[Sign-ups]Virtual Reality[Sign-ups closed!]

33 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for Locks, Barriers, Walls, and all other types of detaining mechanisms.
DISCLAIMER: This has nothing to do with a game called ‘H@CK’ on a forum called ‘Roleplayers’.

[Make sure you read the whole prolouge before ‘filling out your application’.]

Prolouge Part I – Advertisment
Suppose that in the future, gaming systems had increased in quality to the point where a person didn’t just see the game, hear it, move and the character moved, or any combination of the above, but they quite literally were injected into the base game template, ceasing to exist in real life but for a backup genetic copy, any number of which could then be sent into the game to assist if necessary. Complete loss would eject them back into reality. Of course, to the outer physical world, no time passed at all but in the player’s mind. This technology might be wildly popular in the future, possibly, but the future is now. At least, somewhat. A group of ten of the best young video gamers will be chosen to test this new technology. Over varied games they may go, but the overall experience they had will be the determining factor in if this is mass produced. Will you be one of those first ten, who leads the charge?

Prolouge Part II – The Story (Futuristic Background Info)
The applicants were selected, and all tested positive in the final examinations. They bravely went through the pains this would take, including having monitoring chips put in their heads. These would keep track of their statuses, as well as contain advice. Then, through the prototype portal they went, to their respective places. All seemed well…too well. Then, it happened. An overactive day and newly activating magnetic field was all it took, and several components at the nearby electric plant flickered ceaselessly. Traveling down the line, the resounding power surges wrecked the equipment, as well as messing with the monitoring chips. As the reality/VR portal broke, all its data fused. Now, all ten find themselves again together in this newly muddled world. They must wander, fight, and search to find their way out. This raises questions as to what would happen when they got back? They would remain the same, as the researchers agreed amongst themselves. They would have to live with it until a way to ‘cure’ their condition was found.

Flag Post

Application Information:

Name:
Favorite video game character (Or whichever character you want to play):
Description and location(game) of above character:
Abilities of above character:
Other relevant information:

1. (gandalf5166) Jake – Link – Legend of Zelda Series
2. (FlameFlight) Jaye – Miles ‘Tails’ Prower – Sonic series
3. (flashdeath30)Nara – Gandrayda – Metroid Prime: Corruption
4. (wizard96) Leo – Samus – Metroid series
5. (walfordking) Richard – Mr. Moneybags – Monopoly
6. (magik98) Paul – Mechafighter – Robokill
7. (squidward568) Chris – Ichigo Kurosaki – Bleach
8. (BCLEGENDS) Alex – Giygas – Mother 1
9. (KnucklesKTE12) Luke – Knuckles – Sonic series
10.(SonicTHedgehog12) Seth – Sonic – Sonic series

Flag Post

Statuses:

1. Jake – REALLY not prepared for briefing
2. Jaye – Prepared for briefing
3. Nara – In transit
4. Leo – In transit
5. Richard – In transit
6. Paul – Prepared for briefing
7. Chris – Prepared for briefing
8. Alex – Prepared for briefing
9. Luke – In transit
10. Seth – In transit

Flag Post

Reserved for other news.

Flag Post

Jake
Link
No description really necessary. From Legend of Zelda.
No special abilities, just a sword, and a tunic stuffed with awesome items.
So, yeah. This sounds a lot like H@ck, a game that Rokun was trying to host on Roleplayers.

Flag Post

[Please also note that a character can only be taken once. Also, I have never heard of this ‘Roleplayers’ place.]

Flag Post

Name: Jaye
Favorite video game character: Miles ‘Tails’ Prower
Description and location of above character: Orange two-tailed fox, origin of mutation unknown. Appears in pretty much every Sonic game since the second.
Abilities of above character: Flight, Swimming, Technological Knowledge.
Other relevant information: I like pancakes? Has astrophobia.

Flag Post

[Knew you would take Tails, bro. Also, the fact that you like pancakes is NOT relevant.]

Flag Post

Name: Nara
Video game character: Gandrayda
Description: Primarily purple, female. Appears in Metroid Prime: Corruption
Abilities: Shapeshifting, [and from what I can gather] limited energy wave projection attacks.
ORI: No exact age, as ability to alter shape makes it utterly impossible to judge. However, psychologically, tests put her age around a child’s.

Heh. Like where this is going. Also, had to edit.

Flag Post

I think you mean psychologically, not physiologically.

Flag Post

Yes it was.

DAMN YOU SPELL CHECK!

Flag Post

Physiologically didn’t show up on spell check because its actually a word.

Flag Post

name: leo
character: samus
abilitys: arm cannons, her energy beam, and different element rockets.
ori:she is almost always wearing her suit, but she can take it off if she wants.

and technically, physiologically is a real word

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physiology

Flag Post

Mr. Moneybags

Monopoly

Very rich and can bankrupt you. Can also send you to jail.

Flag Post

Walford, two things: first, you’re not working against the others here, just to be sure you know that; and second, I need your character’s original name from before they entered the game world. Until you have that posted, I can’t enter your name in the system.

Flag Post

I know that, but its the game. Mr Rich then.

Flag Post

[. . .]

[Perhaps you character’s pre-game name should be Richard, instead of Mr. Rich? Or possibly Hob? Just a normal first name.]

Flag Post

Name: Paul
Nickname (character’s name): Mechafighter
Character: Human controlled mech
From game: Robokill
Abilities: Can use weapons others simply cannot carry or use.
Other information: Can use up to 4 weapons and can mount up to 4 shield recharges or other addons.

Flag Post

[Not to be discouraging, but is there a specific name for the character? That’s sort of what I was looking for, please make one up if there’s not another option. Just calibrating all the info.

In other news…
The game is open! For the time being everyone will be getting to the testing lab and waiting for the others to arrive.]

Flag Post

Richard it is.

Flag Post

[Already edited sheet]

Flag Post

Are we restricted to console games and the like, or can we use internet games as a character source too?

Flag Post

[I would prefer console games, easier to research.]

Flag Post

Name: Chris Crippler.
Favorite video game character (Or whichever character you want to play): Ichigo Kurosaki.
Description and location(game) of above character: Orange hair, is a soul reaper, from Bleach. (He does have a video game.)
Abilities of above character: His ability is San Getsu, and his Bankai. And turning into Hollow Ichigo.
Other relevant information: Basically from Bleach.

Flag Post

Think about it from a modding perspective. He’s got to treat this as you would a video game. He’s got to curve our character’s powers properly, and so on. Console games are easier to do that with. Like take Link. There’s already a set of pre-defined items and upgrades that link can recieve. And then take creeper, like you used in Polar. How does the creeper upgrade? Since console games are more in-depth, it’s easier to do these things. Also, Link has his own wiki. Creeper does not. Easier to find that info.