[Game]Virtual Reality, Vidonaut Gamewalkers(VG), Ep. 1 - Completed

669 posts

Flag Post

Reserved for Locks, Barriers, Walls, and all other types of detaining mechanisms.
DISCLAIMER: This has nothing to do with a game called ‘H@CK’ on a forum called ‘Roleplayers’.
[We have ten applicants! Game beginning shortly…1%…2%…3%…etc.]

Flag Post

Prolouge Part I – Advertisment
Suppose that in the future, gaming systems had increased in quality to the point where a person didn’t just see the game, hear it, move and the character moved, or any combination of the above, but they quite literally were injected into the base game template, ceasing to exist in real life but for a backup genetic copy, any number of which could then be sent into the game to assist if necessary. Complete loss would eject them back into reality. Of course, to the outer physical world, no time passed at all but in the player’s mind. This technology might be wildly popular in the future, possibly, but the future is now. At least, somewhat. A group of eleven of the best young video gamers will be chosen to test this new technology. Over varied games they may go, but the overall experience they had will be the detemining factor in if this is mass produced. Will you be one of those first eleven, who leads the charge?

Prolouge Part II – The Story (Futuristic Background Info)
The applicants were selected, and all tested positive in the final examinations. They bravely went through the pains this would take, including having monitoring chips put in their heads. These would keep track of their statuses, as well as contain advice. Then, through the prototype portal they went, to their respective places. All seemed well…too well. Then, it happened. An overactive day and newly activating magnetic field was all it took, and several components at the nearby electric plant flickered ceaselessly. Traveling down the line, the resounding power surges wrecked the equipment, as well as messing with the monitoring chips. As the reality/VR portal broke, all its data fused. Now, all eleven find themselves again together in this newly muddled world. They must wander, fight, and search to find their way out. This raises questions as to what would happen when they got back? They would remain the same, as the researchers agreed amongst themselves. They would have to live with it until a way to ‘cure’ their condition was found.

Applicants:
Forms can be found here.

1. (gandalf5166) Jake – Link – Legend of Zelda Series
2. (FlameFlight) Jaye – Miles ‘Tails’ Prower – Sonic series
3. (flashdeath30)Nara – Gandrayda – Metroid Prime: Corruption
4. (wizard96) Leo – Samus – Metroid series
5. (walfordking) Richard – Mr. Moneybags – Monopoly
6. (magik98) Paul – Mechafighter – Robokill
7. (squidward568) Chris – Ichigo Kurosaki – Bleach
8. (BCLEGENDS) Alex – Giygas – Mother 1
9. (KnucklesKTE12) Luke – Knuckles – Sonic series
10. (SonicTHedgehog12) Seth – Sonic – Sonic series
11. (kilozombie) Joel – Alex Mercer – Prototype [Returned to Real World.]
12. (Minnahkt) Matt – Carl Johnson – GTA:SA
13. (TimeStrike) Jeremiah – Shadow – Sonic series
14. (NonSequitur51420) Ivan – John Vattic – Second Sight

Flag Post

Statuses:

1. Jake – Normal
2. Jaye – Normal
3. Nara – Normal
4. Leo – Normal
5. Richard – Normal
6. Paul – Normal
7. Chris – Normal
8. Alex – Normal
9. Luke – Idle
10. Seth – Idle
11. Joel – Idle(?) [Quit.]
12. Matt – Normal
13. Jeremiah – Normal
14. Ivan – Normal
15. Mike – Normal

Group:

Phazon Corruption: 0.01%

Name Progress: Working on it…

Flag Post

News:

Section I: Out of game news

- 05/12/13 10:00 AM news

“As of recent developments, ten young video gamers will soon test the first true VR system – one that makes the virtual world their reality, and is said to be “redefining the video game industry”. More as it happens. Now, to Jim, our chief meteorologist, with the weather…" “Thank you, Sven. Not much is happening, as you can see on the map behind me, but noticeable are new magnetic fields in the area, seemingly reactivating for no apparent reason. This may or may not be a danger to electric equipment. Back to you.”

- 05/12/13 10:00 PM news

“Today, the virtual reality testing system imploded due to power fluctuations. We do not know much more, as many details have been obscured by the authorities. Still, we do know that they are missed much already.”

In-game news:

Item 1. Why did all the players meet? (Destiny??? Still unknown.)
Item 2. Why did everything fade to black before they met? Resolved.
Item 3. What now? Resolved.
Item 4. Defeat the enemies in the temple. Resolved.
Item 5. Find a way to communicate. (This would need more work…besides the translator things.)
Item 6. Fight your instincts. (Not resolved for reasons later revealed.)
Item 7. Get to the clearing and figure out what those codes mean! Resolved.
Item 8. Make your way through the next game. Resolved.
Item 9. Defeat Eggman in his chemical machine. Resolved.
Item 10. Defeat these robots! Remember, though, that they’re exactly on par with you. Resolved.

Flag Post

[For the time being, your characters should be arriving and waiting for the rest.]

Flag Post

Jaye
Having just gotten to the lab by bike, I go past the ordinary glass doors to the steel ones they told me to go to. Security sure was high, but I went through easily after a whole bunch of identification scannings. Having little else to do, I sit down on the first of the ten grouped chairs in the briefing room, and wait for all the slowpokes to get here.

Flag Post

Jake
I am FREAKING. I am about to become one of the ten most famous gamers in history. My mom drove me to the lab, she didn’t want to though. She thinks that video games are juvenile, and blames social problems on them as frequently as possible. I literally leap out of the car and run in. But then they stop me and make me go through security, and they tell me to SIT DOWN. What? Sit down? This is the greatest moment in gaming history, and they tell me to SIT DOWN!

Flag Post

Paul

I was just playing robokill when my computer calendar shows me the time.
“So late?”
I quickly jump on my bike and ride to the lab. Fast.
I reached it soon. “Nothing’s changed past last visit here”
Security was ridiculusly high. around 3 cameras per each room. After series of identifications, i see other kid like me sitting on chair, waiting.
I sit on second chair.
“Hi.” I say.

Flag Post

Jaye
“Hello to you, too,” I tell the person who just sat down next to me. “Name’s Jaye. You would be…?”

Flag Post

Paul

“My name’s Paul. Pure maniac of games, especially RPG’s, strategies or adventure. I love playing robokill. What’s your favourite genre/game?” i reply.

Flag Post

Jake
These people are talking like this is some kind of social gathering. Did someone forget to tell them what is HAPPENING here? And why are all these people late? If they can’t show up on time for an event as major as this, then they don’t deserve to participate.
[My character is a douche, by the way.]

Flag Post

Jaye
“I can’t say I have just one favorite…I like puzzles, and pinball. Platformers brought me here today, though.” I also notice another person pretty much flipping out about being here, and make a mental note to find out more about him if possible.

Flag Post

Chris
I tapped left on the keyboard, and Ichigo Kurosaki leapt sideways and sliced Ulquiorras head off. Green flashy words appeared on the screen.
LEVEL COMPLETE!” I grinned, then looked at the time.
“Damn, i;m late…” I muttered, and leapt out the window. I landed on my trampoline and climbed out. I got on my bike and rode to the lab.

I walk in the room. I see 2 people here.
“Hey.” I grin. “Im Chris. I chose my character as Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach. He is absolutely awesome, especially when I play him!”

Flag Post

A person comes in and hangs some things up on a bulletin board. Upon closer examination, it would show more about the applicants:
[Just compiling signup info. Signups completed, info compiled.]

Jake
Link
No description really necessary. From Legend of Zelda.
No special abilities, just a sword, and a tunic stuffed with awesome items.

Jaye
Miles ‘Tails’ Prower
Orange two-tailed fox, origin of mutation unknown. Appears in pretty much every Sonic game since the second.
Flight, Swimming, Technological Knowledge & Ability.
Other relevant information: I like pancakes? Has astrophobia.

Nara
Gandrayda
Primarily purple, female. Appears in Metroid Prime: Corruption
Shapeshifting, [and from what I can gather] limited energy wave projection attacks.
No exact age, as ability to alter shape makes it utterly impossible to judge. However, psychologically, tests put her age around a child’s.

Leo
Samus
Metroid
Arm cannons, her energy beam, and different element rockets.
She is almost always wearing her suit, but she can take it off if she wants.

Richard
Mr. Moneybags
Monopoly
Very rich and can bankrupt you. Can also send you to jail.

Paul
Mechafighter(Human controlled mech)
Robokill
Can use weapons others simply cannot carry or use.
Can use up to 4 weapons and can mount up to 4 shield recharges or other addons.

Chris Crippler.
Ichigo Kurosaki
Orange hair, is a soul reaper, from Bleach. (He does have a video game.)
His ability is San Getsu, and his Bankai. And turning into Hollow Ichigo.
Basically from Bleach.

Alex Rushman
Giygas
Looks somewhat similar to Mewtwo, but without a mouth as such…this gives a better description of him. Can be found in Mt. Itoi in Mother 1.
Character Abilities: A variety of PSI and PK abilities, including PSI Starstorm and PSI Rockin.
The Giygas from Mother 1, which has self control and is still powerful, unlike the Giygas from Mother 2: Earthbound, which has no self control whatsoever and is goddamn creepy anyways.
[Char image]:http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081215155029/earthbound/images/a/a4/MEB10.PNG

Luke Scnk
Knuckles the Echidna
Red echidna, found in most Sonic games.
Extremely powerful, good at digging.
(Insert irrelevant info here) Guardian of the Chaos Emeralds, just happens to have them with him all the time for safety these days.

Seth
Sonic the Hedgehog
Blue hedgehog. ‘Nuff said. Has own game series and appears in a whole bunch of games.
Speed.
There’s a lot of irrelevant information, but nothing I know of to put here right now.

Joel
Alex Mercer
NYC – Prototype
Shapeshifting, parkour, mutation
Nothing much.

Matt
Carl Johnson
Black, about 6’ in height and pretty athletic, wearing a white tank top, a green hoodie and green jeans. GTA:SA.
Can run great distances, easily beating triathlons, drive any car, fly anything, operate anything, and shoot pretty much everything too, from pistols through rocket launchers to double sawn-off shotguns. And reload quickly. And store pretty much everything from the above on him too. It’s surprising what can he do…
None.

Jeremiah
Shadow the Hedgehog
Jet black hedgehog with some red outlining; appears in a lot of Sonic games though I couldn’t name them all.
Speed, Stealth.
Um…epic character? Seriously, though, he is quite ‘cool’, to use some slang.

Ivan Townes
John Vattic
Half-bald, wears glasses, otherwise (sort of) average TPS character. Game is ‘Second Sight’.
Physic abilities (Telekinesis, Healing, Psi Pulse/Blast, Charm, Projection/Possession).
Nah, nothing extra.

Mike Clastery
Ezio Auditore da Firenze
I’m lazy. The Italian Renaissance, Venize [Waiting for further information…]
Awesome parkour tricks, and assasination.
Nope not really.

Flag Post

[What does it mean “Not prepared for breifing.”]

Flag Post

[You’re there, but you haven’t sat down.]

Flag Post

Paul

A person comes and hangs something up on the bulletin board.
Bit curious, i read some text. It’s about the player that will enter.
Richard…Me…Chris (oh, that’s him)…Nara… Oh, here’s Jaye.
“Oh, you’re Tails… Heh. Nice choose.” I say to Jaye.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TailsTheFox12:

[You’re there, but you haven’t sat down.]

Oh…..

Chris
I then look around and find alot of seats. I sit down in one of them.

Flag Post

Alex
I am running as fast as I can to get to the building. Somehow, my dad managed to drop me off about half a mile away from the building, and I have to push past people whilst apologising to get through quickly. Eventually, though, I reach the building, out of breath, but ultimately alive and ready to begin. It seems some of the others are here already, and I sit down next to one of them after studying the list of test participants carefully.

[You, squid. I guess.]

Flag Post

Chris
“Hi!” I grin to the person next to me. “Who did you ask to be in this new technology thingymajigybob? I asked for Ichigo!”

Flag Post

Alex
‘Well, I have no idea who that is, but he sounds strange… but whatever. Anyways, I chose to be Giygas… the one from Mother, which had self control whilst still being powerful, not the one from Earthbound, which was screwed up in the head and god damn scary to fight anyways.’

Flag Post

Paul

“Hmm…” i read the list once again, then i sit down.
I grab a piece of paper from my pocket.

“Dear child.
Hope everything will be okay. We’re counting on you!
-Mom and dad”

Sigh. I put it back to my pocket.

“I hope that everything will be okay.” i whisper to myself.

“I’m mech from robokill. It’s a good game, except sometimes get’s really irritating when you have too low level, low cash and high level bots. When there’s bot spawn in the sector, i usually destroy spawned bots untill they got depleted. Gives a good XP boost.”

Flag Post

Jaye
“Thanks, Paul, your character sounds interesting…I honestly think this will be more weird than cool. I mean, just think about some of these characters…a physic character, or a two-tailed fox…we will essentially become the characters we chose.”

Flag Post

Paul

“Yeah. Can’t wait for the rest of players.
I’m curious if this will be Co-operation or deathmatch or something…”

Flag Post

Alex
‘Personally, I just want a chance to blast the living crap out of Ninten in Mother. Hahaha, that’ll be fun… until they start singing, then I think Giygas yields or something… well, he’s still awesome.’