[lock]

178 posts

Flag Post

Verest City has been nearly wiped out by a strange virus. You have somehow been saved. Some among you are mutants, who no longer have blood but instead crave it. Some are survivors, whose main goal is to live to see tomorrow. The only hope of life is to survive until UN forces arrive to save the whoever is left. But will you make it?

Survivors: (can use items unless otherwise stated)

Leader (1)-The mutants know who you are, but you cannot be night killed. You have to make important choices in the story. You also keep your old job. Note: The leader can be a mutant...

Doctor (1)-You are well learned in the field of medicine. If you can survive to Day 5, you can cure or demote one mutant per night. If they are non-mutated, they will get a med-pack.

Scientist (1)-You can build useful items using stuff lying around. Every night, you receive one component.

Policeman (2)-Being well trained, you can use one night kill. You also have your trusty bulletproof vest, and thus are immune to items.

Government Agent (1)-You have been sent to evaluate the situation. If someone tries to night kill you, you counterattack and they die. You can also investigate 2 people and learn their roles. However, due to regulations, you cannot use items.

Virus Resistant (2)-Class S mutants think you are one of them. You can, at the cost of revealing your identity, kill the Class S. You cannot be turned into a mutant by Class ?.

Citizen (2)-You just want to live. You can’t do anything, besides use items..

Mutants: (cannot use items unless otherwise stated)

Class S (1)-You are the most dangerous type of mutant. You can use items, use one night kill, and you can verify whether or not up to 7 people are mutant. You cannot be demoted to a lower class. There can only be one.

Class A (1)-You are very dangerous, and get to use one night kill.

Class B(1)-You are severely mutated, so much so that it is visible on the outside. Everyone can tell you are mutant, but you cannot be killed by any known means.

Class C (1)-You are a lower class of mutant, but still dangerous. You are sneaky, and can discover who someone else is.

Class D (1)-You are a pretty weak mutant, and cannot do much. However, you are crafty, and can use items.

Class E (1)-You are pretty much fodder. You can’t do anything useful whatsoever.

Class ? (1)-You are an unknown type of mutant. You can spread the infection, and thus, every other night, choose one person to infect, or promote if they already are a mutant.

Items:

Gun (megarare)-One night kill. Needs 10 Components.

MedPac+ (rare)-Immunity to one nightkill. Needs 8 Components

MedPac (uncommon)-Immunity to one mutation attempt. Needs 5 Components.

Wad-O-Cash (rare)-Learn one identity; when used, passed on to victim. Needs 7 Components.

Switchblade (rare)-Counterkills someone who tries to kill you. Needs 6 Components.

Flashlight (common)-Lets you learn one nighttime activity. Needs 2 Components.

Component (scientist only)-Lets you build items.

Flag Post

1. SoundFXMan
2. XYTWO
3. TailsTheFox12
4. flashdeath30
5. walfordking
6. commie_commander
7. JaumeBG Leader
8. gandalf5166, class D mutant
9. magik98, class E mutant
10. FlameFlight, Scientist
11. wizard96 Class B
12. viper11475
13. SilentSam
14. jittyot
15. PheonixW
16. JediSasquatch
17. Rokun
18. SonicTHedgehog12
19. KnucklesKTE12

Flag Post

Story So Far

The survivors of the virus attack gathered. Immediately, people were afraid of wizard, but when they tried to kill him, they found they couldn’t. So they decided just to watch him, and be careful. Then someone spoke up. “We need to elect a leader.” Everyone agreed. The people had voted, and it was more or less unanimous that JaumeBG should be the leader of them all. He accepted humbly, and the gave him a shiny chunk of metal with a spike to serve as a badge. “As my first act as you leader, I say we set up camp for the night. There may be a lot of mutants lurking about.” A few people glanced nervously at wizard96. “Don’t worry,” JuameBG laughed, “He can’t hurt anyone. Class B’s are harmless, but I admit that they are freaky.” After the night, it seemed nothing much happened. Nothing seemed out of place, other than a popcorn bag near XYTWO. JuameBG got everyone’s attention, and made an announcement; “Okay people, we need a safe place to go to, so we need to pick where we want to go. I’ve narrowed it down to two places; The 482th Other-Branch-Religion Church and the Grand Heights Hotel. You guys vote.” After counting votes, it was pretty much unanimous that everyone wanted to go to the church. However, upon arriving, they found a note. “Beware the Kript.” They then went inside. This church was quite unusual. After searching the area, 2 people found items. Then, they set up camp for the night. Everyone was arguing about setting up a watch, when there was a loud crash outside. However, everyone was nervous and no one wanted to check. “I say we vote,” offered JuameBG, “That’s the fairest way to do it.” After a busy night, it was decided JuameBG and magik98 would be lookouts. They patrolled the outside of the church, and were getting tired, when they heard a sound. They ran around the corner, and a shot rang out. magik98, a class E mutant, died. JuameBG ran inside as fast as he could. “Guys! Someone killed magik98!” Most jolted awake, however jittyot, SilentSam, gandalf5166, pheonixW, and TailsTheFox12 were a little tired. A couple people ran outside, and found magik98’s corpse. He didn’t bleed. “Well,” muttered jittyot, “It seems like he’s a mutant. Or at least, was.” “What’re we going to do?” asked gandalf5166, “We need to figure out who killed magik98!” Everyone agreed. To stay safe, they had to kill the killer. But who was it? After an argument filled day, everyone had voted. FlameFlight must have been the killer. They grabbed a broken shard of glass, and speared him in the chest. Red blood came out, and they found some gadgets and stuff in his pockets. He was a scientist. “Well,” said JuameBG, “He sure doesn’t seem like he could’ve killed magik98. Anyways, we need a plan if we want to live. I suggest we form 3 groups: People who guard the church, people who look for items and supplies, and people to help me plan this out. Sleep on it. The groups will be made in the morning.” After a rather uneventful night, gandalf5166 and wizard96 would be runners, Flashdeath30, jittyot, XYTWO, and walfordking would be planners, and SilentSam would be the guard. Everyone else chose not to get a job. Suddenly, a loud explosion rocked the church. It seemed that the UN had decided the infection was too dangerous, and the city had to be eradicated! “Dangit!” shouted JuameBG, “Don’t they know there’re still non-mutants in this city?! wizard96, gandalf5166, look for food.” gandalf5166 didn’t move. “gandalf5166, help him.” Everyone crowded around him. He was a Class D Mutant, and was dead. He led everyone into the catacombs under the church. “Okay, we need a plan to survive. gandalf5166, wizard96, go look for food. SilentSam, watch the stairs. Flashdeath30, jittyot, XYTWO, walfordking; Help me figure out where to go from here. Everyone else, just stay here.” Wizard96 was still out looking for supplies, and SilentSam and PheonixW didn’t see anything suspicious at all during the day. JuameBG sighed. “Do you guys really think the mutants will attack in broad daylight?” Nobody else wanted to volunteer to help out. After checking with the Planners, it was decided that the group should go into the tunnel on the Right. They traveled for a bit, and came across a sign that read “Abandon all hope ye who enter here.” flashdeath30 rolled his eyes. “How original.” However, the other planners were a bit nervous. “We should stay a while before continuing. There could be traps, and it’s dark enough during the day,” JuameBG decided. Then, there was a loud rumble, and the passage behind them collapsed!

Flag Post

Right now, I’m sending out roles. Please confirm once you get yours!

Also, post if you didn’t. My laptop was a bit laggy.

2nd Also: The only rules are to try and live. You can reveal roles if you want, but that’d be dumb.

Flag Post

Confirmed, and a bit of a complaint here. The knowing all other team role is a little….unbalancing? Sure, I’ll go with that. It pretty much insures that the only town roles that won’t just get bombed by votes and by night kills are the Resistant.

Flag Post

Confirmed my role. And please answer to the whisper I sent you, narfnin, it’s a question I have about this game.

Flag Post

Confirmed my role.

Flag Post

Confirming my role…

Flag Post

confirmation of sucky role.

Flag Post

Mutants can’t speak with each other though, so only the class S knows the roles. Confirmed.

Flag Post

Confirmed.

Flag Post

Check.

Flag Post

Okay…got it.

Flag Post

Okay, fixed balance issues. Gov’t agent gets 2 role reveals and the doctor gives med-packs to those non-mutated. Also, if everyone gangs up on one, that’ll mean that they all reveal that they are mutant. So the civilians can kill them due to outnumbering.

Flag Post
Originally posted by gandalf5166:

Mutants can’t speak with each other though, so only the class S knows the roles. Confirmed.

You completely miss the idea of whispers.

Originally posted by narfnin:

Okay, fixed balance issues. Gov’t agent gets 2 role reveals and the doctor gives med-packs to those non-mutated. Also, if everyone gangs up on one, that’ll mean that they all reveal that they are mutant. So the civilians can kill them due to outnumbering.

Not really, bandwagons happen a lot of the time.

Flag Post

Didnt get a role

Flag Post

Yes, they could whisper, but that would be cheating. If people whispered, it would mess with the very idea of a mafia game.

Flag Post

Kind of the point I was getting at. I’ve complained about roles involving knowing pretty much everything before, and for pretty much that reason.

Flag Post

That’s beyond roles, that’s the very structure of the game, even if you had a normal cop, doc, and 2 mafia setup, the mafia could whisper during the day, or town could whisper each other; there’s no way to deal with that problem other than to trust the players.

Flag Post

I have teh confirmation.

Flag Post

Yes, but the risk of it occurring is greater when one already knows the roles, as one has to ask themselves:

“What if I’m just revealing myself and will die from this.”? While they already know what roles, and in this case a 9/11 [:O] chance to pick correctly.

Flag Post

I fix’d it. The S gets 5 semi role-reveals. Mutant or not.

edit: Boosted it to 7 because of his pwnzority.

Flag Post

Confirmation needed from:

walfordking
viper11475
jittyot
PheonixW
JediSasquatch

Flag Post

wait, can i actually be promoted to class a? and you need to tell me who the leader is.

Flag Post

Confirmed