[Game Related] I need some of your ideas.

10 posts

Flag Post

I’m going to be making a game sometime this month called Siege. The main idea is a kingdom that is being attacked by its rival kingdom. This is going to be an experimental type of game (I’m just calling it that because I don’t know what category it will fit into :P) with a few elements of mafia, role playing and other things all put into one.

What I need your help with is coming up with some roles for each side. Names for the kingdoms would also be appreciated. :)

Flag Post

Good guys:kardon
Bad guys:Citadel

Flag Post

How about Reginavia or something with ‘Regi’ or ‘Regina’ in it, to symbolise a monarchy, and another called ‘Theonia’ to symbolise religion or something like that?
I can think of some good names that mean things like ‘land of the turquoise sea’ perhaps, if you want me to. But I thought as those are relevant to the game, they could be decent.
How about roles like:
King (the guy in charge of the country!)
Cardinal (advisor to the king, but also a link to a powerful religious outside influence like the Pope)
Prime Minister (in charge of the economy, the King can veto any moves the Prime Minister makes not to his taste)
Lords (people sponging off the king, have influence in their region)
Advisors (advisors to the king, offer tactical military knowledge)
Rebels (opposition to the King, like assassins)
Pope (outside influence, a boss influencing one or both countries)
A few proles, or peasants. (keep them happy or keep them powerless, don’t lose both or there will be trouble)
Revolutionary Thinkers (cultured enemies of the state, could shake the kingdom if left to own devices)
Secret Police (the kingdom’s way of keeping the proles in check)
Army (the people carrying out the King’s orders)

Flag Post

Both teams could be mafia and they have one person who can kill one opponent a night.

Flag Post

with RPG combat. and a level up system. :3

Flag Post

Here is what i think……

You all have a role. You then fill in a description of your character, not mentioning your role. You then do things like fight people, when you have signed up, and have a storyline game related. At night, you will be whispered if you will die. If that happens, you can make up a story of how you died… If you get lynched, the rules of normal mafia still apply. But in a game like this, i recommend not allowed to vote. It would be a really fun game.

Flag Post

Keep the ideas coming, guys! I like a lot of them so far.

I am still thinking about it, but I have a basic idea for the combat system. The officer of a faction (as in knights, rangers, or anything along those lines) will start off with a certain amount of money. That money can be put towards three categories: Infantry, Armor and Training. Putting money towards infantry will give you more men, money towards armor will upgrade the amount of damage you can take and training will make your men stronger.

There’s still a lot more to be added to it, but what do you guys think of it so far?

Flag Post

That sounds pretty good. But how does the mafia element come into it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by morrrr:

That sounds pretty good. But how does the mafia element come into it?

Like I said, it’s not completely finished. :P

What I’m thinking is that the King of each kingdom will be able to cast a spell on someone(not knowing their role) every two or three days, instantly killing them, this sort of working like a nightkill.

But I don’t know about that. I want your guys’ opinions and ideas because it’s not about what I think is a good idea, it’s about what you guys will enjoy. So if you have an idea, please share.

Flag Post

This is just me, I know there are loads of other people who enjoy RPGs, but if it is mainly an RPG then I probably won’t sign up. If it’s mainly a strategy or a mafia game, perhaps I will. Sorry to be so… playing hard to get… but I have a lot of work in the coming month or so, and I don’t want to be playing more than 2 or 3 forum games at once.