rpg mafia (signups) closed. admin please lock this.

82 posts

Flag Post

hello everyone. ive been here for a few months and decided to make my own mafia.
however, theres a twist. almost everything in this game is stat-based. you start off with a random role, which has higher stats in certain areas, and from there you can level up your stats every time you do something good (e.g nightkill, vote off a mafia, pull a bandwagon, things like that) and improve them. for now ill be hoping for 12 users, but ill up the bar as i go on.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
signed
1.gandalf
2.jaume
3.magik
4.bclegends
5.jittyot
6.soundfxman
7.silent sam
8.jimmy 4876
9.squidward568
10.tailsthefox12
11.dragonvy
12.flameflight
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
role:mafioso
win situation: they outnumber the amount of villagers
special powers: they know the other mafiosos and have a high chance at killing a person.
experience gainer: successful nightkills, bandwagons (you must start the bandwagon, it doesnt count if you join it) saving other mafiosos
role: apprentice
win situation: all mafiosos are dead
special powers: no extra than anyone else. except they can upgrade any stat and gain the most experience
experience gainer: any good feat done (if anyone would like to give me some closer ideas, tell me.)
role:politician
win situation:all mafiosos are dead
special powers:exeptionally high diplomacy(there vote counts for more than others) and the ability to bribe people with experience to vote for others every day.
experience gainer: convincing others to vote for the same man as you (double if hes mafia (only counts if he dies))
role:rogue
win situation:all Mafioso’s are dead.
special powers: can steal someone’s wallet, and thus learn their identity
experience gainer: successful wallet stealing, and half the regular amount of experience for mafia kills.
role:priest
win situation:all Mafioso’s are dead.
special powers:can shield anyone, and thus save them from death.
experience gainer: successful sheilding of people (it doesnt matter whether they save them from death or not, they wont know they did)
more roles will be posted soon.

*thank you bclegends, for making this brilliant idea. *

Role: Contract Killer
Win Situation: Stay alive AND kill at least four people during the game.

Special Powers: At any time, someone may whisper the mod asking for the C.K. to kill a specific person, in exchange for a certain amount of their exp. The mod will whisper the C.K. telling him who has hired him, how much exp he will gain and who he has been hired to kill, and he will automatically kill the targeted person during the next/current night phase, depending on what time he is hired. However, the mod will post that the C.K. has been hired on the thread without telling anyone who is hiring and who is going to die. At this point, someone may outbid the current hirer with a whisper to the mod, offering higher exp amount than the previous one and asking the C.K. to kill a person of their choice.
Effectively, the C.K. is part of a bidding war – the highest bidder at the end of the night phase will get their kill in, and lose the amount of exp they offered, which the C.K. will gain. For all intents and purposes, a contract kill counts as a nightkill – if the kill fails, the C.K. and hirer only gain and lose respectively half the offered exp, and the attempted nightkill is not counted towards the total kills needed for the C.K. to win.
Experience Gainer: Contract killing (exp gained depends on how much is offered by the highest bidder at the end of the night phase).

thank you bclegends, for making this brilliant idea

Role: Light Mage/Dark Mage
Win Situation: All mafia members are dead/mafia outnumber townies (applies respectively).
Special Powers: These linked roles know which person is their opposite due to the magical presence, and can perform one of five actions each night. The first four are shared, and cannot be used two nights in a row:
1. They can protect themselves, defending themselves from any actions that may involve them during the night, such as night kills.
2. They can protect someone else, with the same results as before.
3. They can night kill somebody.
4. They can check somebody to see what side they’re on.
The last night action is only available to them if they are both still alive after three day phases. After this point, they can agree to announce to the mod that they are going to have a magical duel to the death which will leave everyone else in a coma, unable to perform any actions whatsoever. This lasts from the night phase the battle begins to the end of the next day phase. The winner of this battle depends on who has the highest of each stat – the mage with the highest number of higher stats will kill the other mage, and gets the only vote of that day, which will be whispered to the mod. However, the winning mage cannot use any of the four shared powers for two nights after the battle, thus leaving them vulnerable if someone knows who they are.
Experience Gainer: Successful protections to themselves or to others and successful night kills (med exp), successful side checks (low exp), defeating the opposing Mage (v. high exp).
(in case you were wondering why my posts are more organised, im learning html in computers)

once again, thanks for the role bclegends

Role: Insidious Lifeform

Win Situation: All other players are dead OR get lynched by the village.
Special Powers: One nightkill every night, and can persuade one person to vote for them every day by offering them experience. Nobody knows which person, if any, has been persuaded to vote for the I.L. until the end of the day (although it will be shown in vote counts if these are started by the OP), and they are not told if the I.L. has persuaded them if he does not get lynched.
Experience Gainer: Successful nightkills (med exp), successful persuasions (high exp; only counts if the I.L. is not lynched, for obvious reasons).

Flag Post

I’ll join.

Flag Post

added some roles.

Flag Post

Thinking between joining or not joining.
[I joined pretty much of the forum games + my Wasteland. I don’t know if i could handle also this.]

Flag Post

I sign up.

Flag Post

just so you know, ill be revealing roles every time someone signs up. ill probably over role it, but then we can decide which roles to keep.

Flag Post

Sing me up, i might handle also this.

[My idea for role:
Role: Mr. killer
win situation: Outnumber the villagers.
special powers: Can kill at day and at night. But to regulate the situation, doesn’t knows who’s mafioso or another Mr. killer.
experience gainer: Per each kill (Medium EXP), vote (little EXP), starting bandwagon (medium EXP) or killing important character from the villagers (Lots of EXP).]

[PS: This is an idea. Do anything you want with it]

Flag Post

I shall join this, as I’ve never seen a mafia RPG on Kongregate before… also, here’s an idea for a role.

Role: Insidious Lifeform
Win Situation: All other players are dead OR get lynched by the village.
Special Powers: One nightkill every night, and can persuade one person to vote for them every day. Nobody knows which person, if any, has been persuaded to vote for the I.L. until the end of the day (although it will be shown in vote counts if these are started by the OP), and they are not told if the I.L. has persuaded them if he does not get lynched.
Experience Gainer: Successful nightkills (med exp), successful persuasions (high exp; only counts if the I.L. is not lynched, for obvious reasons).

The I.L. is sort of like a combination of a Serial Killer (on their own side, can nightkill every night), a Jester (wins if lynched) and a Politician (can buy one person’s vote every day by whisper, but in this case, the vote is automatically put towards the I.L. instead of adding on to the I.L’s own vote). All three roles and their descriptions can be found here.

Flag Post

[Another idea from me:
Role: Virus
Win situation: Wipe out any living human.

Special powers: Difficult (and powerfull when level up’d) role, infects people via whisper to the mod, while target is infected the virus can eighter kill the target or spread the infection. (Example: if 3 players are infected, virus can eighter kill chosen player or spread the infection on 3 other players. virus can kill only 1 infected person.

Experience gainer: Success infection (Mid EXP), kill (High EXP) or spread (Low EXP).

NOTE: Some characters like doctor can heal up to 2 infected players. When there is MORE THAN 3 infected, the mod MUST announce that virus infected certain amount of players, and can also announce who’s infected.
And doctor can also cure somebody, making him immune to virus untill virus will mutate (Level up).

Flag Post

Eh, why not.

Role: Contract Killer
Win Situation: Stay alive AND kill at least four people during the game.
Special Powers: At any time, someone may whisper the mod asking for the C.K. to kill a specific person, in exchange for a certain amount of their exp. The mod will whisper the C.K. telling him who has hired him, how much exp he will gain and who he has been hired to kill, and he will automatically kill the targeted person during the next/current night phase, depending on what time he is hired. However, the mod will post that the C.K. has been hired on the thread without telling anyone who is hiring and who is going to die. At this point, someone may outbid the current hirer with a whisper to the mod, offering higher exp amount than the previous one and asking the C.K. to kill a person of their choice.
Effectively, the C.K. is part of a bidding war – the highest bidder at the end of the night phase will get their kill in, and lose the amount of exp they offered, which the C.K. will gain. For all intents and purposes, a contract kill counts as a nightkill – if the kill fails, the C.K. and hirer only gain and lose respectively half the offered exp, and the attempted nightkill is not counted towards the total kills needed for the C.K. to win.
Experience Gainer: Contract killing (exp gained depends on how much is offered by the highest bidder at the end of the night phase).

Flag Post

That’s actually an incredibly cool idea BC O.o

Flag Post

Which one, Insidious Lifeform or Contract Killer?

Flag Post

Ck.

Flag Post

CK sounds awesome and ill sign

Flag Post

magik, your ideas are too powerful. bcs, however, are brilliant. im thinking of including the i.l (cks already added), but im wondering, does “persuading” mean they cant vote?

Flag Post

I like how you made the C.K. role in massive letters. Just sayin’. ;P

Flag Post

fixed lol. meant to make your name big to show my thanks, but i screwed up the end command.

Flag Post

As i said, do what you want with them.
Edit, change or simply don’t take it – you choose.

Flag Post

maybe ill just make virus less drastic, like “______ is sick, so he wont be able to vote”. the effect of the virus could change every level up. ill just ask the other players what they think of it.

Flag Post

I’d say do what you said, like ‘whoever is sick, and cannot vote for X days’, where X could increase like a stat upon level up.

EDIT: I just noticed that you asked me whether persuading means they do not get to vote, wizard. They basically vote as normal, but when it comes to vote counting, the vote is counted towards the I.L. rather than the person they voted for, sort of like ‘the person the persuaded person voted for needs one extra vote to be lynched, whereas the person who persuaded them needs one less vote to be lynched’. Also, when the I.L. is lynched, kills everyone else or otherwise loses, there could be a list of people they had persuaded throughout the game… although the last thing could be optional.

EDITEDIT: New role ideas.

Role: Light Mage/Dark Mage
Win Situation: All mafia members are dead/mafia outnumber townies (applies respectively).
Special Powers: These linked roles know which person is their opposite due to the magical presence, and can perform one of five actions each night. The first four are shared, and cannot be used two nights in a row:
1. They can protect themselves, defending themselves from any actions that may involve them during the night, such as night kills.
2. They can protect someone else, with the same results as before.
3. They can night kill somebody.
4. They can check somebody to see what side they’re on.
The last night action is only available to them if they are both still alive after three day phases. After this point, they can agree to announce to the mod that they are going to have a magical duel to the death which will leave everyone else in a coma, unable to perform any actions whatsoever. This lasts from the night phase the battle begins to the end of the next day phase. The winner of this battle depends on who has the highest of each stat – the mage with the highest number of higher stats will kill the other mage, and gets the only vote of that day, which will be whispered to the mod. However, the winning mage cannot use any of the four shared powers for two nights after the battle, thus leaving them vulnerable if someone knows who they are.
Experience Gainer: Successful protections to themselves or to others and successful night kills (med exp), successful side checks (low exp), defeating the opposing Mage (v. high exp).

I’m aware that there is a Mage role already… maybe these could be an augmentation to it? Alternatively, the existing Mage role could be more neutral than good, whilst the Light Mage role is almost purely good, and the Dark mage is pretty damn evil. If you do add this, I’d go with the role augmentation thing I suggested.

Flag Post

Yeah. What he said.

Flag Post

bc, another great idea. added, and ill change the mage to the priest. but for your insidious lifeform, perhaps i should modify it so the person your trying to convince is made an offer of experience from the mod or something and doesnt know who asked? or perhaps it just says who to vote, and i use the same thing with the politicians persuasion to make sure the person doesnt know who the il is?

Flag Post

Could you explain the second thing more clearly please?

Flag Post

Holy crap. That’s another awesome role idea. You win, man. I wish I could include them in my mafia, but they rely on experience, and I’d rather my first game be simpler. Props to wiz, though, for undertaking this massive labor.

Flag Post

well, its sort of like the contract killer.

you pay him experience to kill people

but instead, the insidious lifeform pays you experience to kill him.

but to keep people from ratting him out, the politicians use the same method for their persuasion

do you find that a good idea?

edit: thanks for the compliment gandalf. could use somebody to help me crunch the numbers of experience. can you help mod? (you can still play)