalf’s.
Sorry, it’s 10:00 here.

 
Flag Post

I move east.

 
Flag Post

I’ll continue East, as its obvious that something is moving around and might be following me.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by sabercow:

south

[can i change my name to cyrus]

You creep South expecting the worst. As you go,you start to hear creaks from the floorboards that seem to grow in strength.
A worried look is locked on your face.
“If this floor caves in, then I’m-
The floor caves in. You are quick to your senses and manage to run before the hole advances. You have escaped.

$0 earned, 0 damage taken, no items received.

Possible actions:
North
South
East

Hopefully, you didn’t give away your position…

Originally posted by gandalf5166:

I move east.


You move east. There is nothing of value in that room. You take a glance at a silver sign on a piece of wood that says: “8th floor”. You pry the sign out with your fingers. You continue.

$540 collected (was $450, 20% bonus), 0 damage taken, 0 items received.

Possible actions:
North
East
West

Originally posted by Fogfun:

I’ll continue East, as its obvious that something is moving around and might be following me.


You move east. You jump in surprise as you see a man, alive, sporting a gray beard like you see in those movies.
“I’ve lost my motivation, it’s useless.” he replies. You follow his eyes and notice he’s looking at your vase. "Maybe that vase will bring my motivation back. Do you give him the vase?

Decision

If you say no, possible actions:
North
South
East

 
Flag Post

I think about it for a moment, and then hand over the vase.

 
Flag Post

Not wanting to upset what is likely a trap, I loose the knot just a bit, take half the gold, retie it and quickly set off to the West.

 
Flag Post

I move North. Are you calculating the damage, miss chance, etc., with an RNG, or is it set? Like sabercow’s pit, did he dodge because there wasn’t actually a trap there, you just told us there was for flavor text, or because he managed to roll above a 90?

 
Flag Post

I will go south.

 
Flag Post

South

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by gandalf5166:

I move North. Are you calculating the damage, miss chance, etc., with an RNG, or is it set? Like sabercow’s pit, did he dodge because there wasn’t actually a trap there, you just told us there was for flavor text, or because he managed to roll above a 90?

Well, technically there is a random number generator involved in calculating damage, but the chances of succumbing to a trap increase the farther you travel from the starting area. He had around a 5% chance from where he was, and the RNG rolled a 6 (weird, huh). Even though I try to create suspense, that was just the luck of the roll. Gold is randomly selected (between 1-2500). The amount you can salvage increases the farther away from the starting point you are.
Will update in around 2 hours, need to mow lawn, work on wood project, and eat dinner.

 
Flag Post

East
South, my bad, dont know where I got East from.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Fogfun:

I think about it for a moment, and then hand over the vase.

You give him the vase. He hands you a backpack and runs off, cheering for no apparent reason.
You open the pack. You found:
Bug Spray
Stick of Margarine
And a sharpened spoon

-$200 earned, 0 damage taken, bug spray, margarine, spoon received.

Possible actions:
North
South
West

Originally posted by FlameFlight:

Not wanting to upset what is likely a trap, I loose the knot just a bit, take half the gold, retie it and quickly set off to the West.


You scored yourself $200 gold. No traps were set off. You travel west. You see a conspicuous bag of what appears to be silver on the ground. You walk over there and about midway there, a bunch of fumes spread out. These fumes are non-deadly, used to primarily ward off predators, and you are only slightly injured. You feel sick to your stomach, however.
You grab the bag.

$300 earned, 8 (10*0.8) damage taken, no items received.
You are extremely nauseous! Cannot heal (yes, there are healing items) for 6 turns.

Possible actions:
South
East

Originally posted by gandalf5166:

I move North. Are you calculating the damage, miss chance, etc., with an RNG, or is it set? Like sabercow’s pit, did he dodge because there wasn’t actually a trap there, you just told us there was for flavor text, or because he managed to roll above a 90?


You move north. You come across a door, locked.
You are unable to get in, but you manage to swipe a few gold pieces from out from under the door.
You take note that the lock is a brass-like color.

$25 earned, 0 damage received, no items taken.

Possible actions:
North
West
South
I’ll do the other 3 soon.

 
Flag Post

I go north.

 
Flag Post

I go west.
[Make a map. I get a feeling it will be helpful later.]